"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360) Official Threa

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:08 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:V-Jump is out a bit early for some. Official revealing of Towa, Mira and the other leaked characters. Confirmation of "Freeza's Race" for the character creation with Froze's official debut: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOdHnwqRyTE

Seems "Mira" is the official Japanese spelling for the character now, as the magazine shows. Here is the japanese for the rest of them:
Mira / ミラ
Towa / トワ
Kaioshin of Time / 時の界王神
Toki Toki / トキトキ

Also a fun picture showing the altered history aspect of the game. The blurb next to the Majin and Earthing avatars shows Goku holding Raditz for Piccolo's Makankosappo, but when it is fired, Raditz gets out of the way and only Goku is hit. Interesting.
Which could lead your character arriving and helping Piccolo take down Raditz and then train for (or arrive later) the arrival of Vegeta and Nappa.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

DongHyun
Beyond Newbie

Post by DongHyun » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:56 am

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:12 am

Hmm. I don't think that is V-Jump? I just posted a video of someone browsing through the newest issue and it didn't have the information on that sort of layout. Looks like it is the same content though. Maybe Weekly Jump? I dunno.
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:22 am

You're right that's Weekly Shonen Jump. Hoping we may get a trailer tomorrow.

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:25 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Hmm. I don't think that is V-Jump? I just posted a video of someone browsing through the newest issue and it didn't have that the information on that sort of layout. Looks like it is the same content though. Maybe Weekly Jump? I dunno.
Makes sense. Even more so now, with TGS going on.
It's nice to see more of it, so thanks. But I gotta correct you: That's a photo of the magazine page and not a scan. Nothing personal, I just see a lot of people making that mistake.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:52 am

Can someone give me a quick rundown on these new enemies? I know they're from DBO but I never played it.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:01 am

Bullza wrote:Can someone give me a quick rundown on these new enemies? I know they're from DBO but I never played it.
Assuming everything carries over from DBO:

Mira - Earthling from the future. Modified into an artificial lifeform with the DNA of martial arts masters (possibly similar to Cell, only not from scratch). He steals a passport from the Kaioshin of Time and invades the past in search of Goku's DNA. His organization desires the ultimate destruction of the universe by splitting the timelines so much that it overloads the Time Storage Vault. He's mostly a silent type of personality.

Towa - Mira's wife and mother of his son, Fu. She was a "brilliant scientist" (mage) from Makai, but betrayed her home to join up with Mira. She's very sly and much more chatty than her husband, often using words as a distraction.

Detailed info can be found in the links in my sig.

Ryuman
Regular

Post by Ryuman » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:07 am

Start redeeming your codes, guys. :)

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:17 am

I would, if I had one. :problem:

radrappy
Beyond Newbie

Post by radrappy » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:20 am

has anyone else been super baffled by all of the footage released so far? I can't make heads or tails out of the gameplay mechanics. Here's hoping that there's plenty of defensive options to round out what seems to be a game about just mashing buttons in each other's faces.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:23 am

I didn't realize how stripperiffic Towa's outfit is until I saw it in that scan :lol:

I'm genuinely intrigued by this storyline, but I don't know, if I'll end up buying the game.
Gotta wait to next year to see, if I'm interested by then.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:33 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I would, if I had one. :problem:
TimmyTurnersDad.jpg

I'm still holding out that I'll get one. Maybe mine got lost in cyberspace somewhere. :P
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:51 am

Ryuman wrote:Start redeeming your codes, guys. :)
If only I'd receive one or more.

I got the Smash 3DS demo thanks to the kindness of a stranger because Nintendo didn't send me any too.

Btw, Towa's quite handsome. :P
Last edited by dbboxkaifan on Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:52 am

Oh, wow. I didn't know Mira and Towa were a married couple. That's a first for Dragon Ball foes. I hope Bandai commissions a animated special for XenoVerse.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Super Saiyajin Luffy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super Saiyajin Luffy » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:59 am

Wait, do you know what it means for Towa and Mira being playable characters? Japanese and English voices!!! :o
I'm hyped as hell, also Freeza race confirmed. Is human race confirmed? Kanji for this one dude in Goku's space suit doesnt look like Saiya-Jin to me.
DragonBall Xenoverse Fighting Mechanics breakdown
The DragonBall Xenoverse pre-release Q&A and general information post
Rukura about Sparking Omega wrote:I'm imagining people from Namco Bandai looking at these big sites talking about the announcement and them going "Wait....what?! Did we do that? Are we doing that? *turns to Spike* Are you people doing that?"
DB Xenoverse is not a DBZ simulator with fighting elements, it's a semi competent fighting/action game with DBZ simulation elements.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:01 pm

Thanks for that Devil's Corpse. How strong are they supposed to be compared to other characters?

It does look like Xenoverse could really be an adaptation of DBO from what I've seen so far.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:12 pm

The more I see this game, the more I get the impression this is ... a fusion of sorts ... of many past Dragon Ball games.

The fluid animation of Burst Limit.

The commands of Ultimate Tenkaichi.

The Raging Blast camera.

The characters and custom creator of DB Online.

And don't get me wrong ... I love every minute of it.

Plus, I don't know if I'm right, but I think this is the first DBZ game that really nailed Nappa's size. He looks like a giant in front of Krillin.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:23 pm

Bullza wrote:Thanks for that Devil's Corpse. How strong are they supposed to be compared to other characters?
It was an MMO that was canceled early, so next to impossible to say. Whole thing is a clusterfuck. There are really only three measuring sticks that can be used:

Piccolo - Is stated to be unable to handle the threat of the Time Breakers, meaning Mira should be stronger than him at least. Ultimately though, I find this tidbit pointless, as they also say that Piccolo wasn't capable of handling the newly discovered surviving Demon Spawns of Piccolo Daimao that Pilaf had hidden in his castle. In short, they are just trying to write Piccolo out because they need the player to defeat everything...because it is a MMO.

Trunks - You'd think this would be helpful, right? Trunks heads the attacks against Mira and Towa, so he should be capable of combating them. But we never see him fight Towa and he only battles Mira once. We don't see the beginning of the fight either. The player arrives and Trunks is just beaten up (in base form). Maybe Mira jumped him while he was n base, maybe he defeated a transformed Trunks. We don't know, so it ultimately doesn't provide us with any helpful info. Also, even if it did, Trunks' level would be entirely up for debate depending on where you think his strength ended up after he returned to the future and defeated 17/18/Cell and when he was recruited by the Time God.

Bardock - Yes, Bardock. Mira goes back in time and saves him from Freeza's attack on planet Vegeta. He then enslaves him and Bardock serves as his grunt until the player breaks the mind control mask. Bardock, upset with being controlled, later jumps Mira after his attack on Trunks. Mira is caught by surprise and is basically in Bardock's bear hug, and the Saiyan charges a self-destruct attack like Vegeta. Miira calms down and tells him that the attack won't work, but Barodck continues anyway. Bardock is hurled through time, presumably by Miira in an attempt to save himself, before the explosion can kill them. Trunks and everyone leave, but when the smoke clears, Mira is still alive. So I guess he is stronger than Bardock...but when Towa appears in the next mission, she believes Mira is dead...so she thinks Bardock could have killed him? Like with Trunks though, who knows where Bardock's strength was supposed to be. The game is based off the manga, so is he really weak like Toriyama implies in recent material? But it uses baby Goku arriving on Earth like the Bardock special, so is he at least 10,000+? How much stronger has he gotten since then? *shrug*
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:26 pm

Couldn't help it.

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:35 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:The commands of Ultimate Tenkaichi.

The Raging Blast camera.
Those two are most definitely not in Xenoverse. (And thank Dende for that)

This camera seems to try to keep both players on screen at all time, while Raging Blast 1's camera...didn't quite work.
As far as the commands...well...having played Ultimate Tenkaichi, takes one good look to see that this is nothing like Ultimate Tenkaichi.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0