"Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

UltraPrimus22
Not-So-Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle" Official Discussion Thread

Post by UltraPrimus22 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:40 pm

No stats yet, but iSeriously on Twitter did datamine the sprite sheet assets for the INT "Saiyan Elite Broly", along with his Base Form and Enraged Super Attacks. Once again, Akatsuki's newer Super Attacks are looking extra extravagant, and that's for the better. Seeing as video games like Dokkan tend to adapt scenes ahead of their official release, I wouldn't be surprised if Broly (Enraged)'s SA is the result of his battle against Vegeta.

Broly (Base Form)
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Broly (Enraged)
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:24 am

They're being awfully hush hush about the card we're getting from this event. The INT card that was datamined appears to be a boss card. He has 1 team cost, no leader and no passive. Broly's event was found to drop PHY orbs and training items. I think it'll be a PHY version of this INT Broly. Those SAs have quotes and as far as I know boss/enemy cards don't.

UltraPrimus22
Not-So-Newbie

Post by UltraPrimus22 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:04 am

(Un)fortunately, as some predicted, the Broly (Saiyan Exile) EZA event does not offer a Broly card or even Awakening Medels. Instead, completing each level gives Potential Orbs (about 34,050 in total) of each type and a Dragon Stone. There are also some new missions listed below:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:21 pm

The orbs, stones, and Sleepy Kais are nice, I suppose. I am quite disappointed in the lack of a card and I'm going to be very skeptical of any future EZA events or movie events they announce regardless of the fact that they will almost certainly release a playable version of that card in the future either as a movie story event reward or, probably more likely, a summonable SR. They should have just told people in the initial announcement or on the Dokkan twitter what the event was going to be since every other EZB event up to this point has had both an awakening and an opportunity to obtain the related card.

According to the Dokkan sub, it looks like JP is getting a new event with a farmable SR Bardock that can Dokkan as well as a new awakening for Great Ape Tora.

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:31 pm

Potential orbs and Dragon Stones are always great, but I can't say I'm not disappointed. I expected much better things from this. I'm only happy that Dokkan was the first to show us the new Broly shooting a green beam from his mouth. Can't wait to see him trashing everyone in December movie.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:56 pm

Wow, it actually looks like the 250 million downloads celebration is coming! Seems like people have been clamoring for that since I started playing last year. We'll get 1 ticket for every 50 stones spent since July of last year, I think. There's also going to be another competition between Global and JP. The winner gets an STR Super Saiyan Goku, the loser gets a PHY Final Form Frieza. I imagine it'll be pretty similar to the Yamcha/Vegeta thing and the cards will be virtually identical in terms of function. There's also a new FTP AGL Piccolo that's given out as a log-in reward that can EZA and he can transform (merge with Nail). This is more like it! :thumbup:

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:39 pm

Boy oh boy, we're in for busy weeks ahead! https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattl ... d_8202018/
Starting tomorrow on Global, we're getting a new Friend Point LR (Super PHY Great Saiyaman 1+2), the Kid Gohan EZA and Wrath of the Dragon story events come back, and missions begin for the Family Kamehameha EZAs. There's a new WT coming Friday with an AGL Hit as the reward for top 20k as well as LR Tien and Chiaozu being added as the local ranking reward in place of LR Piccolo. The new summon animation tickets are active in the database so it looks like we might be getting those on global sometime between now and the 28th, which is when the 250 mil downloads celebration is expected to start. There are also 3 sets of Porunga wishes coming up!

UltraPrimus22
Not-So-Newbie

Post by UltraPrimus22 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:34 pm

Thankfully the Friend Points well wasn't dried up on my end, 'cause I was able to get the necessary 24 dupes for the lovely Great Saiyaman duo! The drop rate is surprisingly really good, almost to the point where you can get multiple dupes in one summon!

Global users also have a chance at voting for the next Dokkan Festival unit, until September 3rd. The theming is centered around Universe 6, and one must choose one of the following characters to hold the spot: Hit, Caulifla, or Kale.

Some people theorize that, due to the upcoming "Warriors of Universe 7" LR Category Leader Goku and Freeza coming, the chosen Universe 6 candidate might be its equal. It would make sense. I've been considering the notion for a while, but Dokkan Global does a good job tying Super's story events and releases based on the Toonami airing schedule dub.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:06 pm

The new friend system filter has been a godsend. I've been able to find all the AGL Turles and Rose friends I could ever want! :thumbup:

I wouldn't advise chasing the reward AGL Hit too hard unless you really like Hit or absolutely need cards for USS/Extreme AGL. He's just a watered down version of the INT TUR and doesn't do anything the STR and INT versions don't do better. I wish we got the Goku Black JP is getting instead. Alas.

As expected, the Goku and Frieza from the upcoming JP vs Global contest are virtually identical in terms of stats and abilities. I'm glad that the loser doesn't get left out in the cold with a shittier card on these things. Bamco/Akatsuki are sorely mistaken if they think I won't use a new Frieza just because he has derpy art. :P

I really hope I'm able to pull at least the new Freeza's on the upcoming banner. I typically don't have very good luck pulling cards on their debut banners except UI Goku. I had to spend more than 1000 stones to get a single copy of the new Rose and Vegito and I didn't get any copies of Vegito or Gogeta. It's a little discouraging when your friends list is full of them. :(

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:50 pm

I’m unlucky with getting units on debut banners too. Only time I pulled a unit when they came out was STR Gogeta (who is now rainbowed) and SSJ4 Goku.

From the Jp leaks were getting VB and Rose back, hopefully it’s the same for global. I didn’t get either one of them on their banner so I hope I can get at least of them. Kinda care about them more than Goku and Freeza

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:52 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:I’m unlucky with getting units on debut banners too. Only time I pulled a unit when they came out was STR Gogeta (who is now rainbowed) and SSJ4 Goku.

From the Jp leaks were getting VB and Rose back, hopefully it’s the same for global. I didn’t get either one of them on their banner so I hope I can get at least of them. Kinda care about them more than Goku and Freeza
We most likely will. The units that are in question for the Global banners are Turles and SSBE Vegeta. Turles still has a good chance of being there since SS4 Goku came out right before 200 million and was on that banner too. SSBE Vegeta most likely not since his banner debuted new units like Dyspo and Super Ribrianne. The current speculation is that he'll be replaced by PHY Super Vegito (the Buu Saga leader), SS4 Vegeta or SS3 Bardock. I REALLY hope it's Bardock, but on the other hand I want to pull on Frieza's banner more. Decisions, decisions. :P

Also it looks like I'm a hypocrite since I ended the WT around 13k. Once I got to 30 million points I saw I was under the 20k cut-off to get Hit, so I said screw it and decided to go for him. :lol:

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:06 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:I’m unlucky with getting units on debut banners too. Only time I pulled a unit when they came out was STR Gogeta (who is now rainbowed) and SSJ4 Goku.

We most likely will. The units that are in question for the Global banners are Turles and SSBE Vegeta. Turles still has a good chance of being there since SS4 Goku came out right before 200 million and was on that banner too. SSBE Vegeta most likely not since his banner debuted new units like Dyspo and Super Ribrianne. The current speculation is that he'll be replaced by PHY Super Vegito (the Buu Saga leader), SS4 Vegeta or SS3 Bardock. I REALLY hope it's Bardock, but on the other hand I want to pull on Frieza's banner more. Decisions, decisions. :P

Also it looks like I'm a hypocrite since I ended the WT around 13k. Once I got to 30 million points I saw I was under the 20k cut-off to get Hit, so I said screw it and decided to go for him. :lol:
Yup. I skipped Turles too so if I make out well on the Heroes banner ill hop over to the villains to try my luck. I'd prefer SSJ3 Bardock too, as I have both PHY Super Vegito and SSJ4 Vegeta.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:38 am

Ticket banner is out now. Got two dupes of UI Goku so now I have a rainbow! Yay! :D

Mugman

Post by Mugman » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:55 am

I made like a damn robber on the ticket banner. Got 2 PHY SSJ3 Gotenks dupes, which is always nice, a INT Kid Buu, and 2 Lrs (Majeta and Black&Zamasu).

Majin Vegeta was probably my favorite pull, he's made me want to run Buu Saga and now my Buu Saga team is super fun and feels really good to use. I think almost every unit on my Buu Saga team has at least 1 dupe except for Majin Vegeta, which is kinda funny. I realize that this is kind of a bragging post, but eh, whatever.
Trunks is cool!

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:38 am

Transforming Goku and Frieza come out tomorrow! Still no word about who will replace SSBE Vegeta and possibly Turles on Global. I hate the day before a big banner. I keep second guessing what I'm gonna do. :lol:

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:34 pm

The banners are up now. SSBE Vegeta was replaced by INT Gogeta and Turles was replaced by Super 17. I just spent 450 stones across both banners and didn't get either of the new transforming cards or the STR Frieza that I wanted. That really killed my enthusiasm. :(

I did get the new Kaioken Goku with a dupe, plus dupes of Rose, Cooler and the two Golden Freeza's, and enough dupes to rainbow star SSB Kaioken Goku, Super Kaioken Goku (Angel), TEQ Super Buu, and AGL Future 18, so that's not all bad, I suppose. The category leads are much better cards and now I have a really stacked Super PHY! :thumbup:

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:09 pm

I just got this new transforming Goku with my last 150 stones on the second multi. Hype!
Time to save again.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:06 am

The LR Goku and Frieza banner is supposed to come out later today. Global is getting Dyspo and Super Ribrianne early but you'll need to wait for SSBE Vegeta's dokkan event to awaken him. In addition, Jiren's EZB, the Young Rangers story event and all the Tournament of Power story events are live except for the event that dropped STR Ribrianne.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:23 am

Looks like that new Super Buu is going be an an Extreme STR dokkan fest unit that transforms into Buuccolo, Buutenks or Buuhan under unknown conditions. No word about his category yet either. Buuccolo uses Special Beam Cannon, Buutenks Kamehameha and Buuhan Super Ghost Kamikaze attack. Wouldn't be surprised if they're recycled like Goku and Frieza.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:34 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Looks like that new Super Buu is going be an an Extreme STR dokkan fest unit that transforms into Buuccolo, Buutenks or Buuhan under unknown conditions. No word about his category yet either. Buuccolo uses Special Beam Cannon, Buutenks Kamehameha and Buuhan Super Ghost Kamikaze attack. Wouldn't be surprised if they're recycled like Goku and Frieza.
It was datamined that he is the 'Ascended Transformation' category leader. Basically for the final forms of each character. No idea how it will differ from the 'Full Power' category, as I imagine there would be a lot of overlap.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW