"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TobyS
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TobyS » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:20 pm

Is there any point to the freeza raids if you have the trackies?

Is the headgear still available?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:59 pm

Zeru14 wrote:
ShadowBardock89 wrote:I really do not see the resemblance to Fu's DBO design.
They have the same skin color and pointy ears, we don't see baby Fu's hair color because he's wearing some weird hat/helmet? in his concept art, but it stands to reason that his hair color would be white since both his parents have that color. And with Towa and Mira seemingly dead who else could be the one messing with the events of the U6 vs U7 tournament and Zamasu's rebellion.
I thought they were horns under the cap. It makes sense as Dabura (Fu's uncle) has horns.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:21 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:
Zeru14 wrote:
ShadowBardock89 wrote:I really do not see the resemblance to Fu's DBO design.
They have the same skin color and pointy ears, we don't see baby Fu's hair color because he's wearing some weird hat/helmet? in his concept art, but it stands to reason that his hair color would be white since both his parents have that color. And with Towa and Mira seemingly dead who else could be the one messing with the events of the U6 vs U7 tournament and Zamasu's rebellion.
I thought they were horns under the cap. It makes sense as Dabura (Fu's uncle) has horns.
Maybe he grows them when he transforms...
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:27 pm

With the whole 'Change the Color of your attacks' thing, maybe that's the 'Animation Viewer' thing that was found in the files.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:59 pm

I never thought Fu had horns, always assumed it was just his hat, like the hat Trunks had as a baby.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:04 pm

One thing that recently pissed me off was that Bandai introduced that update for PC which kinda hurt modding, but seeing them adding this customization option and more alternate costumes like Super Satan, I kinda see why they did that.

Still, the more I think about it, I'm not expecting a whole lot out of this new features. I think they're just treading the waters in order to add a truly in depth one in Xenoverse 3, for which this Extra Pack seems to be used as a lead-in.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:35 pm

Love his design, he looks like a dorky kid and I hope his personality reflects that; while still showing that he's a threat of course.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:43 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
MKCSTEALTH wrote:This scan has a lot of fascinating stuff. Love Fu's design, and the whole Super Saiyan Mr. Satan thing looks wacky. Btw, what's up with Goku in the scan? It looks like in that tiny picture he's wearing the Time Patrol jumpsuit and next to Mr. Satan he's wearing the Journey to the West outfit. What does that imply?
You can get a partner (for example Goku) and you can customize their outfit and moveset.
It's unclear if the only partner is Goku, but they show Super Satan in the same info bar, so hopefully not.
I'm assuming that's going to be limited to a set number of characters? Because if not, that amazing

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:52 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
MKCSTEALTH wrote:This scan has a lot of fascinating stuff. Love Fu's design, and the whole Super Saiyan Mr. Satan thing looks wacky. Btw, what's up with Goku in the scan? It looks like in that tiny picture he's wearing the Time Patrol jumpsuit and next to Mr. Satan he's wearing the Journey to the West outfit. What does that imply?
You can get a partner (for example Goku) and you can customize their outfit and moveset.
It's unclear if the only partner is Goku, but they show Super Satan in the same info bar, so hopefully not.
I'm assuming that's going to be limited to a set number of characters? Because if not, that amazing
I can't imagine how outfits would work with Hit or th bigger characters...

Kanassa wrote:

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:00 pm

My fiancee is just super jazzed because she totally called Fuu being a thing that would be added, and I was doubtful (prior to the codediggers finding the 'Fu' listing and all, I thought they'd save him for Xenoverse 3). Can't wait to see what they have in store for him.

In regards to what I asked about before though -
Kanassa wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:Don't quote me on this but I believe those are from doing the race quests. Freeza mission as Freeza race, Vegeta missions as a Saiyan, etc.
I don't think it's a race thing, you should get hose clothes just for completing Freeza Force Quests
And with the SUper Souls, I remember those being PQ rewards.
Checked out the Freeza Quest things, and at least one of them was indeed from that - I had to choose Dodoria instead of Zarbon, and seemingly the other two come from choosing Cooler instead of Freeza, so I just have to mess around in one of my alternate characters' playthroughs until I have that option. For the Super Souls though, I'll have to double check on the PQ listings but I'm almost certain I checked and got all of the PQ related Super Souls, so I'unno. Thanks for the heads up though!
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:17 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:
We'll see, I'm not expecting it to be the full cast, but it at least paves the way to being able to customize the cast in the next game.
Kanassa wrote: I can't imagine how outfits would work with Hit or th bigger characters...
They could always restrict the customization on those characters to just moves and colors.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:44 pm

[spoiler]Jaco did nothing wrong XD. Why is he being harassed? And I like how Goten is saying he should arrest Champa, even though he should arrest all three of you for harassing him, even though what he did was perfectly legal XD.[/spoiler]
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:13 pm

Funny, Fuu kind of acts as a parallel to Trunks if you think about it:
Both were known as the mysterious youth before being revealed.
Swordsman
Mess With Time
Son of a previous villain
Son of a scientist
Lost his parents while he was still a baby.

All we need is him being introduced dicing up a villain...

Kanassa wrote:

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:35 pm

Kanassa wrote:Funny, Fuu kind of acts as a parallel to Trunks if you think about it:
Swordsman
Mess With Time
Son of a scientist

He'll be introduced dicing up the XV1 hero, lmao.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:42 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:He'll be introduced dicing up the XV1 hero, lmao.
That...would actually be a really interesting (albeit sad in a way for those of us who played through all of 1 with that character) hook to lead in to 3, as well as being a valid reason for us only being able to maybe upload our character from 2 into 3 the same way we did previously. I'd be game for that.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:46 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:He'll be introduced dicing up the XV1 hero, lmao.
That...would actually be a really interesting (albeit sad in a way for those of us who played through all of 1 with that character) hook to lead in to 3, as well as being a valid reason for us only being able to maybe upload our character from 2 into 3 the same way we did previously. I'd be game for that.
Already been predicting our XV1 hero's death for a while now. Maybe this will somehow be what pushes our character to get the blue transformation.

Kanassa wrote:

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:10 pm

I personally want Bebi Vegeta and Hatchiyack to be in the 6th DLC pack. So they can wrap up the GT and Movie/Special characters that didn't get added to the game.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:17 pm

Kanassa wrote:Funny, Fuu kind of acts as a parallel to Trunks if you think about it:
Swordsman
Mess With Time
Son of a scientist

Did you just copy what i said? I literally just posted a topic about this on gamefaqs some hours ago! :shock:
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:20 pm

If the “Deluxe Edition” has access to all four existing downloadable content packs, how can I tell if I'm buying the complete version of the game or the normal version that came out last year? I try to see if the Deluxe Edition is sold at my local Gamestop, but I can't tell which version I'm buying.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:21 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I personally want Bebi Vegeta and Hatchiyack to be in the 6th DLC pack. So they can wrap up the GT and Movie/Special characters that didn't get added to the game.
You say that but we're also missing Garlic Jr., Super 13, Full Power Bojack and Bio Broly.