"Dragon Ball Fusions" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Fusions" Official Discussion Thread

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:19 am

Dragotaker wrote:
MKCSTEALTH wrote:That picture of the SSJ4 Gogeta/ SSJ3 Broly fusion is a hack. There is another video on YouTube of someone fusing Gogeta and Vegito

As amazing as it looks, it isn't possible unless you hack the game
a Hack??? Wait i though that the whole point of the street pass fusion was to be able to fuse any character in the game with each other without any limitations whatsoever but then if is only possible by Hack, what is the limitation regarding the Street Pass fusion????

With streetpass, you can fuse any character except

-your CaC
-The Metamoran fusions

That's where the hack comes in. It's impossible in an unhacked version to fuse Gogeta with anyone. You can fuse Vegito with anyone, but not Gogeta

Yalos
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Yalos » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:15 am

I can't do basic side events post game, because I am level 70 and every character in the overworld is a 90+ character and chases me. I'm afraid of doing the jaco side quest, I found an A rank hole with a level 100 Celluza. I don't know what the hack are in the S/G holes.

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:30 pm

Is anyone else having trouble getting the Super Saiyan skill? I feel like I've fought Skwash 100 times and all I get is Kaioken over and over again.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:04 pm

I had better luck grinding it from Sesamy in Bardock's Red Crown encounter. Fight two Red enemies in the Planet Vegeta area and he almost always spawns. After you get Super Saiyan the first time it suddenly starts dropping in abundance.

Edit:
Yalos wrote:I can't do basic side events post game, because I am level 70 and every character in the overworld is a 90+ character and chases me. I'm afraid of doing the jaco side quest, I found an A rank hole with a level 100 Celluza. I don't know what the hack are in the S/G holes.
If you're having trouble with the levels, go back to worlds 1+2 and get exp from the normal encounters there. Even though they're also high level they're not very strong and you should be able to trash them easily.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:55 pm

Just finished the main story of this game at long last! I won't lie, the game took me a bit longer to get into, but by the end of it, this definitely ranks up there as one of my favorite Dragon Ball games. I can't decide which one I 'like' more between it and Xenoverse 2, but there's no doubt which one is the 'better' game and has a ton more replay-ability, and it's this one.

How well has the game sold, both in Japan and abroad? I'm hoping really well, because I'm really hoping for a sequel. No idea what the story would be, but I'm ready for it.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:26 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:I had better luck grinding it from Sesamy in Bardock's Red Crown encounter. Fight two Red enemies in the Planet Vegeta area and he almost always spawns. After you get Super Saiyan the first time it suddenly starts dropping in abundance.

Edit:
Yalos wrote:I can't do basic side events post game, because I am level 70 and every character in the overworld is a 90+ character and chases me. I'm afraid of doing the jaco side quest, I found an A rank hole with a level 100 Celluza. I don't know what the hack are in the S/G holes.
If you're having trouble with the levels, go back to worlds 1+2 and get exp from the normal encounters there. Even though they're also high level they're not very strong and you should be able to trash them easily.

Thanks! I'll try that out. So I just have to beat 2 saiyan teamss to get Bardock to show and Sesamy is on his team?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:56 am

dualist wrote: Thanks! I'll try that out. So I just have to beat 2 saiyan teamss to get Bardock to show and Sesamy is on his team?
That's how it worked for me. Warp to Baba's Palace, fight the two nearest Saiyan teams on the Planet Vegeta side, and a red crown enemy will spawn on the top of a nearby mountain. That will be Super Saiyan Bardock with Gine, Sesamy and two others. You'll have to leave and re-enter the area to make him reappear if you don't get it.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:04 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:How well has the game sold, both in Japan and abroad? I'm hoping really well, because I'm really hoping for a sequel. No idea what the story would be, but I'm ready for it.
Kanzenshuu documented its Japanese figures.

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:12 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
dualist wrote: Thanks! I'll try that out. So I just have to beat 2 saiyan teamss to get Bardock to show and Sesamy is on his team?
That's how it worked for me. Warp to Baba's Palace, fight the two nearest Saiyan teams on the Planet Vegeta side, and a red crown enemy will spawn on the top of a nearby mountain. That will be Super Saiyan Bardock with Gine, Sesamy and two others. You'll have to leave and re-enter the area to make him reappear if you don't get it.
Anyone have an extra Super Saiyan skill they want to trade? Grinding for it is killing me...lol. I'm trying the Bardock crown group and Sesamy isn't even dropping other skills. The the RNG on this game is god awful.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:29 pm

Can anyone in your party learn it?

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:21 am

alakazam^ wrote:Can anyone in your party learn it?

Yeah, CaC can and I"m also fused with Sesamy. Should I try to knock Sesamy out the ring with my CaC since they are the one they can equip it. What worse, is that my son has it...lol. Took him a while to get it though.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:20 pm

dualist wrote:

Yeah, CaC can and I"m also fused with Sesamy. Should I try to knock Sesamy out the ring with my CaC since they are the one they can equip it. What worse, is that my son has it...lol. Took him a while to get it though.
To learn moves you need to knock out with a character than can learn it. It's still RNG, though.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:29 pm

I finally beat the main story of the game, as well as all of the sub-events! So basically, that just leaves a good chunk of the 100 man fights to take care of, as well as the other daily tournaments, a bunch of the quizzes, and a LOT of characters to unlock.

In regards to the latter, I had a question. I know that to get a bulk of the canon characters, you have to open rifts. I already know how to open said rifts, and where I need to do so to get what characters, but there's one thing I haven't been able to find: how many rifts do you have to combine to get the higher ranked rifts? It'd be handy to know so that I don't over/under shoot for what I'm looking for each time.
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:42 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:I finally beat the main story of the game, as well as all of the sub-events! So basically, that just leaves a good chunk of the 100 man fights to take care of, as well as the other daily tournaments, a bunch of the quizzes, and a LOT of characters to unlock.

In regards to the latter, I had a question. I know that to get a bulk of the canon characters, you have to open rifts. I already know how to open said rifts, and where I need to do so to get what characters, but there's one thing I haven't been able to find: how many rifts do you have to combine to get the higher ranked rifts? It'd be handy to know so that I don't over/under shoot for what I'm looking for each time.
1 for A, 2 for S, and 3 for G. The little blue dots (the rifts) float away so make sure that your kiai actually grabs them all.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:54 pm

Makaioshin wrote:1 for A, 2 for S, and 3 for G. The little blue dots (the rifts) float away so make sure that your kiai actually grabs them all.
Oh cool, that's actually simple enough to remember too. Thanks for the assist!
Twitter

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:33 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Makaioshin wrote:1 for A, 2 for S, and 3 for G. The little blue dots (the rifts) float away so make sure that your kiai actually grabs them all.
Oh cool, that's actually simple enough to remember too. Thanks for the assist!
Adding to this (in case you didn't already know), you can make the number of dots you need appear, save inside a building (not your spaceship) and open the rift you want. If you don't get a character you're looking for, just reset your game and try again because the dots will still be there and you don't need to fight randoms to get them again. Keep in mind, though, that if you notice you get the same teams over and over again, you need to defeat all of them and open a new rift so that you get different teams.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:36 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:how many rifts do you have to combine to get the higher ranked rifts? It'd be handy to know so that I don't over/under shoot for what I'm looking for each time.
A rank is 1, S rank is 2, and G is 3. You can't combine more than 3.

Edit: The thread didn't update to let me know anyone had posted. Weird. :wtf: But yeah, that. :lol:

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:18 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
dualist wrote:

To learn moves you need to knock out with a character than can learn it. It's still RNG, though.
Does knocking them out the ring with a zenkai improve the chances, or does it not matter?

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:32 pm

dualist wrote:Does knocking them out the ring with a zenkai improve the chances, or does it not matter?
I'm not sure but I think not. I think a higher damage gives you higher rank moves, though. Either way, it doesn't hurt going overboard.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:16 pm

May as well just ask someone who has Super Saiyan to trade with you. Now that trading is an option.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!