"Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GeeksetPodcast

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle" Official Discussion Thread

Post by GeeksetPodcast » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:47 am

Is it worth it to LR the Android Twins? I dont want to waste time if they don't do damage
Geekset Podcast - The only podcast that blends Geek Culture & Hip-Hop Culture.

Available on:
Apple Podcast
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/gee ... 28262?mt=2

Soundcloud
https://soundcloud.com/geeksetpodcast

Spreaker
https://www.spreaker.com/show/geekset

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:30 am

GeeksetPodcast wrote:Is it worth it to LR the Android Twins? I dont want to waste time if they don't do damage
They're okay but not great. The LR Android campaign is supposed to be coming to Global soon so if you're going to do it I'd wait for that to get the rewards.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:57 am

It took a while, but my internet finally decided to stop DCing and let me download this. For a mobile game, I'm surprisingly enjoying it. I like building up different type dominant decks for specific missions. Though I've spent more time in the events and barely even touched the story quests.

I tried to do the 'Future of Despair' event, but apparently I need to have Trunks as a team member to do a certain mission. Am I relying on summons to get him or is he one of those characters who has a chance of being dropped in a quest/event?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:12 pm

Kanassa wrote:It took a while, but my internet finally decided to stop DCing and let me download this. For a mobile game, I'm surprisingly enjoying it. I like building up different type dominant decks for specific missions. Though I've spent more time in the events and barely even touched the story quests.

I tried to do the 'Future of Despair' event, but apparently I need to have Trunks as a team member to do a certain mission. Am I relying on summons to get him or is he one of those characters who has a chance of being dropped in a quest/event?
There is a INT Trunks and PHY Future Gohan that drop from that specific event that you need to have on your team.

What type of team do you run normally?

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:13 pm

GeeksetPodcast wrote:Is it worth it to LR the Android Twins? I dont want to waste time if they don't do damage
Yes. At 100% in dupe system they're insane on mono extreme.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:17 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:It took a while, but my internet finally decided to stop DCing and let me download this. For a mobile game, I'm surprisingly enjoying it. I like building up different type dominant decks for specific missions. Though I've spent more time in the events and barely even touched the story quests.

There is a INT Trunks and PHY Future Gohan that drop from that specific event that you need to have on your team.
I have the Gohan and a Young Trunks, but the mission is asking for Super Saiyan Teen Trunks. Is there a specific stage on the event I can farm?
Usually, I have a mix of all the types. Right now now my main team is composed of SS Goku - AGL, Yamcha - TEQ, Ultimate Gohan - STR, Android 16 - STR, Mecha Frieza - PHY and SS Vegeta - INT. Yamcha is the only TEQ drop I've gotten other than Cell Jr and Saibamen. Wouldn't complain though, he absolutely murdered Beerus when I played through the BoG event.

Other decks I have comprise of different combinations I edited for missions where I could get type advantages, I have an STR Deck, a INT/PHY Deck, a AGL/STR Deck, ect.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:00 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:

I have the Gohan and a Young Trunks, but the mission is asking for Super Saiyan Teen Trunks. Is there a specific stage on the event I can farm?
Usually, I have a mix of all the types. Right now now my main team is composed of SS Goku - AGL, Yamcha - TEQ, Ultimate Gohan - STR, Android 16 - STR, Mecha Frieza - PHY and SS Vegeta - INT. Yamcha is the only TEQ drop I've gotten other than Cell Jr and Saibamen. Wouldn't complain though, he absolutely murdered Beerus when I played through the BoG event.

Other decks I have comprise of different combinations I edited for missions where I could get type advantages, I have an STR Deck, a INT/PHY Deck, a AGL/STR Deck, ect.
Yeah, I highly recommend doing the story first and getting some stones for the Ultra Instinct Banner, You wont get very far at all with all SRs and the worst SSR in the game. STR Gohan should be your leader. There's 3x exp so at a low rank it's almost a guaranteed rank up for team cost and stamina which is essential moving forward

And Trunks requires like 7 of a few different medals from his event, each on a different stage.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:12 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's impossible to gather all 30 awakening medals (Potaras) for the LR Vegito card, right? If it is possible, I'd like to know how.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Lunatic Fringe
Regular

Post by Lunatic Fringe » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:49 pm

I was finally able to pull UI Goku after Lord knows how many stones and Christmas tickets. :lol:

Along the way, I managed to pull quite a few banner cards; 2 INT SSB Vegetas, 3 PHY SSB Vegettos, 3 AGL Goku Black Rosés, 1 INT Gogeta, 1 TEQ Beerus, and 5 INT Kid Buus. Pretty good haul for someone who just recently came back into playing.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:45 pm

Alruneia wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's impossible to gather all 30 awakening medals (Potaras) for the LR Vegito card, right? If it is possible, I'd like to know how.
You can only get 21 right now.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:25 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Yeah, I highly recommend doing the story first and getting some stones for the Ultra Instinct Banner, You wont get very far at all with all SRs and the worst SSR in the game. STR Gohan should be your leader. There's 3x exp so at a low rank it's almost a guaranteed rank up for team cost and stamina which is essential moving forward

And Trunks requires like 7 of a few different medals from his event, each on a different stage.
Yeah, I figured the Trunks thing out after looking through Wiki articles. It's easy enough to get most of the medals, but getting 18's is stressful. no matter how many times I do the stage, all I get is 17's :D

Also, I've pulled Chorona - Phy, Fat Janemba - Agl and Buutenks - Str. These any good?

Kanassa wrote:

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:43 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote: Yeah, I highly recommend doing the story first and getting some stones for the Ultra Instinct Banner, You wont get very far at all with all SRs and the worst SSR in the game. STR Gohan should be your leader. There's 3x exp so at a low rank it's almost a guaranteed rank up for team cost and stamina which is essential moving forward

Yeah, I figured the Trunks thing out after looking through Wiki articles. It's easy enough to get most of the medals, but getting 18's is stressful. no matter how many times I do the stage, all I get is 17's :D

Also, I've pulled Chorona - Phy, Fat Janemba - Agl and Buutenks - Str. These any good?
The most important thing in Dokkan team building is your leader skills. That STR Ultimate Gohan is a Dokkanfest unit and they always have the best leader skills. His leader skill powers up your "Hybrid Saiyan" category units, so if you want to make the best team you can based on what you've said, make him your leader and for the other 5 members run Gohan, Goten, Trunks, Gotenks and Pan units to get the max power.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:13 pm

Kanassa wrote:

AGL Janemba and STR Buutenks are decent at SA10 once you dokkan awaken them, both otherwise no.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:53 pm

Is Vegetto Blue the only character in the game with a counter attack? Because that is REALLY useful.

Kanassa wrote:

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:24 pm

Kanassa wrote:Is Vegetto Blue the only character in the game with a counter attack? Because that is REALLY useful.
Super Vegetto has them too. Also, the SSJ4s can Counter Super Attacks, but except for Gogeta, it's pretty unreliable.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:34 pm

Kanassa wrote:Is Vegetto Blue the only character in the game with a counter attack? Because that is REALLY useful.
No: Super Vegetto, too, counters all normal attack(and has a damage reduction of 80%)
SS4 Goku, SS4 Vegeta and SS2 Caulifla have a chance to DODGE and counter Super Attacks.

Note: Super Vegetto and Vegetto Blue counter also when\if they dodge(thogh there is no reason to sec them for that)

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:36 am

I'm gonna take a guess and say that pulling Ultra Instict Goku is a good thing... Right?

Kanassa wrote:

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:50 am

Kanassa wrote:I'm gonna take a guess and say that pulling Ultra Instict Goku is a good thing... Right?
He's one of the category leaders so that would be a yes, although they're waiting for the anime to give him a Dokkan Awakening and make him even better.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:58 pm

LR Vegito's assets were datamined from the latest update:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Woah baby! :o

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:13 pm

Kanassa wrote:I'm gonna take a guess and say that pulling Ultra Instict Goku is a good thing... Right?
Absolutely, if you have the right team for him. As alakazam said, once he dokkans to TUR he'll be even better