"Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle" Official Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:43 am

The Bee Pan event is now available daily for the next couple weeks. The Meta Cooler story event also should have started today.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:14 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:The Bee Pan event is now available daily for the next couple weeks. The Meta Cooler story event also should have started today.
Confirming both of those. Time to grind for the 1000 Coolers mission...
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:48 pm

Here's a shocker: another new LR! STR Spirit Bomb Goku: https://v3jpn.dbz.space/cards/schedule
Curious that he doesn't have SSR or UR stages. Either they haven't been revealed or he's going to Dokkan from an existing card.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:54 am

Apologies for the double post, but there's a new scan for Dokkan:
https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/9 ... 5375937536

It looks like certain TURs will be able to awaken to some new stage that will raise the level cap to 140 and the SA cap from 10 to 15. Very fascinating!

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:54 pm

Filthy ningen 8)

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:03 pm

The GSSR Fusions banner goes live after maintenance tonight with the new Whirus and Celluza. Get hype! :D

Also those Baba Shop Dokkans are pretty hype. I finally found a leader that will link with Hit in Dabura! :lol:

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:45 pm

Funny how Karoly comes back to Global right after the Kale/Caulifla fusion.

Hoping I can pull him and Pandel this time.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:16 am

Dragon Wukong wrote:Funny how Karoly comes back to Global right after the Kale/Caulifla fusion.

Hoping I can pull him and Pandel this time.
Yeah, the timing is amazing. :lol: I'm hoping to pull him, Whirus, Coolieza and Pandel or Brapan.

Also, we're getting categories and a UI update with this maintenance. Whee!

Update: Gogeta and Omega's leader skills are now out, and there's a 30 stone GSSR Fusions/Shadow Dragon categories banner out featuring STR Gotenks, PHY Gotenks, STR Basetenks, AGL Dabtenks, PHY Syn, STR GT Trunks, PHY Pan, TEQ Nuova, Majuub, and PHY SS2 Kid Goku. I pulled on both banners and got Karoly, Cellza, PHY Bulma and AGL Gotenks.

Gave into vile temptation and got another Cellza and Whirus. Half the units I wanted isn't bad! Gonna have to buy some stones during the next sale though. ><

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:03 am

Well, the dream is dead. I blew the ~500 Dragon Stones I had and only got 3 of the 5 Bulpans I needed for rainbow potential. Like, I'll take what I can get, but... damn it.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:40 am

Alruneia wrote:Well, the dream is dead. I blew the ~500 Dragon Stones I had and only got 3 of the 5 Bulpans I needed for rainbow potential. Like, I'll take what I can get, but... damn it.
That's rough, sorry to hear that. If it makes you feel any better, I didn't even get one Bulpan. :P

Now that I see him, I kind of want that SR SS2 GT Goku for my Super Phy team. If he's anything like those two SR Android 17s from the Super 17 banner, I'm gonna be seeing a whole lot of him in the future so not much point actively summoning for him.

Now if only I could stop pulling Paragus... :problem:

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:53 am

If it helps, I only have about 100 stones for this banner. Hope I get a Karoly on 2 multi-summons. :x

EDIT: Heck yeah literally the first pull of the multi-summon. And Pandel was the last one. I'm happy with just this honestly.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:13 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:That's rough, sorry to hear that. If it makes you feel any better, I didn't even get one Bulpan. :P
Oh no, that's awful! Well, depending on how many times you pulled, that is... The card (plus its awakened form) is Bulla's only representation in Dokkan Battle and I think everyone should have one.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:19 pm

Good News for Dokkan fans
Toei published on October 27 its earnings for its current fiscal year through its second quarter. The company reported consolidated sales of 23.444 billion yen (about US$205 million), an 18.6% increase from the same period last year. Toei also reported an operating profit of 5.962 billion yen (US$52 million), which is a 24.7% increase, and an ordinary income of 6.281 billion yen (US$55 million), which is a 36.2% increase. The company's net income for the period was 4.291 billion yen (US$37 million), a 25% increase.

Toei's copyright and licensing sales business increased in the period, with sales reaching 13.019 billion yen (US$13 million) for the first half of the fiscal year. The number represents a 52.5% increase from last year and comprises more than half of the period's total sales. The sector reached an operating profit of 6.097 billion yen (US$53 million) for a 56.5% increase. Foreign copyright sales reached 6.233 billion yen (US$54 million), a 91.8% increase from last year.

Toei cited that sales of its Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle smartphone game were key in this area. The game has reached 200 million downloads worldwide and topped sales rankings in Apple's App Store in 14 countries.

Its film sector sales amounted to 7.667 billion yen (US$67 million), a 7.2% increase from last year, but operating profit was down 36% to 1.01 billion (US$8.83 million).

Toei produced six television anime titles in this period, up from four titles in the same period last year. The company increased its sales from 1.697 billion yen (US$14 million) last year to 1.793 billion yen (US$15 million), but its theatrical anime sales saw a drop by more than half from 998 million yen (US$8.7 million) last year to 421 million yen (US$3.6 million) during the same period this year. The home video market performed around the same as last year, earning sales of 391 million yen (US$3.4 million).

Overseas video sales totaled 3.896 billion (US$34 million), mostly stemming from licensing to China and Dragon Ball franchise sales in the United States.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:24 pm

Alruneia wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:That's rough, sorry to hear that. If it makes you feel any better, I didn't even get one Bulpan. :P
Oh no, that's awful! Well, depending on how many times you pulled, that is... The card (plus its awakened form) is Bulla's only representation in Dokkan Battle and I think everyone should have one.
Just three times. I got Cellza (x2), Karoly and Whirus. I have three of her on my Japanese account I use for mucking around though. :)

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:36 pm

World Tournament is on. God, I hate this grind but I want those SSR tickets. ;-;

Speaking of tickets, Masked Saiyan has been added to the SSR banner. You can also Dokkan the PHY Kid Goku (Great Ape) for 7 marks.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:28 pm

The Japanese got Kefla now. Her attack is "Gigantic Blast". There's the Broly-esque attack-names we've expected. Also her leader skill is for a new "Potara" category.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:15 am

Dragon Wukong wrote:The Japanese got Kefla now. Her attack is "Gigantic Blast". There's the Broly-esque attack-names we've expected. Also her leader skill is for a new "Potara" category.
Her leader skill is ki+2, HP, ATK and DEF+120% for "Potara" category, super attack greatly reduces DEF and passive skill is to turn INT orbs into PHY, increase 10% ATK and DEF for each PHY orb collected, medium chance to evade enemy's attack and a certain additional attack with a medium chance to trigger super attack.

All this before Dokkan Awakening.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:00 am

I wonder if they'll include Towa and Demigra in the Potara category? Not that I ever see anyone using them. It looks like Kefla doesn't hit as hard as Kale does by herself, but she has Caulifla's super dodges so I think that's a fair trade-off. Her category is fairly limited but she'll be fantastic as part of a Kale team or a Super PHY team under SS3 Gotenks. It does suck that Fusion Zamasu is part of that category since most of the units are Super-types.

There's a new Rising Dragon Carnival banner out and I decided to do a multi on it. 15 stones for 5 cards. I was hyped to get Caulifla as my second card, but then I pulled LR BROLY. I'm speechless right now. :shock:

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:46 am

Jeez guys... I really wanted to get Karoly but now there's also Kafla... well, welp.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:20 am

Here's our look at the Kefla banner:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Not surprising that Kale and Caulifla are on there. Is that a GSSR banner? :wtf:

Edit: According to /r/dbzdokkanbattle, it is GSSR and only has five featured units: Kefla, Kale, Caulifla, Bergamo and Super Fit Buu. I like those odds. :thumbup: