"Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle" Official Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:17 am

Well, I did a multi-summon on Broly's banner in hopes of getting SS4 Vegeta...and I got Broly instead! Dang it! That Vegeta continues to elude me. :lol: I really need him for my Shadow Dragons team.

GeeksetPodcast

Post by GeeksetPodcast » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:28 am

Any clue on when they will bring back the Vegeta that can be LR'd? been waiting for this campaign to return and sheesh i havent seen it in a while
Geekset Podcast - The only podcast that blends Geek Culture & Hip-Hop Culture.

Available on:
Apple Podcast
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/gee ... 28262?mt=2

Soundcloud
https://soundcloud.com/geeksetpodcast

Spreaker
https://www.spreaker.com/show/geekset

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:56 am

GeeksetPodcast wrote:Any clue on when they will bring back the Vegeta that can be LR'd? been waiting for this campaign to return and sheesh i havent seen it in a while
You mean the AGL Majin Vegeta? He's on most Dokkan Fest banners, Rising Dragon Carnivals and the MAX AGL banner, he's just hard to pull.

How'd everyone do in the World Tournament. I went harder than usual and ended up 3 locally, around 4,100 overall. First time I've ever gotten the reward card. I didn't even want him, but I was in the top 5000 after getting all the points rewards, so I decided what the heck. :lol:

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:50 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
GeeksetPodcast wrote:Any clue on when they will bring back the Vegeta that can be LR'd? been waiting for this campaign to return and sheesh i havent seen it in a while
You mean the AGL Majin Vegeta? He's on most Dokkan Fest banners, Rising Dragon Carnivals and the MAX AGL banner, he's just hard to pull.

How'd everyone do in the World Tournament. I went harder than usual and ended up 3 locally, around 4,100 overall. First time I've ever gotten the reward card. I didn't even want him, but I was in the top 5000 after getting all the points rewards, so I decided what the heck. :lol:
Not Dokkanfest. Summonable LR's are not on Dokkan fest banners, but are on every other banner with usually a 0.03% chance of pulling one.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:28 pm

NintendoBlaze53 wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:

Not Dokkanfest. Summonable LR's are not on Dokkan fest banners, but are on every other banner with usually a 0.03% chance of pulling one.
You're right, I had that backward. I knew they were on one but not the other. :lol:

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:51 am

So, decided to do a summon on the LR Trunks banner. Hit summon and got two spaceships and SSJ2 Goku. Figured I'd get crap. Then this happened:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Needless to say, I legit screamed :lol:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:03 am

How useful is PHY Champa? Because no matter how high the game says his stats are he always seems to be the character who hits and takes less.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:27 am

Kanassa wrote:How useful is PHY Champa? Because no matter how high the game says his stats are he always seems to be the character who hits and takes less.
He's heavily considered one of the worst SSR'S in the game.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:51 am

NintendoBlaze53 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:How useful is PHY Champa? Because no matter how high the game says his stats are he always seems to be the character who hits and takes less.
Good to know...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:05 am

Kanassa wrote:
NintendoBlaze53 wrote:
Good to know...
Yeah, unfortunately he's pretty terrible. He doesn't link well with anyone, not even Beerus or the other cards on a Real of Gods team. :(

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:09 am

This game upsets me so much. Saving over 200 stones for Super Vegetto's banner as him, both Gotenks, and both Kid Buu's are all units I've never pulled. I also needed only one more Buuhan to rainbow him. So I was hyped. Well after all those summons I came out with 3 Buuhan's and 3 TEQ Gotenks. 2 of those Buuhan's are worthless and and a pure waste. I only wanted one TEQ Gotenks for collection and wanted PHY Gotenks WAY more. I am so upset at this stupid game.

This also takes away all hype for LR Goku and Vegeta for me as I like Vegetto more then Gogeta, however on his dual Dokkan banner, 2 of the featured units I have rainbow, AGL Vegetto and Buuhan, with me only needing one more PHY Vegetto Blue dupe. TEQ Vegetto Blue's banner looks much nicer since it'll be my next chance for PHY SSj3 Gotenks. And even if I can't get him, there's the purple stone. If we get more free stones I'll keep trying on this banner, this is my best chance to get my two favorite cards in the game with PHY Super Vegetto and PHY SSj3 Gotenks. I'm also desperate for a category leader. After this banner I'll save for either TEQ Vegetto Blue and LR Angel Goku and Vegeta.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:27 am

LR Vegiti Blue comes out tomorrow, but there's a catch. To complete the missions for the remaining 48 potara medals you need to have 6 characters of each type with the Fierce Battle link.

Thankfully the F2P Future Trunks gets his Dokkan next week because I'm one short on INT.

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:58 am

Is there anything worse then being 300 stones deep in a banner as a F2P, pulling 4 Buuhan's, making 8 pulled total in my lifespan on this game. Wanting any feature unit other then INT Buuhan and TEQ Gotenks. Trying for Super Vegetto. Not getting him again. Then immediately getting a text from a friend showing the PHY Super Vegetto he just pulled? This game.... Why do I play this game...

One thing this has taught me is if you're F2P don't bother saving for specific units. Just summon on Dokkanfests here and there, see what ya get and be happy with that. Don't ever get excited for a specific unit cause you won't end up getting him and will instead get units just as worthless as rares.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:31 pm

NintendoBlaze53 wrote:Is there anything worse then being 300 stones deep in a banner as a F2P, pulling 4 Buuhan's, making 8 pulled total in my lifespan on this game. Wanting any feature unit other then INT Buuhan and TEQ Gotenks. Trying for Super Vegetto. Not getting him again. Then immediately getting a text from a friend showing the PHY Super Vegetto he just pulled? This game.... Why do I play this game...

One thing this has taught me is if you're F2P don't bother saving for specific units. Just summon on Dokkanfests here and there, see what ya get and be happy with that. Don't ever get excited for a specific unit cause you won't end up getting him and will instead get units just as worthless as rares.
I wonder if they upped the rate of Buuhan on this banner? I've heard a lot of people say they've pulled multiple dupes of him off this banner. I very rarely get a festival unit off their initial banner. In my experience they come much easier whenever they reappear on another banner.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:14 pm

There's a big standee display advertising Dokkan at my local Acme; it's got ssj1 Goku on it. I don't play Dokkan (I tried a long while back, but it really overheated my phone so I ended up uninstalling it), but I thought it was neat to see a Dragon Ball advertisement out in the real world for the first time in a while even as Super's coming to a close.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:15 pm

NintendoBlaze53 wrote:This game upsets me so much. Saving over 200 stones for Super Vegetto's banner as him, both Gotenks, and both Kid Buu's are all units I've never pulled. I also needed only one more Buuhan to rainbow him. So I was hyped. Well after all those summons I came out with 3 Buuhan's and 3 TEQ Gotenks. 2 of those Buuhan's are worthless and and a pure waste. I only wanted one TEQ Gotenks for collection and wanted PHY Gotenks WAY more. I am so upset at this stupid game.

This also takes away all hype for LR Goku and Vegeta for me as I like Vegetto more then Gogeta, however on his dual Dokkan banner, 2 of the featured units I have rainbow, AGL Vegetto and Buuhan, with me only needing one more PHY Vegetto Blue dupe. TEQ Vegetto Blue's banner looks much nicer since it'll be my next chance for PHY SSj3 Gotenks. And even if I can't get him, there's the purple stone. If we get more free stones I'll keep trying on this banner, this is my best chance to get my two favorite cards in the game with PHY Super Vegetto and PHY SSj3 Gotenks. I'm also desperate for a category leader. After this banner I'll save for either TEQ Vegetto Blue and LR Angel Goku and Vegeta.
Welcome to dokkan RNG. I’ve been playing since launch so I’ve had some true horror stories of my own. Stay F2P because as a former P2P it’s not worth it. I suggest only pulling special 3+1 banners to get the most out of your stones

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:21 am

Update. I pulled a 5th Buuhan. I don't know whether this banner is cursed or what?! Of the 7 featured SSR's, 6 of them I can use. 4 of them would he first time pulls and I badly want. Yet it's given me the one of those seven I can't use 4 times in this one banner in 300 or so stones. I've pulled him at a rate or 8% per summon. What. The. Hell.

In going in for this banner as it's worth it for what I want to get. Vegetto Blue and Goku Black have nothing I'm chasing aside from PHY SSJ3 Gotenks. Because I have a rainbow AGL Vegetto and Buuhan there is NO WAY I'll summon on LR INT Vegetto's banner. Leaving only LR PHY Gogeta, which has him, SSJ4 Gogeta and STR Janemba who I've never pulled. And I have no dupes for both INT and STR Gogeta. However I need PHY SSJ3 Gotenks if I manage to pull LR PHY Gogeta (Plus PHY SSJ3 Gotenks is my easily most wanted card in this game), maybe I'll become pay to play just to get him with the purple stone.

We still have 4 or 5 months till LR PHY Gogeta on global. Plenty of time to get 150 stones from login bonus. Should I keep summoning on Super Vegetto till he leaves March 1st or start saving now for LR Gogeta and SSJ4 Gogeta when they release July 7th? The 4 units I'm chasing on Super Vegetto's banner are him, PHY Gotenks, and both Kid Buu. TEQ Gotenks I need two more to rainbow and INT Gohan I have no dupes for. I just don't want to pull a 10th Buuhan.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:50 am

NintendoBlaze53 wrote:Update. I pulled a 5th Buuhan. I don't know whether this banner is cursed or what?! Of the 7 featured SSR's, 6 of them I can use. 4 of them would he first time pulls and I badly want. Yet it's given me the one of those seven I can't use 4 times in this one banner in 300 or so stones. I've pulled him at a rate or 8% per summon. What. The. Hell.

In going in for this banner as it's worth it for what I want to get. Vegetto Blue and Goku Black have nothing I'm chasing aside from PHY SSJ3 Gotenks. Because I have a rainbow AGL Vegetto and Buuhan there is NO WAY I'll summon on LR INT Vegetto's banner. Leaving only LR PHY Gogeta, which has him, SSJ4 Gogeta and STR Janemba who I've never pulled. And I have no dupes for both INT and STR Gogeta. However I need PHY SSJ3 Gotenks if I manage to pull LR PHY Gogeta (Plus PHY SSJ3 Gotenks is my easily most wanted card in this game), maybe I'll become pay to play just to get him with the purple stone.

We still have 4 or 5 months till LR PHY Gogeta on global. Plenty of time to get 150 stones from login bonus. Should I keep summoning on Super Vegetto till he leaves March 1st or start saving now for LR Gogeta and SSJ4 Gogeta when they release July 7th? The 4 units I'm chasing on Super Vegetto's banner are him, PHY Gotenks, and both Kid Buu. TEQ Gotenks I need two more to rainbow and INT Gohan I have no dupes for. I just don't want to pull a 10th Buuhan.
Save. Like I said only pull on 3+1 banners. Phy Vegito will be back

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:29 am

NintendoBlaze53 wrote:Update. I pulled a 5th Buuhan. I don't know whether this banner is cursed or what?! Of the 7 featured SSR's, 6 of them I can use. 4 of them would he first time pulls and I badly want. Yet it's given me the one of those seven I can't use 4 times in this one banner in 300 or so stones. I've pulled him at a rate or 8% per summon. What. The. Hell.

If you're having that kind of luck you're better off saving. PHY Gotenks will return on Bardock's banner next and Vegito will be back too. You never know when he might get stuck on a global banner. Plus we should have the 1000 day and 3 year celebrations coming up.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:10 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Well, I did a multi-summon on Broly's banner in hopes of getting SS4 Vegeta...and I got Broly instead! Dang it! That Vegeta continues to elude me. :lol: I really need him for my Shadow Dragons team.

Same although I didn’t even get Broly I got
Nothing on that banner. LOL

I did end up getting PHY Vegetto on my first single on his banner though so there is something.