"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:21 am

Rinsankajugin wrote:Alright, getting some definite U2 vibes from this character:
This character along with Hearts' name really makes me think Universe 2 might be involved in this story somehow.
I look at her, and she gives me a very 2B vibe from Nier... I can't explain why.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:39 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
I wonder what Hearts even is. Dude kinda reminds me of a demon, but also of Bojack for some reason... wonder if he's part of a faction trying to get at Fu
Well, the Anime makes Fuu's reasoning for this whole Prison Planet business center around bringing Hearts and Co back, so they should have something to do with him.
I'm sorry I don't remember that being said anywhere.... I thought he did this just to have fun and gather data? Do you have a screenshot or an episode number he says this in?
Episode 6 just before he leaves, Fuu comments that he's achieved his objective and that 'they' will revive soon (Adding on that they should make everything more fun). To be fair, that COULD be referencing other's, but I really doubt he's not talking about the group.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:48 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Rinsankajugin wrote:Alright, getting some definite U2 vibes from this character:
This character along with Hearts' name really makes me think Universe 2 might be involved in this story somehow.
I look at her, and she gives me a very 2B vibe from Nier... I can't explain why.
Maybe Hearts is from The Race of Hera as he does remind me a little of Bojack and this woman might be from one of the same races as one of the members of the Kamikaze Fireballs?

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:19 am

Anyone can translate this? please.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:01 am

We reached a point of Heroes being so interesting that now Next is skipping the battles just to show the dialogues in sequence. :clap: And it makes easier for me because I don't have to link every single word now. :lol:

Here we are: Can someone translate these dialogues?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:28 am

Now I really hope that Zamasu will return in the main series. He is such a great villain, personally he was killed way too early. He should return. He is a fantastic antagonist and this anime proves it.
Rinsankajugin wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:Zamasu's "ningenmeh" made me smile too, it was cute lewl. And I really like the new character's voice, dunno what his name is.
His name is Hearts. I honestly can't tell if he or Zamasu are the leader...
Probably Hearts, but it wouldn't surprise me if Zamasu is just using him for his own gains and will backstab him as soon as he has outlived his usefulness.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:10 pm

Don't know if these have been posted here

Translated by Cipher:
Website Character Bios
These characters are "the most evil warriors, who were sealed in the nucleus of the Prison Planet, the 'Core Area.' They raid Universe 6 and champion the overthrow of the Omni-King."

Hearts
VA: Takehito Koyasu
Has the ability to “read hearts,” which he uses to manage the warriors of the Core Area. Plans to use the “Universe Seed,” which has enough energy to birth a universe, to overthrow the Omni-King. His reasons for doing so remain unclear.

Kamin
VA: Minami Tsuda
An artificial lifeform from Universe 6. Oren’s twin sister. Has the abilities of regeneration, parasitism, mind-control, etc. Overwhelms warriors through her extraordinary combinations with Oren.

Oren
VA: Yuta Kasuya
An artificial lifeform from Universe 6. Kamin’s twin brother. Possesses the same abilities as Kamin. Enjoys battles simple-mindedly and is the owner of enough power to rival Hit.

Cumber
VA: Rikiya Koyama
A Saiyan who was sealed in the Core Area. Using his overwhelming power, he broke free of his seal and ran loose on the Prison Planet, tormenting Goku and the others. He was defeated by Goku, who had awakened Ultra Instinct, but his whereabouts afterward remain unknown.

???
A warrior of the Core Area. Details unknown.

Merged Zamasu
VA: Shinichiro Miki
A former Kaiōshin candidate from Universe 10. He was captured by Fu and interned within the Core Area. Aligned on the goal of overthrowing the Omni-King, he works together with Hearts. However, his true goal behind doing so remains unclear.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:15 pm

Kamin and Oren are indeed creations of UNIVERSE 6's (not Universe 2, thanks Heroes for getting things right) Tsufurujins. Hopefully they appear eventually, even if it's just a cameo. I would like to see how they look.

We now have information from the arcade and it's possible to understand more what's going on. Lots of interesting bits, I'm curious as to what is exactly an "Universe Seed".
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:23 pm

Massive summary and translation dump (wipes brow):

Episode 8 - "Zamasu Revived?! The Curtain Rises on the Universal Conflict Arc!" summary
SDBH official site "Story" page translation (contains several new details for the arc, and at least one bit on Fu's goals that seemingly contradicts the take the anime gave him last episode, but -shrug-):
SDBH official site "Core Area" character bio translations:
Additional "Core Area" character blurb from the character overview page:
And last but not least, a summary of the entire first campaign of the Universal Conflict arc in the arcade game, using footage from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI3Z2HsjYpI
Last edited by Cipher on Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:50 pm

"Wait until after the Omni-King is defeated"

I wonder what their plan is for that. Probably the Super Dragon Balls.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:54 pm

Majin Demigra wrote:"Wait until after the Omni-King is defeated"

I wonder what their plan is for that. Probably the Super Dragon Balls.
Hearts
Voice: Takehito Koyasu
Has the ability to read minds, which he uses to manage the warriors of the Core Area. Plans to use the “Universe Seed,” which has enough energy to birth a universe, to overthrow the Omni-King. His reasons for doing so remain unclear.

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:58 pm

Ok I love Heroes even more now

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:13 pm

Thanks for the translations Cipher!

I don't like Super that much so I can't say I find the focus on it's concepts for this arc to be as interesting but these Core Area Warriors look interesting and at least the twins are fun so I'll look forward for more.

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:24 pm

What I can't believe is that Zeno is already being challenged so soon

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:49 pm

That shit anime ruined what seems to be a great story. I really like what I'm reading. Can't wait for the manga's take on this.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:47 pm

Merged Zamasu
VA: Shinichiro Miki
A former Kaiōshin candidate from Universe 10. He was captured by Fu and interned within the Core Area. Aligned on the goal of overthrowing the Omni-King, he works together with Hearts. However, his true goal behind doing so remains unclear.
Yeah, It's clear that Zamasu has his own agenda. He wants to be the Supreme God of the cosmos. He will never share power as he is the most selfish character in all of Dragon Ball. I imagine that he is using Hearts just to get his revenge on Universe 7, and will ditch him once he is no longer useful to his plans.

Zamasu is a master manipulator. He was able to deceive Goku and Gowasu so easily. Though Hearts has the ability to read the hearts of people, I think that Zamasu is keepig his true intentions hidden carefully.

Knowing how untrustworthy and power-hungry Zamasu was in the main anime, I just can't see him being genuinely loyal to his new "friend".

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:05 pm

Honestly I was only motivated to pay attention to this again by Zamasu's return :lol: (and I nearly made a boneheaded mistake in the translation due to not remembering events of the previous Heroes episodes, despite just watching them a couple days ago to catch up). Heroes is a subsection of Dragon Ball I know very little about, so I'm trusting in Cipher to help out in clarifying the parts where my knowledge of this side of DB is lacking ^_^;;

I enjoyed the brief scene with Zamasu this episode, and hope we see more of his plotting and mysterious motives later on (also more sexy voice plz :3). Wonder Twins, don't know anything about them outside of these few minutes but they seem fine.

It's funny that Takehito Koyasu has been so prolific for decades, yet his first role related to Dragon Ball is in a promo anime like this :lol: You'd think they'd save him for something bigger if they waited this long!
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:06 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:Zamasu is a master manipulator. He was able to deceive Goku and Gowasu so easily.
I don't think that really counts as evidence for Zamasu being a master manipulator.

Kanassa wrote:

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:10 pm

I don't think Zamasu is a master manipulator... Goku is just naive and Gowasu didn't want to see Zamasu's true face because he had a deep trust in him.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:15 pm

BrolyKale wrote:I don't think Zamasu is a master manipulator... Goku is just naive and Gowasu didn't want to see Zamasu's true face because he had a deep trust in him.
Actually, does Zamasu even manipulate either? He was pretty open about his ideals with Gowasu

Kanassa wrote: