"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dyno
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Dyno » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:52 am

No Evil Bardock, then? :(

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:10 am

Dyno wrote:No Evil Bardock, then? :(
Bardock was already kinda evil.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:13 am

GoldLiger wrote:Except Grand Kai is a filler character not from the manga. The only official Old Kai is the one that gave Gohan "Potential Unleashed" skill.
It's worth noting however that he does exist in the manga, he's just unseen, as are all of the other Kais save for...uh...South, I think it was? The one that trained Papoy. Anyway, I don't doubt that it's definitely the Old Kai that gave Gohan his power-up, cuz they'd just have more to work with with him.

It's nice to have confirmation that we're getting the new movie stuff as well, though I'm definitely disappointed that there's no story missions to go with it. I dunno why they'd be that worried about spoilers, I mean, we've gotten Naruto games that told a story far beyond where we were in the anime and manga in the US for years now, so...I dunno. Just seems a bit wonky to me, especially when the game was unlikely to showcase EXACTLY what happens in the movie anyway.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:38 pm

Sorry if this has been brought up already, but does it bother anyone else that both this game and Zenkai get Goku's SSGSS hair wrong? They are both missing the spike above the bangs that bends outward.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:43 pm

The hair is supposed to just be Goku's Super Saiyan hair (that one spike you are talking about is generally a quirk of the way Toriyama draws the form these days). If his Super Saiyan hair in the game doesn't have doesn't have that spike, then there's no reason to add it in for a form that's only supposed to change the color of the hair and eyes for said already existing form.
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:43 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:The hair is supposed to just be Goku's Super Saiyan hair (that one spike you are talking about is generally a quirk of the way Toriyama draws the form these days). If his Super Saiyan hair in the game doesn't have doesn't have that spike, then there's no reason to add it in for a form that's only supposed to change the color of the hair and eyes.
The spike is visible in the movie shots that we have though.

CM101Play
Beyond Newbie

Post by CM101Play » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:53 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:Sorry if this has been brought up already, but does it bother anyone else that both this game and Zenkai get Goku's SSGSS hair wrong? They are both missing the spike above the bangs that bends outward.
Also Xenoverse seems to have Gold Frieza's skin color wrong. In RF it is dark purple, but in Xenoverse is appears light purple.

That said, neither of those are big deals for me. I'm glad to get them at all.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:59 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:The spike is visible in the movie shots that we have though.
In some of them. The same way hair (and everything else) changes in all animated material, it depends entirely on who is animating.

We don't really have a normal version of SS Goku in the film to compare the hair to know if that bang would have been used for it either. But in the Resurrection F thread, yesterday I think, I posted images of Toriyama's most recent SS Goku that I can remember and the hair is almost identical to the hair seen on his SSGSS design. So the intention clearly seems to be the hair is the same for both forms, regardless of how they decide to spike it.

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:30 pm

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:41 pm

That's not exciting. That's not exciting at all.I'm going to hope they threw this in there as a red herring and there will be a fourth pack with Demigra being playable and a master. :/

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:43 pm

I dont doubt Sergios ability at all but I think hes straight up wrong on this one. The new mentors are nicely rounded off at five and we already have all his moves. Short of another dlc pack, which isnt unthinkable, I cant see this happening.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:44 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:The spike is visible in the movie shots that we have though.
In some of them. The same way hair (and everything else) changes in all animated material, it depends entirely on who is animating.

We don't really have a normal version of SS Goku in the film to compare the hair to know if that bang would have been used for it either. But in the Resurrection F thread, yesterday I think, I posted images of Toriyama's most recent SS Goku that I can remember and the hair is almost identical to the hair seen on his SSGSS design. So the intention clearly seems to be the hair is the same for both forms, regardless of how they decide to spike it.

It's in pretty much every shot that has been released though, including the official (non Toriyama) art.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:53 pm

nato25 wrote:I dont doubt Sergios ability at all but I think hes straight up wrong on this one. The new mentors are nicely rounded off at five and we already have all his moves. Short of another dlc pack, which isnt unthinkable, I cant see this happening.
Five seems like nice number for them, but there are 6 slots per row of mentors. Right now, with Jaco and Elder Kaioshin, there's an open space left on the Master board/chart/thing.
ArchedThunder wrote:It's in pretty much every shot that has been released though, including the official (non Toriyama) art.
There are at least 6 pieces of art I know of without that bang (like the below). Even with that said though, it probably should and will be included in most stuff because it's on the settei (character design sheet) and the animators/artists should remain on model. Does that mean the design is intended to actually be different? No. It's just how the Super Saiyan hair was drawn for the sheet. Do a run through of the manga. Goku's Super Saiyan hair changes fair often from page to page. Spikes will point in different directions, sometimes he'll have a different number of bangs. This doesn't mean the design is actually changing though, it's just how it's drawn that time.

Likewise, as I just showed you, Toriyama drew that bang on SS Goku 2 years prior to SSGSS being a thing. That's how he drew Goku's Super Saiyan hair, that's how he drew SSGSS Goku's hair. they're practically the same. So if the games don't have that bang, why should they add it in? They're perfectly following Toriyama's example (unless you want them to add that bang on regular SS Goku too).

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:55 pm

Si Xing Long, eh? That is interesting but I have no idea what he would teach. Maybe he'll get another costume slot in another patch? Maybe he'll give more wishing options since he is a dragon and that sort of makes sense?

EA575
Regular

Post by EA575 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:12 pm

Limited parallel quests! I was hoping they would do something like this. I wonder what rewards we would get? Since they're limited, they would probably be pretty special.

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:37 pm

Well, they would have been limited, if Sergio hadn't found them. Now it's only a matter of time before a Save Editor lets you have permanent access to them. On the PC, anyway.
To a strong man, the end justifies the means. To a stronger man, the means justify the end.

GoldLiger
Banned

Post by GoldLiger » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:56 pm

Well at least with this SergioM3 just confirmed that new content support from Dimps to Xenoverse will indeed by for more then 1 year.
Dragon Ball Heroes God Mission = Best sets of missions so far

Super Saiyan 4 Gohan FTW!!

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:57 pm

So wait, does this mean that we won't be getting the Whis emblem gi and armor in DLC 3?

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:59 pm

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:17 pm

Ex-Dubbie369 wrote:So wait, does this mean that we won't be getting the Whis emblem gi and armor in DLC 3?
That seems to be the implication. So, hope for some other form of release or a fourth pack?