"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:45 pm

Dragotaker wrote:What happened??? i thought Demigra was killed after the end of God Mission but apparently he appears in the Super DB Heroes manga or has been hinted that he still there don't know all the details however because the only sure way to follow the game is in those arcade machines and everything in japanese i have no idea of the rest.
He just explained the cliffhanger. Mechickaboola appears before Towa and the Makai Army immediately following Demigra's defeat, teasing what would be coming in SDBH.

For the rest of the post, DB Online, XV/XV2, DBH/SDBH arcades, DBH 3DS, DBH/SDBH animated commercials, and the DBH Makai manga all have different versions of the same basic story. There's no continuity between any of them (that aren't outright sequels, like XV to XV2). None of them have any effect on the other. They shouldn't even link up with each other in the multiple timeline sense, as each one features different events of the Time Patrol and its formation, even though there's implied to only be one version of Time Kaioshin Chronoa that oversees history.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:55 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Dragotaker wrote:What happened??? i thought Demigra was killed after the end of God Mission but apparently he appears in the Super DB Heroes manga or has been hinted that he still there don't know all the details however because the only sure way to follow the game is in those arcade machines and everything in japanese i have no idea of the rest.
He just explained the cliffhanger. Mechickaboola appears before Towa and the Makai Army immediately following Demigra's defeat, teasing what would be coming in SDBH.

For the rest of the post, DB Online, XV/XV2, DBH/SDBH arcades, DBH 3DS, DBH/SDBH animated commercials, and the DBH Makai manga all have different versions of the same basic story. There's no continuity between any of them (that aren't outright sequels, like XV to XV2). None of them have any effect on the other. They shouldn't even link up with each other in the multiple timeline sense, as each one features different events of the Time Patrol and its formation, even though there's implied to only be one version of Time Kaioshin Chronoa that oversees history.
Is it possible that each are a parallel timeline of each other?
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:29 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:For the rest of the post, DB Online, XV/XV2, DBH/SDBH arcades, DBH 3DS, DBH/SDBH animated commercials, and the DBH Makai manga all have different versions of the same basic story. There's no continuity between any of them (that aren't outright sequels, like XV to XV2). None of them have any effect on the other. They shouldn't even link up with each other in the multiple timeline sense, as each one features different events of the Time Patrol and its formation, even though there's implied to only be one version of Time Kaioshin Chronoa that oversees history.
Is it possible that each are a parallel timeline of each other?
Just covered that...

They imply there's only one Chronoa watching over all the various timelines once she becomes the Time Kaioshin. She can't meet up with Trunks, learn about Towa & Mira, and form the Time Patrol for the first time more than once. The knowledge and events would influence those other encounters, which isn't the case.

You can view them as parallel universes in the out of universe sense; as in they cover the same basic story format and content. There can be a "universe" where DBO happened and the rest of the non Time Patrol base content is included in that mutli-timeline web, and there can be one where Xenoverse and the rest of the non Time Patrol base content is included its mutli-timeline web. But in the in-universe sense, as of current information, only one of those interpretations should be possible to happen in any given continuity. Meaning the Xenoverse Time Patrol shouldn't be able to interact with the events of Online or Heroes.

Of course they could always throw that out the window and do whatever they want later. Wouldn't be the first retcon in the franchise.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:28 pm

New commercial.
[spoiler]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FNg3wO2acX4[/spoiler]

Goresh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Goresh » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:32 pm

On vacation and won’t be able to post my review for a few days. Will be up when I get home on the 14th or 15th.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:05 pm

What does it say above "King Vegeta: Xeno"?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:40 am

Nothing special: advent/arrival/etc. Same that was used for Merged Zamasu, Toppo, etc. Basically just means he's debuting.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:41 am

I believe it might be "Advent".

That's just Google Translate though.

EDIT: Nevermind lol.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:03 am

For those worried, Mechickaboola does have his youth restored at the end of SDBH8. And what a coincidence, it changes his clothes to something resembling those of a Kaioshin (Makaioshin? Finally? Please?), as well as looking a bit like our newly designed teenage Fu...

Hmm.

These aren't the only story portions availible in this mission, but they are the only ones he's uploaded at the moment: Story Vid 1 & Story Vid 2.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:50 am

Rinsankajugin wrote:What does it say above "King Vegeta: Xeno"?

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
It boggles my mind that we have an official Dragon Ball video game that's comprised of characters like this. Literally the most fanfiction of fanfiction.

I'm not necessarily complaining about it, it's just crazy to think about. 12 year old me would have loved this.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:03 am

That clothes, though! I liked the colors of it. Goddamn it, Heroes! By showing young Mechikabura you just made Super Saiyan 4 Xeno Gogeta even more of a waste!

Let's just hope that at least UM1 continues to bring content about Demon Realm, young Mechikabura and Xeno King Vegeta needs some attention and explanation.

Speaking of Xeno King Vegeta, can someone translate his dialogue with Xeno Bardock and Xeno Paragas? There's also a dialogue pre-battle, but it's not completed.

EDIT: It seems the next issue of Saikyo Jump and V-Jump will bring a card that will allow a transformation, something that was not possible until now. Love when the magazines complement the game, that's how Heroes should do with the regular cards and the SECs, they should complement each other.

[spoiler]Image Image[/spoiler]

In case someone missed: Image

Kaioshin of Time's transformation is called "Power of Time Unleashed".
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:09 am

It would really make sense if Demigra, Putine, Gravy, and Mechi were Shinjin because their background fits with it

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:27 am

Rinsankajugin wrote:What does it say above "King Vegeta: Xeno"?
降臨 Kōrin, and in this context it's probably best to go with "Descends" (as in, like, "Yo, he's arrived!").
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:37 am

He really became young huh??? i didn't expect for him to have such a ''pretty boy'' look, for some reason i though he would be all jacked like Mira, glad all this build up wasn't for nothing.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:08 pm

Wasn't Mechikabura Towa/Dabura's grandfather or something? If so I can see where Fu gets it from.

Also didn't Demigra's backstory have him trying to become Supreme Kai of Time? Given he was banished to the Demon Realm and became a Demon God, didn't that make him a Makaio or Makaioshin? Either way it definitely seems like Mechikabura is one. I'm assuming Mechikabura is one of the Supreme Kai's that was born as a Makaioshin, rather than banished.

Either way I'm pretty excited to see what happens. Mechikabura looks cool in his youth.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:32 pm

Dragon Wukong wrote:Wasn't Mechikabura Towa/Dabura's grandfather or something? If so I can see where Fu gets it from.

Also didn't Demigra's backstory have him trying to become Supreme Kai of Time? Given he was banished to the Demon Realm and became a Demon God, didn't that make him a Makaio or Makaioshin? Either way it definitely seems like Mechikabura is one. I'm assuming Mechikabura is one of the Supreme Kai's that was born as a Makaioshin, rather than banished.

Either way I'm pretty excited to see what happens. Mechikabura looks cool in his youth.
There's absolutely no confirmed biological relation mentioned between Towa/Dabra and Mechickaboola so far. Hence my curiosity in the design similarities. Japanese fans had started calling him "grandfather/grandpa/gramps/old timer" back when he was first debuting in the manga, but (most) mean it in the same non-familial way Goku uses it for Muten Roshi.

Likewise, there's no information on what a Makaio/Makaioshin is. Demigra and all the other Demon Gods (Majin) fit the concepts of Makaio/shin, but the terms don't overlap that way. For comparison, both are fruit, but one an apple and the other's an orange. All we've ever been told is that delinquent Shinjin are sent to Makai to be with them. That doesn't mean said Makaio/shin were originally Shinjin though. They could potentially be something else entirely.

In short, there's not enough information at the time to make any of those assumptions. Maybe the info dump from this mission will have some answers. We'll have to wait for translations and see. Though the Makaio/shin concept was such a small tidbit from so long ago, that it might never be relevant again.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:18 pm

Huh. I thought we had more info on the Makaio/shins. Either way, I hope we get more detail on that with this mission or the next.

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:07 am

So...anyone gonna translate the story dialog?

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:03 am

Quite surprised young Mechi isnt playable but perhaps he will be saved for a later date.

I wonder if he's going to start making a masked army? There's plenty of saiyans still to choose from (Toma, Fasha, Goku Black if we really wanted that, Tarble etc) and many candidates for SSJ3 and other powerups to go with.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:28 am

Majin Demigra wrote:So...anyone gonna translate the story dialog?
Sorry, since I don't know how to read the Japanese Kanji, all I can ask you to be aware of is Chronoa, in her much more appropriate appearance and attire, does something to Mechikabura, following the (now young) bastard having attacked her and then Xeno Trunks.