"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Nejishiki » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:13 pm

It's an alternate version of Goku native to an unknown timeline. The main purpose of Xeno tagged characters, to my understanding, is that they can possess any background. It's simply stating Time Kaioshin pulled a Goku from somewhere and that Goku is the strongest person Future Trunks knows.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:13 am

Nejishiki wrote:It's an alternate version of Goku native to an unknown timeline. The main purpose of Xeno tagged characters, to my understanding, is that they can possess any background. It's simply stating Time Kaioshin pulled a Goku from somewhere and that Goku is the strongest person Future Trunks knows.
But why would he be brought for a limited time if he is a real Goku?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:47 am

We'll get to see the first cardlist for Super Dragon Ball Heroes in three days. For some reason, I'm not excited though. I'm pretty sure I'll be disappointed once again for the lack of Super Saiyan 2 and some other stuff. Still, I think this is the first time we don't have any clue who might come to be the SECs, and for that, I'm anxious to know. We still can get a new character as Super Saiyan 4 for all the chances too.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:38 pm

Grimlock wrote:We'll get to see the first cardlist for Super Dragon Ball Heroes in three days. For some reason, I'm not excited though. I'm pretty sure I'll be disappointed once again for the lack of Super Saiyan 2 and some other stuff. Still, I think this is the first time we don't have any clue who might come to be the SECs, and for that, I'm anxious to know. We still can get a new character as Super Saiyan 4 for all the chances too.

Really??? C'mon now i mind that would be the best possible outcome for me at least but honestly, no way that's happening, if we talk about the SEC's i'm pretty sure one of them must be the new Zamasu Fusion and the other one probably Xeno Vegetrunks, at this point if they really have a new SS4 stored up i expect it to be showed in the debut missions of SDBH, like when Demigra's new form appeared for the first time after beating a level in the game , otherwise it would be a matter of waiting for any of the upcoming missions i guess, with that being said i would love to be wrong and we end up getting a nice christmas present from Heroes.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:08 pm

The SECs could maybe be SS Vegeks: Xeno or the change Zamasu's fusion undergoes in Episode 66, but the normal Zamasu fusion and Vegeks already have regular cards in the set.

Not to mention that there are plenty of other options for known characters too. For example, we have yet to see cards for Mechickaboola, whatever Future Trunks has recently been transforming into in Super, and even Vegetto has that new trick up his sleeve now.

---------

EDIT: Some new SDBH cards popping up, including SSGSS Vegetto resulting from the fusion mechanic and the new CPs we haven't seen yet.

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

SSJ6Goku
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ6Goku » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:22 pm

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:23 pm

You mean old.

~ Day of the Machines ~

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:24 pm

SSJ6Goku wrote:new video on SDBH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8J5h6e0w_o
That intro was actually posted weeks ago.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:29 am

The website finally updated with the card list for this mission. Excluding the potential SECs, there's nothing new that we didn't already know about.

Hard to see, but it looks like one of the SECs is SS Raditz...

Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:41 am

As much as Raditz needs some love, Super Saiyan is not the way. Characters like him, Turles, Bardock's crew, Nappa... They can get something else. As I said once, just King Vegeta and maybe Tarble would be nice to see as Super Saiyan. But oh well. :roll:

Since the mistake has apparently been done, I hope we get to see a mission with a special cutscene showing everyone of Bardock's family as Super Saiyan. That'd be awesome as everyone now can go Super Saiyan (or should we wait for Pan?).

~ Day of the Machines ~

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:20 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:The website finally updated with the card list for this mission. Excluding the potential SECs, there's nothing new that we didn't already know about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7oMBq1vkCM

Grimlock wrote:As much as Raditz needs some love, Super Saiyan is not the way. Characters like him, Turles, Bardock's crew, Nappa... They can get something else. As I said once, just King Vegeta and maybe Tarble would be nice to see as Super Saiyan. But oh well. :roll:

Since the mistake has apparently been done, I hope we get to see a mission with a special cutscene showing everyone of Bardock's family as Super Saiyan. That'd be awesome as everyone now can go Super Saiyan (or should we wait for Pan?).
I disagree entirely. I have been waiting for this moment for a looooong time. Now, would I mind seeing SS Nappa, SS Turles (SS2 as well), SS KIng Vegeta, or SS Pan? No. Bring them on.
I suspect Tarble and Paragus will get it eventually, as they are in the top 20 characters used in DBH.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:16 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:The website finally updated with the card list for this mission. Excluding the potential SECs, there's nothing new that we didn't already know about.

Holy Shit!!! Now this i didn't see it coming, at most i supossed he would get the Great Ape form but the fact that he got Super Saiyan makes me hopeful for people like Turles and Pan to also get the form and maybe beyond that in the future, it now makes you wonder if he ever gets SS3 how would he look??? like he already looks like a SS3 with that long hair he has, also congrats to ShadowBardock89 i have seen you here and i know your a big Raditz mark, i know it's always nice when our boys get some love :D :D

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:57 pm

Finally! How long we had to wait for it? Now give me SSJ Nappa and I'll be truly happy. :)

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:49 pm

Grimlock wrote:Since the mistake has apparently been done, I hope we get to see a mission with a special cutscene showing everyone of Bardock's family as Super Saiyan. That'd be awesome as everyone now can go Super Saiyan (or should we wait for Pan?).
YES WAIT FOR PAN FIRST Pan should get it first. Then the rest of Bardock's family. Though we would need Gine in the game in the first place for that...
But to be honest, the only new Super Saiyans I really want are Pan and Tarble (because I think his hair would look cool :P). Super Saiyans are already rampant in Dragon Ball, so there's no particular need for dozens more.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:38 pm

Yes, Yes, YES! I've been waiting this since a long time. Raditz needs some love, at least in Dragon Ball Heroes.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:31 pm

Not sure how I feel about SSj Raditz. I feel like not every Saiyan needs to go SSj. I think SSj Nappa and Tullece won't be that far off now since SSj Nappa would be easy to do and SSj Tullece would have SSj's Goku hair with two little hair points behind him.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Goresh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Goresh » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:23 pm

Here we go folks, the SDBH 1弾 card list is now publicly available (barring SEC cards until the 17th) and there are some cards that people are completely up in arms over which I will cover later on. I just wanted to mention before I do any analysis that no one has had a chance to play-test the new Special ability typing that is being introduced to the game so it is pretty much impossible to give an accurate assessment for how good these cards will be right now.

Let's start with Super Rares.

SH1-19 Radditz

EL Type
HP: 3400
Power: 2400
Guard: 1500

Overall unimpressive stats

Comes with standard Burst Card Action Ability that has an additional effect of reducing opponent's damage reduction by 50% upon activation of Super Burst.

Less than impressive passive that forces Radditz into attacking the enemy with the lowest Guard stat every round.

Super Attack: Saturday Crash, costs 4 Energy.

Not much to say here, 1/10.

SH1-37 Gowasu

BS Type
HP: 3800
Power: 2500
Guard: 1000

Mediocre stats

Lock-on Card Action Ability that reduces enemy's Super Attack damage by 50%. Not terrible but not great.

His passive ability reduces incoming damage by 50% when HP is 50% or below, which can be quite useful at times.

Super Attack: Hand of Revelation, costs 5 Energy.

Ultimate Unit Effect of restoring HP by 5,000 and Ki by 50% when on a team with Beerus and Whis. Pretty bad Ultimate Unit Effect but pretty easy to pull off as Beerus and Whis cards can be quite good on their own, costs 4 Energy.

Again, nothing special but the Passive is not garbage, 2/10.

SH1-38 Goku Black

BS Type
HP: 2300
Power: 4100

Decent Power stat for a Super Rare

Double attack card action ability with an additional effect of reducing damage taken of Super Attacks to almost nothing upon activation of Super Double Effect. Mediocre

Passive of whenever you win a Charge Impact, your opponent's Power gets reduced by 2,000, but when you win with a Perfect Charge Impact it gets reduced by 4,000 instead. This is interesting because it is basically just the opposite of God Mission 8's Ultimate Rare Goku Black card, with that card just being way way stronger than this one.

Super Attack: Black Kamehameha, costs 4 Energy.

2/10.

SH1-39 Zamasu

EL Type
HP: 3000
Power: 3500

Terrible Lock-on Card Action Ability that is limited to only a one-time use of reducing opponent's Guard by 1000.

Passive ability that increases an ally's Power by 10,000 for one turn only if their Power is below 100 during a power level battle. Almost never will be relevant.

Super Attack: God Slicer, costs 6 Energy.

1/10.

SH1-47 Goku: Xeno

HR Type
HP: 2700
Power: 3500
Guard: 3000

Very high Guard stat for a Super Rare.

Freeze Card Action Ability which is one of if not the best one in the game. Additionally provides 50% damage reduction from attacking enemy's Super Attack for the rest of the fight. Very useful.

Passive skill that increases Power by 2,000 at the end of every round if your team's HP is higher than your opponent's. Pretty good especially with effects that multiply Power of allies.

Super Attack: Kamehameha, costs 6 Energy.

Ultimate Unit Effect of slightly slowing down Charge Impact speed of allies as well as increasing the chance of getting a Miracle Perfect Charge Impact result when Vegeta: Xeno and Trunks: Xeno are on the same team. Medicore effect. Fairly weak for Ultimate Unit, costs 3 Energy.

Very good card for a Super Rare, 4/10.

SH1-48 Vegeta: Xeno

EL Type
HP: 2800
Power: 3900

Double Attack Card Action Ability that has an additional effect of increasing partner's Power by 3,000 upon activation of Super Double Effect.

Very good passive effect of increasing Battle Power by 3 times when he is the only one in the attacking area for the round. This effect has no turn limitations. (Can use it as many times as you want in one battle).

Super Attack: Final Impact, costs 6 Energy.

His passive is interesting and it is possible to build a team around, 3/10.

SH1-51 Frieza: Xeno

HR Type
HP: 3100
Power: 2900
Guard: 2000

Standard Sparking Mode Card Action Ability with an additional effect of reducing opponent's Energy by 3 upon activation of Super Sparking.

Passive ability that reduces all enemy's Power and Guard by 1000, as well as reducing enemy Ki at the beginning of round 1. Pretty damn good.

Super Attack: Dark Death Ball, costs 7 Energy.

This card is not bad just because of the Passive ability and because all Frieza cards are inherently above average due to insane synergy with Kuriza. But given that this unit is an HR type, it brings him down to 3/10.

SH1-52 Mira

HR Type
HP: 3600
Power: 3700
Guard: 2000

Triple Attack Card Action Ability with an additional effect of reducing enemy's Super Attack damage by half upon activation of Super Triple Effect.

Passive Ability that reduces enemy's Energy by 1 at the end of every round.

Super Attack: Spirit Bomb, costs 7 Energy.

Ultimate Unit Effect of increasing your entire team's power by the amount of damage you have taken so far in the game when Haruharu and Shunshun are on the same team. This is interesting and powerful but requires that you run horrible units to activate it. Costs 2 Energy.

2/10.

SH1-53 Towa

BS Type (interesting)
HP: 3700
Power: 2800

Link-line passive ability that allows the linked ally to automatically activate their Super Attack, but this effect can be negated through Super Attack negating effects (which generally is not the case for Link-line effects in this game).

Ultimate Unit Effect that raises the chances of your team getting a Miracle Perfect Charge Impact result by a super amount when Kyoakuman and Saiakuman are on the same team. Costs 3 Energy.

Super Attack: Hell Balletto, costs 3 Energy.

1/10.

That concludes my analysis of Super Dragon Ball Heroes 1弾 Super Rare cards. I will be evaluating the Ultimate Rare cards, and possible some campaign cards in a post following this and hope you guys enjoyed reading this.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:07 am

I bet in 5 years from now, we will probably have SSj4 Radditz.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:08 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:I bet in 5 years from now, we will probably have SSj4 Raditz.
I'm more interested in seeing what an SS4 Nappa would look like. But who isn't?
Retired.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:31 am

Me. Because as I already said, they don't need it. They can shine through other methods, Super Saiyan is not the way. Raditz was fine with just the Oozaru form.

~ Day of the Machines ~