"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Scsigs
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Scsigs » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:14 pm

Kanassa wrote:[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Pictures of itnerest. And look, Fu completed his Father's move.
It looks like we can alter the color schemes of the character's outfits like ours, which is really cool. However, I hope we can mod their outfits by putting them in a lot of different stuff.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:37 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:I really wish those cutscenes are what the actual models looked like in game
I wish all the game models looked nicer, but it really bugs me when they go out of their way to create new or or more accurate versions for the cutscenes that we don't just to use in the game itself. Granted they aren't the exact same type of model as used for the game engine, but port them or something...

SSRage Trunks with accurate hair...
SSRosé Goku Black with accurate hair...
Dabra without Bobbidi's emblem...
Instinct -Omen- Goku...
Better hair for mastered Instinct Goku than the current "spiky helmet"...

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:54 pm

They aren't going to swap out a bunch of models this late in the game, but for the next game... well that's a different story.
I think all of the original models for XV2 (I'm not including models based on old models, like Goku Black) are pretty good, especially the most recent DLC ones, my main problem is with the shading style of the game. There is really no excuse for the CG cutscenes to have Ikari but to not make that form available in game though, would have liked Omen as a variation for UI too.
Scsigs wrote:
Image[/spoiler]
It looks like we can alter the color schemes of the character's outfits like ours, which is really cool. However, I hope we can mod their outfits by putting them in a lot of different stuff.
We've known this for months, they showed that off when they first showed this DLC.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:14 pm

I'm speechless. This is some of the craziest stuff I've ever seen. This is the kinda stuff I want XV3 to have and we're getting it now!

They haven't shown off everything though. We still haven't seen much about mentor customization or if we can even change the color of attacks. But this is still so crazy to see. I seriously can't wait. Wednesday can't get here fast enough!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:23 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:They aren't going to swap out a bunch of models this late in the game, but for the next game... well that's a different story.
I think all of the original models for XV2 (I'm not including models based on old models, like Goku Black) are pretty good, especially the most recent DLC ones, my main problem is with the shading style of the game. There is really no excuse for the CG cutscenes to have Ikari but to not make that form available in game though, would have liked Omen as a variation for UI too.
I want all the models in general to look better, but I'm not asking them to overhaul everything in just a DLC. But I would like if they're going to do something like create an accurate hair model for SSRosé in the cutscene, they update the in-game model with it too.

Most of the effort in that would go towards lowering the quality of the poly count from the ones used in cutscenes to those used for in-game, as swapping them in is quite literally almost effortless. They can generally reuse the old texture/model parts for whatever they swap in, so you only need to change one file for each character. For the 5 examples I specifically pointed, it would probably amount to less than 1500 KB worth of a change. (Rosé's hair model, Rage's hair model, Dabra's face texture, and Instinct hair model. An Omen variation could simply have the ean coded to use other parts and textures from base Goku's preexisting outfits.)

I'd just mod it myself instead of bitching, but I don't believe the model data is stored on disc for the ones used in the cutscenes.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:29 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:We've known this for months, they showed that off when they first showed this DLC.
We've known that we were gonna change their clothes, but not that we were gonna be able to palette swap their clothes.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:30 pm

Well, another thing I'd like is for Gokuu and Bejita to have their standard Outfits in Conton City as mentors. I mean yes, as far es the original Main Story went, they had to wear their RoF Outfits, but those are old news by now (and personally I never liked those anyway). It's not a "must be" thing, but it would be a nice touch. Or even better: since we are can alter our mentors outfits, maybe they gonna wear the ones we have chosen, colored and edited for them. Would be cool to have Gohan and Videl wear their Highschool outfits or Gokuu Gi and "after her Spopovich beating" outfit.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:31 pm

Scsigs wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:We've known this for months, they showed that off when they first showed this DLC.
We've known that we were gonna change their clothes, but not that we were gonna be able to palette swap their clothes.
No, we knew about the color changing, the very first scan showed it off with Goku's outfit being different colors.

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:33 pm

I think most of the models in XV2 are pretty decent, except Goku and Vegeta who look really odd to me for some reason. They are really well detailed in facial movements and such though, which allows me to look past a lot of the wonk. The shading definitely could be improved.
That being said, I definitely wouldn't complain if XV3 looks like XV2's FMVs. Those are such a wonderful visual feast.

Slight change of pace: There's a Time Breaker Bardock raid planned for tomorrow and running until the 28th. Rewards seem to be the typical TP Medals, Towa and Mira's Super Souls (whoop-de-doo), a few titles, and something about a metal costume.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:38 pm

Unless Jiren's attacks boast of the highest damage points in the game, he doesn't look like anything special from the trailers. But we will see indeed.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:40 pm

Nia wrote: They are really well detailed in facial movements and such though, which allows me to look past a lot of the wonk. The shading definitely could be improved.
That being said, I definitely wouldn't complain if XV3 looks like XV2's FMVs. Those are such a wonderful visual feast.
I disagree there. Whenever a character comes out in a PQ for example, their jaw hangs open and it looks so awkward. It was most noticeable in the early cutscenes of the Hero Colloseum.

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:18 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Nia wrote: They are really well detailed in facial movements and such though, which allows me to look past a lot of the wonk. The shading definitely could be improved.
I disagree there. Whenever a character comes out in a PQ for example, their jaw hangs open and it looks so awkward. It was most noticeable in the early cutscenes of the Hero Colloseum.
I meant during the main cutscenes, not the simple conversations. If you watch the way their faces move during the actual scenes, it's very well detailed. Even in fights, specific animations have really good expressions (Super God Fist, for example).
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:25 pm

Scsigs wrote:
Image[/spoiler]
I just noticed you can replace Whis' staff with the poop on a stick. I wonder what else you can customize characters with?

I wonder what Broly can be customized with.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:16 pm

Dragon Wukong wrote:
I just noticed you can replace Whis' staff with the poop on a stick. I wonder what else you can customize characters with?

I had to check, but yep, you're right.
I'm sticking with the assumption that you are stuck with preset costumes, so if that is the case this is a new Whis costume.
I'd love to be wrong though, it'd be awesome if you could actually customize the characters' looks outside of colors.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:12 pm

Yeah its gonna be preset unfortunately, I'd say that Whis thing confirms it. Like Whis will have an accessory slot and that will be the only option (maybe a couple other stick like accessories I'm forgetting).

It will still be cool and I think we will at least be able to colourise everything outside of accessories.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:30 pm

Sooo... is the void inside Whis’s staff confirmed to be a new stage that we can use or...? It was shown in the trailer multiple times.

I’m liking Fu’s attacks. He has some great supers that can connect into combos. I’m hoping we get Fu’s attacks and also UI Goku’s attacks.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:32 pm

nato25 wrote:Yeah its gonna be preset unfortunately, I'd say that Whis thing confirms it. Like Whis will have an accessory slot and that will be the only option (maybe a couple other stick like accessories I'm forgetting).

It will still be cool and I think we will at least be able to colourise everything outside of accessories.
I still don’t think we can colorize blasts. I think that was just a mistranslation or misinterpretation. Where did it say that anyway?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:36 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Dragon Wukong wrote:

I had to check, but yep, you're right.
I'm sticking with the assumption that you are stuck with preset costumes, so if that is the case this is a new Whis costume.
I'd love to be wrong though, it'd be awesome if you could actually customize the characters' looks outside of colors.
I'll be sad if it's just presets, but if Goku getting Divine Lasso in that one scan is any indication it looks like there'll be some really good moveset customization too. I really want to see more of that.

I hope Zamasu also gets Black's moves.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:01 pm

The one question that popped up in my head during my hype filled Dragonball farming today to get my Saiyan Lady to level 99 was:

Can we actually play as our customized masters? Or are we potentially giving them moves and potentially transformations that the AI doesn't always use.

AI from my experience never transforms. I have seen the AI use such moves as Divine Lasso, but a handful of others it just sort of depends.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:05 pm

This DLC looks interesting. I might actually have to get this one. Will it matter to not have the others?

In the trailer it showed you fighting Black and Zamasu on the Stage that came with that pack but I wouldn't have that.