"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:07 am

Asura wrote:I'm surprised this game still receives updates. I wonder if this means Xenoverse 3 isn't going to be for a long while?
Why? Did you think FighterZ would surpass this game? lol
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Lek
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lek » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:08 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote: Interesting, I've beaten the whole story but he's not anywhere I can see, do I have to fly very high up?
He is up pretty high. If you stand between the tournament registration and the PQ dome he should be right above. Just fly up and he'll be there.

This video shows his location at 2:28

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:24 am

So what's really "Infinite" about the "Infinite" History Pack?

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:26 am

Majin Demigra wrote:So what's really "Infinite" about the "Infinite" History Pack?
Fu's eccentric behavior.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:30 am

Majin Demigra wrote:So what's really "Infinite" about the "Infinite" History Pack?
In-Universe Fu offers the ability to repeat all these histories, so in essence, these histories never end du to the man who wears 'Infinite' as his symbol.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Lunaar
Patreon Supporter

Post by Lunaar » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:40 am

jeffbr92 wrote:
Asura wrote:I'm surprised this game still receives updates. I wonder if this means Xenoverse 3 isn't going to be for a long while?
Why? Did you think FighterZ would surpass this game? lol
lol
Has nothing to do with FighterZ, but okay. It surpassed Xenoverse 2 already, since day one. Unless "surpass" refers to another means of comparison outside of sales...?

Xenoverse 3, to our knowledge, has not started production - so yes, it could be another year or two. I'm hoping it's on the slow side, myself. Can't wait to see what they can do with lots of time.
Gogegito wrote:Gotenks said "I cant let him fight just like that, please trunks help me, he's my brother" And trunks also had undesrstanding eyes.
Ajay wrote:It's probably savagely lit. I dunno.
Steam ID: Lunaar
★頭カラッポの方が 夢詰め込める★

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:11 am

Does Fuu haev any quotes with Mira or Towa? I'm expecting some stupid strict parents stuff
"Young man, you revive the Demon Realm RIGHT now or there will be no history changing for a month!"

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:14 am

Lunaar wrote:Has nothing to do with FighterZ, but okay. It surpassed Xenoverse 2 already, since day one. Unless "surpass" refers to another means of comparison outside of sales...?
Well, outside sales... What else FighterZ surpassed XV2?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:24 am

Gotta say, so far I'm loving the replayability of these levels in Tokipedia, with all the differences that come in. Some quickly become pure chaos in the best possible way. :lol:

For example -

[spoiler]The one I just finished doing again was 'Android Assault on History'. By default, that sets up your team of your CAC, Perfect Cell, and whatever mentor you bring along with you, right? In this case, I had Goku. And because I had Goku, not only was I up against Androids 17, 18, and 13 (all bickering with Cell about who gets to kill Goku), once one of them is taken out, Android 16 pops up to take their place, bickering about the same thing. Take out one of the other remainders, and VEGETA pops in to bicker about how only he can take down Kakarot, because Vegeta. All the while, Goku is amazed at how many people want to kill him, and how he'd really rather stay alive.[/spoiler]

It's amazing. :lol:
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:33 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Gotta say, so far I'm loving the replayability of these levels in Tokipedia, with all the differences that come in. Some quickly become pure chaos in the best possible way. :lol:

For example -

[spoiler]The one I just finished doing again was 'Android Assault on History'. By default, that sets up your team of your CAC, Perfect Cell, and whatever mentor you bring along with you, right? In this case, I had Goku. And because I had Goku, not only was I up against Androids 17, 18, and 13 (all bickering with Cell about who gets to kill Goku), once one of them is taken out, Android 16 pops up to take their place, bickering about the same thing. Take out one of the other remainders, and VEGETA pops in to bicker about how only he can take down Kakarot, because Vegeta. All the while, Goku is amazed at how many people want to kill him, and how he'd really rather stay alive.[/spoiler]

It's amazing. :lol:
[spoiler]It can get pretty crazy. Next time, try going in with Fu and kill Cell first, the ending is both funny and a bit sweet.[/spoiler]

Kanassa wrote:

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:36 am

Funi didn't dub a piece of Raditz's dialogue in the "Champion go Change" story in Extra Pack 2. It's nothing important but the missing Dub reminds me of Nozawa's laugh at the end of XV...1? Or was it 2, I've forgotten.
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:35 pm

sintzu wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
sintzu wrote:
1- The devil'scorpse said he found out that it won't be out for awhile.

2- According to a PC hack, there could be 2 more packs on the way.
Can you link me to the proof of both of your statements?
You can find both in the previous pages.
Steven Bloodriver wrote:[spoiler]Does anything happen to Dabura after he had been turned into stone?[/spoiler]
Based on what I've played no.
I can’t find anything about a PC hack. I only found stuff from thedevilscorpse
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:15 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:I can’t find anything about a PC hack. I only found stuff from thedevilscorpse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHkb8JD5FQI

Take it with a massive grain of salt as it could be nothing but based on how well the previous DLC did and the last 2 packs being released as a result, hopefully it turns out to be true as there are still characters I'd like to see such as Baby and Freeza and Cell's second forms.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:23 pm

This scan said that Goku has this “accelerated stamina”. I have the update, but I don’t know how to activate this perk. How do you do so? Or is this not a thing despite the scan?

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:31 pm

sintzu wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:I can’t find anything about a PC hack. I only found stuff from thedevilscorpse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHkb8JD5FQI

Take it with a massive grain of salt as it could be nothing but based on how well the previous DLC did and the last 2 packs being released as a result, hopefully it turns out to be true as there are still characters I'd like to see such as Baby and Freeza and Cell's second forms.
Oh that. Those aren’t pc hacks. You can find those on the steamdb.info page. The files aren’t their anymore. They have been moved. I checked awhile back.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:36 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:The files aren’t their anymore. They have been moved. I checked awhile back.
Why do you think they did that ? were they there as a mistake or are they trying to hide something now ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:46 pm

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:This scan said that Goku has this “accelerated stamina”. I have the update, but I don’t know how to activate this perk. How do you do so? Or is this not a thing despite the scan?
Interesting. I wonder if this is the magazine's fancy way of saying "Surging Spirit." Which is UI Goku's version of Maximum Change? But then again I think I have reactivated Godly Display when I intinally missed the attack much like the mag expresses.
I'd be interested in testing this out because I am still trying to figure out how the "Ultra Instinct" Super Soul works. It only activates when UI Goku is dangerously close to dying.
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:13 pm

I'm playing around with Jiren some more. His basic combo strings are plenty strong but I can't really get the hang of Power Impact. The charge time is too long to land a max power hit on most enemies. I want to get it for my OC but that PQ is a nightmare. :crazy:

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:40 pm

GTx10 wrote:
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:This scan said that Goku has this “accelerated stamina”. I have the update, but I don’t know how to activate this perk. How do you do so? Or is this not a thing despite the scan?
Interesting. I wonder if this is the magazine's fancy way of saying "Surging Spirit." Which is UI Goku's version of Maximum Change? But then again I think I have reactivated Godly Display when I intinally missed the attack much like the mag expresses.
I'd be interested in testing this out because I am still trying to figure out how the "Ultra Instinct" Super Soul works. It only activates when UI Goku is dangerously close to dying.
I don't think so, as Surging Spirit charges your ki. I mean, the way the scan described it, I was assuming that "accelerated stamina" meant that your stamina recovery would increase if you stayed in one place, but that doesn't happen.

Interesting indeed. Maybe it's his Super Soul? Hmm. I just wanna know what that scan meant.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:49 pm

Huh. So, I just fully completed 'Android Assault on History' with each of the different mentors, but it seems to be still missing something as it's sitting at 86.0% rather than 100%. :/ Is there a secret one not listed that you have to bring along or something?

Just to be clear, this is what I've done with it so far.

[spoiler]1 ) Goku - This caused Androids 17, 18, 13, and Cell to bicker amongst themselves about who gets to kill Goku. Beating any one of them allows 16 to pop in for the same thing. Beating another then brings in Vegeta for the same reason.
2 ) Android 18 - The Future 18 ends up insulting your partner 18, and she decides to take on the two Future androids by herself, leaving you and Cell to deal with 13 alone.
3 ) Broly - Broly goes crazy and everyone remarks on it. I want to say it stayed straight-forward on beating the three Androids, but then it was after that Broly turns on you cuz he still wants to fight, so it's you and Cell up against him.
4 ) Bardock - Bardock is impressed with Cell's attitude, so after you take down the Androids, Bardock wants to fight Cell, so you both go up against Cell.
5 ) Krillin - This one was the first one I did on the first runthrough, just because I was using him as a mentor at the time. He basically had a really, really, REALLY long back-and-forth dialogue with 18, don't recall any other surprises there.
6 ) Hercule - He ends up finding a way to stay out of the fight, leaving you to deal with everyone on your own.
7 ) Beerus - The same as above, he wants food so he leaves to go make Whis make him some.
8 ) Jaco - Same as Hercule's, he chickens out, leaving you on your own.
9 ) Whis - Same as Beerus's, he leaves to go make some food for Beerus.[/spoiler]

So is there another secret mentor to bring along on this one, or is there something I need to trigger in one of the other ones first?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)