Would you play a DB Puzzle Battle Game?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Would you play a DB Puzzle Battle Game?

Post by Kendamu » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:12 am

Hey, everyone! I was just watching someone play a Pokémon puzzle battle game when it occurred to me that there hasn't been a puzzle battle game for Dragon Ball (as far as I'm aware). It got me thinking: Would people play a game like that?

Imagine it being sort of like Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo, but with crazy attack animations like Dokkan Battle in the middle of the screen.

Also, in addition to discussing it here, I have a Twitter poll running for 24 hours if you'd like to cast a vote.

Personally, I'd be excited to have a mobile game (3DS, Vita, phone, etc.) Like this that I could play for a few minutes here and there. I wouldn't mind a console or PC version, either, but it doesn't seem like a game I'd sit and play for several hours at a time in front of a TV. How about you?
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Would you play a DB Puzzle Battle Game?

Post by DaemonCorps » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:26 am

I always found it strange that as world-renowned as Dragon Ball is, that a very, very large majority of its games are still fighting games. Like you brought up, it would be great if they went more of a Pokemon route and just went bonkers with the types of games it releases. Gimme DB Puzzle League, DB Mystery Dungeon, DB visual novel, DB Pokemon Snap, DB dating sim... there's just so many possibilities and it's a shame game devs are limiting themselves to the face value of the series.

My thoughts on this are kinda similar to how I feel with FPS games vs. sidescrollers. Fighting games aren't bad, but there's just such a torrential downpour of them, especially with DB, that something more lighthearted like a puzzler would be much appreciated.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Dotogam
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Would you play a DB Puzzle Battle Game?

Post by Dotogam » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:06 am

I absolutely love Puzzle Fighter 2 so a Dragon Ball version would be awesome. I hope it's on 3ds and vita (is it popular in Japan) with a silly story mode.
How I relax, crawling into bed with my laptop and browsing Kanzenshuu.