"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:20 am

DLC Pack 4 trailer.

Don't know if I watch though. Pretty anxious but I need to get impressed by its content.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:16 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:I find it so jarring Goku Black in the English dub goes from sound like a chain smoker with a really bad cold to sounding like an extra in Monty Python’s Flying Circus.
Funimation is probably having a hard time on what voice for Goku Black should work. It seem like people wanted Zamasu to sound British and they went with that.
It shouldnt be this hard. One look at the Japanese dub should be all it takes to understand how to perform Black. Goku with a SLIGHTLY lower tone and a more refined, condescending way of speaking. Thats it. How they decided to get with The Bedtime Monster voice for Blacks base and then transition to Bond villain for Rose is beyond me.

TFS did that way back and it comes off absolutely fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qqAJpmA5S4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvTWQ1TDLr8

All you need to do. It is literally that easy. The direction the dubbing team took with Black just baffles me.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:00 am

Can people please stop complaining about Goku Black's voice for crying out loud.

Goku Black's base form was recorded for the game over a year before Zamasu was even Casted. Of course they keeped it "gravely" for consistency. It changes for Rosé because Funimation is trying to have Black and Zamasu sound similar to each when the Super Dub gets to that point.

Anyway what have guys found is faster.

Grinding Vegeta for 16TP or Grinding Dragon balls for 200TP?

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:18 am

excelhedge wrote:Can people please stop complaining about Goku Black's voice for crying out loud.

Goku Black's base form was recorded for the game over a year before Zamasu was even Casted. Of course they keeped it "gravely" for consistency. It changes for Rosé because Funimation is trying to have Black and Zamasu sound similar to each when the Super Dub gets to that point.

Anyway what have guys found is faster.

Grinding Vegeta for 16TP or Grinding Dragon balls for 200TP?
Honestly, I like plain Goku Black's gritty tone. I think it really works for the character. I will admit that the difference between his base form and rose form is rather jarring though. Would have worked better for me if Black was ever so slightly less grave sounding, not much less though, and rose simply matched it.

And about your TP Medal question:

16 tpm x 13 runs = 208 medals therefore at 2 min. per run: 26 minutes and at 3 min. per run: 39 minutes. Add time for mission restarting and loading.
Whereas dragon balls take about 1 hr. per run.

So really it depends on what's faster for you. Of course if you can farm the Broly mission or Janemba mission just as fast, they give about 17 medals per run.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:27 am

DLC Pack 4 is available on Steam! If it doesn't show up to you, restart the Steam and use the search bar.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:10 am

Schemmel's Black voice in Rose feels pretty spot on for me but it doesn't make sense for him to remain growly in Base or for Zamasu to not have a posh accent too.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:16 am

ekrolo2 wrote:Schemmel's Black voice in Rose feels pretty spot on for me but it doesn't make sense for him to remain growly in Base or for Zamasu to not have a posh accent too.
I like to think of it as Zamasu insulting Goku and Vegeta "This is what savages like YOU sound like until they get a taste godhood!"
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:51 am

The ending to the FT arc is way better here than in the anime just for [spoiler]the main, GT, alternate Future Trunks and Xenoverse timelines all contributing to the Spirit Sword[/spoiler]
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:56 am

ekrolo2 wrote:The ending to the FT arc is way better here than in the anime just for [spoiler]the main, GT, alternate Future Trunks and Xenoverse timelines all contributing to the Spirit Sword[/spoiler]
I think it's even more stupid.

They took an already stupid idea of having Trunks somehow gathering energy from the planet even though he shouldn't know how to and turned it into an even worse idea of Trunks gathering energy across space and time.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:58 am

Doctor. wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:The ending to the FT arc is way better here than in the anime just for [spoiler]the main, GT, alternate Future Trunks and Xenoverse timelines all contributing to the Spirit Sword[/spoiler]

They took an already stupid idea of having Trunks somehow gathering energy from the planet even though he shouldn't know how to and turned it into an even worse idea of Trunks gathering energy across space and time.
Maybe it's just me digging the fact we had GT kind of cross over into Super :P

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:58 am

What the actual hell, Vegetto Blue does less damage than regular Vegetto, and that's not even counting the fact that regular Vegetto can go SSJ to boost his stats.
And does Spirit Stab have an actual use? Seems like a waste of a move.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:00 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:

Maybe I just dislike it due to the unimpressive voice work and the lackluster OST (was there one, even?). I'm sure it'd be more entertaining, like the anime was, with better music placement and if the VAs actually gave a shit; but Xenoverse has always had a problem with shitty music placement and shitty acting.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:07 pm

Doctor. wrote:

Doesn't this make more sense considering he's taking energy from people who actually know how to give energy this time?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:09 pm

Doctor. wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Doctor. wrote: I think it's even more stupid.

Maybe I just dislike it due to the unimpressive voice work and the lackluster OST (was there one, even?). I'm sure it'd be more entertaining, like the anime was, with better music placement and if the VAs actually gave a shit; but Xenoverse has always had a problem with shitty music placement and shitty acting.
That I can agree with, the music just sounds like any generic assortment of rock tracks and you can tell the casts don't really care even with the new material they're given. Honestly, I'm shocked game developers don't just re-use existing records but instead keep forcing the same people to remake the same scenes in perpetuity.

Drellz26
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Drellz26 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:36 pm

Not a fan of Vegetto Blue AT ALL. He's not powerful at all. Fused Zamasu on the other hand is amazing.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:37 pm

Dimps apparently thought it was more important to give Vegeta a battle damage costume for a single in game cutscene that you also can't play as than model the Ikari hair in game.
Grotseque Zamasu' moveset also seems to be a full, normal moveset, he even has a unique grab, and yet he's still not playable.
Them not even attempting to give any explanation on if DBS Trunks and Time Patrol Trunks are the same person is also lame.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:57 pm

[spoiler]Way better I think is an exaggeration. It still sucks, but they managed to at least improve it I think. What with the whole Zamasu hole being what did him in as it helped by allowing people to send their energy to Trunks. It still doesn't fix most of what's wrong, but it helps at least so I appreciate that.[/spoiler]
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:12 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:Dimps apparently thought it was more important to give Vegeta a battle damage costume for a single in game cutscene that you also can't play as than model the Ikari hair in game.
Grotseque Zamasu' moveset also seems to be a full, normal moveset, he even has a unique grab, and yet he's still not playable.
Them not even attempting to give any explanation on if DBS Trunks and Time Patrol Trunks are the same person is also lame.
I agree. Grotseque Zamasu appears unique enough to justify a being new character and it really stinks he's not a part of the roster. Same deal with Super Saiyan Rage Future Trunks.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:16 pm

Loving the DLC pack so far! The characters are so fun to play as, and the story was amazing, especially for being DLC. They pretty much covered everything I wanted them to. Currently working on getting some skills, namely Merged Zamasu's Ultimate.
ArchedThunder wrote:Dimps apparently thought it was more important to give Vegeta a battle damage costume for a single in game cutscene that you also can't play as than model the Ikari hair in game.
What's wrong with the Super Saiyan Rage hair? It looks the same as in the anime and the CGI cutscene.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:29 pm

Anime Kitten wrote: What's wrong with the Super Saiyan Rage hair? It looks the same as in the anime and the CGI cutscene.
He has the proper hair in the CG, but not in game, he still has his SSJ2 hair in game.