"Dragon Ball Fusions" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball Fusions" Official Discussion Thread

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:48 pm

Any idea when the NA is getting all these updates?
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:31 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Any idea when the NA is getting all these updates?

Supposedly some time in January

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:20 am

DasMuse wrote:I'm having the same problem... I saved on G rank in world 7 to get SS God Goku and I was resetting for between 2 and 3 hours with not even one scoutable character showed up the entire time. Not even in the S or A rank after I flee from the pointless fights... Most of the time it was those annoying mecha gokus or fusions of random characters. Got SS Gogeta once, but of course he's not recruitable.

I can't help but feel like I'm doing something wrong, because I've never gone that long without a scoutable character showing up, even one I don't particularly want... I randomly seen SSG goku once about a week ago before I stared this current grind but for some reason he didn't get scouted
God Goku appears in S rifts, by the way.

If the same teams appear over and over again then it's pretty likely they're the only teams you'll find in that "cycle". Try defeating each one of them and then open a new rift and softreset again. This shoudl make the other teams appear.

DasMuse
Beyond Newbie

Post by DasMuse » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:48 am

alakazam^ wrote:
DasMuse wrote:I'm having the same problem... I saved on G rank in world 7 to get SS God Goku and I was resetting for between 2 and 3 hours with not even one scoutable character showed up the entire time. Not even in the S or A rank after I flee from the pointless fights... Most of the time it was those annoying mecha gokus or fusions of random characters. Got SS Gogeta once, but of course he's not recruitable.

I can't help but feel like I'm doing something wrong, because I've never gone that long without a scoutable character showing up, even one I don't particularly want... I randomly seen SSG goku once about a week ago before I stared this current grind but for some reason he didn't get scouted
God Goku appears in S rifts, by the way.

If the same teams appear over and over again then it's pretty likely they're the only teams you'll find in that "cycle". Try defeating each one of them and then open a new rift and softreset again. This shoudl make the other teams appear.
So it is S rank for SSG Goku... I seen it said for both so I just decided to start with G and work my way down. Thanks.

Also, I wasn't aware they worked on cycles. That kinda makes the whole RNG thing even more intolerable. I was getting to the point where I was just not going to bother playing anymore, but I just went through a cycle and I keep getting a team with Beerus and Whis, but I can never scout Whis for some reason so I keep trying it over and over. I've used all sorts of skills on him through the zenkai attack and they all knock him out but they range from A rank Vegito's Sword, to S and G rank ki and mele skills... I've done it probably 10 times already using a different skill and character every time, nothing seems to work.

P.S. Unrelated, but is there a G rank skill for "Time Slip: Smash"? I fused my cac with Hit awhile back and can't seem to come across one.

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:42 pm

Can somebody help me here??? i'm trying to unlock the Ginyu Force in the second layer and after a couple of tries i managed to get Burter to appear yet he didn't have that little star below his health bar that's supossed to appear for him to be recruited, just in case i kill him with the Zenkai Attack but as i was expecting it didn't work, so i'm trying to figure out what is that i'm missing?? i already completed the main story and i'm pretty sure i did all the side quest in that particular layer too, i can't find any info of that either, the few guides there are just tell you the layer number and the rank for each character but nothing about what needs to do first for some characters to be recruitable.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:58 pm

Dragotaker wrote:Can somebody help me here??? i'm trying to unlock the Ginyu Force in the second layer and after a couple of tries i managed to get Burter to appear yet he didn't have that little star below his health bar that's supossed to appear for him to be recruited, just in case i kill him with the Zenkai Attack but as i was expecting it didn't work, so i'm trying to figure out what is that i'm missing?? i already completed the main story and i'm pretty sure i did all the side quest in that particular layer too, i can't find any info of that either, the few guides there are just tell you the layer number and the rank for each character but nothing about what needs to do first for some characters to be recruitable.
Did you do the sub quest with them in the world tournament area? They become recruitable after that quest. And if you get lucky, the entire Force shows up occasionally in A Rank rifts on Floor 2

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:11 pm

As I was slowly working through my quest to gather the Dragon Balls, I battled Baby Hirudegarn and defeated him with an Ultra Fusion. After his HP went to 0, while still within the Ultra Fusion, I shot him with Ki blasts repeatedly for a few seconds until my game crashed. Did this happen to anyone else? I'm thinking it has something to do with him being defeated by an Ultra Fusion, perhaps?
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:21 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:Did you do the sub quest with them in the world tournament area? They become recruitable after that quest. And if you get lucky, the entire Force shows up occasionally in A Rank rifts on Floor 2
No i didn't, tbh i didn't expect to see more of them after their role in the main story and then when i found about the female Ginyu Force i thought that by doing thier quest the actual Ginyu Force would be available but i didn't know they had a side quest, now that makes sense why i couldn''t recruit them, Thanks!!!

Now talking about another thing when i said that i managed to get Burter to appear i did after a lot tries of getting characters i already had like base Teen Gohan and others that you need to so side quest to unlock them like Cooler, so what i'm saying if there is a was to make the whole thing faster by making appear characters you actually don't have saving time and effort in the process, i know the whole thing is random but maybe a trick or something??

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:48 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:As I was slowly working through my quest to gather the Dragon Balls, I battled Baby Hirudegarn and defeated him with an Ultra Fusion. After his HP went to 0, while still within the Ultra Fusion, I shot him with Ki blasts repeatedly for a few seconds until my game crashed. Did this happen to anyone else? I'm thinking it has something to do with him being defeated by an Ultra Fusion, perhaps?
Nah. For me the Final Boss literally killed itself...and that was how I won. It used some big ball attack, hit all of my team, and then he somehow killed himself from doing that.....really kinda lame ass way to have a climax.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:27 am

DasMuse wrote:P.S. Unrelated, but is there a G rank skill for "Time Slip: Smash"? I fused my cac with Hit awhile back and can't seem to come across one.
I checked my Special Move Storage for you. I own God-ranked Time Slip: Smash. I'm afraid I can't answer when or how I acquired it though.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:22 am

DasMuse wrote:Also, I wasn't aware they worked on cycles. That kinda makes the whole RNG thing even more intolerable. I was getting to the point where I was just not going to bother playing anymore, but I just went through a cycle and I keep getting a team with Beerus and Whis, but I can never scout Whis for some reason so I keep trying it over and over. I've used all sorts of skills on him through the zenkai attack and they all knock him out but they range from A rank Vegito's Sword, to S and G rank ki and mele skills... I've done it probably 10 times already using a different skill and character every time, nothing seems to work.

P.S. Unrelated, but is there a G rank skill for "Time Slip: Smash"? I fused my cac with Hit awhile back and can't seem to come across one.
It's a guess at the time but there's somewhat evidence of it being so. It actually makes things easier since if you don't come across a certain team after a while, you know you have to defeat the current cycle and the others will start to appear.

If you have that skill equipped, I find that I get more G rank skills when fighting in world 7. Probably because the enemies are more difficult or you deal more damage to knock them out.

Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sailor Haumea » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:51 am

Is this game worth getting? Got a Nintendo eShop card and considering buying this.
"That's right, everyone of my race can become a giant gorilla!" - Tullece (AB Groupe dub)

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:09 pm

Sailor Haumea wrote:Is this game worth getting? Got a Nintendo eShop card and considering buying this.
Yes.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:26 pm

Sailor Haumea wrote:Is this game worth getting? Got a Nintendo eShop card and considering buying this.
I think most people still discussing the game in this thread will tell you yes! You may want to give my review a read, as well.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:11 pm

I came across a move with wide range and -1 ki. I always thought they could only have one bonus... anyone found others?

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:54 pm

Help please! I'm on the 3rd world before the cell games, I've done the Roshi, Kuririn, and Yamcha missions, went back to the ship, met Oats, etc... and I'm still just getting Blue and Red energy only. What an I doing wrong?

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:07 am

simtek34 wrote:Help please! I'm on the 3rd world before the cell games, I've done the Roshi, Kuririn, and Yamcha missions, went back to the ship, met Oats, etc... and I'm still just getting Blue and Red energy only. What an I doing wrong?
You have to recruit other characters so you can hold more energy colors. You can tell by the aura surrounding the team model in the hub.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:04 pm

simtek34 wrote:Help please! I'm on the 3rd world before the cell games, I've done the Roshi, Kuririn, and Yamcha missions, went back to the ship, met Oats, etc... and I'm still just getting Blue and Red energy only. What an I doing wrong?
Blue energy is for humans, Red energy is for Saiyans, Green energy for Namekians, Pink energy for Offworlders and Yellow energy for aliens. You need to recruit more characters from those specific races to increase your limit for each energy, and you get the energy itself by defeating characters from those races in battle. Yes, you'll need to recruit generics in order to get more slots for energy. You're already in the part where the enemies have stars around the life bars, right? The ones with stars can be recruited, while if there are none you're missing some condition (or it's a fusion, which can never be recruited in battle).

DragonBallLove
Beyond Newbie

Post by DragonBallLove » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:22 pm

This guy's backstory is so f***ed up.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:38 pm

Does the luck stat actually effect anything in terms of recruiting/characters showing up/etc.? I just recruited a guy that has 90 luck to my CaCs 40