"Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle" Official Discussion Thread

Post by sintzu » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:27 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:LR Vegito's assets were datamined from the latest update:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Woah baby! :o
What is it what is it what is it ? the image is broken.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:48 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:I'm gonna take a guess and say that pulling Ultra Instict Goku is a good thing... Right?
Absolutely, if you have the right team for him. As alakazam said, once he dokkans to TUR he'll be even better
Yeah, already noticed he hits a fuckton more than any other member of my deck.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:42 pm

sintzu wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

The image must have been taken down. Here: https://twitter.com/HydrosPlays/status/ ... 0414575619

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:55 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
sintzu wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

The image must have been taken down. Here: https://twitter.com/HydrosPlays/status/ ... 0414575619
That does look amazing.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:38 am

I'm curious, does anyone know why they don't release certain cards, instead keeping them unplayable? For instance someone like Mamba or Monster Carrot/Boss Rabbit?

I'm confused by this cause i don't see the harm in making these characters playable, especially since they were already made and in game.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:16 pm

Ilikepictures-meh wrote:I'm curious, does anyone know why they don't release certain cards, instead keeping them unplayable? For instance someone like Mamba or Monster Carrot/Boss Rabbit?

I'm confused by this cause i don't see the harm in making these characters playable, especially since they were already made and in game.
Monster Carrot is playable. He drops from the Rabbit Mob special event.

They might make some of them playable eventually. INT Hit's TUR form was originally a boss card that was re-used as a dokkan awakenin. LR SS3 Goku's SSR base Goku was also a boss card previously.

The characters have sprites in-game and but they'd have to create proper stats, hidden potential, links and all that jazz. The NPC characters don't have any of that stuff like PCs do.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:59 am

They just announced a new BoG story event with a farmable SS2 Vegeta. Right now it's a global exclusive event.

Fingers crossed for a farmable Beerus in there too :thumbup:

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:48 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:They just announced a new BoG story event with a farmable SS2 Vegeta. Right now it's a global exclusive event.

Fingers crossed for a farmable Beerus in there too :thumbup:
Well, it's not SSJ2 Vegeta, it's base Vegeta who turns into SSJ2 Vegeta & Bulma. Farmable for the SSJ2 Vegeta in the new summon table once he also becomes a SSJ2 Vegeta & Bulma.

Both counter normal attacks, so if you wanted a countering unit, they're good options (the Super STR one that goes TUR is definitely part of my main team now, it's so good. Will work well together with LR Vegetto Blue when that finally comes out). So yeah, back to back insanely good Super STRs.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:35 pm

Mewzard wrote:Both counter normal attacks,
Note well: they DON'T have damage reduction, they take full damages by normal attacks THEN counter

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:10 am

I finally got two of the new INT Beerus on my last multi-summon on that banner. Phew! I was afraid this would be another STR Pikkon situation and I'd get everything on the banner but him. :D

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:12 pm

Taking on those Dokkan Event for the first time so I can LR the androids. Funnily enough, I find the ones that have been hyped up as hard easier than the ones the internet tells me are easier...

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:52 am

Kanassa wrote:Taking on those Dokkan Event for the first time so I can LR the androids. Funnily enough, I find the ones that have been hyped up as hard easier than the ones the internet tells me are easier...
If you have any of the 120 or category leads you can plow through any of the Dokkan events needed for the LR Androids easily. The hardest ones are the new Super2 stages for Janemba and Gohan. Janemba's a real piece of shit with his dodging mechanic.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:27 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Kanassa wrote:Taking on those Dokkan Event for the first time so I can LR the androids. Funnily enough, I find the ones that have been hyped up as hard easier than the ones the internet tells me are easier...
If you have any of the 120 or category leads you can plow through any of the Dokkan events needed for the LR Androids easily. The hardest ones are the new Super2 stages for Janemba and Gohan. Janemba's a real piece of shit with his dodging mechanic.
I have no LRs and I don't really have the right characters for a good Team Leader bonus... I really felt that hit as after posting that I fought Ultimate Gohan. Took three dragon stones to survive and I only got 3 out of seven for it :D

Any advice on some specific characters I should be aiming to get? Then again, I suppose any character that's useful is in the RNG Summons.

Kanassa wrote:

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:14 pm

Kanassa wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
I have no LRs and I don't really have the right characters for a good Team Leader bonus... I really felt that hit as after posting that I fought Ultimate Gohan. Took three dragon stones to survive and I only got 3 out of seven for it :D

Any advice on some specific characters I should be aiming to get? Then again, I suppose any character that's useful is in the RNG Summons.
You can actually build a very powerful TEQ team that's entirely free-to-play. For the optimal team you'd need the Baba shop Krillin (the one in Piccolo's outfit), LR Goku, LR Hercule, SS3 Angel Goku (dokkans from the Epic Showdown R Goku), Candy Vegito from Buu's halloween event and the Bulma from the Mr Right event. If you don't have Vegito or Bulma the Super Strike Jackie Chun is really useful because he seals Super attacks. LR Hercule is super easy to get now that his tournament event is daily. It just takes a while.

If you want to post your box I'd be happy to offer advice!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:59 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote: If you have any of the 120 or category leads you can plow through any of the Dokkan events needed for the LR Androids easily. The hardest ones are the new Super2 stages for Janemba and Gohan. Janemba's a real piece of shit with his dodging mechanic.

You can actually build a very powerful TEQ team that's entirely free-to-play. For the optimal team you'd need the Baba shop Krillin (the one in Piccolo's outfit), LR Goku, LR Hercule, SS3 Angel Goku (dokkans from the Epic Showdown R Goku), Candy Vegito from Buu's halloween event and the Bulma from the Mr Right event. If you don't have Vegito or Bulma the Super Strike Jackie Chun is really useful because he seals Super attacks. LR Hercule is super easy to get now that his tournament event is daily. It just takes a while.

Well, these are the characters I have at the moment:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Kanassa wrote:

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:03 pm

Kanassa wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Kanassa wrote: I have no LRs and I don't really have the right characters for a good Team Leader bonus... I really felt that hit as after posting that I fought Ultimate Gohan. Took three dragon stones to survive and I only got 3 out of seven for it :D

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Right now it looks like your best bets are a mixed AGL team or a Hybrid Saiyans team. For AGL, you'd use Kaioken Goku as your lead, along with Janemba, Syn, Super Saiyan Goku, the Androids, and I'd highly recommend farming the new AGL Vegeta from the new story event to SA10 and opening all four of his paths. I think that's going away soon so you might want to make it a high priority. Since it's a mixed team, you'd need to use Super Vegito or Great Saiyaman as a friend for full effect. You'll need to dokkan them, but Shenron, Janemba and SS Goku will provide excellent support once you awaken them to make up for Kaioken Goku's lack of ki in his leader skill.

For Mixed Saiyans, you'd use Gohan, INT Trunks, TEQ GT Trunks, Xeno Trunks, TEQ Future Gohan and Bee Pan. You could also farm either of the Super Strike Gotenks cards for an additional unit. You can grab some medals to dokkan that GT Trunks from the Black Star Dragon Balls story event.

If you're not keen on summoning, my advice would be to farm all the free units from the Super Strike and story events to give yourself some more diverse team options.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:26 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote: You can actually build a very powerful TEQ team that's entirely free-to-play. For the optimal team you'd need the Baba shop Krillin (the one in Piccolo's outfit), LR Goku, LR Hercule, SS3 Angel Goku (dokkans from the Epic Showdown R Goku), Candy Vegito from Buu's halloween event and the Bulma from the Mr Right event. If you don't have Vegito or Bulma the Super Strike Jackie Chun is really useful because he seals Super attacks. LR Hercule is super easy to get now that his tournament event is daily. It just takes a while.

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Right now it looks like your best bets are a mixed AGL team or a Hybrid Saiyans team. For AGL, you'd use Kaioken Goku as your lead, along with Janemba, Syn, Super Saiyan Goku, the Androids, and I'd highly recommend farming the new AGL Vegeta from the new story event to SA10 and opening all four of his paths. I think that's going away soon so you might want to make it a high priority. Since it's a mixed team, you'd need to use Super Vegito or Great Saiyaman as a friend for full effect. You'll need to dokkan them, but Shenron, Janemba and SS Goku will provide excellent support once you awaken them to make up for Kaioken Goku's lack of ki in his leader skill.

For Mixed Saiyans, you'd use Gohan, INT Trunks, TEQ GT Trunks, Xeno Trunks, TEQ Future Gohan and Bee Pan. You could also farm either of the Super Strike Gotenks cards for an additional unit. You can grab some medals to dokkan that GT Trunks from the Black Star Dragon Balls story event.

If you're not keen on summoning, my advice would be to farm all the free units from the Super Strike and story events to give yourself some more diverse team options.
Thanks, I think I'll try getting that Vegeta.

Though, does this mean that STR Trunks I just dokkanned is useless? :D

Kanassa wrote:

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:47 pm

Kanassa wrote:Thanks, I think I'll try getting that Vegeta.

You're welcome! AGL SS2 Vegeta and Bulma is great. It's the only F2P unit with counters. STR Trunks isn't useless at all, you just can't use him on the same team as the INT Trunks due to the same name and that Trunks is supposed to get a dokkan awakening soon into this guy: http://dbz-dokkanbattle.wikia.com/wiki/ ... s_(Future) In fact, you'd probably be better off using the STR Trunks until then. He's a little bit stronger, fires early super attacks and his passive works better for Dokkan events.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:57 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Kanassa wrote:Thanks, I think I'll try getting that Vegeta.

You're welcome! AGL SS2 Vegeta and Bulma is great. It's the only F2P unit with counters. STR Trunks isn't useless at all, you just can't use him on the same team as the INT Trunks due to the same name and that Trunks is supposed to get a dokkan awakening soon into this guy: http://dbz-dokkanbattle.wikia.com/wiki/ ... s_(Future) In fact, you'd probably be better off using the STR Trunks until then. He's a little bit stronger, fires early super attacks and his passive works better for Dokkan events.
Ah, good to know.

Right now, the drop rate is killing me on this Vegeta stuff. Haven't even gotten the base character to drop yet :D

Kanassa wrote:

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:54 pm

Kanassa wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:

For future RNG summons we have SSj3 Broly, he's the Villains TEQ leader, of the leads which give 120% he's easily the worst. Next will most likely be INT Golden Freeza Angel. He's the lead for characters in the "Revived Warriors" category, he's a great unit but it will depend on what other units are on his banner. After him will be PHY Super Vegetto, this is what I'm currently saving for as he's the Majin Buu Saga Category leader, meaning any character from the Majin Buu Saga will get a boost under him, his banner on Japan's version was great with it having both him and SSj3 Gotenks. That STR Ultimate Gohan you have is able to be used with his team too. Next is SSj3 Bardock who is the SSj3 Category lead, his team is basically any SSj3 unit. Finally is what Japan is about to get, a dual LR Dokkanfest where there will be 2 banners. A LR Super Gogeta and an LR Super Vegetto, being leads for Fusion Dance and Potara units respectively. These 5 banners will release in around the next 6 months for the global version of the game. If you're free to play at this game I recommend only summoning on the Dokkanfest banners and banners that have discounts (Such as 30 stone multi summons). The Dokkanfest banners are where the real best units are, right now I'm saving every stone I can for that PHY Super Vegetto banner in another month or two.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/