"Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Pluto » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:08 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Pluto wrote:i couldnt play the bloody game for the last week cause i switched phone and location (continent), and the bloody data download stops with error connections, this is bloody annoying.

no whatsoever tip out there has helped, none. any idea guys? I'm still backed up with facebook.
The only advice I was able to wring out of anybody is to go to a place with the best internet you can find and download it there. Not particularly helpful, I know. :?

The new Super Strike event is great. The cards have a 100% drop rate plus half stamina and boosted rank EXP. I was able to farm everything I need to SA15 Frieza, King Vegeta, Chilled and Android 16 today without using a single stone. :D
that is so annoying. those problems weren't around on v3.1.2, and i just moved to a remote job with satellite communication, known for drops ffs.\

anyone knows how to get a hold of the data manually?
In the year 42 of our god calendar, Zarma acquired a special patent for his original design.

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pluto » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:15 am

Bluestacks has the same bloody issue.

Every download goes well, until i transfer the user. It will stop on the region 2300/2900 out of 4710.
In the year 42 of our god calendar, Zarma acquired a special patent for his original design.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:04 am

Pluto wrote:Bluestacks has the same bloody issue.

Every download goes well, until i transfer the user. It will stop on the region 2300/2900 out of 4710.
I had this issue just recently. Here's what the Dokkan Battle subreddit told me:
The problem is with your internet connection. Change mobile data to wi-fi and vice versa, if after couple of tries it doesn't work you'll need to find another source of internet. Go to someone you know or find a hot spot. I had this problem many times and it always fixed itself when i changed to stable internet over 10 mb/s
That didn't work for me though. What I ended up having to do was play through the tutorial, let the post-tutorial download finish, then do my data transfer. The first download failed several times but it remembers its progress so it will finish. I don't know if that actually made any difference and I had to restart the data transfer 5 or 6 times, but maybe it's worth a shot?

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pluto » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:22 am

yup, the game does not seem to like satellite connections (who does).

seems like i have to part ways with this shit...I'm in the middle of the desert.

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pluto » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:27 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:What I ended up having to do was play through the tutorial, let the post-tutorial download finish, then do my data transfer. The first download failed several times but it remembers its progress so it will finish. I don't know if that actually made any difference and I had to restart the data transfer 5 or 6 times, but maybe it's worth a shot?
Thanks, this is actually doing it. dont mind the drops for as long as it resumes where it stopped.
Also, the game seems to crash if it's not played through a VPN-n Play Store, and thats bloody racist.

Thanks again, phew.

EDIT: They just dont want the game to be on where in-app purchasing doesnt work, that fucking pisses me off.

I made it through the tutorial, and after skipping i noticed that it mustve already downloaded a ton of stuff in the background cause i've found it on around 14xx/4344. BUT, it goes to 4344/4344, and says error in connection once fucking again.
Cleared all caches (both in-game and app settings), same shit.

Noticed an update is out (v3.3.1), NOTHING. so frustrating.

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:20 am

Holy crap, these super strike events have some great drop rates. Maxing INT Mecha Frieza is now a piece of cake.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:18 am

Mnich wrote:Holy crap, these super strike events have some great drop rates. Maxing INT Mecha Frieza is now a piece of cake.
I am pretty sure the drops are guaranteed, so if you have more characters you want to max, or some you never could get to, it's the perfect time to do it.

Also, don't bother awakening the base cards for the extra 5 levels. Just take your shot with the 50% chance. It saves tons of resources and if it fails, the grind only takes a couple of minutes to get a new second level 5 card so it's worth spending a bit more time, rather than losing medals and zeni.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:55 pm

You no longer need Super Strikes to fight LR Goku. Drop character are now also available. Happy day!

Teq Bulma from the "Looking for MR right" event is MVP in the fight with him now. So make sure you maxed her out.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:49 pm

Mnich wrote:Holy crap, these super strike events have some great drop rates. Maxing INT Mecha Frieza is now a piece of cake.
The Golden Frieza you get from him and the Final Form Frieza from The Evil Emperor of the Universe work great together with Chilled. Golden Frieza doesn't have Strongest Clan in Space for some reason though. :problem:
Boo Machine wrote:You no longer need Super Strikes to fight LR Goku. Drop character are now also available. Happy day!

Teq Bulma from the "Looking for MR right" event is MVP in the fight with him now. So make sure you maxed her out.
I don't know why that doesn't include the new INT Angel Goku. You could farm him on the Strongest in the Otherworld event. Maybe because he's only on Global?

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:01 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:You no longer need Super Strikes to fight LR Goku. Drop character are now also available. Happy day!

I don't know why that doesn't include the new INT Angel Goku. You could farm him on the Strongest in the Otherworld event. Maybe because he's only on Global?
Possibly. The only INT you need are 16 anyway. MAYBE Boss rabbit if you have him. But you can totally get by with a team of TEQ. The main 2 units that well help you are the TEQ Bulma and Jacki Chun Super strike.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:16 pm

Boo Machine wrote:Possibly. The only INT you need are 16 anyway. MAYBE Boss rabbit if you have him. But you can totally get by with a team of TEQ. The main 2 units that well help you are the TEQ Bulma and Jacki Chun Super strike.
You don't need him but I think he'd make things a lot easier. The guy is crazy strong for a free card and links well with Future Trunks. I have him 60% Potential Awakened and his attack and HP are both over 10,000.

I did take down stage 1 with a ragtag group of TEQ cards I threw together. Bulma, GT Goku, GT Gohan, Goku Black, Skinny Gotenks, Super Buu and a Jackie Chun friend.

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:28 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:Possibly. The only INT you need are 16 anyway. MAYBE Boss rabbit if you have him. But you can totally get by with a team of TEQ. The main 2 units that well help you are the TEQ Bulma and Jacki Chun Super strike.
You don't need him but I think he'd make things a lot easier. The guy is crazy strong for a free card and links well with Future Trunks. I have him 60% Potential Awakened and his attack and HP are both over 10,000.

I did take down stage 1 with a ragtag group of TEQ cards I threw together. Bulma, GT Goku, GT Gohan, Goku Black, Skinny Gotenks, Super Buu and a Jackie Chun friend.
I've yet to actually try an INT team so i couldn't say how well it works.

I wish I had bothered to get GT Baby Gohan, I think he does pretty good here.

But I've been able to do Stage 3 with a Double TEQ Bulma lead, Boss rabbit, Jackie Chun(Whom I always keep next to a bulma), Angel SSJ Goku, The SSJ Goku you get from this event, and 16 for blocking.
Bulma is a pretty good tank in her own right, half the time only taking about 100 points of damage or so, so I always make sure she is taking most of the attacks. And I always clear this stage with most of my items, only having to pop the occasional Senzu. Maybe a Yenma or 2 if my luck was bad on a particular run.

Now if only I could get more than 5 -7 medals on any given run.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:55 pm

If they changed it like the Japanese server, they'll now have double drop rate for characters and medals (and no 100 cost for the second stage).

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:51 am

alakazam^ wrote:
If they changed it like the Japanese server, they'll now have double drop rate for characters and medals (and no 100 cost for the second stage).
Yeah, they made the strike drops 100% during the event. Get them while you can cause afterwards they got back to being trash.

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pluto » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:14 am

wow, what a time to have issues...

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:28 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:Yeah, they made the strike drops 100% during the event. Get them while you can cause afterwards they got back to being trash.
The changes are permanent, though. Only the half stamina will revert.

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:11 am

Looks like it's a perfect time to get and awake LR Goku, although I wanted to grind some medals for LR Androids. Hmm, decisions, decisions...

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:35 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:Yeah, they made the strike drops 100% during the event. Get them while you can cause afterwards they got back to being trash.
The changes are permanent, though. Only the half stamina will revert.
Really??? I have them all at SA15 anyway but that's good to know. Thanks.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:51 pm

The potential orbs and awakening medals for Monumental Dreams Goku are now available in your gifts!

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pluto » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:25 am

Whoever has the Network Error/Time Out issue (even if it downloads everything):

1. Make a full uninstall.
2. Download Opera VPN
3. Force Stop and Clear Cache for Play Store. (Very important for people who do not have Dokkan on their home Play Store).
4. Run Opera VPN
5. Run Play Store (make sure you see the content of the new Play Store) and Accept whatever it asks for.
6. Run Dokkan Battle, but do not Transfer Account YET.
7. Go through the tutorial, after you finish it, it will start downloading. NOTE: Many times, it will fail with the known error, but it RESUMES where it left.
8. Return to Main Menu and DL ALL.
9. PROFIT.

This was a war with a lot of lost battles. Literary tried 3-4 free VPNs, until a reddit guy pointed out he had success with Opera VPN. I am still puzzled as why.

PS, once you install Dokkan through a VPN, it will only be playable via that VPN, or else it crashes. This shit should not be legal, this is borderline digital racism, dont release the game in countries where they dont have In-App purchasing available, it seems they dont want POOR FANS.