"Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Naruto6583 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:57 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Naruto6583 wrote:
ankokudaishogun wrote: any Super Saiyan STR team is "optimal" for LR Broly in the WT.

He is his own best leader for that. Just add a few Super Saiyans with Prepared for Battle and you're golden.
Hmmm I'll consider it
One of the most common teams I see in the WT on Global is AGL Rose leader, Broly, Int Turles for ki, AGL or TEQ Golden Frieza to block, TEQ Jaco and Int Chiaotzu for stunning, or another ki battery if you're missing one of the two. You might need some items for ki like the Fruit of the Tree of Might or an orb changer Puar, but it'll run right through the WT on any difficulty.
What about JP? I mainly play that version because that's where all my investment went?
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:15 am

Naruto6583 wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Naruto6583 wrote: Hmmm I'll consider it
One of the most common teams I see in the WT on Global is AGL Rose leader, Broly, Int Turles for ki, AGL or TEQ Golden Frieza to block, TEQ Jaco and Int Chiaotzu for stunning, or another ki battery if you're missing one of the two. You might need some items for ki like the Fruit of the Tree of Might or an orb changer Puar, but it'll run right through the WT on any difficulty.
What about JP? I mainly play that version because that's where all my investment went?
I expect it would work just as well there, although I hear some people have switched to a Resurrected Warriors team instead since Broly is also part of that category.

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:47 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Naruto6583 wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote: One of the most common teams I see in the WT on Global is AGL Rose leader, Broly, Int Turles for ki, AGL or TEQ Golden Frieza to block, TEQ Jaco and Int Chiaotzu for stunning, or another ki battery if you're missing one of the two. You might need some items for ki like the Fruit of the Tree of Might or an orb changer Puar, but it'll run right through the WT on any difficulty.
I expect it would work just as well there, although I hear some people have switched to a Resurrected Warriors team instead since Broly is also part of that category.
Okay cool, thanks for the advice :thumbup: Once again did not mean to blow up I usually get frustrated when I don't get any sleep :lol:
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:38 pm

https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattl ... d_3142018/
Lots of sweet new cards incoming~ Plus our first Jiren card. He's gonna be busted af when he gets his awakening with stats and a passive like that. Thankfully his links kind of suck to balance it out.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:05 am

I'm surprised Kale was Super Saiyan 2. She never had sparks in that form.

Also it's hard to tell which form she's supposed to be in. The anime treated the yellowish hair and green hair SS forms as two separate things, one before mastering the Berserk power and one after. Meanwhile the Dokkan card has yellowish hair in the art, but in the gameplay she has green hair. I'm guessing SS2 is supposed to be her after she masters the Berserk power, and chalk it up to another one of Dokkan's weird inconsistencies, like SS2 Caulifla using SS Caulifla sprite for the ultimate.

https://jpn.dbz.space/cards/1013660

https://youtu.be/fMzmJbn2qxI

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:32 am

Dragon Wukong wrote:I'm surprised Kale was Super Saiyan 2. She never had sparks in that form.

Also it's hard to tell which form she's supposed to be in. The anime treated the yellowish hair and green hair SS forms as two separate things, one before mastering the Berserk power and one after. Meanwhile the Dokkan card has yellowish hair in the art, but in the gameplay she has green hair. I'm guessing SS2 is supposed to be her after she masters the Berserk power, and chalk it up to another one of Dokkan's weird inconsistencies, like SS2 Caulifla using SS Caulifla sprite for the ultimate.

It's really hard to say with this one. The sprite uses the dark green hair, but the card art and the SA are both from the form seen in 101. :eh:

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:23 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Dragon Wukong wrote:I'm surprised Kale was Super Saiyan 2. She never had sparks in that form.

It's really hard to say with this one. The sprite uses the dark green hair, but the card art and the SA are both from the form seen in 101. :eh:
I'm assuming someone made a mistake, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume "SS2" should be the dark green hair form, since looking back at 114 Kale actually did have sparks in it. Plus it would make more sense if the yellow haired form is Kale's normal Super Saiyan. Also, the SA is definitely the attack she used on SSG Goku in 114, based on the color.

Either way, it's a weird inconsistency that would be easily avoidable IMO.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:19 am

Golden Frieza and his event are available now if you're interested in that. They also added a new feature so that you can see the featured units on a banner by looking at the announcement tab! That's handy.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:53 pm

Here's our long awaited UI Goku Dokkan!
https://twitter.com/dokkan_official/sta ... 3984525313

He's pretty wicked. 150% RoG category lead/50% int. At less than 50% HP, he'll transform into mastered UI Goku whose passive gives him +3 ki, +150% ATK, a very high chance to dodge AND ignores defense. Along with this, we're getting dokkans for AGL/STR Godku and STR SSB Goku.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:20 pm

Really excited for the STR Godku dokkan. He was dropped off my super Str team but with this he’ll be right back on!

I’d love to get another dupe or two of him as well. (Back before the dupe system I fed a dupe to his SA. If only I waited lol)

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:42 am

Global's 1000 day celebration kicks off this weekend. From what I read on the dokkan sub, we're getting:

*LR STR Goku and LR Bojack
*Broly's EZA (explains the STR & AGL banners)
*INT AoE Raditz's event
*Bee Pan's new dokkan and stage
*1000 day ticket banner with 3 daily tickets from log in and missions.

Sounds fun!

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:29 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:Global's 1000 day celebration kicks off this weekend. From what I read on the dokkan sub, we're getting:

*INT AoE Raditz's event

Sounds fun!
Should be noted that LR Spirit Bomb Goku is a gift for 1000 days total logged in. Still free but you gotta work towards it. I’m at 850 days so I’ve got a bit longer to go.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:44 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:Global's 1000 day celebration kicks off this weekend. From what I read on the dokkan sub, we're getting:

*INT AoE Raditz's event

Sounds fun!
Should be noted that LR Spirit Bomb Goku is a gift for 1000 days total logged in. Still free but you gotta work towards it. I’m at 850 days so I’ve got a bit longer to go.
Correct! :) He's a 3 ki/+100% rainbow leader if I recall and he's already an LR when they give him to you.

If the ticket banner is like the one on JP, it'll have all the DokkanFest cards up to the 120% leaders. Of course, having so many featured units lowers your odds of getting the specific unit you want. I'm hoping I can score PHY Goku Black and SS4 Vegeta myself! If you don't get what you want via tickets you can use stones too of course.

Fingers crossed that we get some news on SS3 Bardock soon. He's the next big unit I'm saving for. Him and Jiren.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:06 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:

*INT AoE Raditz's event

Sounds fun!
Correct! :) He's a 3 ki/+100% rainbow leader if I recall and he's already an LR when they give him to you.

If the ticket banner is like the one on JP, it'll have all the DokkanFest cards up to the 120% leaders. Of course, having so many featured units lowers your odds of getting the specific unit you want. I'm hoping I can score PHY Goku Black and SS4 Vegeta myself! If you don't get what you want via tickets you can use stones too of course.

Fingers crossed that we get some news on SS3 Bardock soon. He's the next big unit I'm saving for. Him and Jiren.
I'm hoping for TEQ SSJ3 Goku. Or TEQ/PHY Gotenks. My TEQs are by far my weakest type. But I would more than happy with a dupe for SSJ4 Goku or Vegeta.

But I suggest savin for TEQ Vegito Blue and STR Rose. (either that, or the 3 yr anniversary banner)

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:18 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: I'm hoping for TEQ SSJ3 Goku. Or TEQ/PHY Gotenks. My TEQs are by far my weakest type. But I would more than happy with a dupe for SSJ4 Goku or Vegeta.

But I suggest savin for TEQ Vegito Blue and STR Rose. (either that, or the 3 yr anniversary banner)
Those too! I really could use a good solid PHY leader. The only ones I have are Kale and Nappa. Kale will be excellent once she awakens.

If I save for Rose or Vegito it'll probably be Rose. LR Vegito is good enough for me and I could really use the Extreme leader skill. I want Bardock because he'd be good on my Super Int team too and I believe his JP banner had Angel Goku, Gotenks, and Angel Golden Frieza.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:27 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote: I'm hoping for TEQ SSJ3 Goku. Or TEQ/PHY Gotenks. My TEQs are by far my weakest type. But I would more than happy with a dupe for SSJ4 Goku or Vegeta.

Those too! I really could use a good solid PHY leader. The only ones I have are Kale and Nappa. Kale will be excellent once she awakens.

If I save for Rose or Vegito it'll probably be Rose. LR Vegito is good enough for me and I could really use the Extreme leader skill. I want Bardock because he'd be good on my Super Int team too and I believe his JP banner had Angel Goku, Gotenks, and Angel Golden Frieza.
I have Omega and Cooler for PHY. But TEQ VB is just busted. The LRs as a whole have a much better banner but I want a good rainbow heores leader so bad. PHY VB is good but only 1 dupe SA1.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:56 am

JP is getting a new event with a farmable SSR Ribrianne who'll serve as a 77% Peppy Gals leader. Most of the good Peppy Gals cards are also part of the Universe Survival category, including Ribrianne, so...Jiren is the true waifu leader? :P

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:17 pm

Global just got it as well.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:45 am

So apparently the "Ressurected Category" banner is fairly conducive to summoning LRs. I had a friend who pulled an LR Mighty Mask, and I myself managed to pull an LR Broly

Kefla
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kefla » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:31 am

I’m trying to get dupes to max my Eighteenie’s SA! It’s so hard!