"Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle" Official Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:38 pm

Draconic wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:Looks like that new Super Buu is going be an an Extreme STR dokkan fest unit that transforms into Buuccolo, Buutenks or Buuhan under unknown conditions. No word about his category yet either. Buuccolo uses Special Beam Cannon, Buutenks Kamehameha and Buuhan Super Ghost Kamikaze attack. Wouldn't be surprised if they're recycled like Goku and Frieza.
It was datamined that he is the 'Ascended Transformation' category leader. Basically for the final forms of each character. No idea how it will differ from the 'Full Power' category, as I imagine there would be a lot of overlap.
Huh. Hopefully it's not as slapdash as Full Power is. The Buus have very little synergy with Super-types.

Chema

Post by Chema » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:52 am

How I could rip the sprites of the game?

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:21 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Draconic wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:Looks like that new Super Buu is going be an an Extreme STR dokkan fest unit that transforms into Buuccolo, Buutenks or Buuhan under unknown conditions. No word about his category yet either. Buuccolo uses Special Beam Cannon, Buutenks Kamehameha and Buuhan Super Ghost Kamikaze attack. Wouldn't be surprised if they're recycled like Goku and Frieza.
It was datamined that he is the 'Ascended Transformation' category leader. Basically for the final forms of each character. No idea how it will differ from the 'Full Power' category, as I imagine there would be a lot of overlap.
Huh. Hopefully it's not as slapdash as Full Power is. The Buus have very little synergy with Super-types.
I thought Buus leader skill was for all transformation units (UI, LR Fusions, Bluer, etc)

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:18 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Draconic wrote: It was datamined that he is the 'Ascended Transformation' category leader. Basically for the final forms of each character. No idea how it will differ from the 'Full Power' category, as I imagine there would be a lot of overlap.
I thought Buus leader skill was for all transformation units (UI, LR Fusions, Bluer, etc)
I'm talking about link skills. If this Buu is like the others then the links he's most likely to share with Super-type units are Shocking Speed, Fierce Battle, and/or Over in a Flash. Unless he has a passive that gives himself ki or you build a team around Extreme-types, he's likely going to struggle to get supers like Kid Buu does.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:40 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote: Huh. Hopefully it's not as slapdash as Full Power is. The Buus have very little synergy with Super-types.
I'm talking about link skills. If this Buu is like the others then the links he's most likely to share with Super-type units are Shocking Speed, Fierce Battle, and/or Over in a Flash. Unless he has a passive that gives himself ki or you build a team around Extreme-types, he's likely going to struggle to get supers like Kid Buu does.
I was mostly talking to Draconic. But maybe he'll get SS or OIAF. Buuhan has SS and Buutenks has OIAF so I dont see why not

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:31 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Draconic wrote: It was datamined that he is the 'Ascended Transformation' category leader. Basically for the final forms of each character. No idea how it will differ from the 'Full Power' category, as I imagine there would be a lot of overlap.
Well, I'm sure those will be included, but only that would be kind of a limited category. There's barely enough characters with the transformation mechanic (excluding the Giants and Rage ones who don't have any synergy with Buu) to make a full team. I'm sure there will be some non-transforming units in the category.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:52 am

PHY 17 was announced as the next Dokkan Fest for Global this morning, which just puts things further out of order. We skipped SSBE, Future Gohan and Full Power Goku. People on the dokkan sub are thinking Vegeta will be saved for Christmas since most of his banner's new units just debuted on the LR banner. That'd give them a chance to load it up with desireable Pure Saiyans like the SS4s and Turles.

I'm in a pickle. This is one of the banners I was saving for along with Vegeta but I feel gunshy about pulling on it without knowing when Vegeta is coming. There's likely going to be a big Broly Celebration at the end of November/beginning of December with a bunch of new cards too, plus 21's not Dokkan exclusive and she's the one I want most...

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:21 pm

Picked the game back up after losing yet another account (which I miss, since I had UI Goku and LR Majin Vegeta), since there were some PSA's on the reddit that the Global version is going trough a good time to start right now and booooy am I glad. Got the new transforming Goku, two INT Gogeta's, TEQ Angel Goku and AGL Super 17 from the initial stones, picked up AGL SSJ3 Goku with the Red Stone and after grinding a bit of the Quest managed to pull a TEQ Vegetto Blue too! (along with some other useless SSR's) Gotta say I'm pretty stacked right now and will try not to lose this one anymore :lol:

Just awakened Gogeta and he is such a beast. Need to make sure I pick up some more INT orbs since I need to complete his available paths. Had to do the Z-Hard stage to get him since the Super one is too tough right now but it was more than worth it.

Slowly but surely I will awaken the rest too and with how much of the Quest I still have to do (only on the third area right now) I should also have a steady supply of stones to grind when other cards I want come and with the delay of Evolution Vegeta there's time to do it too.

It's quite amazing how fun this game can be if you have the right cards that make the grinding so much less tedious.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:29 am

Whew. Did 3 multis on 17's banner, got the man himself and two TEQ Perfect Cells. That's enough for a rainbow. Back into savings mode for Vegeta and the inevitable Broly banner. :thumbup:

A21Fan

Post by A21Fan » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:28 am

500 stones and still no 21 :cry:

Atleast i got 2 teq c16, 2 teq cell, 1 agl S.17, 2 agl tapion, 1 int zamasu ... the rest where so-so SSRs. :yawn:

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:07 am

A21Fan wrote:500 stones and still no 21 :cry:

Atleast i got 2 teq c16, 2 teq cell, 1 agl S.17, 2 agl tapion, 1 int zamasu ... the rest where so-so SSRs. :yawn:
Don't worry! I hear she's featured on STR Super Buu's support banner. 30 stones and guaranteed featured SSR so you have a good chance to pull here there. :D

A21Fan

Post by A21Fan » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:50 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:

Don't worry! I hear she's featured on STR Super Buu's support banner. 30 stones and guaranteed featured SSR so you have a good chance to pull here there. :D
Well, i made the mistake to go further ...and i finally got her and 17 ... after 2350 stones :shock:

fml :sick:

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:02 pm

A21Fan wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:

Well, i made the mistake to go further ...and i finally got her and 17 ... after 2350 stones :shock:

Ouch. :(

A21Fan

Post by A21Fan » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:16 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
A21Fan wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote: Don't worry! I hear she's featured on STR Super Buu's support banner. 30 stones and guaranteed featured SSR so you have a good chance to pull here there. :D

Ouch. :(
I shouldnt complain, its a gacha game afterall.

I wasted more money on the game Star Citizen ... which isnt even complete yet :lol:

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:52 am

Full Power Frieza's EZA and banner are out on global right now! A Super STR team with the FTP Namek Gohan should be able to handle him easily. Lots of PHY kais, orbs, and 30 dragon stones up for grabs. :D

A21Fan

Post by A21Fan » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:23 am

And now i got LR SSj3 Goku and LR Bojack with 300 stones on the Legendary Cell Banner ... my luck is weird.

Edit: Got another LR Bojack, this banner is generous to me :lol:

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:24 am

SSBE Vegeta is coming to global next, along with Jiren's Dokkan! :D The new Halloween event card was datamined from the JP update too. It's an SSR INT Super Saiyan Gotenks and Ghosts with a haunted house bg. 2spoopy4me. No idea what he does yet but hopefully he's as useful as Candy Vegito.

ratbomb

Post by ratbomb » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:50 pm

Anyone had any luck with the new Dokkan Festival? Managed to summon a SSJGSS Vegeta and 2 Jirens in 5 single summons somehow, probably worn out my luck for a while.

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:35 am

I'm not even trying to summon as I don't really need this new Vegeta. I have over 300 DS right now and I'm saving them for Broly.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:10 am

Got Vegeta! The only card I really want right now is UI Goku since between him, Vegeta and Vegetto Blue I can make a pretty nice Realm of Gods team. Fuckin A!