"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:51 am

Scan doesn't mention any new costumes or moves for the free update, hope we still get some.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:04 am

Kanassa wrote:Love how VEegeta's team is composed of mostly himself
He only works with the best. 8)
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:39 am

sintzu wrote:
Kanassa wrote:Love how VEegeta's team is composed of mostly himself
He only works with the best. 8)
But there's only two Frieza's on his team
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:56 pm

I really like how the Hero Colosseum is essentially going to be a little taste of DB Heroes for the regions that lack the means to play it. The strategy aspect also seems like it'll be a lot of fun to experiment with online. I'm definitely going to pour too many hours into this mode.
sintzu wrote:He only works with the best. 8)
But there's only--
Kanassa wrote:But there's only two Frieza's on his team
Oh... that. H-hey, wait a minute! I don't remember seeing any Zamasu!
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:50 pm

Don’t know how true this is but

DLC 5 Price: Image

This was a mistake bandai. I dont think this DLC is shit at all and it would be fair that it would cost a little more because their is more content than the other 4 but damn! ITS NOT WORTH 20 DOLLARS. Thats like saying that DLC 5 is worth 1/3 of the game and thats bullshit.

DLC 1 - 4 in japan were 750 yen while DLC 5 in japan is 950 yen. If this 20 dollars price is true than this isn’t a case of trash content or being poor.

It’s a case of the US being to cheap!

DLC 5 doesn’t even have the New mode. Thats in the free update. I mean, putting a new mode for paid dlc would definetly be an excuse to raise the price but DLC 5 doesn’t even have that. The only extra content they have is 2 more characters than the average dlc.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:06 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:Don’t know how true this is but

This was a mistake bandai. I dont think this DLC is shit at all and it would be fair that it would cost a little more because their is more content than the other 4 but damn! ITS NOT WORTH 20 DOLLARS. Thats like saying that DLC 5 is worth 1/3 of the game and thats bullshit.

DLC 1 - 4 in japan were 750 yen while DLC 5 in japan is 950 yen. If this 20 dollars price is true than this isn’t a case of trash content or being poor.

DLC 5 doesn’t even have the New mode. Thats in the free update. I mean, putting a new mode for paid dlc would definetly be an excuse to raise the price but DLC 5 doesn’t even have that. The only extra content they have is 2 more characters than the average dlc.
I'm pretty sure that 950 yen is not 20$, it's either a mistake or a joke made to bother people.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:26 pm

Is the US getting the Deluxe Edition? I still have yet to buy XV2 and I rather get a complete edition with everything unlock for the PS4.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:36 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:

I'm pretty sure that 950 yen is not 20$, it's either a mistake or a joke made to bother people.
I know that. Even though the DLC in japan is 750 yen, the dlc in the US was 10 dollars so if dlc 5 is 950 yen, then dlc 5 in the us would probably be more than what the Japanese price
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:51 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
YonedgeHP wrote:

I know that. Even though the DLC in japan is 750 yen, the dlc in the US was 10 dollars so if dlc 5 is 950 yen, then dlc 5 in the us would probably be more than what the Japanese price
Hell, pretty sure that 750 yen is around $7 and 950 is around $10
Hellspawn28 wrote:Is the US getting the Deluxe Edition? I still have yet to buy XV2 and I rather get a complete edition with everything unlock for the PS4.
US is getting the Delux Edition, comes out on the 22nd
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:48 am

In all honesty, none of the DLC's should've cost more than $3. Why? Because the content from each DLC pack only equates to a fraction of the data already available in the main game. Frankly, if they were smart and considerate, they wouldn't overcharge for this stuff, the same way they shouldn't over charge for DLC characters in any other game. If you give a reasonable price, more people will be willing to pay it and you're more likely to make a profit from it.

The next pack probably only cost them like $50,000 to produce. That's not that much. And given XV2 has sold more than 1.4million copies world wide, if the DLC pack was only a few bucks, they'd easily make that back with just less than 17,000 sales. But by jacking up a single DLC pack to $20, they'd only need 2500 people to download it to make back their money and then the rest is pure greedy profit.

Now that production cost may not be accurate, it's just an example. But I can tell you for certain that, unfortunately, Voice Actors don't get paid all that much and, from what I understand, they're rehashing models and characters from previous games. Frankly I'm getting rather disgusted with his business practice. Especially since, you all know, they're going to sell all this shit back to us in the sequel. We won't get any cross benefits from having played and beat the last two games when XV3 comes out aside from maybe another holo-statue of our last hero making an appearance.

Given how lackluster the DLC packs have been over all, how weak the story was, and how little the game actually improved, to overcharge us now, let alone make us pay at all for something that was presumably going to be free, is just scummy behavior. EA just got slapped in the face for doing such things. Bandai/Namco should really know better.

If this is what they're going to pull, then I'm just done. I'm not throwing more of my hard earned money at this. It doesn't deserve it.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:54 am

Zelvin wrote:In all honesty, none of the DLC's should've cost more than $3. Why? Because the content from each DLC pack only equates to a fraction of the data already available in the main game. Frankly, if they were smart and considerate, they wouldn't overcharge for this stuff, the same way they shouldn't over charge for DLC characters in any other game. If you give a reasonable price, more people will be willing to pay it and you're more likely to make a profit from it.

The next pack probably only cost them like $50,000 to produce. That's not that much. And given XV2 has sold more than 1.4million copies world wide, if the DLC pack was only a few bucks, they'd easily make that back with just less than 17,000 sales. But by jacking up a single DLC pack to $20, they'd only need 2500 people to download it to make back their money and then the rest is pure greedy profit.

Now that production cost may not be accurate, it's just an example. But I can tell you for certain that, unfortunately, Voice Actors don't get paid all that much and, from what I understand, they're rehashing models and characters from previous games. Frankly I'm getting rather disgusted with his business practice. Especially since, you all know, they're going to sell all this shit back to us in the sequel. We won't get any cross benefits from having played and beat the last two games when XV3 comes out aside from maybe another holo-statue of our last hero making an appearance.

Given how lackluster the DLC packs have been over all, how weak the story was, and how little the game actually improved, to overcharge us now, let alone make us pay at all for something that was presumably going to be free, is just scummy behavior. EA just got slapped in the face for doing such things. Bandai/Namco should really know better.

If this is what they're going to pull, then I'm just done. I'm not throwing more of my hard earned money at this. It doesn't deserve it.
I am so tempted to close shop until Xenoverse 3 but the only thing stoping me is getting my hands on those new characters early and i really want to know who is causing the events of the DLC story.

But yeah, at least Japan is being fair with the prices, America is just being pure greedy. It’s unfortunately doing what it does best

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:03 pm

False Alarm

DLC 5 will not be $19.99. It will be $9.99 and your will be able to get a bundle of DLC 5 and 6 for $16.99

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/BandaiNamcoU ... 4760126464

Now I'm happy and hyped again. I’m probably gonna get the bundle because its a way better deal.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:07 pm

So "by the end of november" is pretty vague.

Someone speculated it might be tomorrow or some other specific day on reddit.

I have tomorrow off Ill so it'd be rad if it came out then.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:10 pm

It'll be out in 28th, as expected. It's always released on Tuesday and if it were to be released tomorrow, we would know that by now.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:24 pm

Well, that's ok for me. Thanks for the info :)

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:20 pm

Gt91 wrote:Well, that's ok for me. Thanks for the info :)
Anytime!

ConfusedPhantom
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ConfusedPhantom » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:15 pm

So wait. I'm a little behind on the news. So I don't understand. This update won't count with the season pass we already purchased?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:48 pm

No. The Season Pass has finished its duty, which was to cover all four promised DLCs (the first four DLCs, all related to Dragon Ball Super).

There will be (at least) two Extra Packs, which can be purchased in bundle.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:26 pm

ConfusedPhantom wrote:So wait. I'm a little behind on the news. So I don't understand. This update won't count with the season pass we already purchased?
No, these are extra content packs. They are separate Fromm the promised 4 dlc packs that make up the seasons pass

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:45 am

So they want us to throw extra money for a few characters and maybe an hour's worth of extra content, and bundle in for $7 more for another pack that we know nothing about. My rant still stand. Unless the content we're getting is equivalent to a good chunk of the game, it's not worth it. We're just going to see the same thing in XV3 and it most likely isn't going to be part of the day 1 release. :problem:
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."