"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Neon Z » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:20 pm

Grimlock wrote:No Dragon Ball Super's characters were involved with Dragon Ball Heroes' storyline, Trunks and Mai are the first ones but it's not a case of how long it took, Heroes could easily use a Dragon Ball Super character in their story at any point, but they only wanted to do it now.
Goku and Vegeta too. The card for that new Goku doesn't call him "Goku Xeno", just "Son Goku". Anyway, the point is that they waited Super was over before using Super characters in their own stories.
Yamoshi has not been introduced in/is not a Dragon Ball Super-related character and you are assuming he will appear in the next movie, in which I already said that he might not even appear at all (which would explain why Heroes would be using him now).
Toriyama's only direct contribution for Heroes so far was making the designs for the base form of the Freeza race avatar characters. It's very unlikely he'd create someone like Yamoshi just for Heroes. Granted, it's possible, but when we have a movie that's supposed to reveal the origin of the Saiyan's power, and around the same time Toriyama suddenly talks about a new backstory that explains the God powers of the Saiyans, it sounds very likely both are connected.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:37 pm

Neon Z wrote:
Grimlock wrote:No Dragon Ball Super's characters were involved with Dragon Ball Heroes' storyline, Trunks and Mai are the first ones but it's not a case of how long it took, Heroes could easily use a Dragon Ball Super character in their story at any point, but they only wanted to do it now.
Goku and Vegeta too. The card for that new Goku doesn't call him "Goku Xeno", just "Son Goku". Anyway, the point is that they waited Super was over before using Super characters in their own stories.
Yamoshi has not been introduced in/is not a Dragon Ball Super-related character and you are assuming he will appear in the next movie, in which I already said that he might not even appear at all (which would explain why Heroes would be using him now).
Toriyama's only direct contribution for Heroes so far was making the designs for the base form of the Freeza race avatar characters. It's very unlikely he'd create someone like Yamoshi just for Heroes. Granted, it's possible, but when we have a movie that's supposed to reveal the origin of the Saiyan's power, and around the same time Toriyama suddenly talks about a new backstory that explains the God powers of the Saiyans, it sounds very likely both are connected.
Toriyama is more involved with heroes than that he designed every race the 5th anivarsy guide confirms this and we do know he contributes even more than that but we don’t know to what extent

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:48 pm

I stitched together the panning shot of that new character:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:54 pm

Neon Z wrote:It's very unlikely he'd create someone like Yamoshi just for Heroes. Granted, it's possible, but when we have a movie that's supposed to reveal the origin of the Saiyan's power, and around the same time Toriyama suddenly talks about a new backstory that explains the God powers of the Saiyans, it sounds very likely both are connected.
Heroes using Yamoshi this early does not Toriyama created him for this game. Also, like Dragon Ball FighterZ, which used a concept that only existed in interviews, Heroes would do the same if this is indeed Yamoshi.
TheSaiyanGod wrote:This Vegeta's image is the new SDBH commercial?
So I think we can get an idea of what Vegeta's look will look like with the new form in the game.

But we have only images or this commercial was released somewhere?
It's from the PV trailer (the one that is long, generally four or five minutes explaining the mechanics that will be introduced). It'll be available on March 1st (if Heroes doesn't surprise us again and release it sooner than the expected).
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:57 pm

Kanassa wrote:Tinfoil hat: Are we getting Time Patroller Cooler? Will he get a bitching coat?
Great, now I'm imagining good cop-bad cop time shenanigans with Trunks and Cooler.
As the saying goes: Never before have I wanted something this much and not known it.
Heroes pulling something like that would actually be incredible.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:02 pm

that would be interesting for sure.

I also wonder if they'll give us an explanation for the Saiyan Avatars not getting Super Saiyan hair when going Blue

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:08 pm

Alruneia wrote:
Kanassa wrote:Tinfoil hat: Are we getting Time Patroller Cooler? Will he get a bitching coat?
Great, now I'm imagining good cop-bad cop time shenanigans with Trunks and Cooler.
I can see it now, Trunks would try to be the bad cop, badly aping lines from Vegeta, while Cooler just sarcastically goes "I don't know if I can hold my partner back, he's an animal. A very dumb, dumb animal"
As the saying goes: Never before have I wanted something this much and not known it.
Heroes pulling something like that would actually be incredible.
This is what fanfiction is for :D
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:38 pm

Draconic wrote:With how Super centric the characters seems to be, I wouldn't be surprised if they give him the Golden form.
Platinum would be better.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

kizuki
Beyond Newbie

Post by kizuki » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:20 am

Hm, I kinda want to say that masked mystery person may be SSJ4 Gohan? Looking at Heroes designs for him and comparing it with this person, there are a lot of similarities aside from that "bang" hanging the wrong way. Trying not to think too much about it. His eyes may be whited out because of whatever he's in. There is the question of the lack of an "outline" around the eyes though, as in traditional SSJ4 and even with Gohan's design.

Would be cool if it were Yamoshi, like some other people have speculated, though.

Interested to see what we get.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:02 am

kizuki wrote:Hm, I kinda want to say that masked mystery person may be SSJ4 Gohan? Looking at Heroes designs for him and comparing it with this person, there are a lot of similarities aside from that "bang" hanging the wrong way. Trying not to think too much about it. His eyes may be whited out because of whatever he's in. There is the question of the lack of an "outline" around the eyes though, as in traditional SSJ4 and even with Gohan's design.

Would be cool if it were Yamoshi, like some other people have speculated, though.

I'd like to think it's not Gohan on grounds he already has most transformations and attention, unless they take it as Future Gohan. I'd prefer Goten get some love here

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:57 am

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:36 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
kizuki wrote:Hm, I kinda want to say that masked mystery person may be SSJ4 Gohan? Looking at Heroes designs for him and comparing it with this person, there are a lot of similarities aside from that "bang" hanging the wrong way. Trying not to think too much about it. His eyes may be whited out because of whatever he's in. There is the question of the lack of an "outline" around the eyes though, as in traditional SSJ4 and even with Gohan's design.

I'd like to think it's not Gohan on grounds he already has most transformations and attention, unless they take it as Future Gohan. I'd prefer Goten get some love here
Gohan is definitely the most probable choice if we are talking about already existing characters, how cool would it be if that new character was Goten???

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:39 pm

Dragotaker wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:

Gohan is definitely the most probable choice if we are talking about already existing characters, how cool would it be if that new character was Goten???
Gohan's already had super saiyan 4 so I'd rather the new guy be someone else whose not been given anything like Xeno Goten who doesnt even have forms he had in the show

DI297
Beyond Newbie

Post by DI297 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:08 pm

Anyone knows the name of that red kamehameha UI Goku use?

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:48 am

DI297 wrote:Anyone knows the name of that red kamehameha UI Goku use?
That's just the God Kamehameha CAA, it lets Goku transform from Omen to Mastered while kamehameha-ing.

EDIT: THE GAMEPLAY PV IS OUT!

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wilderness » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:08 am

That masked character is a Gohan variant. Maybe Mystic or Future. I’m quite sure of it - screenshot the image and increase the brightness, then you may agree. :)
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:22 am

Wilderness wrote:That masked character is a Gohan variant. Maybe Mystic or Future. I’m quite sure of it - screenshot the image and increase the brightness, then you may agree. :)
He has long hair, in most picture the brightness isn’t high enough to see it but he has long Raditz like hair with the gohan bang, it could be gohan or someone completely new

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:55 am

Wilderness wrote:That masked character is a Gohan variant. Maybe Mystic or Future. I’m quite sure of it - screenshot the image and increase the brightness, then you may agree. :)
tried that, and its not definite given gohan doesnt have a ssj3 style mullet, so its not a case of 'may agree'

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:09 am

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:19 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
tried that, and its not definite given gohan doesnt have a ssj3 style mullet, so its not a case of 'may agree'
Can you send me a pic of the brightened image
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"