"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:58 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:Anyone else caught Super Saiyan Rosé Goku Black saying more funny things? :lol:
"Now, I shall show you the apex of godhood... THE TIPPITY TOP!"
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:05 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:Anyone else caught Super Saiyan Rosé Goku Black saying more funny things? :lol:
"Now, I shall show you the apex of godhood... THE TIPPITY TOP!"
Here is another one! :P

"Y-You're no more than a appetizer! You should know your place! On the table... With bread!"

[spoiler]I bet every time Super Saiyan Rosé Goku Black fights, it's when he's hungry! :lol:[/spoiler]

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:04 pm

I like how GT Goku, Trunks and Pan had a cameo in the Future Trunks saga DLC.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:32 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I like how GT Goku, Trunks and Pan had a cameo in the Future Trunks saga DLC.
I imagine they just heard "Need energy" ad just thought "We know how this shit goes..."

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:08 pm

I find it so jarring Goku Black in the English dub goes from sound like a chain smoker with a really bad cold to sounding like an extra in Monty Python’s Flying Circus.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:42 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I find it so jarring Goku Black in the English dub goes from sound like a chain smoker with a really bad cold to sounding like an extra in Monty Python’s Flying Circus.
Funimation is probably having a hard time on what voice for Goku Black should work. It seem like people wanted Zamasu to sound British and they went with that.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:50 pm

Is it only me avoiding all these spoilers in order to have a better experience while playing the Story Mode? :eh: I thought people would do the same, but they just want to know things already (a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶a̶s̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶ :roll:).
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:00 pm

Grimlock wrote:Is it only me avoiding all these spoilers in order to have a better experience while playing the Story Mode? :eh: I thought people would do the same, but they just want to know things already (a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶a̶s̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶ :roll:).
I'm doing the same, and fortunately everyone's been exceptionally polite in terms of spoilers! Though I do have to ask, what particularly are you referring to when you say they're "bash[ing] the game"?
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:01 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Grimlock wrote:Is it only me avoiding all these spoilers in order to have a better experience while playing the Story Mode? :eh: I thought people would do the same, but they just want to know things already (a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶a̶s̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶ :roll:).
I'm doing the same, and fortunately everyone's been exceptionally polite in terms of spoilers!
MONSTER CARROT IS THE BIG BAD PULLING ALL THE STRINGS!

Kanassa wrote:

Footlong Shoe
Patreon Supporter

Post by Footlong Shoe » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:24 pm

Turns out this last update didn't actually raise the level cap to 100. Last time I talked to the Grand Elder he definitely hinted at one last cap unlock, so I hope this is a sign that we can expect more.
Discord - Footlong Shoe #1327

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:25 pm

Footlong Shoe wrote:Turns out this last update didn't actually raise the level cap to 100. Last time I talked to the Grand Elder he definitely hinted at one last cap unlock, so I hope this is a sign that we can expect more.
Evidence is building that this isn't the last DLC

Kanassa wrote:

Footlong Shoe
Patreon Supporter

Post by Footlong Shoe » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:34 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Footlong Shoe wrote:Turns out this last update didn't actually raise the level cap to 100. Last time I talked to the Grand Elder he definitely hinted at one last cap unlock, so I hope this is a sign that we can expect more.
So I thought, but it turns out I just got the notification late :cry:

The level cap has been raised, to level 99.
Last edited by Footlong Shoe on Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Discord - Footlong Shoe #1327

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:36 pm

Watched a play through of the new story content on youtube. Some thoughts:
[spoiler]I loved Black's rift in time being used against him to summon extra power for the Sword of Hope. I lost it when Turles suddenly showed up. That was brilliant. :lol:

Zamasu's voice is still kind of weird and awkward. He got a lot better once they turned into Fused Zamasu, but some of the delivery and inflection was still off.

I thought they might have written Universal Zamasu out until he suddenly showed up at the time nest. That scene was suitably creepy. I can't imagine how horrifying it would be to see a sky full of those things. :shock: I didn't like they glossed over the implications of Zen-Oh erasing Zamasu and leaving it as a happy ending, or leaving Trunks out of the story. Speaking of which, shouldn't Trunks not be there? I thought he decided to stay in the other future with Gohan?[/spoiler]

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:47 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Watched a play through of the new story content on youtube. Some thoughts:
[spoiler]I loved Black's rift in time being used against him to summon extra power for the Sword of Hope. I lost it when Turles suddenly showed up. That was brilliant. :lol:

Zamasu's voice is still kind of weird and awkward. He got a lot better once they turned into Fused Zamasu, but some of the delivery and inflection was still off.

I thought they might have written Universal Zamasu out until he suddenly showed up at the time nest. That scene was suitably creepy. I can't imagine how horrifying it would be to see a sky full of those things. :shock: I didn't like they glossed over the implications of Zen-Oh erasing Zamasu and leaving it as a happy ending, or leaving Trunks out of the story. Speaking of which, shouldn't Trunks not be there? I thought he decided to stay in the other future with Gohan?[/spoiler]
[spoiler]As far as we know, the Trunks that stays with Gohan is another Trunks, a possibility. I also enjoyed the neat little addition to Trunks's character at the end there,
with him choosing the stay with the Time Patrol even when his dept no longer applies. "I can never say no to you Supreme Kai"[/spoiler]

Kanassa wrote:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:48 pm

Footlong Shoe wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
There's still other evidence.

Kanassa wrote:

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:44 pm

Footlong Shoe wrote:
Kanassa wrote:

The level cap has been raised, to level 99.
So then that indicates that If I use "I want to grow more!" That I'll have to get DBs one more time to reach the new cap.

and if I had to guess, i'd say the next cap will be either 100 or 125.

Again, does ANYONE have anything on what races can wear the SS4 costume parts?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:03 am

Also, yet again, the Supreme Kai of Time is fucking adorable.

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Kanassa wrote:

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:06 am

Kanassa wrote:Also, yet again, the Supreme Kai of Time is fucking adorable.

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
You gotta give her credits [spoiler]it takes serious gonads to talk smack to a Zamasu head. I loved Old Kai going Full Geezer and saying he was going to give Zamasu what-for. :lol:[/spoiler]

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:15 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Kanassa wrote:Also, yet again, the Supreme Kai of Time is fucking adorable.

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
You gotta give her credits [spoiler]it takes serious gonads to talk smack to a Zamasu head. I loved Old Kai going Full Geezer and saying he was going to give Zamasu what-for. :lol:[/spoiler]
[spoiler]To be fair, it's not that ballsy when you take into account that she knew he would be erased a few seconds later[/spoiler]

Kanassa wrote:

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:39 am

:?: :?: :?:

Trunks is from Age +17, isn't he?

According to XV2, they've decided that the Zamasu battle takes place in Age 796, which means that the present must be Age 779 in XV's canon.