"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1731
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Postby AnimeNation101 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:09 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
#17 wrote:By all the absolute ridiculous stuff Heroes brought us... Kanba takes the cake.

He is so stupid that he is awesome


He's brilliant, but he's like someone decided to make a self aware parody of broly with a bit of a personality upgrade

and that is something I am all about

I mean, sure he looks cool but he just seems to be the most generic evil saiyan edgelord character ever. He doesn’t really have a personality except that he’s evil and likes a challenge (just like basically every other saiyan).
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

mahakaishin1991
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1164
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Postby mahakaishin1991 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:29 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
#17 wrote:By all the absolute ridiculous stuff Heroes brought us... Kanba takes the cake.

He is so stupid that he is awesome


He's brilliant, but he's like someone decided to make a self aware parody of broly with a bit of a personality upgrade

and that is something I am all about

I mean, sure he looks cool but he just seems to be the most generic evil saiyan edgelord character ever. He doesn’t really have a personality except that he’s evil and likes a challenge (just like basically every other saiyan).


I disagree, you should check his dialogue in the manga and the games. He's not just Broly's screaming maniac thing whose in kill mode non stop. This guy, as i have posted before, has some shades of Akuma from Street Fighter, with a code of respect we dont typically associate with the brutal, no-mercy saiyans we've had in the series proper. It's not as well developed due to his lack of screentime, but its something.

I'd honestly like to see something like this in the series proper. He's more a dark monk on a path to endless power than some bloodthirsty soldier like the others.

ankokudaishogun
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 327
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:07 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Postby ankokudaishogun » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:17 pm

he also got quite angry at Vegeta for ditching his tail, if I did read right.

Hatchiyack's new form is for all purposes and intents "Super Hatchiyack"

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1731
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Postby AnimeNation101 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:21 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
He's brilliant, but he's like someone decided to make a self aware parody of broly with a bit of a personality upgrade

and that is something I am all about

I mean, sure he looks cool but he just seems to be the most generic evil saiyan edgelord character ever. He doesn’t really have a personality except that he’s evil and likes a challenge (just like basically every other saiyan).


I disagree, you should check his dialogue in the manga and the games. He's not just Broly's screaming maniac thing whose in kill mode non stop. This guy, as i have posted before, has some shades of Akuma from Street Fighter, with a code of respect we dont typically associate with the brutal, no-mercy saiyans we've had in the series proper. It's not as well developed due to his lack of screentime, but its something.

I'd honestly like to see something like this in the series proper. He's more a dark monk on a path to endless power than some bloodthirsty soldier like the others.

Na. Basically every saiyan has respect for someone who can challenge them. Cumber is no exception. He is literally your average looking saiyan with edge hair, an edge voice, and even an edge aura that just happens to be really strong and is just evil to be evil. Just because he respects people who can challenge him, doesn’t make him any less like your brutal, no-mercy saiyan. He had no mercy when fighting Goku, Vegeta, Trunks, etc and he was definitely brutal.

Imo, he’s definitely on the more generic side of the dragon ball characters spectrum and is definitely one of the most basic db villains.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

mahakaishin1991
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1164
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Postby mahakaishin1991 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:30 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:I mean, sure he looks cool but he just seems to be the most generic evil saiyan edgelord character ever. He doesn’t really have a personality except that he’s evil and likes a challenge (just like basically every other saiyan).


I disagree, you should check his dialogue in the manga and the games. He's not just Broly's screaming maniac thing whose in kill mode non stop. This guy, as i have posted before, has some shades of Akuma from Street Fighter, with a code of respect we dont typically associate with the brutal, no-mercy saiyans we've had in the series proper. It's not as well developed due to his lack of screentime, but its something.

I'd honestly like to see something like this in the series proper. He's more a dark monk on a path to endless power than some bloodthirsty soldier like the others.

Na. Basically every saiyan has respect for someone who can challenge them. Cumber is no exception. He is literally your average looking saiyan with edge hair, an edge voice, and even an edge aura that just happens to be really strong and is just evil to be evil. Just because he respects people who can challenge him, doesn’t make him any less like your brutal, no-mercy saiyan. He had no mercy when fighting Goku, Vegeta, Trunks, etc and he was definitely brutal.

Imo, he’s definitely on the more generic side of the dragon ball characters spectrum and is definitely one of the most basic db villains.


complaining about edge while having broly as a display pic spells cognitive dissonance.

And frankly, none of the saiyans so far have been respectful. Look at Nappa, Vegeta, Raditz. All the main series saiyans dont show that respect despite us getting it as an 'informed' trait. Kanba seems to be the only one who does so. Everyone else rants about commoners, badmouths their foes and questions how they lost, usually torturing people needlessly. Kanba at least openly shows he wants to fight people with respectable power levels rather than toying with his food. He's about the competition. Comparisons to Broly also dont stack up because Broly is just an unhinged lunatic, the edgiest of edges.

In fact, Kanba's more like Goku himself in that regard. Seeking out competition to test his power, not being sent as a soldier trying to conquer worlds or a big angry shout man with sanity issues. We don't have any real understandings of Kanba's motivations to say hes evil for evil's sake. I'd be interested to see how he got the moniker he has and more on his history, but unless they do something wild like throw Yamoshi into an arc later down the line where Kanba turns up, the only way we will know more soon is if Kanba somehow ties into the Broly movie.

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1731
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Postby AnimeNation101 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:53 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
I disagree, you should check his dialogue in the manga and the games. He's not just Broly's screaming maniac thing whose in kill mode non stop. This guy, as i have posted before, has some shades of Akuma from Street Fighter, with a code of respect we dont typically associate with the brutal, no-mercy saiyans we've had in the series proper. It's not as well developed due to his lack of screentime, but its something.

I'd honestly like to see something like this in the series proper. He's more a dark monk on a path to endless power than some bloodthirsty soldier like the others.

Na. Basically every saiyan has respect for someone who can challenge them. Cumber is no exception. He is literally your average looking saiyan with edge hair, an edge voice, and even an edge aura that just happens to be really strong and is just evil to be evil. Just because he respects people who can challenge him, doesn’t make him any less like your brutal, no-mercy saiyan. He had no mercy when fighting Goku, Vegeta, Trunks, etc and he was definitely brutal.

Imo, he’s definitely on the more generic side of the dragon ball characters spectrum and is definitely one of the most basic db villains.


complaining about edge while having broly as a display pic spells cognitive dissonance.

And frankly, none of the saiyans so far have been respectful. Look at Nappa, Vegeta, Raditz. All the main series saiyans dont show that respect despite us getting it as an 'informed' trait. Kanba seems to be the only one who does so. Everyone else rants about commoners, badmouths their foes and questions how they lost, usually torturing people needlessly. Kanba at least openly shows he wants to fight people with respectable power levels rather than toying with his food. He's about the competition. Comparisons to Broly also dont stack up because Broly is just an unhinged lunatic, the edgiest of edges.

In fact, Kanba's more like Goku himself in that regard. Seeking out competition to test his power, not being sent as a soldier trying to conquer worlds or a big angry shout man with sanity issues. We don't have any real understandings of Kanba's motivations to say hes evil for evil's sake. I'd be interested to see how he got the moniker he has and more on his history, but unless they do something wild like throw Yamoshi into an arc later down the line where Kanba turns up, the only way we will know more soon is if Kanba somehow ties into the Broly movie.

Wow, ok. Attacking me for my profile pic huh?

I’m sticking with what i said. From what we know, Cumber isn’t the greatest thing since sliced bread or anywhere near something fresh and groundbreaking for Dragon Ball. He’s just a pool of edge. Sure, you can make the arguemnet that he’s not like any other saiyan because he shows respect. But in terms of villains in general, showing respect to someone who can challenge you is neither something new or interesting. Take that away from Cumber and he’s just your average Evil Saiyan with no redeeming qualities. He’s definitely one of the most ONE DIMENSIONAL DB villains in the whole franchise. The only thing Cumber might have going for him is his backstory.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

S3 Hendrix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 312
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:39 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Postby S3 Hendrix » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:23 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:Na. Basically every saiyan has respect for someone who can challenge them. Cumber is no exception. He is literally your average looking saiyan with edge hair, an edge voice, and even an edge aura that just happens to be really strong and is just evil to be evil. Just because he respects people who can challenge him, doesn’t make him any less like your brutal, no-mercy saiyan. He had no mercy when fighting Goku, Vegeta, Trunks, etc and he was definitely brutal.

Imo, he’s definitely on the more generic side of the dragon ball characters spectrum and is definitely one of the most basic db villains.


complaining about edge while having broly as a display pic spells cognitive dissonance.

And frankly, none of the saiyans so far have been respectful. Look at Nappa, Vegeta, Raditz. All the main series saiyans dont show that respect despite us getting it as an 'informed' trait. Kanba seems to be the only one who does so. Everyone else rants about commoners, badmouths their foes and questions how they lost, usually torturing people needlessly. Kanba at least openly shows he wants to fight people with respectable power levels rather than toying with his food. He's about the competition. Comparisons to Broly also dont stack up because Broly is just an unhinged lunatic, the edgiest of edges.

In fact, Kanba's more like Goku himself in that regard. Seeking out competition to test his power, not being sent as a soldier trying to conquer worlds or a big angry shout man with sanity issues. We don't have any real understandings of Kanba's motivations to say hes evil for evil's sake. I'd be interested to see how he got the moniker he has and more on his history, but unless they do something wild like throw Yamoshi into an arc later down the line where Kanba turns up, the only way we will know more soon is if Kanba somehow ties into the Broly movie.

Wow, ok. Attacking me for my profile pic huh?

I’m sticking with what i said. From what we know, Cumber isn’t the greatest thing since sliced bread or anywhere near something fresh and groundbreaking for Dragon Ball. He’s just a pool of edge. Sure, you can make the arguemnet that he’s not like any other saiyan because he shows respect. But in terms of villains in general, showing respect to someone who can challenge you is neither something new or interesting. Take that away from Cumber and he’s just your average Evil Saiyan with no redeeming qualities. He’s definitely one of the most ONE DIMENSIONAL DB villains in the whole franchise. The only thing Cumber might have going for him is his backstory.


This really isn’t the thread for ya’ll to be having this debate, take it somewhere else y’all are just filling up more pages that have nothing to do with DBH other than debating about how lame or cool one of it’s characters is.

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1731
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Postby AnimeNation101 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:36 am

S3 Hendrix wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
complaining about edge while having broly as a display pic spells cognitive dissonance.

And frankly, none of the saiyans so far have been respectful. Look at Nappa, Vegeta, Raditz. All the main series saiyans dont show that respect despite us getting it as an 'informed' trait. Kanba seems to be the only one who does so. Everyone else rants about commoners, badmouths their foes and questions how they lost, usually torturing people needlessly. Kanba at least openly shows he wants to fight people with respectable power levels rather than toying with his food. He's about the competition. Comparisons to Broly also dont stack up because Broly is just an unhinged lunatic, the edgiest of edges.

In fact, Kanba's more like Goku himself in that regard. Seeking out competition to test his power, not being sent as a soldier trying to conquer worlds or a big angry shout man with sanity issues. We don't have any real understandings of Kanba's motivations to say hes evil for evil's sake. I'd be interested to see how he got the moniker he has and more on his history, but unless they do something wild like throw Yamoshi into an arc later down the line where Kanba turns up, the only way we will know more soon is if Kanba somehow ties into the Broly movie.

Wow, ok. Attacking me for my profile pic huh?

I’m sticking with what i said. From what we know, Cumber isn’t the greatest thing since sliced bread or anywhere near something fresh and groundbreaking for Dragon Ball. He’s just a pool of edge. Sure, you can make the arguemnet that he’s not like any other saiyan because he shows respect. But in terms of villains in general, showing respect to someone who can challenge you is neither something new or interesting. Take that away from Cumber and he’s just your average Evil Saiyan with no redeeming qualities. He’s definitely one of the most ONE DIMENSIONAL DB villains in the whole franchise. The only thing Cumber might have going for him is his backstory.


This really isn’t the thread for ya’ll to be having this debate, take it somewhere else y’all are just filling up more pages that have nothing to do with DBH other than debating about how lame or cool one of it’s characters is.

What? This thread is about everything SDBHeroes related. Why would be not allowed to discuss an original character FROM SDBHeroes on this thread?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

mahakaishin1991
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1164
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Postby mahakaishin1991 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:19 am

S3 Hendrix wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
complaining about edge while having broly as a display pic spells cognitive dissonance.

And frankly, none of the saiyans so far have been respectful. Look at Nappa, Vegeta, Raditz. All the main series saiyans dont show that respect despite us getting it as an 'informed' trait. Kanba seems to be the only one who does so. Everyone else rants about commoners, badmouths their foes and questions how they lost, usually torturing people needlessly. Kanba at least openly shows he wants to fight people with respectable power levels rather than toying with his food. He's about the competition. Comparisons to Broly also dont stack up because Broly is just an unhinged lunatic, the edgiest of edges.

In fact, Kanba's more like Goku himself in that regard. Seeking out competition to test his power, not being sent as a soldier trying to conquer worlds or a big angry shout man with sanity issues. We don't have any real understandings of Kanba's motivations to say hes evil for evil's sake. I'd be interested to see how he got the moniker he has and more on his history, but unless they do something wild like throw Yamoshi into an arc later down the line where Kanba turns up, the only way we will know more soon is if Kanba somehow ties into the Broly movie.

Wow, ok. Attacking me for my profile pic huh?

I’m sticking with what i said. From what we know, Cumber isn’t the greatest thing since sliced bread or anywhere near something fresh and groundbreaking for Dragon Ball. He’s just a pool of edge. Sure, you can make the arguemnet that he’s not like any other saiyan because he shows respect. But in terms of villains in general, showing respect to someone who can challenge you is neither something new or interesting. Take that away from Cumber and he’s just your average Evil Saiyan with no redeeming qualities. He’s definitely one of the most ONE DIMENSIONAL DB villains in the whole franchise. The only thing Cumber might have going for him is his backstory.


This really isn’t the thread for ya’ll to be having this debate, take it somewhere else y’all are just filling up more pages that have nothing to do with DBH other than debating about how lame or cool one of it’s characters is.


Agreed.

S3 Hendrix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 312
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:39 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Postby S3 Hendrix » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:12 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
S3 Hendrix wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:Wow, ok. Attacking me for my profile pic huh?

I’m sticking with what i said. From what we know, Cumber isn’t the greatest thing since sliced bread or anywhere near something fresh and groundbreaking for Dragon Ball. He’s just a pool of edge. Sure, you can make the arguemnet that he’s not like any other saiyan because he shows respect. But in terms of villains in general, showing respect to someone who can challenge you is neither something new or interesting. Take that away from Cumber and he’s just your average Evil Saiyan with no redeeming qualities. He’s definitely one of the most ONE DIMENSIONAL DB villains in the whole franchise. The only thing Cumber might have going for him is his backstory.


This really isn’t the thread for ya’ll to be having this debate, take it somewhere else y’all are just filling up more pages that have nothing to do with DBH other than debating about how lame or cool one of it’s characters is.

What? This thread is about everything SDBHeroes related. Why would be not allowed to discuss an original character FROM SDBHeroes on this thread?


This is the (super) dragon ball heroes discussion thread, you aren’t discussing the character y’all are arguing over who’s a better character/ how lame another is/ why you prefer one character over the other. Outside of one of the characters being from the game y’alls argument has nothing to do with dragon ball heroes content and is just building up more useless pages. This is a place to discuss the games, mangas, and anime, that share the dragon ball heroes name. Not a place to discuss which character is better than another or which you like more, there’s countless other threads for specifically that on this site. So again this isn’t the place for y’all to be having this discussion/argument.

mahakaishin1991
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1164
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Postby mahakaishin1991 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:36 am

S3 Hendrix wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
S3 Hendrix wrote:
This really isn’t the thread for ya’ll to be having this debate, take it somewhere else y’all are just filling up more pages that have nothing to do with DBH other than debating about how lame or cool one of it’s characters is.

What? This thread is about everything SDBHeroes related. Why would be not allowed to discuss an original character FROM SDBHeroes on this thread?


This is the (super) dragon ball heroes discussion thread, you aren’t discussing the character y’all are arguing over who’s a better character/ how lame another is/ why you prefer one character over the other. Outside of one of the characters being from the game y’alls argument has nothing to do with dragon ball heroes content and is just building up more useless pages. This is a place to discuss the games, mangas, and anime, that share the dragon ball heroes name. Not a place to discuss which character is better than another or which you like more, there’s countless other threads for specifically that on this site. So again this isn’t the place for y’all to be having this discussion/argument.


Not even attempting this to be a discussion, so I'm just gonna sit here and ignore any attempts to drag this on further.

By the way, I have a question or several regarding Ozotto in this game

1. Who is his voice actor?
2. His dialogue sounds rather, well, pleasant on the ears compared to what i expected, like he's well mannered. I almost expected an insane kid buu voice but this works well. Does he talk rather politely?
3. What do you guys think the odds of his transformed state from the art book getting in are?
4. Any footage of his special attack up yet?

S3 Hendrix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 312
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:39 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Postby S3 Hendrix » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:56 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
S3 Hendrix wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:What? This thread is about everything SDBHeroes related. Why would be not allowed to discuss an original character FROM SDBHeroes on this thread?


This is the (super) dragon ball heroes discussion thread, you aren’t discussing the character y’all are arguing over who’s a better character/ how lame another is/ why you prefer one character over the other. Outside of one of the characters being from the game y’alls argument has nothing to do with dragon ball heroes content and is just building up more useless pages. This is a place to discuss the games, mangas, and anime, that share the dragon ball heroes name. Not a place to discuss which character is better than another or which you like more, there’s countless other threads for specifically that on this site. So again this isn’t the place for y’all to be having this discussion/argument.


Not even attempting this to be a discussion, so I'm just gonna sit here and ignore any attempts to drag this on further.

By the way, I have a question or several regarding Ozotto in this game

1. Who is his voice actor?
2. His dialogue sounds rather, well, pleasant on the ears compared to what i expected, like he's well mannered. I almost expected an insane kid buu voice but this works well. Does he talk rather politely?
3. What do you guys think the odds of his transformed state from the art book getting in are?
4. Any footage of his special attack up yet?


I’m not sure who his voice actor is, but he talks rather weird like he’s suspicious and being overly friendly(atleast to trunks and co, he does steal goku xeno’s dragon ball), also I believe his form will be in game as a giant form. Fu even said Ozotto ate a planet once. Also yes here’s his special skip to 4:40 https://youtu.be/88IsBIJJVf0

mahakaishin1991
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1164
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Postby mahakaishin1991 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:40 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
S3 Hendrix wrote:
I’m not sure who his voice actor is, but he talks rather weird like he’s suspicious and being overly friendly(atleast to trunks and co, he does steal goku xeno’s dragon ball), also I believe his form will be in game as a giant form. Fu even said Ozotto ate a planet once. Also yes here’s his special skip to 4:40 https://youtu.be/88IsBIJJVf0


There's something very Gin Ichimaru in the way he talks to me, I get some very odd vibes off him and it's rather nice. Normally its obvious when someone is a sneaky villain in this series but he sounds so affable. I like how he's characterised here.

The planet eating thing is also interesting. I thought since he shares a lot of his design with Cells concept art and Buu's colour scheme, Majin theme and odd abilities, I always figured he was a sort of middle ground between Cell and Buu, this just seems to make the comparison a bit more concrete to me. He just eats planets, not the inhabitants seperately.

That and his fat form looks like Cells 'going kaboom' state

RichardKing2
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:06 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Postby RichardKing2 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:49 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
I disagree, you should check his dialogue in the manga and the games. He's not just Broly's screaming maniac thing whose in kill mode non stop. This guy, as i have posted before, has some shades of Akuma from Street Fighter, with a code of respect we dont typically associate with the brutal, no-mercy saiyans we've had in the series proper. It's not as well developed due to his lack of screentime, but its something.

I'd honestly like to see something like this in the series proper. He's more a dark monk on a path to endless power than some bloodthirsty soldier like the others.

Na. Basically every saiyan has respect for someone who can challenge them. Cumber is no exception. He is literally your average looking saiyan with edge hair, an edge voice, and even an edge aura that just happens to be really strong and is just evil to be evil. Just because he respects people who can challenge him, doesn’t make him any less like your brutal, no-mercy saiyan. He had no mercy when fighting Goku, Vegeta, Trunks, etc and he was definitely brutal.

Imo, he’s definitely on the more generic side of the dragon ball characters spectrum and is definitely one of the most basic db villains.


complaining about edge while having broly as a display pic spells cognitive dissonance.

And frankly, none of the saiyans so far have been respectful. Look at Nappa, Vegeta, Raditz. All the main series saiyans dont show that respect despite us getting it as an 'informed' trait. Kanba seems to be the only one who does so. Everyone else rants about commoners, badmouths their foes and questions how they lost, usually torturing people needlessly. Kanba at least openly shows he wants to fight people with respectable power levels rather than toying with his food. He's about the competition. Comparisons to Broly also dont stack up because Broly is just an unhinged lunatic, the edgiest of edges.

In fact, Kanba's more like Goku himself in that regard. Seeking out competition to test his power, not being sent as a soldier trying to conquer worlds or a big angry shout man with sanity issues. We don't have any real understandings of Kanba's motivations to say hes evil for evil's sake. I'd be interested to see how he got the moniker he has and more on his history, but unless they do something wild like throw Yamoshi into an arc later down the line where Kanba turns up, the only way we will know more soon is if Kanba somehow ties into the Broly movie.


Having Broly as his pic really has nothing to do with...anything. C'mon dude you should know better than this. Hell, not only does he have the new Broly as his pic, but we have 0 idea so far about how Broly will be handled in the movie. So therefore, we can't make many unflawed comparisons. We don't know if he will be an "Unhinged lunatic" or if he has even a shred of personality. But regardless, it's stupid to bring up his profile pic. Like those youtube arguments where not having a profile pic means you have no opinion, or not having a sig means your viewpoint means jack squat.

Now, looking deeply at his argument, I can see where he is coming from. In that he is mostly talking about the anime. In that the anime version of Cumber...doesn't really seem that special personality wise, so far . Sure he respects Vegito's power...but who really gives a shit lmao? his aura still corrupted goku, he still choked trunks, he said he'd still bury vegito and he is still an enemy of the cast.

Don't really see much thats drastically different in the manga. other than we see more screen time and that he expresses more hatred for SSG. But other than that, both versions don't seem that much special to me in terms of character/personality

Now the game? Well that's gonna be a bit of a problem aint it? because the majority of us don't play the game, and we have to rely on shoddy youtube footage and the occasional user translations. And going back to previous pages(full of other silly debates and discussions) doesn't seem worthwhile to find out if cumber has a bit more personality.

So yeah, he might have more personality than M10(and the versions of broly in games whose sole purpose is to kill kakorot) Broly...but that shit aint much of a feat anyway.

mahakaishin1991
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1164
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Postby mahakaishin1991 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:56 pm

RichardKing2 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:Na. Basically every saiyan has respect for someone who can challenge them. Cumber is no exception. He is literally your average looking saiyan with edge hair, an edge voice, and even an edge aura that just happens to be really strong and is just evil to be evil. Just because he respects people who can challenge him, doesn’t make him any less like your brutal, no-mercy saiyan. He had no mercy when fighting Goku, Vegeta, Trunks, etc and he was definitely brutal.

Imo, he’s definitely on the more generic side of the dragon ball characters spectrum and is definitely one of the most basic db villains.


complaining about edge while having broly as a display pic spells cognitive dissonance.

And frankly, none of the saiyans so far have been respectful. Look at Nappa, Vegeta, Raditz. All the main series saiyans dont show that respect despite us getting it as an 'informed' trait. Kanba seems to be the only one who does so. Everyone else rants about commoners, badmouths their foes and questions how they lost, usually torturing people needlessly. Kanba at least openly shows he wants to fight people with respectable power levels rather than toying with his food. He's about the competition. Comparisons to Broly also dont stack up because Broly is just an unhinged lunatic, the edgiest of edges.

In fact, Kanba's more like Goku himself in that regard. Seeking out competition to test his power, not being sent as a soldier trying to conquer worlds or a big angry shout man with sanity issues. We don't have any real understandings of Kanba's motivations to say hes evil for evil's sake. I'd be interested to see how he got the moniker he has and more on his history, but unless they do something wild like throw Yamoshi into an arc later down the line where Kanba turns up, the only way we will know more soon is if Kanba somehow ties into the Broly movie.


Having Broly as his pic really has nothing to do with...anything. C'mon dude you should know better than this. Hell, not only does he have the new Broly as his pic, but we have 0 idea so far about how Broly will be handled in the movie. So therefore, we can't make many unflawed comparisons. We don't know if he will be an "Unhinged lunatic" or if he has even a shred of personality. But regardless, it's stupid to bring up his profile pic. Like those youtube arguments where not having a profile pic means you have no opinion, or not having a sig means your viewpoint means jack squat.

Now, looking deeply at his argument, I can see where he is coming from. In that he is mostly talking about the anime. In that the anime version of Cumber...doesn't really seem that special personality wise, so far . Sure he respects Vegito's power...but who really gives a shit lmao? his aura still corrupted goku, he still choked trunks, he said he'd still bury vegito and he is still an enemy of the cast.

Don't really see much thats drastically different in the manga. other than we see more screen time and that he expresses more hatred for SSG. But other than that, both versions don't seem that much special to me in terms of character/personality

Now the game? Well that's gonna be a bit of a problem aint it? because the majority of us don't play the game, and we have to rely on shoddy youtube footage and the occasional user translations. And going back to previous pages(full of other silly debates and discussions) doesn't seem worthwhile to find out if cumber has a bit more personality.

So yeah, he might have more personality than M10(and the versions of broly in games whose sole purpose is to kill kakorit) Broly...but that shit aint much of a feat anyway.


It was already agreed to drop the debate, he doesn't agree with me, I dont agree with him, and that's fine it got derailed from the nature of the topic and that's why we stopped talking. Stirring the pot isn't sensible after I've already steered the conversation back to game content. I'd rather keep it on topic, and you shouldn't be trying to meddle, or rather you shouldn't be trying to and know better than to do so.

The point is senseless back and forth does nothing, so an extra person dragging it out can only have negative consequences to the topic and for the posters if it continues
Last edited by mahakaishin1991 on Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RichardKing2
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:06 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Postby RichardKing2 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:08 pm

And that's cool. But I'm talking now. And I'm challenging your statement about cumber not having a generic personality so far. Or rather, I'm questioning your statement even more. So please, feel free to explain how he doesn't have a generic personality. What character depth has he shown that makes him not generic? Feel free to educate us with info from the games dialogue. And to be specific, it wasn't universally agreed on. Only one member(not a mod, though I'm sure the mod will come here anyway) mentioned that it wasn't the thread to discuss this, and the other questioned that response. Only you agreed(and I speculate it's because you were too afraid to provide details to your statements)

So you make a comparison to broly, use someones avi as if it has any relevance, and now you think you can just say "nope, discussion done" when someone else calls you out on a post you made on a forum that is viewable to the public? No. If anything, you should apologize to him and concede that using his avatar in this debate was stupid. Hell he didn't even insult you.

mahakaishin1991
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1164
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Postby mahakaishin1991 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:13 pm

RichardKing2 wrote:And that's cool. But I'm talking now. And I'm challenging your statement about cumber not having a generic personality so far. Or rather, I'm questioning your statement even more. So please, feel free to explain how he doesn't have a generic personality. What character depth has he shown that makes him not generic? Feel free to educate us with info from the games dialogue. And to be specific, it wasn't universally agreed on. Only one member(not a mod, though I'm sure the mod will come here anyway) mentioned that it wasn't the thread to discuss this, and the other questioned that respect. Only you agreed(and I speculate it's because you were too afraid to provide details to your statements)

So you make a comparison to broly, use someones avi as if it has any relevance, and now you think you can just say "nope, discussion done" when someone else calls you out on a post you made on a forum that is viewable to the public? No.


And you didnt seem to understand the point of why it was dropped. This is not on topic with the game content. This has been raised before. By all means, PM me, but I'm not going to sit here waiting for mods to tell us to take it elsewhere when we can PM. Just a recommendation for you.

I never said cumber was generic, just that he's a bit different from the usual saiyans we've had in a number of respects, though he's still not by much due to lack of screentime.

Look at you acting like a big authority as a fellow member, coming in here trying to tell everyone whats what >_>

As for the bolded part, well, that speaks a lot about what you want, to start a fight with goading comments, which nobody here has time for.

RichardKing2
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:06 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Postby RichardKing2 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:19 pm

Cumber is apart of the video game. Characters in video games tend to have personalities. I do not think that Cumber has shown much depth or personality or good motivation . I think it is perfectly acceptable to bring up these aspects in a discussion thread about a video game that has relevant characters. Or to criticize the personalities of characters in a video game. I think it's acceptable to criticize any character in a video game, whether it's with designs, transformations, power, or personality.

What isn't cool was you using someone's avi as an insult and you still trying to ignore it like a snake and using board/forum rules to avoid personal responsibility.

mahakaishin1991
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1164
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Postby mahakaishin1991 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:34 pm

RichardKing2 wrote:Cumber is apart of the video game. Characters in video games tend to have personalities. I do not think that Cumber has shown much depth or personality or good motivation . I think it is perfectly acceptable to bring up these aspects in a discussion thread about a video game that has relevant characters. Or to criticize the personalities of characters in a video game. I think it's acceptable to criticize any character in a video game, whether it's with designs, transformations, power, or personality.

What isn't cool was you using someone's avi as an insult and you still trying to ignore it like a snake and using board/forum rules to avoid personal responsibility.


Where was I insulting? All I said was it is silly to complain about edgy Kanba (who really isnt edgy) when, well, Broly?

Pointing out conflicting ideas isnt insulting.

And yes, it's fine, but youre attitude is inappropriate when what started as a back and forth turned into this, because you tried to stick an oar in.

There were no personal attacks, but you have attempted to escalate this, so I am dropping it, and suggest you do the same.

And discussions like this also have happened before where there were mixed views on characters and forms, but they also got deemed off topic. I dont see this going anywhere and you calling people snakes IS insulting.

RichardKing2
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:06 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Postby RichardKing2 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:55 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
RichardKing2 wrote:Cumber is apart of the video game. Characters in video games tend to have personalities. I do not think that Cumber has shown much depth or personality or good motivation . I think it is perfectly acceptable to bring up these aspects in a discussion thread about a video game that has relevant characters. Or to criticize the personalities of characters in a video game. I think it's acceptable to criticize any character in a video game, whether it's with designs, transformations, power, or personality.

What isn't cool was you using someone's avi as an insult and you still trying to ignore it like a snake and using board/forum rules to avoid personal responsibility.


Where was I insulting? All I said was it is silly to complain about edgy Kanba (who really isnt edgy) when, well, Broly?

Pointing out conflicting ideas isnt insulting.

And yes, it's fine, but youre attitude is inappropriate when what started as a back and forth turned into this, because you tried to stick an oar in.

There were no personal attacks, but you have attempted to escalate this, so I am dropping it, and suggest you do the same.

And discussions like this also have happened before where there were mixed views on characters and forms, but they also got deemed off topic. I dont see this going anywhere and you calling people snakes IS insulting.

Bringing up his broly avi has 0 relevance. Not only did he feel attacked, but i feel insulted by the sillyness of you bringing it up. He didn't even express his feelings of broly. He mentioned that Cumber was generic and edgy. Bringing up broly does not contradict his feelings on Cumber. By you pointing out an avi it shows you had no details to your argument and little way to refute his points. So you went for a cheap shot. Classy.

And quite frankly, it's dumb because he has the new version of broly anyway, whose personality and traits aren't really known. Maybe he prefers the new look of broly? But what does it matter when you make silly assumptions?

You dropping it doesn't prevent me from responding. If you are truly done with it all, then i am sure you will stop responding


Return to “Video Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest