"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:22 am

sintzu wrote: No matter what we get there will always be hate and not only on the games but the home releases,anime,manga,ect.
Sadly it is so true. Some people will never be happy with what they get. :|
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:08 am

Damn, Treevax is like God among the Tenkaichi fans.
I can't help myself but to be excited as I never was before with DB game.

I don't care about reviews, I will snatch this game on the release date!
Last edited by MCDaveG on Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

DongHyun
Beyond Newbie

Post by DongHyun » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:29 am

Time Kaioshin Voice actor, Kanae Ito

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:56 am

Even with the new movie coming out during Golden Week and Xenoverse is scheduled for an "early 2015" release, nothing seems to hint at the movie being at all connected to this kind of story. In Xenoverse, it seems like the wish is a way to make "you" show up to fix the problem, while, in the movie, it seems the wish IS the problem.

As far as all the footage we've gotten these past few days...color me very excited for the game. I mean, I already was, now even more so :D

I'd really like to have GT content here, but I'm not holding my breath. The GT thing in the costumization menu is the top part of Goku's gi, that also matches the one from the end of Z. Wouldn't be surprised if it was just easier to brand it that way.

I like how in-depth just the starting character creation is. I'm gonna be pissed if I don't get into the European network test, I really wanna give this a go as soon as possible. Sucks that it's gonna be so short, though. Do we know that there'll be a public beta afterwards?
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:07 am

MCDaveG wrote: I don't care about reviews, I will snatch this game on the release date!
That's the first thing everyone should care about,Sure you,me and everyone else on this thread will buy it regardless but that won't be enough to get it good sales which if it doesn't it'll be the last quality game we'll probably get.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Super Saiyajin Luffy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super Saiyajin Luffy » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:19 am

About male Saiyan, who voices the male Saiyan custom chara from the demo? It sounds like Naruto much, but there are distinct differences, though. I'm not sure...
DragonBall Xenoverse Fighting Mechanics breakdown
The DragonBall Xenoverse pre-release Q&A and general information post
Rukura about Sparking Omega wrote:I'm imagining people from Namco Bandai looking at these big sites talking about the announcement and them going "Wait....what?! Did we do that? Are we doing that? *turns to Spike* Are you people doing that?"
DB Xenoverse is not a DBZ simulator with fighting elements, it's a semi competent fighting/action game with DBZ simulation elements.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:26 am

After playing the beta for God knows how long I can definitely say that I will be picking this game up on release day, or heck, I'll get the collectors edition if it has one. You can tell that Dimps is trying to make this game appeal to the majority of Dragon Ball Z game fans. The fighting is similar to the Budokai series, square is attack and triangle is a stronger attack, combining the two will allow you to do different combos. The destructible environments are like Tenkaichi's, they look awesome, only downside is that the destruction you cause fades after a few seconds, hopefully they change that. One thing that I absolutely love about this game is customisation, holding R2 opens up your special moves, you have 4. Holding R2 + L2 opens up your Ultimates and some dodging techniques, you can have two or possibly three ultimates which gives the player a lot of variety during fights. You can assign different skills into your R2 specials, you can literally have 4 Range attacks or you could have 4 Melee attacks or mix them up. Some ultimates are incredibly over powered and others are no help, there's one where you shoot a bunch of ki blasts and most of them won't even hit your opponent, but then there's fucking Nappa's ultimate and God help you if you're confronted by that attack, if you don't have enough energy to pull of a dodge technique (or if you don't even HAVE a dodge technique) then you are going to take A LOT of damage. This game somewhat copies the substitution technique from the Naruto Ninja Storm games but uses it much better. In Naruto you pretty much rely on the substitution bar but in Xenoverse you can pretty much fight without it (although I don't recommend you do that). You don't have to constantly teleport behind your opponent every time you're getting your ass handed to you, you can jump over them, use a special that pushes them away or you could just fly away. I can't wait to play the beta again on the 4th of October, hopefully more of you guys can get your hands on it so you can see how great this game is.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:27 am

Rukura wrote:Even with the new movie coming out during Golden Week and Xenoverse is scheduled for an "early 2015" release, nothing seems to hint at the movie being at all connected to this kind of story. In Xenoverse, it seems like the wish is a way to make "you" show up to fix the problem, while, in the movie, it seems the wish IS the problem.

As far as all the footage we've gotten these past few days...color me very excited for the game. I mean, I already was, now even more so :D

I'd really like to have GT content here, but I'm not holding my breath. The GT thing in the costumization menu is the top part of Goku's gi, that also matches the one from the end of Z. Wouldn't be surprised if it was just easier to brand it that way.

I like how in-depth just the starting character creation is. I'm gonna be pissed if I don't get into the European network test, I really wanna give this a go as soon as possible. Sucks that it's gonna be so short, though. Do we know that there'll be a public beta afterwards?
I want DB mostly!!! Like in Online which disregards GT.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Super Saiyajin Luffy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Short beta gameplay analysis + Xenoverse recap

Post by Super Saiyajin Luffy » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:34 am

Doing a small analysis of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aMGNUGOrkE
not so intense analysis, so pretty short

1:00 Fight 1 male Saiyan vs Goku
1:37 an attack string from Goku, which steals 2 green bars from male Saiyan and staggers block, free followup and dead male Saiyan

2:30 Fight 2 male Saiyan vs Goku
2:52 a parry, probably have to time a block, not sure if you get some followups, though, also yellow bar increase
3:03 blocked a Kamehame-Ha, also eats up green bar
3:08 failed parry attempt, so Saiyan got hit

4:40 Fight 3 Vegeta vs Vegeta
5:36 parry fun, also seems succesful parry gives you free ki/yellow bar

7:40 Fight 4 Piccolo vs Goku
8:10 blocked Kamehame-Ha, some green bar disappears
8:52 some Dirty Explosions Piccolo style
9:03 another parry, note that Goku seemed a little bit stunned, also spamming guard doesnt trigger parry, you have to time it
9:40 another parry, but this time of a move with lots of recovery, Goku got killed

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recap of Xenoverse:
- 5 playable races (human, Saiyan, Namekian, Freeza clan, Majin)
- 3vs3 confirmed
- 2 melee buttons, one ki blast button, which allows you customs blockstrings and combos
- Aura dash consumes green bar
- snap vanishing consumes 2 green bars
- blocking some attacks consumes green bar, if you lose all green bar due an attack, you will be staggered and can't do stuff with green bar, until it completely refills
- certain defensive moves consumes 3 green bars
- charged attacks is insta-green bar depletion
- parry has low blockstun, can't be spammed (timing) and gives you free yellow bar on success
- level up system
- customisable super/ultimate attacks (4 supers, 3 ultimates from what I see, might be wrong)
- Ki-charge is a super, startup and recovery is slow, also ki-charge is super slow
- Ultimate attacks seems to have invicibility on startup
- jumping attacks are confirmed
- midair jumps
- underwater swimming
- mindgame seems to consist of charged attacks, parrys, attacks consuming opponent green bar, jumping aways and stuff (need to play this game, also hope for charged attack cancel)
- customisation seems awesome
- useable items gives some boosts
Last edited by Super Saiyajin Luffy on Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rukura about Sparking Omega wrote:I'm imagining people from Namco Bandai looking at these big sites talking about the announcement and them going "Wait....what?! Did we do that? Are we doing that? *turns to Spike* Are you people doing that?"
DB Xenoverse is not a DBZ simulator with fighting elements, it's a semi competent fighting/action game with DBZ simulation elements.

SingleFringe&Sparks

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:35 am

Quebaz wrote:Then you haven't been paying attention with either this game or Zenkai. I haven't played any, but just from the commands list and the dozens of gameplay videos you can see on the internet (more than a thousand for Zenkai now), you can thell they play nothing alike.
It was just a face-value comparison to the visual combat style in between BoZ (the popular assumption) to the similar. Not the mechanics. I never played Saint Seiya. On a techinical basis, Zenkai looks vastly inferior. Slower, clunkier and weighted but thats a deeper disection between Xeno and Zenkai, not Xeno vs Zenkai or BoZ. People who hate this game for whatever reason think this looks like BoZ. Which it clearly doesnt lean to.
Super Saiyajin Luffy wrote:Doing a small analysis
Something I noticed in one of AnimeOnline's demo vids was something odd.
- You can chain too Kamehamehas together back to back.
- If Kamehameha is interrupted but fully chaged but not launched, opponent still takes damage from it.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

Zenkashuu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkashuu » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:43 am

sintzu wrote:
MCDaveG wrote: I don't care about reviews, I will snatch this game on the release date!
That's the first thing everyone should care about,Sure you,me and everyone else on this thread will buy it regardless but that won't be enough to get it good sales which if it doesn't it'll be the last quality game we'll probably get.
Word of mouth is the best marketing, if the majority of the fan base is pleased it will sell well.

Super Saiyajin Luffy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super Saiyajin Luffy » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:44 am

The price for the best special attack goes to

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:23 am

Surprise nobody's posted this yet. Special moves video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDEfXseoyUI

Lovely creativity I'm seeing, especially Yamcha's :lol:. There's one thing I don't like about them, and it's the colors of the super moves. Why is Cell's aura green when it should be yellow? Why is Frieza's aura purple when it should be light teal? Why is Tien's Neo Tri Beam blue when it should be yellow? That's my only pet peeve in Dimps games. Though I'm glad they fixed other colors that Spike didn't fix like Goku's Kaioken and Frieza's Death Beam.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

DonieZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DonieZ » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:45 am

Super Saiyajin Luffy wrote:The price for the best special attack goes to
xD Awesome, great fan service right there. Also interesting to note, instead of everyone getting a staple dash retreat move, like UNS, looks like it's present as a 'super', checking out Yamcha around 3:44. Pretty much adding new meaning to the word individual. Would probably attach that when going up against Nappa, whose Ultimate eats an insane amount of health!

@EXBadguy; Luffy beat you to it (in spoiler).

Zidiane
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Zidiane » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:00 pm

Does anyone have a video of all the Character Creation options in the demo? I looked around a little but I couldn't find one.

Future Reese

Post by Future Reese » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:07 pm

Hello, had anybody a chance to test ps3 and ps4 version of the beta? Are next gen graphics much so much better than the Ps3?

SingleFringe&Sparks

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:12 pm

Zidiane wrote:Does anyone have a video of all the Character Creation options in the demo? I looked around a little but I couldn't find one.
https://www.youtube.com/user/animegamesonline/videos
This guy has everything covered.
EXBadguy wrote:There's one thing I don't like about them, and it's the colors of the super moves. Why is Cell's aura green when it should be yellow? Why is Freeza's aura purple when it should be light teal? Why is Tenshinhan's Neo Tri Beam blue when it should be yellow? That's my only pet peeve in Dimps games. Though I'm glad they fixed other colors that Spike didn't fix like Goku's Kaioken and Freeza's Death Beam.
Nappa's Attacks are Magenta instead of White/Yellow. They were done right in Burst Limit.... He also has a weird mine attack and not a mouth blast.

Tiens Tri-Beam/Blast Cannon really bugs the hell out of me... No other game has gotten this wrong. No other. Someone should really point this out.

Vegeta's Final Flash and Super Kamehameha are also identical. Thats wrong.

At least they got the Colour of Raditz attacks right. For the first time.
Last edited by SingleFringe&Sparks on Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:14 pm

Keep in mind that these are not all the attacks the characters are going to have. We know from the trailer and several gameplay videos that Vegeta has his iconic Volley, however that's not in the Beta, so most likely there are other attacks missing too.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

InfernalVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by InfernalVegito » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:26 pm

Seems like they're going the same route with the ultimates as with all NUNS games past the first, i.e. quick and to the point without cinematic camera angles and a lot of effects to them.

I don't like that. I miss the obliterating cutscene ultimates, even though it's a design choice regarding the many versus many gameplay. I guess that also means no planet destruction (?)

The ultimate attacks in the series lend themselves perfectly to be presented in an awesome and massive way. B3 shows that.
Last edited by InfernalVegito on Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BT3 off meds | The final fight

Ah, the Alpha and the Omega. As all life was created from Chaos...so shall it be DESTROYED!!!

The wails of machines | Singing cold harmony | Shifting air upward | Entranced by the breeze | Light pours like blood | Into a cosmic sea | Of stars crystallized | In a frozen symphony

Vegetto kicking you into orbit theme

Zidiane
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Zidiane » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:27 pm

SingleFringe&Sparks wrote:
Zidiane wrote:Does anyone have a video of all the Character Creation options in the demo? I looked around a little but I couldn't find one.
https://www.youtube.com/user/animegamesonline/videos
This guy has everything covered.
I saw that. Did he really go over everything? It looks like there are clothing options that he didn't go over. I guess they're equipment from looking at the menu he took everything off in, but I saw someone in a crowd that had like Gohan's Piccolo outfit, and there was a store he went to that had a bunch of clothing options I didn't get to see.

Edit: In his latest vid, there's someone in saiyan armor too.