"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:08 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:he’s gonna drop his nerdy act and be an equal fusion of both his parents. Clever and smart but a total powerhouse.
That's what his adolescent/adult design and his Dragon Ball Online's description pretty much say about him. The glasses are obviously a reference to a "doctor"/scientist (alluding to Towa) and the description says Fu inherited Mira's strength, most likely Dimps will bring this concept too.
AnimeNation101 wrote:He might even have a transformation.
Hopefully, so that he gets rid of that hair and the glasses.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:33 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:Ya know. Considering how Mira has his Super Mira form, I have a feeling that after meeting Mira and Towa, the next time we meet Fuu, he’s gonna drop his nerdy act and be an equal fusion of both his parents. Clever and smart but a total powerhouse. He might even have a transformation.

I wonder what he’s gonna do with the energy he’s researching...
I don't think the nerd part is an act, I think he'll be a big threat; an utter dork that'll kick your ass.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:39 pm

Kanassa wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:Ya know. Considering how Mira has his Super Mira form, I have a feeling that after meeting Mira and Towa, the next time we meet Fuu, he’s gonna drop his nerdy act and be an equal fusion of both his parents. Clever and smart but a total powerhouse. He might even have a transformation.

I don't think the nerd part is an act, I think he'll be a big threat; an utter dork that'll kick your ass.
Yeah but as a final boss? XV1 we got Monster Lizard Demon God Demigra. XV2 we got SSJ5 Tokitoki Universe Egg + Towa absorbed Demon Android Mira.
I dont think XV3 would just be Nerdy Demon with sword. Savage Super Demon God with demonic sword sounds like a final boss.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:45 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:

Yeah but as a final boss? XV1 we got Monster Lizard Demon God Demigra. XV2 we got SSJ5 Tokitoki Universe Egg + Towa absorbed Demon Android Mira.
I dont think XV3 would just be Nerdy Demon with sword. Savage Super Demon God with demonic sword sounds like a final boss.
Wasn't saying he'd keep his base look, jsut saying that I don't think his nerdy attire and aura is just an act.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:15 am

Kanassa wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Kanassa wrote: I don't think the nerd part is an act, I think he'll be a big threat; an utter dork that'll kick your ass.
Wasn't saying he'd keep his base look, jsut saying that I don't think his nerdy attire and aura is just an act.
By “act” i meant the way he’s been acting. I dont thinks its a facade, i just think that after meeting Mira and Towa, he’ll be less of a nerd and more of a fighter from Mira’s side
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:15 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:

Honestly I believe XV3 will use a lot of elements from SDBH 1-8 and make it about mechikabura regaining his youth, I don’t think it’ll be exactly the same but I do believe xv3 will involve mechikabura

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:18 pm

My only nitpick about this DLC is that we are not going to get the Tournament of Power arena, I'd love to see that, but the rest is fine.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:08 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:My only nitpick about this DLC is that we are not going to get the Tournament of Power arena, I'd love to see that, but the rest is fine.
Part of me believes that we’ll still get a new stage. Every DLC where we get a story extension, we always get a new stage. They still have stuff that they didn’t cover. We dont know what Parallel Quests, Expert Missions, or even clothes and accessories we’ll be getting.

I still think we could get:

The T.o.P Arena
Caulifla’s clothes
Kale’s clothes
Hit’s clothes
Maybe some God of destruction clothes

We might even get more stuff for the free update. Stuff like:

SSJ2 Cabba preset
Tracksuit 18 preset
T.o.P Goku preset with blue as a transformation (since the Cacs will be getting it)
Same with Vegeta
Freeza preset with Golden as a transformation and the 10 fingered death beam Ult.

This is all just wishful thinking though... But if the DLC really is delayed, it could happen although i might not be worth a delay because I want to test out the choice-system for the new story mode.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:35 pm

For as divisive as they became, I still want Kale and Caulifla eventually. Along with Toppo and Ribrianne (at least her of the Kamikaze Fireballs).

Though, with the Pride Trooper Uniform, you can make an "almost" Toppo with a fat male Buu CaC. There's techniques similar to Justice Flash (though only as Super moves) as well.

I may or may not have called mine "Oppot".

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:18 pm

With stuff as crazy as what we are getting for just Extra Pack 2 alone like being able to make your own choices to change the outcome, team-attacks, and mentor customizations, is it really crazy anymore to even slightly expect something like color customizable aruas or blast attacks?

I really think its possible now and I dont even really think it would be that difficult. I’d even by alright with all aruas already in the game being accessible for our Cacs which is also pretty simple.

I honestly expect 3 things to without a doubt, make it into xv3.

1.) New Race (either Kaioshin, Demons/Makaioshin, or a fusion of both)

2.) 2 New race features (specifically SSJ hair will stand up, Buu’s will somehow have access to the Super Buu/Fit Buu type body build)

3.) One new costumizable game mechanic (either we can use fighting styles from original characters, we can change our arua colors, or we can alter the colors of biast attacks)

I am so convinced that XV3 will deliver in these 3 things. On a side note, i feel like a lot of the stuff introduced into these Extra Packs are stuff they are testing out for XV3.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:00 am

AnimeNation101 wrote: I am so convinced that XV3 will deliver in these 3 things. On a side note, i feel like a lot of the stuff introduced into these Extra Packs are stuff they are testing out for XV3.
I would not be surprised if these are lesser stages of mechanics they were developing for XV3 that they saw an opportunity to test. Remember, the extra packs weren't planned until after the success of DLC 4

Kanassa wrote:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:16 am

The official Twitter posted this image while talking about XV2's latest DLC information. Doesn't seem to be XV2 to me but anyway. If only someone, something talked about the ACTUAL release date... :roll:

Better look at the V-Jump images:

[spoiler]Image Image Image[/spoiler]
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:57 am

Grimlock wrote:The official Twitter posted this image while talking about XV2's latest DLC information. Doesn't seem to be XV2 to me but anyway. If only someone, something talked about the ACTUAL release date... :roll:

Better look at the V-Jump images:

[spoiler]Image Image Image[/spoiler]
Yeah these are definitely those good lookin XV2 cutscenes. Seems like Fuu’s about to square up with Mastered UI Goku and Chronoa is trapped. I dont know why Fuu is so confident...

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:44 pm

Can anyone translate the clearer text in the tokipedia image?

Kanassa wrote:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:21 pm

Another screenshot of Master Ultra Instinct.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:23 pm

I'd hope the DLC isn't delayed, but I feel like it probably will be so as not to spoil the ending for the ToP, if there's going to be CGI cutscenes like the Goku vs Hit fight.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:58 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Another screenshot of Master Ultra Instinct.

That silver energy though :o :o :o

Taking a guess to say we won't be getting the DLC this month. Maybe next month?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:41 pm

Translation of the Tokipedia pic
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Kanassa wrote:

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:52 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Another screenshot of Master Ultra Instinct.

That silver energy though :o :o :o

Taking a guess to say we won't be getting the DLC this month. Maybe next month?
Maybe the Tuesday after Super 131 airs, since it''ll be the very last episode of this arc & maybe Super overall.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:39 pm

Kanassa wrote:Translation of the Tokipedia pic
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
This is really confusing. I’m assuming that the blue side is choosing to defend history while the purple is choosing to change it. And from the characters shown, they’re all mentors and the scan did say that the mentor we choose to bring with us will also affect the timeline. But then again, i think i see Tapion’s head (although it could be Androi 16) and Trunks at the far bottom. Tapion isn’t a mentor and none of the forms of Trunks are mentors.

Also, it seems like depending on the mentor you choose, all choices still end up connecting back to the same path until the next mission/scenario.

So, does this work in terms of Saiyan Arc to U6 v U7 arc? Because the missions seem all over the place...

Oh! Or maybe the hexagon spots that have 1/3 or 1/5 are for how many possible routes you have unlocked. This is amazingly complicated right now... I love it!