"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Tue May 23, 2017 4:10 am

TekTheNinja wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:I have been wondering, did Towa and Mira really bite the dust? The same goes for Demon God Démigra, did they somehow survived their defeat? Or has it been someone, like say, one of the Zamasus to be the one to have altered the Battle With Universe 6 Saga, and even now the next Dragon Ball Super Saga of Hope vs. Despair?
Hope verses despair? Aw fuck! Zamasu was secretly Junko Enoshima all along! And Trunks is Makoto Naegi! It all makes sense now! XD
So does that make Goku Black Monokuma?
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Tue May 23, 2017 5:22 am

I never really said these guys should be included in the story (although as Towa's brother I think Dabura can serve some sort of role). It's more to have better variety in the PQ's and a bigger roster is always nicer.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue May 23, 2017 6:59 am

nato25 wrote:I never really said these guys should be included in the story (although as Towa's brother I think Dabura can serve some sort of role). It's more to have better variety in the PQ's and a bigger roster is always nicer.
I want him because I want more chance of stage in Babidi's ship and a cutscene of Vegeta going Majin...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Tue May 23, 2017 8:17 am

NintendoBlaze53 wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:I have been wondering, did Towa and Mira really bite the dust? The same goes for Demon God Démigra, did they somehow survived their defeat? Or has it been someone, like say, one of the Zamasus to be the one to have altered the Battle With Universe 6 Saga, and even now the next Dragon Ball Super Saga of Hope vs. Despair?
Hope verses despair? Aw fuck! Zamasu was secretly Junko Enoshima all along! And Trunks is Makoto Naegi! It all makes sense now! XD
So does that make Goku Black Monokuma?
Black is game Monokuma and Frost is anime Monokuma because Greg Ayres. :P

Tsufuru
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tsufuru » Tue May 23, 2017 9:54 am

i believe they are saving the big improvments for XV3.
atleast in the story mode imo.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue May 23, 2017 6:32 pm

Tsufuru wrote:i believe they are saving the big improvments for XV3.
I really hope so. I also hope they add more grinding and rpg elements. As in make it a bit slower to level up, stats matter more, more side quests.

I enjoyed the story mode but it felt incomplete.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Tue May 23, 2017 6:49 pm

So I just popped in Xenoverse 2 and Xbox One is telling me their is a update for the game. Has anyone else had to update their Xenoverse 2 game today?
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue May 23, 2017 7:03 pm

GTx10 wrote:So I just popped in Xenoverse 2 and Xbox One is telling me their is a update for the game. Has anyone else had to update their Xenoverse 2 game today?
I installed a 1.51 GB update today, but nothing changed. I'm thinking perhaps it's compatibility for DLC Pack 4 or something?

Also, I find it interesting that Dimps decided to start an event that lets you get double the TP Medals to buy the items in the Medal Shop, instead of... you know, lowering the prices or raising the number of medals you obtain from quests. Or both. Just curious whether anyone else noticed that.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

SaiyàBitō

Post by SaiyàBitō » Tue May 23, 2017 9:18 pm

DEAR GOODNESS I'VE BEEN GONE IN THIS FORUM FOR MOOOOOONTHS BUT:

The DLC4 for XENOVERSE 2 seems quite interesting within the scans and screenshots. Honestly, I hope for a change in Zamasu's voice...

There may not be a possibility, but who knows.
See - Life is like a ball.

It will keep rolling in time and bounce with excitement. Until, that ball will be flat. You will be weak.

But, don't fret. At time, the ball won't be flat anymore. It'll be round and strong. You, and I mean you, will be strong once again.

PROBABLY NOT ON HIATUS AGAIN BUT WHO KNOWS?

Yeah, thing is that I am always not here and it’s saddening to me. Seriously. I just want to make some great topics and such, yes?

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue May 23, 2017 10:09 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
I really hope so. I also hope they add more grinding and rpg elements. As in make it a bit slower to level up, stats matter more, more side quests.

Grinding was the worst part of XV1 thanks to a terrible RNG system. No thanks.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed May 24, 2017 12:33 am

Kanassa wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote: So with Hit, Frost, and Cabba being possessed for some reason in DLC 2, and Goku Black and Zamasu being possessed this DLC, could they be setting up a plot for Xenoverse 3, with possibly Demigra returning?
I'm at least 99% sure that this will be setting up the villain for Xenoverse 3, and with Demigra having a third form introduced in Heroes I doubt DIMPS wouldn't jump on the chance to use him.
I rather have a new original villain than Demigra return. They should use a Makaioshin for a original villain since Super so far has not bother with the idea.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed May 24, 2017 12:53 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote: So with Hit, Frost, and Cabba being possessed for some reason in DLC 2, and Goku Black and Zamasu being possessed this DLC, could they be setting up a plot for Xenoverse 3, with possibly Demigra returning?
I'm at least 99% sure that this will be setting up the villain for Xenoverse 3, and with Demigra having a third form introduced in Heroes I doubt DIMPS wouldn't jump on the chance to use him.
I rather have a new original villain than Demigra return. They should use a Makaioshin for a original villain since Super so far has not bother with the idea.
Mira and Towa had new forms in Heroes and Xenoverse never implemented those. The devs blatantly dont want to include Heroes content to keep its own identity for Xenoverse.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed May 24, 2017 5:56 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:

Well I never said make it like Xenoverse 1. Thats like if I say lets have cake and someone says "The last cake I ate was bad no thanks"

Its still a better concept if done correctly. If done wrong though I 100% agree. Item collection is fine now, Id just like to see slower leveling paired with a longer story. Nothing too crazy.

Side note: I bought some DLC and my PS Plus this morning but I have to go to work. Got in some of a new PQ but had to go. I'm liking Rose Black though.

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Wed May 24, 2017 3:21 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:

Well I never said make it like Xenoverse 1. Thats like if I say lets have cake and someone says "The last cake I ate was bad no thanks"

Its still a better concept if done correctly. If done wrong though I 100% agree. Item collection is fine now, Id just like to see slower leveling paired with a longer story. Nothing too crazy.

Side note: I bought some DLC and my PS Plus this morning but I have to go to work. Got in some of a new PQ but had to go. I'm liking Rose Black though.
I'm not opposed to longer story and slower leveling as long as the story mode is online. One of the biggest draws to the game is playing with other Patrollers, so make an all encomposing online story.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed May 24, 2017 3:37 pm

dualist wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:

I'm not opposed to longer story and slower leveling as long as the story mode is online. One of the biggest draws to the game is playing with other Patrollers, so make an all encomposing online story.
Yeah I think it would be cool to allow people to choose whether to play online or solo in story mode. Sort of how we have online PQ or solo.

Off topic: Is it possible to land backwards super attacks when the opponent z vanishes behind you? I ask because I currently have paralyze beam set in hopes of saving stamina and I know there are other backward supers as well.

I guess a back hit would work but I like it flashy lol

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed May 24, 2017 3:42 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote: Off topic: Is it possible to land backwards super attacks when the opponent z vanishes behind you?
Isn't that the entire point of having supers that attack the space behind you?

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed May 24, 2017 3:49 pm

Kanassa wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote: Off topic: Is it possible to land backwards super attacks when the opponent z vanishes behind you?
Haha yes. I guess my question is more like...do they all work or has anyone found some that work extremely well. I just like discussing games lol I'm just late to this party.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed May 24, 2017 3:57 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Haha yes. I guess my question is more like...do they all work or has anyone found some that work extremely well. I just like discussing games lol I'm just late to this party.
Reverse Mabakusenko is good, good damage and good response time.

Kanassa wrote:

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed May 24, 2017 8:10 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Your better off just using normal back attacks. They tend to have priority and the AI doesnt normally have the sense to back away after vanishing to avoid it. You can easily make them spend all their stamina vanishing by landing a back attack, combo, and repeat. Its a easy setup to get a max guard break and then you can punish them freely.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Godszgift

Post by Godszgift » Thu May 25, 2017 11:38 am

I feel like this game is really a mess. I have no idea why Dimps gave CAC aura slide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-PU08uiTb4&t=29s

the damage is insane for no reason, and the inv frames makes back attacks even safer than before