"Dragon Ball Fusions" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Dragon Ball Project Fusion for Nintendo 3DS

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:17 pm

Depending on how many different characters and combinations we can do in this game (and I'm really hoping that with the idea of Goku and Broly fusing, they go all out and go pretty crazy), I wonder how they're going to handle voices. That would be an awful lot of data and space wouldn't it, having separate battle recordings of some sort for the standard characters, and then recordings of the same actors playing the newly merged ones in a dual manner?

For something like this, they might even end up just going without voices in the game maybe. It'd probably be simpler.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Fresh Prince
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fresh Prince » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:25 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Depending on how many different characters and combinations we can do in this game (and I'm really hoping that with the idea of Goku and Broly fusing, they go all out and go pretty crazy), I wonder how they're going to handle voices. That would be an awful lot of data and space wouldn't it, having separate battle recordings of some sort for the standard characters, and then recordings of the same actors playing the newly merged ones in a dual manner?

For something like this, they might even end up just going without voices in the game maybe. It'd probably be simpler.
Maybe it will come out on consoles as well?
But, most games that show up on nintendo systems never show up on other systems at least ones not nintendo (Sony, Microsoft, PC)

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:17 am

Oh god I can't wait! It's awesome to see these games opening to "What ifs" and I think Raging Blast 2 sort of kick started that idea with SSJ3 Broly. Also I'm all for Broku, don't care what the haters say :thumbup:

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:36 am

Chuquita wrote:I do think a Brolli Gokû fusion wouldn't end all that well. Psychologically it isn't good match. Brolli's too unstable.
Goku doesn't make a good Fusion partner either due to how goofy he is. Hell Vegeta even called him out on that in GT when SSJ4 Gogeta defused ahead of schedule. If anything, this ought to be hilarious. Wonder if they'll bring back Cell (Kurrin absorbed) from Budokai?

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:39 am

This game is apparently also getting a manga adaption in Saikyo Jump.
The game will get a manga adaptation that will debut in Shueisha's Saikyō Jump magazine this year. The magazine is also running a contest where participants can send in character designs that combine two Dragon Ball characters as if they had performed fusion. The winning character design will appear in the game.
Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... 3ds/.97728

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:44 am

Another game which will increase a popularity of DB? Yes please!
It looks very interesting and quite original.

Silkman3003
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Silkman3003 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:24 pm

Xeztin wrote:This game is apparently also getting a manga adaption in Saikyo Jump.
The game will get a manga adaptation that will debut in Shueisha's Saikyō Jump magazine this year. The magazine is also running a contest where participants can send in character designs that combine two Dragon Ball characters as if they had performed fusion. The winning character design will appear in the game.
Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... 3ds/.97728
Hmm i'm having trouble viewing the animenews network link so excuse me if this is a bit old but(Below is a bigger scan showing more characters)
http://gematsu.com/2016/01/dragon-ball- ... ounced-3ds

Doesn't this look like SSJ4 Gogeta at the bottom left? Or is it likely someone or something else?

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:01 pm

Hmm...certainly does look like him to me. I wouldn't be surprised at all to still see some GT representation (even if it's just in the form of him and other SS4's) in the game.

I'm also curious now that I notice one of the 'top secret' pages has art of people from the Saiyan arc doing attacks, right next to Gotenks. It's probably nothing but that's kind of an odd setup for sharing a page there.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:27 pm

DB-Z.com writes further that you'll be able to create your own fusion character. And here's another scan:

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:34 pm

Watermarking someone else's photos. Classy. (Yeah, I went there.)

For what it's worth, our own translations and reporting are still forthcoming. Extra context that will surely be helpful to people.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:19 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Watermarking someone else's photos. Classy. (Yeah, I went there.)

For what it's worth, our own translations and reporting are still forthcoming. Extra context that will surely be helpful to people.
Excuse me for sounding stupid but whats watermarking ?
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:22 pm

soppa saia people wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:Watermarking someone else's photos. Classy. (Yeah, I went there.)

It's basically a digital signature. And when used erroneously and inappropriately, it can be very annoying. Like the scan above.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:30 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
soppa saia people wrote:

It's basically a digital signature. And when used erroneously and inappropriately, it can be very annoying. Like the scan above.
I third this. It rubs me the wrong way when I see stuff erroneously/inappropriately watermarked. It's one thing if it's something you drew or made yourself, but when you had no hand in the creation of the thing you watermarked that just feels uncomfortable.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:16 pm

I'm going to fuse Beerus and Chiaotzu and call him Cheese!!!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:36 pm

I think this will probably our main game of 2016 since I don't see us getting Xenoverse 2 this year. At least it will hold us over for a while.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:26 am

Official site: http://dbpf.bn-ent.net/
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:43 am

Super Saiyan Prime wrote:Official site: http://dbpf.bn-ent.net/
What's up with the floating islands ? This isn't Mobius.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:30 am

I'm really liking the style but I need to see gameplay first.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:46 am

soppa saia people wrote:

...I didn't even notice the watermark before it was pointed out...

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:48 am

The photo for this game really has me excited (especially since it features all of the Z-Fighters including Chaozu and #18, which is the direction I've always thought new DB material show go in) because the fusion concept and the floating islands make it seem like they're trying to add something to the Dragon Ball mythos, which I always appreciate in material outside the manga. It would also be interesting if the game was used to expand the whole concept of fusion. Maybe different fusions result in different fusion types: For example, GOKU + BROLY = BROKU (Strength-Based Type) and PICCOLO + KRILLIN (Ki-Based Type)? And maybe you need certain fusion characters to advance through certain missions or boss battles considering this is an RPG.

Also, I wonder if Fusion and Potara would play different roles in the game similar to Pokemon games (Black or White, for example) and you have to choose one mode pertaining to those fusions. Perhaps even characters like Vegito, Gogeta, Gotenks, Broku or WHATEVER are mainstay characters for the entire game's story and by the end when they unfuse and the day is saved, we would have grown attached to their dynamics and personality as fused characters due to seeing it longer than in the manga and anime (and Fusion Reborn). Either way, consider me interested that they're not going the conventional route. Oh, is it just me or does this game remind me of something a new Sonic game would be (Let's hope in a good way like Sonic Colors and not a Sonic Boom sort of thing)?

ALSO, WHY ARE THOSE FLYING PTERODACTYLS THERE AND WHY IS GOTENKS RIDING ONE?!!!