"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:18 am

Zelvin wrote:So they want us to throw extra money for a few characters and maybe an hour's worth of extra content, and bundle in for $7 more for another pack that we know nothing about. My rant still stand. Unless the content we're getting is equivalent to a good chunk of the game, it's not worth it. We're just going to see the same thing in XV3 and it most likely isn't going to be part of the day 1 release. :problem:
No one is forcing you to get it. The DLC 5 pack isn’t elven more expensive than the other packs which is Bandai being SUPER generous. And the bundle is even more generous.

We know that we are getting 4 characters, one being UI Goku and one being an original new character. We know that we are getting a story whioch has a high chance of being twice as long as usually due to the hints from the chart we got and since dlc 6 is called the Infinite History Pack, when we get a story, we always get stages but since the story is twice as long we could also get 2 stages and of course parallel quests and other stuff and that’s without the free update

DLC 6

UI Goku
Original New Charcter
???
???

New story (possibly x2)

New stage (possibly x2)

Parallel quests

And more

I think the bundle is a great deal so I'm gonna get it
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:41 pm

That whole excuse of "you don't have to buy it" doesn't fly and it's the same one all game companies make when using such predatory methods. And you say it's cheaper? Well, it really isn't. The season pas was $30 and it got you DLC packs 1-4. You're paying more than half that for just 2 packs, and not part of a season pass, and we don't know if we're getting more content afterwords. So it's still just a trick.

Even what we got before wasn't work the $30. When the whole game was $60 and the additional content only equals a fraction of what you got in the main game, it shouldn't cost you have the full price of the game. Especially after the fiascos involving on-disc DLC content. To be blunt, just have this stuff included as part of the full game, cause we know they're just cutting the game into pieces to make us pay more for the "Full Experience". Fact is they don't even have to pull that stunt. They could just do DLC packs of just character skins, new outfits, new races hopefully and maybe new transformations, and we'd be more than happy to pay a reasonable price for those.

And honestly, I don't want UI Goku in the game. Make the ToP part of a big story event in XV3 instead of throwing at us an abridged version, like they did with the U6 Tournament. Hell, just stop wasting time and resources on such meager updates and put all that effort into making XV3 a vastly better experience.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:42 pm

Zelvin wrote:and it's the same one all game companies make when using such predatory methods.
There is nothing "predatory" about this.

Every single last tidbit about these updates is explained and detailed ahead of release. None of this extra content has any bearing on the actual, original gameplay of the game, and provides you no benefit in your advancement of the base game compared to what's already available to you in the base game. There is no chance involved (a la the current lootbox discussion). Free updates are provided alongside each paid update. Yes, while the season pass covered four previous DLC packs for $30, each pack when purchased individually was $9.99, meaning these are still perfectly in line with that.

I'm all for calling out bullshit when there's bullshit, but there's no bullshit here.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:45 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:DLC 6

UI Goku
Original New Charcter
???
???
If we're getting UI then maybe we'll get Jerin. Baby is the only main villain missing so maybe him as well. Mira's transformation counts as a "new" character and he and Towa were sold to us in XV1 even though they were in the game so they could do that again with his transformation.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:50 pm

Wow, with the new packs being a bit more expensive in Japan than the previous 4 I was not expecting them to be $10 just like DLC1-4, that's a nice surprise.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:10 pm

sintzu wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:DLC 6

UI Goku
Original New Charcter
???
???
If we're getting UI then maybe we'll get Jerin. Baby is the only main villain missing so maybe him as well. Mira's transformation counts as a "new" character and he and Towa were sold to us in XV1 even though they were in the game so they could do that again with his transformation.
I agree with you on Jiren though the last person could be anyone. Baby, Pikkon, Demigra, etc.

I dont think the original new character is Mira’s new form because they would have just said that. Mira’s form wouldn't be an original NEW character. An example of an original new character was when Android 21 was announced. She was a complete new, fresh on the scene, character. It could also be an unused concept which is why part of me hopes that it is Fuu, the son of Mira and Towa. He was a concept for the game Dragon Ball Online and he was said to play a big role when he grows up or in the future or something. Since XV takes a lot from DBOnline, i hope they take the concept of Fuu as well.

Also Mira’s new form in XV2 is a different case from Mira and Towa in XV1. MRA AND Towa in XV1 could be added because they weren’t over powered. XV2 Mira is. It’s like how Final Form Demigra was never added because he’s too over powered
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:20 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: XV2 Mira is. It’s like how Final Form Demigra was never added because he’s too over powered
Demigra not being added wasn't because of his stats, it's because his character was specifically created to be a boss in that stage, especially with that AOE move that would just be glitchy and bullshit on other maps; he was not made to be playable.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:08 pm

Kanassa wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: XV2 Mira is. It’s like how Final Form Demigra was never added because he’s too over powered
Demigra not being added wasn't because of his stats, it's because his character was specifically created to be a boss in that stage, especially with that AOE move that would just be glitchy and bullshit on other maps; he was not made to be playable.
And he was to big. It’s kinda the same situation with XV2 Mira. He was made to be a boss and so were his attacks which made him to op and therefore, he wasn’t made playable

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:37 am

If they bring in some attacks from Heroes...

Maybe these

Dark King's Flash
Dark Rebellion Trigger
Dark Kamehameha
Gigantic Destruction
Hell Lightning Cutter
Rebellion Edge
Minus Kili Zone

And put them in Xenoverse 2 DLC or Xenoverse 3 that would be cool

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:19 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
And he was to big. It’s kinda the same situation with XV2 Mira. He was made to be a boss and so were his attacks which made him to op and therefore, he wasn’t made playable
Moves can be changed and characters rebalanced for regular play.
Also Demigra wasn't much bigger than Broly and you were able to grab him.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:44 pm

If you don't think it's good value don't purchase it. Jesus what babies.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:10 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Kanassa wrote: Demigra not being added wasn't because of his stats, it's because his character was specifically created to be a boss in that stage, especially with that AOE move that would just be glitchy and bullshit on other maps; he was not made to be playable.
Moves can be changed and characters rebalanced for regular play.
Also Demigra wasn't much bigger than Broly and you were able to grab him.
I’m talking about Final Form Demigra, the monster lizard.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:13 pm

So what if they bring in Makyouka Form Demigra instead of His Giant Form?

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:25 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: I’m talking about Final Form Demigra, the monster lizard.
So am I.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:29 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:So am I.
Are you sure?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:01 pm

Largely Pointless but I've made a sort of strength checker for Xenoverse 2 (and hope to add 1 as well).

It includes probably too much story synopsis but it felt the scene setting context was needed to make the strength statements mean anything.

For example if a character says " I have the power to kill all of you" you kind of need to explain who is there that is included and it's relevant if someone was there earlier but left...

So it left it quite difficult as characters pop in an out of battles for narrative reasons fucking loads in XV.

But basically this should include story mode strength statements.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1I1I ... sp=sharing
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:32 pm

ZeroDio wrote:So what if they bring in Makyouka Form Demigra instead of His Giant Form?
That is something I'm down for. If Demigra returns, thats what i hope he’ll look like.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:46 pm

I hope Xenoverse 3 has these new features: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5N0Jon9sdg&t=0s

The thing about Xenoverse is that it has the potential to go passed 3 games unlike other dragonball games. It can always change up the story in the next game which by extension also provides potential for new unique characters like time breakers and demons and more lore.

With the creation of the hub, it also introduces a platform for more modes and mini games. Like the time rifts.

They can add a Beerus’s planet time rift and over their you can do stuff like get food for Whis and after giving him a certain amount he gives you a lesson in training you to be a god of destruction and then you have to give him more food to get the next lesson and by the end you get the title “God of Destruction” and you get special Time Patroller Destroyer clothes. And for Beerus he asks for food too and other times he sends you on missions to destroy stuff for him.

Another thing you can do is a King Kai’s planet rift and over their you see King Kai, Bubbles, Gregory, and occasionally tracksuit Goku. From their you can play mini games like race on snake way or catch bubbles or you can be Goku’s training partner, etc.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:31 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:I hope Xenoverse 3 has these new features: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5N0Jon9sdg&t=0s

The thing about Xenoverse is that it has the potential to go passed 3 games unlike other dragonball games. It can always change up the story in the next game which by extension also provides potential for new unique characters like time breakers and demons and more lore.

With the creation of the hub, it also introduces a platform for more modes and mini games. Like the time rifts.

They can add a Beerus’s planet time rift and over their you can do stuff like get food for Whis and after giving him a certain amount he gives you a lesson in training you to be a god of destruction and then you have to give him more food to get the next lesson and by the end you get the title “God of Destruction” and you get special Time Patroller Destroyer clothes. And for Beerus he asks for food too and other times he sends you on missions to destroy stuff for him.

Another thing you can do is a King Kai’s planet rift and over their you see King Kai, Bubbles, Gregory, and occasionally tracksuit Goku. From their you can play mini games like race on snake way or catch bubbles or you can be Goku’s training partner, etc.
Plus maybe 2 new Races as well?

Demon Race - that pulls Details from

Towa
Mira
Dabura
Putine
Shula
Melee
Salsa
Shroom
Churai
Gravy

Possible Demon Race Transformations = Darkness, Demon God, Mayouka

Android Race - Pulls details from

Android 8
Android 13 & Super 13
Android 14
Android 15
Android 16
Android 17 & Super 17 & Hell Fighter 17
Android 18
Android 19
Android 20
Android 21

Android Race Transformation skills = Super Android, Machine Mutant

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:39 am

Noah wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:So am I.
Are you sure?
Yes, hence the "not much bigger than Broly" comment.