"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Draconic
I Live Here

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Draconic » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:04 am

Aww... They didn't do much with Vegeta's new outfit. Also, I have a feeling before this arc is done, Trunks is gonna get Blue.

Will be interesting to see what Cooler is up to and also makes me wonder if we'll see the other movie villains who missed out on a Dark Dragon Ball. Bojack, Hirudegarn and Garlic Jr would be pretty cool to return with new forms.

That new character is the biggest tease, tho!
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:20 am

Huh, it is Cooler. I wonder what they're doing with him, he doesn't seem to be a villain in this instance.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:32 am

Draconic wrote:Aww... They didn't do much with Vegeta's new outfit. Also, I have a feeling before this arc is done, Trunks is gonna get Blue.

Will be interesting to see what Cooler is up to and also makes me wonder if we'll see the other movie villains who missed out on a Dark Dragon Ball. Bojack, Hirudegarn and Garlic Jr would be pretty cool to return with new forms.

I hope they don't do what Xenoverse 2 did and try to play off a stronger Meta-Cooler as something special for him. That was so lame. :lol:

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:03 am

With how Super centric the characters seems to be, I wouldn't be surprised if they give him the Golden form.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:06 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
EveBlaze31 wrote:Huh, can't really tell who that is probay one of the SEC. Beat flying into the ToP shouldn't that be a disqualification.
No flying isn't a rule, the fighters were just made incapable of flying. They made note that if you are able to fly still then it's fine.
Sandubadear wrote: Who's the guy at 1:00? Masked SSJ4 Goku Xeno? lol.
That's not SSJ4 Goku's hair and there is no red around the eyes. It looks like black "ssj3 style" hair. Pretty sure it's a new character.
To me It looks a little like ultimate gohan, so I figured its to go with the whole trunks' masked man thing

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:09 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
EveBlaze31 wrote:Huh, can't really tell who that is probay one of the SEC. Beat flying into the ToP shouldn't that be a disqualification.
No flying isn't a rule, the fighters were just made incapable of flying. They made note that if you are able to fly still then it's fine.
Sandubadear wrote: Who's the guy at 1:00? Masked SSJ4 Goku Xeno? lol.
That's not SSJ4 Goku's hair and there is no red around the eyes. It looks like black "ssj3 style" hair. Pretty sure it's a new character.
To me It looks a little like ultimate gohan, so I figured its to go with the whole trunks' masked man thing
I agree the first thing I thought when I saw him was gohan, and that’s who I believe it is

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:09 am

Draconic wrote:Aww... They didn't do much with Vegeta's new outfit. Also, I have a feeling before this arc is done, Trunks is gonna get Blue.

the fact hes got a mask makes me pretty confident hes a saiyan, and the quiff looks very gohan to me

speaking of hirudegarn, Id love for him to get a smaller, humanoid form like the new one demigra got
Last edited by mahakaishin1991 on Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:10 am

And we have a name for the new power-up Vegeta got: Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Evolution.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Android 21 will appear in Heroes. It seems she'll debut there only in UM2 (to be released in May) though.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Future Trunks' technique is the Masenko, there's a Goku card with this technique and Fu's technique is the "completed version of his father's Serious Bomb" seen briefly in XV2 DLC Extra Pack 2 trailer.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

DI297
Beyond Newbie

Post by DI297 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:53 am

Wonder who that new guy is, the long ssj3 like hair makes me think about Raditz but he has a bang so it couldn't be him, also that new vegeta's form name is so lame it makes the fan names look good.

MajinVegetaSSj6
Beyond Newbie

Post by MajinVegetaSSj6 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:56 am

SSB Evolution...or SSB Shinka...but Nice to have finally a name

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:56 am

Huh. Cooler breaking Trunks out of prison? I feel like Cooler hasn't really had enough characterization beyond being Frieza's brother, so I suppose it's possible. Or maybe it's like Frieza in the current arc and he's only teaming up with Trunks for revenge on Fu. Also, the eyes on that one character gives me Broly vibes, and even though I'm almost certain it's not him, I definitely feel like they wanted to evoke that feeling for some reason. Who the heck could he be? Slowing down the scene and looking closer, he seems to be wearing a straitjacket with Fu's |X| mark on it. Combined with the whole mask thing, definitely gives a crazy, berserker-like vibe. Maybe he's Fu's prisoner/secret weapon?

And man.. I really hope Heroes or something will explain Super Saiyan Rage, because I'm still really mad the anime never did. I really wish Super just went and gave Trunks SS3 instead.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:04 am

My two cents about the new character to be introduced in UM2:

I'd bet he's either Fu's creation of (based on) a Saiyan or since Fu will continue to mess with time (and seemingly even with dimensions), it might be Yamoshi himself captured. Then again, to introduce Yamoshi to the public now would be a huge deal as he might appear in the next movie (or he won't appear at all and that's why Heroes is using him now).

As for Cooler, even though he doesn't feel like a legit part of the lore here, it's cooler to see him since he doesn't have any what-if transformation, this will be an opportunity for him to get one.

~ Day of the Machines ~

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:19 am

Grimlock wrote:My two cents about the new character to be introduced in UM2:

I'd bet he's either Fu's creation of (based on) a Saiyan or since Fu will continue to mess with time (and seemingly even with dimensions), it might be Yamoshi himself captured. Then again, to introduce Yamoshi to the public now would be a huge deal as he might appear in the next movie (or he won't appear at all and that's why Heroes is using him now).

As for Cooler, even though he doesn't feel like a legit part of the lore here, it's cooler to see him since he doesn't have any what-if transformation, this will be an opportunity for him to get one.
Dude legit fucking theory, if you’re right that would be amazing. I think at the end of Universe mission 1 we’ll get a ingame dialogue cutscene with him .

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:46 am

Tinfoil hat: Are we getting Time Patroller Cooler? Will he get a bitching coat?

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:01 pm

Grimlock wrote:My two cents about the new character to be introduced in UM2:

Consider how long it took before they involved Super characters in the Heroes story. There's no way they'll use Yamoshi anytime soon. He might be revealed fairly soon though since we're supposed to get more info about the movie by the end of the next month, but they wouldn't use him for a Heroes story like that considering how they've handled Super while it ran.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:06 pm

SSB Evolution...eh. I still prefer SSB2
Caulifla best girl! :)

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:18 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote:I think at the end of Universe mission 1 we’ll get a ingame dialogue cutscene with him .
Yeah, if UM1 ends with a cliffhanger, it's definitely going to be related to this new character.
Neon Z wrote:Consider how long it took before they involved Super characters in the Heroes story. There's no way they'll use Yamoshi anytime soon. He might be revealed fairly soon though since we're supposed to get more info about the movie by the end of the next month, but they wouldn't use him for a Heroes story like that considering how they've handled Super while it ran.
No Dragon Ball Super's characters were involved with Dragon Ball Heroes' storyline, Trunks and Mai are the first ones but it's not a case of how long it took, Heroes could easily use a Dragon Ball Super character in their story at any point, but they only wanted to do it now.

Yamoshi has not been introduced in/is not a Dragon Ball Super-related character and you are assuming he will appear in the next movie, in which I already said that he might not even appear at all (which would explain why Heroes would be using him now).

~ Day of the Machines ~

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:50 pm

Grimlock wrote:And we have a name for the new power-up Vegeta got: Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Evolution.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Android 21 will appear in Heroes. It seems she'll debut there only in UM2 (to be released in May) though.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Future Trunks' technique is the Masenko, there's a Goku card with this technique and Fu's technique is the "completed version of his father's Serious Bomb" seen briefly in XV2 DLC Extra Pack 2 trailer.
This Vegeta's image is the new SDBH commercial?
So I think we can get an idea of what Vegeta's look will look like with the new form in the game.

But we have only images or this commercial was released somewhere?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:31 pm

Kanassa wrote:Tinfoil hat: Are we getting Time Patroller Cooler? Will he get a bitching coat?
Not gonna lie, I would be all for that! :lol:

The new character is very intriguing. A saiyan from the past? Or from Universe 6? :think:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:45 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Kanassa wrote:Tinfoil hat: Are we getting Time Patroller Cooler? Will he get a bitching coat?
Not gonna lie, I would be all for that! :lol:

The new character is very intriguing. A saiyan from the past? Or from Universe 6? :think:
And so the Trunks and Cooler Time Patrol-themed Buddy/Cop Sit Com began!

Kanassa wrote: