"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Shinnin
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Shinnin » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:50 pm

I don't see why they wouldn't put filler/movie/GT characters in. The game's story is based on time travel and time travel creates parallel universes, so this a perfect chance to go all out with them.

I'm also hoping they keep COM vs COM matches in. I wouldn't mind orchestrating a Bio-Broly/Aka/Hatchiyack/Garlic Jr. cage match.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:50 pm

donkeyjack wrote:No offense but it would blatantly stupid to NOT put in DBZ Movie Characters. GT and Z Movie Characters and other filler characters can be in the game without being involved with the story mode. I mean we're getting a big roster for this game. I don't why people in the DBC think that we're getting 50 characters in the game.
I'm not just being a naysayer, as I'd love a huge roster, but there is absolutely zero proof right now that we are getting said HUGE roster. There is a bit of evidence with some characters having their clothing as options for the character customization, but that doesn't mean we'll be seeing the characters themselves on the actual roster for certain.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:51 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
SingleFringe&Sparks wrote:I never liked the idea of using what if SSJ forms as a cheap bribe. Not especially if these have been done before. I'd rater get an original character, like the Kaioshin of Time, Baby-Janemba or the villain playable early or an ecxlusive CAC costume something.
I'm just giving the easier examples. They can do non-Saiyans too, like the new Kibitoshin and Babidi fusions for Buu. Something like Bebi Janenba would be dumb to me if we don't get Janenba or Bebi in the game though. Also, I'd much prefer extra characters to costumes or early unlocks for characters that should already be in the game (Towa, Mira, Time Kaioshin...if the decide to make her a fighter).
Well I agree, hypathetically it sounds logical to see it that way, it just never seems really that enticing. The hype for SSJ3 what-ifs died with RB2, hence why they never returned. Originality is what this game needs to continue to inspire. Even if not something from scratch, I'm sure Whis and Beerus or their costumes would be more logical to refreshing the new hype right now. Even the Heroes avatars for CAC material for a preorder would be perfectly commercially balanced additions.

Though knowing this fanbase all would probably just take another SSJ Bardock vs Freeza. :roll:. Masked-Bardock inhis Online outfit is more my angle if thats an offer.
donkeyjack wrote:No offense but it would blatantly stupid to NOT put in DBZ Movie Characters. GT and Z Movie Characters and other filler characters can be in the game without being involved with the story mode. I mean we're getting a big roster for this game. I don't why people in the DBC think that we're getting 50 characters in the game.
You'd think a game of this concept would feature movie characters at the forefront for a what-if free for all.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:00 am

The roster can be whatever... WE CAN MAKE OUR OWN CHARACTERS. And from the way the beta was set up, we can have a large number of them.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:05 am

DarkPrince_92 wrote:The roster can be whatever... WE CAN MAKE OUR OWN CHARACTERS. And from the way the beta was set up, we can have a large number of them.
Any idea of how many exactly? I'm hoping there's at least five slots so we can make one of every race, but it'd be nice if there was eight so we could also have one of each gender too.

Also, totally admitting to it now - I may not know for sure what I'll do for the other races, but my human race character will totally be designed in the vein of being a far-future descendant of Kuririn. I'll have to come up with a good chestnut themed name pun for them before then though.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:07 am

DarkPrince_92 wrote:The roster can be whatever... WE CAN MAKE OUR OWN CHARACTERS. And from the way the beta was set up, we can have a large number of them.
I wouldnt be suprised if people complained anyway if this game has less than 200 characters.
Cold Skin wrote:Hmm, I wouldn't be surprised if two created players having similar body types could fuse.
Was it confirmed that we can control our heights and age appearances yet? I know we can make fat characters.
TheGameTagerZ wrote:I kind of hope Namco doesn't plague this with DLC.
Not unless they're support patches.
DonieZ wrote:Seriously guys, it wasn't that hard to understand what DragonballKai meant by leaving Budokai behind and more games like Xenoverse. I think, for both loyal Budokai and Tenkaichi fans, you've got it hardwired in your minds already to begin defending your respective preferred series/style as soon as you think it is being attacked. I would bet you that Dimps are having a blast developing DB Xenoverse, when NB asked them to make a full 3D style fighter (which I assume happened) I can imagine the interest and excitement their team had to get started. The truth is, Dimps might be tired of Budokai, bored of it; what if they don't want to make it? I've read a number of posts targeted at NB, however largely I think this comes down to Dimps (why then was there no BL2 despite the sales figures?). You guys are potentially asking people to do things they don't want to. Dimps are artists, not our lapdogs.
It doesnt make sense for a Budokai fan to have to reject Budokai for Xenoverse, because its not a 2D game. Thats the same attitude used when RB came out. 2D format is what they want Budokai/Burst Limit or not. Xenoverse isnt an extention off that, nor was it made to be the competitive title they want. They arent remotely comparable. Its an extention of the 3D direction. If anything the RB fanboys should get over Spike because of their underdelivery massively apparent through this game.

We also know that the team that made BL isnt on this game, so technically the logic doesnt work. 3D games like this will always be for the casual audience regardless of how fun it is. Most Budokai fans dont complain for it not being fun, its just too much of camera favouritism. Thats the issue. The Tenkaichi fans are being treated as the majority rather than a specific audience.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:16 am

SingleFringe&Sparks wrote:Was it confirmed that we can control our heights and age appearances yet? I know we can make fat characters.
I think I seen a child like custom character while watching some gameplay of toki toki city but I'm not sure so don't quote me on that.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:18 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Any idea of how many exactly? I'm hoping there's at least five slots so we can make one of every race, but it'd be nice if there was eight so we could also have one of each gender too.

Also, totally admitting to it now - I may not know for sure what I'll do for the other races, but my human race character will totally be designed in the vein of being a far-future descendant of Kuririn. I'll have to come up with a good chestnut themed name pun for them before then though.

Well when I was re-entering the beta, judging by the character customization screen you pick you character (that you've already created) from a large list, so I'm assuming that you can fill that column up with various characters. I'm hoping.

Also you can definitely make your Krillin descendant, there that no nose option after all.

And about the heights, it wasn't present in the beta. Body type, size, skin tones won't be available until the full release I assume. Also the short people were all female Saiyans or Humans, honestly don't know which one it was.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Zidiane
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Zidiane » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:49 am

Looks like a drama-y thing happened after I asked my question, so maybe no one saw it.
Zidiane wrote:
SingleFringe&Sparks wrote:
Zidiane wrote:Does anyone have a video of all the Character Creation options in the demo? I looked around a little but I couldn't find one.
https://www.youtube.com/user/animegamesonline/videos
This guy has everything covered.
I saw that. Did he really go over everything? It looks like there are clothing options that he didn't go over. I guess they're equipment from looking at the menu he took everything off in, but I saw someone in a crowd that had like Gohan's Piccolo outfit, and there was a store he went to that had a bunch of clothing options I didn't get to see.

Edit: In his female character gameplay and revival vid, there's someone in saiyan armor too.
Is there an effort at the moment to document all the clothing options in the beta? Is there maybe a vid, or even a collection of pictures, of the available/known costume pieces?
Last edited by Zidiane on Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:55 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
I'm not just being a naysayer, as I'd love a huge roster, but there is absolutely zero proof right now that we are getting said HUGE roster. There is a bit of evidence with some characters having their clothing as options for the character customization, but that doesn't mean we'll be seeing the characters themselves on the actual roster for certain.

You'll see just watch AND they said it in a interview many times and plus weren't 99% of you guys saying that 3vs3 won't be possible? When saiyanisland said they could be a possibility of 6 players even though if we don't have any evidence? I don't think it's going to be a Z-only roster. You guys have been letdown for years and think that this time will just say no Z movie characters or filler characters. I'm sorry I call BS on that.

DongHyun
Beyond Newbie

Post by DongHyun » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:21 am

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:32 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:There is absolutely zero proof right now that we are getting said HUGE roster.
They said in an interview more then once that we are getting a huge roster.

In the new trailer it says there are over 200 moves which would be imposible if we were only getting the manga's characters plus why would they have their costumes if they aren't in the game ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:42 am

Does anyone think that a few months after the game comes out they'll add some DLC that'll add in the characters from the upcoming movie next year?

I don't know which will come out first (most likely the game) but I think it'd be a great bit of cross promotion if when the movie comes out they were to release a DLC pack that added any new characters into the game like the villain or any new forms.

Think they'll try and tie them in somehow?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:54 am

Bullza wrote:Does anyone think that a few months after the game comes out they'll add some DLC that'll add in the characters from the upcoming movie next year?

I don't know which will come out first (most likely the game) but I think it'd be a great bit of cross promotion if when the movie comes out they were to release a DLC pack that added any new characters into the game like the villain or any new forms.

The movie doesn't have to be out for the game to have the new content from it,At least BOG didn't for Zenkai and heroes to get Beerus and ssjg Goku.

But if it doesn't then we probably will get them as dlc cause the game will sell well and Bandai will be able to make a lot more with that kind of dlc.

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:59 am

Bullza wrote:Does anyone think that a few months after the game comes out they'll add some DLC that'll add in the characters from the upcoming movie next year?

The game will come out before the movie. So any DLC for the game that has to do with the new movie means that the game will have to have a long lifespan.
And on top of that they need to find voice actors for said characters in both english and japanese. And on top of that they need to find out what kind of moves they have and everything......It's just a big mess. Best they save it for another game.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:14 am

Also, if there were to be a sequel, that kind of stuff could be used as a huge selling point.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:14 am

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:Best they save it for another game.
What other game ? how do they make another game after making a game that has almost everything a fan could want ?

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:16 am

sintzu wrote:
SSJ God Gogeta wrote:Best they save it for another game.
What other game ? how do they make another game after making a game that has almost everything a fan could want ?
Trust me another game will come after this. It has been like that for years.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:18 am

SSJ God Gogeta wrote: Trust me another game will come after this. It has been like that for years.
I know but how will they market and sell it ?

What they should do insted is just update XenoVerse like they do heroes.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:23 am

sintzu wrote:
SSJ God Gogeta wrote: Trust me another game will come after this. It has been like that for years.
I know but how will they market and sell it ?
The same way sequel games have been marketed and sold since, like, forever? I mean, it's not like we don't have thousands upon thousands of examples, right?
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"