"Dragon Ball Fusions" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Fusions" Official Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:43 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Speaking of playing the game though, that DLC that came out today - I think I saw something buzzing around about there being limited availability on it? Not that it won't still be up, but more like if you don't progress to that point in the game to take advantage of it before a certain date, you won't be able to at all? Please tell me that's in no way true - I'm still not very far into the game yet. :?
The Ziku Radar quests say they have limited availability in the description, but the "available until" dates are all from January. I'm guessing it's some kind of holdover from the Japanese events since they're still accessible.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:45 am

Behold! The HOLY STICK! Gaze upon the mightiest and end all be all stick that defeated Zamasu!
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Weejus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Weejus » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:24 am

Right, DBF is out in the UK this Friday, and I'm not sure if I should get it. What's the general consensus on it? Particularly, how's it paced? If it's really grind heavy, I'll probably not play it (ain't got time for that, admittedly).

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:57 am

Weejus wrote:Right, DBF is out in the UK this Friday, and I'm not sure if I should get it. What's the general consensus on it? Particularly, how's it paced? If it's really grind heavy, I'll probably not play it (ain't got time for that, admittedly).
I reviewed the game if you want to trust my judgement.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Weejus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Weejus » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:36 am

VegettoEX wrote:
Weejus wrote:Right, DBF is out in the UK this Friday, and I'm not sure if I should get it. What's the general consensus on it? Particularly, how's it paced? If it's really grind heavy, I'll probably not play it (ain't got time for that, admittedly).
I reviewed the game if you want to trust my judgement.
Alright, just had a read. I'm certainly interested in it, and most retailers have it at a reasonable £25 (around $31), so I may well get it. I just hope it's not as tedious as Dragon Quest VII (sorry to those that liked it, I don't think it's bad, I just didn't find that game engaging in the slightest).

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:18 pm

For Dragon Ball Fusions, Super Saiyan Rosé is Super Saiyan form, rather than his Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan version. So many contradictory statements. :roll:

We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:22 pm

So is the European version also censored? I'm considering buying this game or the DLCs from Xenoverse 2.
Grimlock wrote:For Dragon Ball Fusions, Super Saiyan Rosé is Super Saiyan form, rather than his Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan version. So many contradictory statements. :roll:

Toriyama's notes make it clear that is his SSGSS form, and is the most logical version anyway.

I wonder why they don't use SSBlue in the games btw. I mean, Rosé is tecnically a SSGSS, yet is called by its simple name, right?
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:36 pm

No, Toriyama specifically says that Super Saiyan Rosé is a Super Saiyan with a "slight difference" in color. Which we could assume it was the Super Saiyan.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:07 pm

Grimlock wrote:No, Toriyama specifically says that Super Saiyan Rosé is a Super Saiyan with a "slight difference" in color. Which we could assume it was the Super Saiyan.
I assume that they are using the term Super Saiyan vague. Like when Super Saiyan 2 is called at times just by the name of Super Saiyan.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:06 pm

Did the update lower the rate of G-rank skill drops? I used to get them all the time, but since the update I haven't gotten a single one. Even S-ranks seem rarer than they were before.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:19 am

Grimlock wrote:No, Toriyama specifically says that Super Saiyan Rosé is a Super Saiyan with a "slight difference" in color. Which we could assume it was the Super Saiyan.
Nope. Check the actual notes on Herms twitter.
He clearly mentions that he can turn into Super Saiyan AND a Super Saiyan with a slightly different color from Goku. Two different forms, it's clear as day, Rosé is a form apart of normal SS. And again, Rosé being his SS form would be nonsensical after what Black himself claimed in both anime and manga.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:37 am

Super Saiyan Rosé's classification of "Super Saiyan" is accurate. In-universe, Super Saiyan is considered one transformation with various states. Super Saiyan Blue & Super Saiyan Rosé are normal Super Saiyans with the power of Super Saiyan God. If anything, it's Super Saiyan God that's unrelated to the "normal" Super Saiyan family tree.

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:35 pm

Grimlock wrote:For Dragon Ball Fusions, Super Saiyan Rosé is Super Saiyan form, rather than his Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan version. So many contradictory statements. :roll:
Magazines at the time of the form's debut when it was added to Fusions also said that it was Black's version of SSJ, rather than mentioning Blue. So, this isn't really new. They were just going by the official information, rather than Toriyama's design notes.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:58 pm

So who's a character with the best unseal moves or longer reaching unseal moves? I need someone to be a counter to Super Saiyan online. Someone to debuff when I need them. Or something to take ki away from someone. I've noticed unseal moves would remove my SSJ from a random guy using it on me in the PVE system.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:33 am

Got my copy of the game a day early! Let's see what all the hype is about!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:16 pm

For those wondering yes this version is censored as well.. /;

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:09 pm

Kaboom wrote:Maybe I wasn't clear, but there were no "ifs," uncertainty, or room for debate or disagreement left in what I said. The sword censorship is 1,000,000% unacceptable, and I'm apparently one of the very few who rightly refuses to indulge in it anyway.

If you somehow think the censorship should get a pass because it's "small" or doesn't affect the gameplay, then you're simply in the wrong. Whether you're okay with being in the wrong is up to you, but don't you even try to convince me that it's an acceptable situation or that I'm somehow mistaken in not lying down and accepting it. I'm not okay with having my intelligence insulted, and refuse to indulge in a flawed, soiled excuse for a game that I'd been looking forward to playing for the better part of a year only to have it tainted and ruined by an irresponsible and misguided publisher's absurd decisions.

If you're not going to actually help fix the problem, then at least don't go around making pathetic excuses for your apathy.

We all agree it was a stupid choice, but you're missing out bro. The game is a lot of fun and there are only a handful of sword attacks. Hope you change your mind and enjoy the game. :D
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:58 pm

Finally got the game, been playing it for a while. While it's not bad, it is wildly disappointing.

Also, according to the internet I've screwed myself move-wise by picking an alien. That true? Becuase I'm too far in to simply delete my character now...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:18 pm

Kanassa wrote:Finally got the game, been playing it for a while. While it's not bad, it is wildly disappointing.

Also, according to the internet I've screwed myself move-wise by picking an alien. That true? Becuase I'm too far in to simply delete my character now...
You can gain access to pretty much any move by fusing. If you ever want to change your race all you have to do is collect the DBs.
And it is not like you can ever really screw yourself in this game. It is a pretty simple game and it is not like there is going to be some heavy competitive scene for it.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:26 pm

Makaioshin wrote:
Kanassa wrote:Finally got the game, been playing it for a while. While it's not bad, it is wildly disappointing.

You can gain access to pretty much any move by fusing. If you ever want to change your race all you have to do is collect the DBs.
And it is not like you can ever really screw yourself in this game. It is a pretty simple game and it is not like there is going to be some heavy competitive scene for it.
I mean move-wise, yeah, they're all basically the same, but some look cooler than others and have a better range.

Also, dear god is the recruitment process in this game frustaiting. Well, for the rando's at least. Got to get more energy capacity to unlock Cooler.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017