DBZ: Ultimate Blast/Tenkaichi (Pre-Release Discussion)

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: DBZ: Ultimate Blast/Tenkaichi (Pre-Release Discussion)

Post by Rukura » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:54 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:@rukura: Boohan was in Raging Blast without Gohan being in the game.....although I DO want all 3 SS4s in the game.
Seems a bit different from having a situation like fighting Gohan AS Boohan in the story (or in this case, Vegeta fighting Gogeta basically)
InfernalVegito wrote:Only Japan gets Kikuchi's score. They either meant the series' score in the very first scan literally and have corrected themselves or just new "original" music created solely for the game outside of Japan, the latter being the more realistic option.
If it were the latter...we've had both going back to Budokai Tenkaichi 1 and it was never used as a selling point.... (i don't want to buy a game like this twice, is what i'm trying to say :lol: )
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:No no, just putting it out there. I know how some of these things can come back to bite the messenger in the ass. I wasn't advertising them as fact, or at least not trying to. lol I'm just delivering rumors and pointing things out so we can have a discussion.

BTW, two different reps. Tony was the one who made the SS4 Gogeta comment on Facebook, Jose was the one who posted the character list and is talking about SS4 Goku and Vegeta on Twitter.

Well, the earlier video of the opening was from France (the game used "Freezer" on the HUD"), and if you listen past all the crappy noise, you can hear Cha-La Head-Cha-La. So it seems Europe, or at least parts of it, may be retaining the original score. That said, Tony did say earlier that there were legal issues with using the song outside of Japan. That and all the English videos have featured non Kageyama/Kikuchi songs, so who knows...
OOOOh, i misunderstood as it being the same rep both times, my bad. But still lol.

So are we looking at the possibility of Europe getting everything unchanged and North America getting a replacement score? Because, come to think of it, wasn't the scan advertising the japanese voices and music the same with the european capsule-pen pre-order bonus? (That would suck for american fans, but i'd like that...and americans could still import an unchanged version, so it could be a win-win)
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:31 pm

I just saw the intro and it was pretty awesome. Too bad SSj4 Gogeta is the only SSj4 but maybe they will add DLC later on? Sometimes the smaller, the better since the game can be more blanched and they can focus on gameplay instead of adding tons of characters.
Still, being an anime game made in Japan, i wonder if they really give much of a crap about the 360 port?
The 360 is one of the best selling console in the US and the UK (I think). International sales help games as well since they do make a lot of money with game sales over seas. If the game was a PS3 exclusive then I would think the game would sell less, we live in a different age of the gaming in the past five years. Hardly anything is exclusive anymore.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:04 pm

My pals Samus, Mario, Link, Donkey Kong, And Kirby disagree....about exclusives. (ALSO that hd graphics don't make the game)

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:23 pm

Well, if it's not going on 360, than I'm a no buyer as I won't buy other console only because of a Dragon Ball game :roll:
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

mysticboy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mysticboy » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:34 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:My pals Samus, Mario, Link, Donkey Kong, And Kirby disagree....about exclusives. (ALSO that hd graphics don't make the game)
Your pals are part of established franchises and are developed/published by their console's company.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:40 pm

Where's this idea that it will only be only released on PS3 coming from? Why wouldn't it come out on the 360?
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:50 pm

AgitoZ wrote:Where's this idea that it will only be only released on PS3 coming from? Why wouldn't it come out on the 360?
No one thinks it won't be, shits just running out of control because people don't read more than the last few posts in the topic. It all started because of the potentially huge roster cuts being blamed on the 360's smaller disc size, saying that if they didn't have to port the game, it would have more content. All the recent ads have the 360 listed as a release console though, so no worries. Its a subject that should just be dropped until we get confirmation of the game's contents, no reason for another console war debate when it isn't necessary.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

NECPS
Beyond Newbie

Post by NECPS » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:07 pm

I don´t like the menu for selecting characters..
Spike always had the worst tastes...

I liked Budokai 3 alright, but to mention something
really cool it was from Supersonic Warriors on GBA.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:14 pm

NECPS wrote:I don´t like the menu for selecting characters..
Spike always had the worst tastes...

I liked Budokai 3 alright, but to mention something
really cool it was from Supersonic Warriors on GBA.
I preferred the selection screen from Budokai 1, but I suppose that would be a little much when you get to the larger rosters in Spike's games.

EDIT: Speaking of Budokai 1's character selection screen, does anyone know where to find good rips of to the little character portrait icons?
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:04 pm

So who else pre-order the game? I plan to pay off my pre-order soon (Along with Skyrim) later this week or next week, this was the first Dragon Ball game that I pre-order since Sparking! Meteor (Budokai Tenkaichi 3) back in 2007. Too bad that I will be the only person in line buying the game since everyone will be buying Battlefield 3 :(.
She/Her

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:07 pm

Does any store in the US have the collectors edition for preorder?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:23 pm

As far that I know of, I don't think so. The last DBZ game in the US that had some type of collector's edition was Budokai 3.
She/Her

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:24 am

If SSJ4 Goku and Vegeta really end up not being in the game, Then they will probably have it where the CaC fights Yi Shenlong but starts having trouble then Gogeta pops out of no where and together they defeat him :roll: yawn.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Post by Haseowolf » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:35 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:So who else pre-order the game? I plan to pay off my pre-order soon (Along with Skyrim) later this week or next week, this was the first Dragon Ball game that I pre-order since Sparking! Meteor (Budokai Tenkaichi 3) back in 2007. Too bad that I will be the only person in line buying the game since everyone will be buying Battlefield 3 :(.
Pre-ordered it last week. 50 bucks down on it already. And yeah, ditto, I haven't pre-ordered a game since BT3 either! I'll be there on day one :D
[[ Saber_Breaker ]]
Want even MORE Dragon Ball podcast goodness? Check out We Gotta Podcast on Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere else you get your podcasts.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:51 am

I have it pre-ordered as well :D I would have love to gotten the collectors edition though
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:42 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:So who else pre-order the game? I plan to pay off my pre-order soon (Along with Skyrim) later this week or next week, this was the first Dragon Ball game that I pre-order since Sparking! Meteor (Budokai Tenkaichi 3) back in 2007. Too bad that I will be the only person in line buying the game since everyone will be buying Battlefield 3 :(.
I might, it depends on how much I get for selling my dvds(which I no longer use) to Moviestop.

TheAmericanDream
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TheAmericanDream » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:15 am

It seems odd to have Cui (arguably a less recognizable character) and not Guldo. I don't even like Guldo, but if you are going to have 4 members of the group, might as well include Guldo for completeness sake. I hate being a Dragon Ball fan who expects certain characters in that I will never play as (Guldo, the two defused kids and a few others). It's not quite like other fighting games where each new character brings something entirely new gameplay wise to the table. But still I would have really also liked Dabra this time around. They just bring him back in RB2 only to take him away, that seems unfair.

I also miss joke characters like Muten Roshi, Arale and Mr. Satan. Those 3 really helped bring humor and charm to the Sparking titles.

Anyway, like everyone else I think the Ultimate Blast opening is amazing.

mckeg

Post by mckeg » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:39 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:

Uses DVDs.

The previous ps2 games were only single layer (4.7gb), if they use dual layer dvds, they should still have plenty of room. But the large ambount of the (HD?) video on this game might chew that space up.

Son Edo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Edo » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:01 am

Can someone give me a list of the official Roster so far.

InfernalVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by InfernalVegito » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:24 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:If SSJ4 Goku and Vegeta really end up not being in the game, Then they will probably have it where the CaC fights Yi Shenlong but starts having trouble then Gogeta pops out of no where and together they defeat him :roll: yawn.
The same what I thought if it really turns out to be true.
BT3 off meds | The final fight

Ah, the Alpha and the Omega. As all life was created from Chaos...so shall it be DESTROYED!!!

The wails of machines | Singing cold harmony | Shifting air upward | Entranced by the breeze | Light pours like blood | Into a cosmic sea | Of stars crystallized | In a frozen symphony

Vegetto kicking you into orbit theme