"Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle" Official Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:24 am

Kinokima wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:Well, I did a multi-summon on Broly's banner in hopes of getting SS4 Vegeta...and I got Broly instead! Dang it! That Vegeta continues to elude me. :lol: I really need him for my Shadow Dragons team.

Same although I didn’t even get Broly I got
Nothing on that banner. LOL

I did end up getting PHY Vegetto on my first single on his banner though so there is something.
Hey, that's pretty good! Congrats! :thumbup:

The new stages of the Universe Survival Arc story event are out. You can now farm Yurin, Ultimate Gohan and Frieza. INT Trunks also finally got his Dokkan awakening and the Rising Dragon Carnival is up. No discounts this time though. Just a full price banner. :(

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:41 pm

Just pulled LR Broly on a multi on the latest global banner. And the funny thing is Goku didn’t go SSJ3 or Say thank you Dragon Balls.

Actually the last couple times he did say Thank You Dragon Balls I got SSR cards but not anything I’d be thankful for. :lol:

I don’t gamble at all but somehow I can’t resist summoning even though I keep telling myself to save for better banners. Sometimes it’s worth it. I am not F2P I do try to limit my spending .

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:48 am

After the new Ginyu Tokusentai event (which is awesome, by the way), the Japanese server has announced that "Battlefield" 2.0 is coming soon.

It will be available for players with rank 150 or above and only for UR+ cards.
You'll need oo defeat 4 characters for a Boss to appear and you win if you defeat him.
You can't bring a friend along but you can choose another of your characters to act as a sub-leader.
There won't be a limit number of tries nor stamina to spend.

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:25 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Ilikepictures-meh wrote:I'm curious, does anyone know why they don't release certain cards, instead keeping them unplayable? For instance someone like Mamba or Monster Carrot/Boss Rabbit?

I'm confused by this cause i don't see the harm in making these characters playable, especially since they were already made and in game.
Monster Carrot is playable. He drops from the Rabbit Mob special event.

They might make some of them playable eventually. INT Hit's TUR form was originally a boss card that was re-used as a dokkan awakenin. LR SS3 Goku's SSR base Goku was also a boss card previously.

The characters have sprites in-game and but they'd have to create proper stats, hidden potential, links and all that jazz. The NPC characters don't have any of that stuff like PCs do.
Oh so he is playable, my mistake.
Though giving them stats, links, etc. Would be stupidly easy considering they already have the sprites in game. Not having them become playable doesn't make much sense.

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:15 pm

Well, much to my joy, I managed to summon LR Broli a few days back. He's expensive and time consuming to level, but I'm working on it. Will be handy for the next World Tournament.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:26 pm

We've got some good stuff coming this week according to the Dokkan sub.
Thursday/Friday we get:

-The last stages of the ToP event including PHY UI Goku. Better start farming if you've got the INT one!
-The Yo! Son Goku event also comes back. You can farm Base Gotenks' SA and get Rad Radishes for Old Kais and whatnot.
-Stage 4 of LR Frieza's event! No word if there's an accompanying campaign to go with it. With no announcements I'd guess probably not, but we'll see.
-Kefla's banner! I've really been waiting on this one. On Japan it was featured GSSR and had Kefla, Kale, Caulifla, Bergamo and Fit Buu.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:30 am

I’m still waiting for TEQ Vegito Blue and STR Rose to drop on Global. They’re BUSTED. I have 310 stones saved up for them hopefully I get lucky lol

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:51 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:I’m still waiting for TEQ Vegito Blue and STR Rose to drop on Global. They’re BUSTED. I have 310 stones saved up for them hopefully I get lucky lol
You should have plenty of time to save more too! It'll probably be at least a couple more months before they land on Global.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:45 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:I’m still waiting for TEQ Vegito Blue and STR Rose to drop on Global. They’re BUSTED. I have 310 stones saved up for them hopefully I get lucky lol
You should have plenty of time to save more too! It'll probably be at least a couple more months before they land on Global.
It might be around April but thats just a prediction considering LR Gogeta and Vegito are dropping in July for us.

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:49 am

I pulled LR Broly on a YOLO..... A freaking YOLO ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! I pull him but not Gohan!!! He has one of the worst passives I have ever seen.
Passive: When performing a Super Attack, ATK +80000 but DEF -20000, and launch an additional Super ATK.
I would prefer Trunks over this card and he has problems with ki!!!
Sigh :problem:
Well here's to hoping that I eventually pull Gohan. I at least have Rose Black and Goku awakened. Just don't have the training items to max them out
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:35 am

Naruto6583 wrote:I pulled LR Broly on a YOLO..... A freaking YOLO ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! I pull him but not Gohan!!! He has one of the worst passives I have ever seen.
Passive: When performing a Super Attack, ATK +80000 but DEF -20000, and launch an additional Super ATK.
Well here's to hoping that I eventually pull Gohan. I at least have Rose Black and Goku awakened. Just don't have the training items to max them out
Complaining about pulling an LR, really? Wow.

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:32 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Naruto6583 wrote:I pulled LR Broly on a YOLO..... A freaking YOLO ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! I pull him but not Gohan!!! He has one of the worst passives I have ever seen.
Sorry about that. Couldn't sleep so pulling him at three in the morning plus having to do jury duty on top of having heard the negatives about his passive just set me off. Didn't mean to complain. :oops:
PSN SonGoku325

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:32 pm

Naruto6583 wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Sorry about that. Couldn't sleep so pulling him at three in the morning plus having to do jury duty on top of having heard the negatives about his passive just set me off. Didn't mean to complain. :oops:

He's fantastic for the World Tournament. So you could find a use of him there

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:39 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:
Naruto6583 wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:

He's fantastic for the World Tournament. So you could find a use of him there
That I don't doubt but I sadly don't have the optimal team for it.
PSN SonGoku325

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:29 pm

Naruto6583 wrote:That I don't doubt but I sadly don't have the optimal team for it.
any Super Saiyan STR team is "optimal" for LR Broly in the WT.

He is his own best leader for that. Just add a few Super Saiyans with Prepared for Battle and you're golden.

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:42 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote:
Naruto6583 wrote:That I don't doubt but I sadly don't have the optimal team for it.

He is his own best leader for that. Just add a few Super Saiyans with Prepared for Battle and you're golden.
Hmmm I'll consider it
PSN SonGoku325

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:20 pm

Naruto6583 wrote:
ankokudaishogun wrote:

Hmmm I'll consider it
LR Broly is THAT good.

Like, you might have issues only at x30 difficulty with AGL units: they MIGHT survive your SA. Luckily, you are going to throw a second SA which will annihilate anything remaining.

Protip: if you have Goku Black Rosé, you might consider using him as Leader(still take another LR Broly as Friend), as he gives +3ki to the Extreme types as passive

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:37 am

ankokudaishogun wrote:
Naruto6583 wrote:
ankokudaishogun wrote: any Super Saiyan STR team is "optimal" for LR Broly in the WT.

Hmmm I'll consider it
LR Broly is THAT good.

Like, you might have issues only at x30 difficulty with AGL units: they MIGHT survive your SA. Luckily, you are going to throw a second SA which will annihilate anything remaining.

Protip: if you have Goku Black Rosé, you might consider using him as Leader(still take another LR Broly as Friend), as he gives +3ki to the Extreme types as passive
Which rose old or new?
PSN SonGoku325

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:20 pm

Naruto6583 wrote:
ankokudaishogun wrote:Protip: if you have Goku Black Rosé, you might consider using him as Leader(still take another LR Broly as Friend), as he gives +3ki to the Extreme types as passive
Which rose old or new?
Both give Ki+3 to Extreme allies, though STR Rosé would be better as it gives also +50% DEF and is a much better Leader

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:49 am

Naruto6583 wrote:
ankokudaishogun wrote:

Hmmm I'll consider it
One of the most common teams I see in the WT on Global is AGL Rose leader, Broly, Int Turles for ki, AGL or TEQ Golden Frieza to block, TEQ Jaco and Int Chiaotzu for stunning, or another ki battery if you're missing one of the two. You might need some items for ki like the Fruit of the Tree of Might or an orb changer Puar, but it'll run right through the WT on any difficulty.