"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:41 am

sintzu wrote:We've got multiple free DLC costumes so the same thing will most likely apply to ranger 17. I hope the 4th character is Baby as he's the only unplayable villain which is very surprising.
Those DLC costumes aren't separate character listings.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:35 am

Hero Coloseum is kinda fun, tough it's a drag and too obvious cash grab for TP Medals :(
I am enjoying the new characters tough. Tapion and Android 13 are my favorites. Android 13 is really fun to play, but I'd like to have him probably in his Ultimate form more, his standard design is too ordinary :)
I would also love to have PQ with Hirdegarn, simmilar to Oozaru battles, for Tapion to use :)
Tapion to me is more Dragon Quest character and little out of place in the roster as he is alone.

But I like these characters a lot more than those Super ones from previous DLC (But Zamasu and Black Rose are awesome as well!)
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:39 am

I hate to say it, but I'm thinking I'll actually buy a TP medal pack, and likely the big one, 5,000 for $30. :crazy: I need a little under 4,000 for what I currently know I need from the TP shop in terms of skills, outfit pieces, accessories, and Super Souls, and I know I'm missing a few other things that likely haven't cycled back into the shop for me yet (does that still change up every weekend now and it's just open throughout the week, I'm assuming?). Then there's the Hero Colosseum and it's TP-fest, so it won't hurt to have a good 500 or so left over after buying the other stuff. That's a good starting point to be at to continue grinding for Dragon Balls to wish for even more TP medals, while also trying to max out the rest of the mentors and get their mentor marks.

I don't think I even want to know how much money and time I've sunk into this damn game at this point. @__@
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:48 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:I hate to say it, but I'm thinking I'll actually buy a TP medal pack, and likely the big one, 5,000 for $30. :crazy: I need a little under 4,000 for what I currently know I need from the TP shop in terms of skills, outfit pieces, accessories, and Super Souls, and I know I'm missing a few other things that likely haven't cycled back into the shop for me yet (does that still change up every weekend now and it's just open throughout the week, I'm assuming?). Then there's the Hero Colosseum and it's TP-fest, so it won't hurt to have a good 500 or so left over after buying the other stuff. That's a good starting point to be at to continue grinding for Dragon Balls to wish for even more TP medals, while also trying to max out the rest of the mentors and get their mentor marks.

I don't think I even want to know how much money and time I've sunk into this damn game at this point. @__@
NOOOOO. Buying these packs will only encourage more microtransaction crap in the future.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:12 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:[spoiler]I hate to say it, but I'm thinking I'll actually buy a TP medal pack, and likely the big one, 5,000 for $30. :crazy: I need a little under 4,000 for what I currently know I need from the TP shop in terms of skills, outfit pieces, accessories, and Super Souls, and I know I'm missing a few other things that likely haven't cycled back into the shop for me yet (does that still change up every weekend now and it's just open throughout the week, I'm assuming?). Then there's the Hero Colosseum and it's TP-fest, so it won't hurt to have a good 500 or so left over after buying the other stuff. That's a good starting point to be at to continue grinding for Dragon Balls to wish for even more TP medals, while also trying to max out the rest of the mentors and get their mentor marks.

I don't think I even want to know how much money and time I've sunk into this damn game at this point. @__@[/spoiler]
NOOOOO. Buying these packs will only encourage more microtransaction crap in the future.
Agreed on this. Grinding Expert Mission 16 or 17 is far easier than wishing for medals with the Dragon Balls, and certainly a better decision than buying them via microtransactions. I'm all for supporting the game, but if you ask me, this isn't the way to do it.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:24 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:[spoiler]I hate to say it, but I'm thinking I'll actually buy a TP medal pack, and likely the big one, 5,000 for $30. :crazy: I need a little under 4,000 for what I currently know I need from the TP shop in terms of skills, outfit pieces, accessories, and Super Souls, and I know I'm missing a few other things that likely haven't cycled back into the shop for me yet (does that still change up every weekend now and it's just open throughout the week, I'm assuming?). Then there's the Hero Colosseum and it's TP-fest, so it won't hurt to have a good 500 or so left over after buying the other stuff. That's a good starting point to be at to continue grinding for Dragon Balls to wish for even more TP medals, while also trying to max out the rest of the mentors and get their mentor marks.

I don't think I even want to know how much money and time I've sunk into this damn game at this point. @__@[/spoiler]
Agreed on this. Grinding Expert Mission 16 or 17 is far easier than wishing for medals with the Dragon Balls, and certainly a better decision than buying them via microtransactions. I'm all for supporting the game, but if you ask me, this isn't the way to do it.
Yeah. EM17 gives 32 a go and it only takes about a minute. If you truly want everything in that game, it should only take roughly 2 hours of grinding. You only get 10 from the wish (which is a fucking disgrace) so don't bother with that.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:29 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:You only get 10 from the wish (which is a fucking disgrace) so don't bother with that.
No, you get 200 medals wishing from Shenlong.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:31 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:You only get 10 from the wish (which is a fucking disgrace) so don't bother with that.
No, you get 200 medals wishing from Shenlong.
Really, I read somewhere it was some small amount. My bad then. Still though, with 200 that's even less of a reason to buy TP medals.
Last edited by Dbzfan94 on Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:32 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Yeah. EM17 gives 32 a go and it only takes about a minute. If you truly want everything in that game, it should only take roughly 2 hours of grinding. You only get 10 from the wish (which is a fucking disgrace) so don't bother with that.
Believe me, I hate the idea of having to buy microtransaction things as much as anyone...but the minute they were implemented, people were going to use them. If just me not caving in was enough to make it go away, then maybe, but it won't make a difference in the long run, sadly.

As for doing EM17, that's the Vegeta one right? That one I do grind a lot as it is, but I've only ever gotten 16 from it I believe, not 32. :shock: And I could have sworn I read that the wish gave you 200 TP now, not 10. Which one is right on that?

But yeah, again, I hate the idea as much as anyone, but dear god, there's too much else to buy and way too many TP medals needed. I'd go mad before pulling it off (and Xenoverse 3 would be out the next day probably at that point too). At this point between buying the game when it first came out, and getting both Season Pass and Extra Pack Set DLC's...what's another $30. :crazy:

Edit: Oh good, it is 200 medals for the wish, phew.
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:34 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: As for doing EM17, that's the Vegeta one right?.
It's the SSB Goku one; idk if the bonus was over but I was grinding that last weke and it gave me 32.

Once you get everything possible, what then? Just stop playing? As you said XV3 will be out by then so why bother :lol:

That's something I could never do though props to you. This game is such a bore to me already and I'm only slugging through to gt the level 99 trophy; the last one I need.
Last edited by Dbzfan94 on Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:36 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:Yeah. EM17 gives 32 a go and it only takes about a minute. If you truly want everything in that game, it should only take roughly 2 hours of grinding. You only get 10 from the wish (which is a fucking disgrace) so don't bother with that.
EM16 and 17 actually give 16 medals per run, but there have been events recently and in the past that give you double TP medals.

And yeah, Shen Long's wish gives you 200 medals as of a couple updates ago - either DLC 3 or 4, if I'm not mistaken. It's still not really worth it, though. I remember someone calculating it in this thread and it turned out that grinding EM16/17 is a quicker 200 medals than farming for DBs.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:44 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote: As for doing EM17, that's the Vegeta one right?.
It's the SSB Goku one; idk if the bonus was over but I was grinding that last weke and it gave me 32.

Once you get everything possible, what then? Just stop playing? As you said XV3 will be out by then so why bother :lol:

That's something I could never do though props to you. This game is such a bore to me already and I'm only slugging through to gt the level 99 trophy; the last one I need.
Ohh, okay. That was likely a bonus if I had to guess, cuz unless they changed it, the Goku one gave the same as the Vegeta one last time I played it, and Vegeta's a lot easier to take down faster for some reason.

Actually, for me, once I get everything possible, I can set up the other created characters the way I'd like to in terms of outfits and skills, and play through story mode again with them at some point as well. It's something I've been putting off till I basically did everything else with my first and main created character, so there's still a ton to do. :mrgreen: Say what you will about the game's overall flaws, it's probably still my favorite game, or at least in the top five.
Anime Kitten wrote:And yeah, Shen Long's wish gives you 200 medals as of a couple updates ago - either DLC 3 or 4, if I'm not mistaken. It's still not really worth it, though. I remember someone calculating it in this thread and it turned out that grinding EM16/17 is a quicker 200 medals than farming for DBs.
Doing the EM's is definitely faster, but I'm also still working on maxing out a few mentors to get their marks, so the Dragon Ball farming works a bit better for that, since I can do the whole 'bring two AI versions of your current mentor with you' trick to boost it a bit faster. Once I've completed all the mentors though, if I ever need more TP medals past the bundle, then it'd definitely be the EM grinding for me. Basically with the Dragon Ball wish method, I'm just killing two birds with one stone.
Twitter

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:55 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: I can set up the other created characters the way I'd like to in terms of outfits and skills, and play through story mode again with them at some point as well.
That's what I did; or at least part of the story to do the Awoken Skill trophy; and after the 5th time it was NOT fun. :lol:

Xenoverse isn't in close to my favorite DBZ game let alone favorite game overall, but I'm glad others find enjoyment out of it.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:02 pm

Oh yeah, I doubt I'd call it a favorite game overall - I just meant in terms of DBZ games. Again, I know it's not perfect, but XV2 is enough of an improvement over the first one (which was already very much something I'd been wanting in a DB game for a long time: an original story, character creation, etc.) that I get a ton of enjoyment out of it...as well as frustration brought down upon me by RNGesus.
Twitter

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:02 pm

A nice trick to leveling up new CACs if you have the DLC is to equip 40 Ton Weights, pick the last PQ from Pack 3 (the Trunks --> Black --> Zamasu --> Rosé Black one), and let Trunks kill you. You'll level up several times, and it's literally effortless. Rinse and repeat a few times, and once you get to level 25-30, you should be able to clear the quest (with the normal, non-ultimate finish). Boost your attributes as you choose once you're done letting yourself get killed and you can breeze through the story (optionally replaying the PQ to level up more - you'll be able to get the ultimate finish eventually) to get to level 70 or so. I've done it three times so far.
MyAnimeList | AniList

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:08 pm

Purchasing micro transactions in games with free content updates funds those free content updates, it can also mean a higher budget for the next game.
Xenoverse 2's micro transactions aren't even bad, the fact that you can just grind for a little bit to ignore them shows how harmless they are.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:43 pm

Is there a reason the remaining skills are gone from the TP Shop?
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:12 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:Is there a reason the remaining skills are gone from the TP Shop?
I'm assuming they cycle in and out with each coming weekend, similarly to how they did before, won't they? Probably the only change was that the store is open all week instead of just for a few days, giving you more time to get said in-and-out items.
Twitter

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:27 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Oh yeah, I doubt I'd call it a favorite game overall - I just meant in terms of DBZ games. Again, I know it's not perfect, but XV2 is enough of an improvement over the first one (which was already very much something I'd been wanting in a DB game for a long time: an original story, character creation, etc.) that I get a ton of enjoyment out of it...as well as frustration brought down upon me by RNGesus.
This is exactly how I feel. I played DBO, still do in the form of DBO Global, but XV2 is the closest thing to a DB MMO (my dream game) I'm going to get.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:23 pm

I just noticed there's a trophy for getting to Lv. 99. Does...that not work if you ever wished to reach that level or something? Because I'm Lv. 99 now. Bah.
Twitter