"Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle" Official Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:37 pm

The new Super Strike Kid Vegeta event started. He's actually pretty good! The event isn't half stamina like the other Super Strikes since it's new obviously, but it does have the boosted EXP values and increased drop rate!

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pluto » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:49 am

Is there any reason why some characters are not on the game? Hit, as a good example.
In the year 42 of our god calendar, Zarma acquired a special patent for his original design.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:44 pm

Hit has a card in the game snd will have 2 soon

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:09 pm

I keep trying to get out of doing the LR Goku campaign but they keep pulling me back in. 49 free stones and all those potential orbs.

Well damn, I guess I'm maxing him out then.

On a related note, look like we're getting the LR Hercule cards in a couple of days with some 777 event.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Tribesman

Post by Tribesman » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:12 pm

Boo Machine wrote:On a related note, look like we're getting the LR Hercule cards in a couple of days with some 777 event.
I never knew I needed something so badly until I heard about it......

I have been trying to slowly slog through the LR Goku event. TAKES SO LONG. Hopefully the card will be aight.
- Steam: [TGH] Tribesman - YouTube: TribesmanGaming - Origin: ITribesmanI - uPlay: Tribesman256 -

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:17 pm

Damn, I want SSB Goku so badly, but all I get are tons of Vegeta, Trunks and cards I don't care about...
This RNG system is what pisses me off about Japanese games. Would like something like Galaxy of Heroes or DC Heroes :(

And I can't Z-Awaken Goku because I don't have some tokens from Battle of Gods story, that ran like years ago, so impossible...
I wonder if someone really buys the expensive stones to get random crappy characters.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:53 pm

MCDaveG wrote:Damn, I want SSB Goku so badly, but all I get are tons of Vegeta, Trunks and cards I don't care about...
This RNG system is what pisses me off about Japanese games. Would like something like Galaxy of Heroes or DC Heroes :(

And I can't Z-Awaken Goku because I don't have some tokens from Battle of Gods story, that ran like years ago, so impossible...
I wonder if someone really buys the expensive stones to get random crappy characters.
The story events come back every few months. Battle of Gods and Resurrection F both ran in late May/early June and the medals show up in the Baba Shop for trade points every so often.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:13 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
MCDaveG wrote:Damn, I want SSB Goku so badly, but all I get are tons of Vegeta, Trunks and cards I don't care about...

The story events come back every few months. Battle of Gods and Resurrection F both ran in late May/early June and the medals show up in the Baba Shop for trade points every so often.
They also drop on the plan to exterminate Saiyajins' events.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:24 am

alakazam^ wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:

They also drop on the plan to exterminate Saiyajins' events.
Yeah, but I don't have Z-awakened characters to participate...
My strongest are UR.

In May June, the Dokkan had some issues and I wasn't able to download the data and play the game, so I've stupped until last week on new phone and probably missed it :(
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:37 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Yeah, but I don't have Z-awakened characters to participate...
My strongest are UR.

In May June, the Dokkan had some issues and I wasn't able to download the data and play the game, so I've stupped until last week on new phone and probably missed it :(
Any UR should be good. Z-awakening just means powering up the card from its base form, like SR to SSR or SSR to UR. I think the stage that drops them has type restrictions though.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:09 am

You're in luck. The Battle of Gods story mission just came back this morning! :thumbup:

The Dokkans for the PHY Super Saiyan God Goku that you get from White Hot Face-Off Goku is also available right now, and the INT Buffku is supposed to get his pretty soon.

Apologies for the double post. I couldn't edit my old one

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:25 am

So... getting to work on that LR Mr. Satan.
Hidden potential still works the same with LRs, right? Because that means buying 500,000,000 zeni's worth of awakening medals to get five of the guy... not that I'm lacking in the money department (I have >100m right now). Main problem is how many days it'll take to buy it all.
I've been working on the potential of my Vegito Blue, too. I only have two of the five cards, though. And since I'm doing F2P... yeah that's not gonna happen anytime soon.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:32 am

Alruneia wrote:So... getting to work on that LR Mr. Satan.
Hidden potential still works the same with LRs, right? Because that means buying 500,000,000 zeni's worth of awakening medals to get five of the guy... not that I'm lacking in the money department (I have >100m right now). Main problem is how many days it'll take to buy it all.
I've been working on the potential of my Vegito Blue, too. I only have two of the five cards, though. And since I'm doing F2P... yeah that's not gonna happen anytime soon.
He's not worth putting dupes into, you go for free routes and SA10, but there are many better TEQ units that deserve the orbs.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:33 am

Tribesman wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:On a related note, look like we're getting the LR Hercule cards in a couple of days with some 777 event.
I never knew I needed something so badly until I heard about it......

I have been trying to slowly slog through the LR Goku event. TAKES SO LONG. Hopefully the card will be aight.
LR Goku is okay, but he's more of a support for Super TEQ. He becomes a beast when TEQ SSJ3 Angel Goku hits global.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:11 pm

It does work the same, you only need to spend 40M for the duplicates to Dokkan Awaken once and unlock the paths.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:02 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
It does work the same, you only need to spend 40M for the duplicates to Dokkan Awaken once and unlock the paths.
Oh yeah... completely forgot that it stays after Dokkan awakening. I'm still new to this part of the game.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:54 pm

Yeah, it works exactly the same. Your best option is to unlock all four paths in his SSR->UR stage and they'll carry over to all of his following Dokkans. They only need 10 medals each so you're looking at 50 million zeni.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:05 pm

So after losing my account (a mediocre one) one year ago and never looking back on starting another, I finally decided to give Dokkan another shot yesterday.

With the 128 free stones they give out I do a few singles on the Anniversary banner but can't pull crap.

I grind a bit of story in order to rank up and after I build back the lost stones decide to try out the Max AGL banner, hoping for a few decent SSRs for the time being, instead of trying to go for God leads right of the bat.

First multi gave me freaking LR Majin Vegeta! The other two discount ones give me 4 other SSRs! (Goten, Xeno Trunks, Future Mai and SSJ2 Goku) Enough to build a team good enough to stomp the early game, though nowhere near good enough to try harder events. I am very happy right now :D

Hope the event comes back to get the medals and awaken Vegeta to UR soon. Most of the team's problems come from only starting with 4 Ki (if that, since I can't always find Vegeta/Vegetto friends at my low level) Once he gives out 6, I'll be set to take on hard events and get him to LR.

Hope I manage something out in the Tournament (was 11th in local when I stopped playing so maybe I get enough for an LR Piccolo if i keep up) and the GSSR gives me something good too, though I'm more concerned with maxing Bulma out since her event is ending soon. Gives a nice chunck of XP too, so at my low rank I don't have to worry much about stamina :D
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:47 pm

Did more summons on the MAX PHY banner then I probably should. 8 multi's and only 3 SSR's. Only good one being SealTenks. Still got stones left and I want that Buu so I might keep going after Coola comes out if I have some stones left.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:06 am

So far I've cleared the tournament 30 times and lost once at a win streak of 27. Miscounted my ki going against a Fat Buu and got supered. I'm only after the SSR tickets anyway. I've gotten TEQ SS2 Gohan, TEQ SSB Vegeta (the nuker version), and TEQ GT Vegeta. My villain team has really been cleaning house with a friend LR Broly. I was talking smack about my own STR Broly a few posts back but he's really proven himself as a decent substitute for the LR on difficulties 15 and under, especially on a double Rose team to rake in the ki.