"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:04 am

nato25 wrote:Anyone know if meditation is 'You got Skill!' drop during the mission or you won't know if you got it to the end? Jirens Ultimate Power Rush is confirmed a results screen drop if you were curious, I think that's normally the case with ultimates.
Yep, Meditation drops from Jiren with a "You Got Skill" message. The same goes for Power Impact in its quest.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:42 am

Jackalope89 wrote:With high health, it auto-regens your Ki.
"Right then, let's begin the experiment!" And it also boosts ki-based abilities.
That Super soul does completely negate the ki drain of Blue, but given my current build where after a couple of hits it deactivates

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:34 pm

Where can I get SSJ Blue?
The story is kinda fun. I really like UI Goku and Fu characters gameplay wise. Jiren has some fun fast combos but was never much fan of the Super designs and Android 17 in Ranger outfit, should've been rather costume only, as I don't see him being any new or radically different character from his Android Arc version. I like how the writing on his shirt is MIR (peace) in most slavic languages... just a tidbit from his Super visual.

I find the alternate paths kinda fun, but after two instalments in Xenoverse series, I think this is the most complete modern day DB game I can get with the DLC's.
I probably won't go for Xenoverse 3 tough, will buy FighterZ and that's it.

Btw. anyone bought the anime music pack? It cost kind a lot here in my country when it's transfered to out currency and being it more expensive than the DLC, with like 10 songs and only 2 or 3 of them being actual BGM from anime, including recap song, it's not justifiable for me at all, so I am happy with what I've got so far and my journey with Xenoverse 2 ends, it was fun ride :)
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:50 pm

MCDaveG wrote:Where can I get SSJ Blue?
Talk to Whis with a Saiyan Time Patroller.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:07 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:
Gotta also be level 90 and have max friendship with him I believe.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:31 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
ShadowBardock89 wrote:
Gotta also be level 90 and have max friendship with him I believe.
Don't have to be a saiyan to get it. Just that only your saiyan can use it. And a baby saiyan won't have enough ki to activate it.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:40 pm

Finally bought the Music Pack. Loved it! :clap:

But really, "Cha-La Head-Cha-La" should be the one from Kageyama. :| Also, I'd like them to have added "Prologue & Subtitle 2" instead of the "Prologue & Subtitle 1", hopefully they add it later.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Nightmare Wheel
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nightmare Wheel » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:53 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:
Not true. You have to max his friendship and talk to him. Your character's species doesn't matter though obviously only a Saiyan can use it.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:36 pm

Question; someone has been trying to convince me that the outfits that we were supposed to get, or most likely will get in the future, are Japanese exclusive, saying someone on the dev team messaged someone else that the announcement of the outfits wasn't supposed to be for the outside-of-Japan users. Can anyone confirm this? Because I haven't heard anything about this & it seems like hearsay, considering the person who told me could barely type in English & their explanation to me seemed really rushed to give me an explanation to my question of why we didn't get them, even though they were promised.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Nightmare Wheel
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nightmare Wheel » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:43 pm

Scsigs wrote:Question; someone has been trying to convince me that the outfits that we were supposed to get, or most likely will get in the future, are Japanese exclusive, saying someone on the dev team messaged someone else that the announcement of the outfits wasn't supposed to be for the outside-of-Japan users. Can anyone confirm this? Because I haven't heard anything about this & it seems like hearsay, considering the person who told me could barely type in English & their explanation to me seemed really rushed to give me an explanation to my question of why we didn't get them, even though they were promised.
That sounds like a "My uncle works at Nintendo" tier story. You can see the outfits in the official English trailer. If they were supposed to be Japan exclusive that would have never slipped their radar.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:52 pm

Nightmare Wheel wrote:
ShadowBardock89 wrote:
Not true. You have to max his friendship and talk to him. Your character's species doesn't matter though obviously only a Saiyan can use it.
And be at least level 90.

Phozz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Phozz » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:15 pm

Nightmare Wheel wrote:
Scsigs wrote:Question; someone has been trying to convince me that the outfits that we were supposed to get, or most likely will get in the future, are Japanese exclusive, saying someone on the dev team messaged someone else that the announcement of the outfits wasn't supposed to be for the outside-of-Japan users. Can anyone confirm this? Because I haven't heard anything about this & it seems like hearsay, considering the person who told me could barely type in English & their explanation to me seemed really rushed to give me an explanation to my question of why we didn't get them, even though they were promised.
That sounds like a "My uncle works at Nintendo" tier story. You can see the outfits in the official English trailer. If they were supposed to be Japan exclusive that would have never slipped their radar.
Exactly my thoughts.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:22 pm

If that were the case, we would not have seen them in the English trailer, nor would we see the "Gift" option in the TP Medal shop, or would we get a Bikini Android 18 figure in the Hero Colosseum

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:57 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:
If that were the case, we would not have seen them in the English trailer, nor would we see the "Gift" option in the TP Medal shop, or would we get a Bikini Android 18 figure in the Hero Colosseum.
My thoughts exactly. I don't know why someone would actively lie & lie so badly given the evidence to the contrary of what they said. The seams are just so obvious in the guy's logic & words.

Edit: I just checked & the guy linked this video as his proof of his words.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBqzyfM ... e=youtu.be
All I gotta say is, what the hell?

Nightmare Wheel
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nightmare Wheel » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:02 pm

Scsigs wrote:
MKCSTEALTH wrote:
If that were the case, we would not have seen them in the English trailer, nor would we see the "Gift" option in the TP Medal shop, or would we get a Bikini Android 18 figure in the Hero Colosseum.
My thoughts exactly. I don't know why someone would actively lie & lie so badly given the evidence to the contrary of what they said. The seams are just so obvious in the guy's logic & words.

Oh you sweet summer child. You just encountered TheAlphaItachi. He's a GameFAQs troll who has constantly been posting stupid crap about Dragon Ball games since at least 2011. Never listen to a word he says.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:12 pm

Nightmare Wheel wrote:
Scsigs wrote:
MKCSTEALTH wrote: If that were the case, we would not have seen them in the English trailer, nor would we see the "Gift" option in the TP Medal shop, or would we get a Bikini Android 18 figure in the Hero Colosseum.

Oh you sweet summer child. You just encountered TheAlphaItachi. He's a GameFAQs troll who has constantly been posting stupid crap about Dragon Ball games since at least 2011. Never listen to a word he says.
Thank you for telling me. I think I was misleading with my last post. I meant the "what the hell?" question as in "if this is true." And I thought something was wrong with the guy when I saw another video of his that said XV3 was cancelled...even though his only reasoning for saying so was that someone on Reddit said that it hadn't entered development yet, which doesn't preclude that it's not going to be in development at some point soon, especially with them keeping up with the DLC & taking so long to tweak things.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:21 pm

To be clear: The costumes are in the game and are indeed the gifts thing, with mods you can access these gifts and give them to the right mentors, who will complain or compliment you. Like, 18 will insult you every time you pick that preset on the cahracter select screen.

They're there, just not accessable at the moment.
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:27 pm

Unfortunately it's all preset as we thought, and you can't even mix and match it seems as well as only some mentors getting one. I thought we'd at least be able to choose stuff like the Yardrat outfit for Goku. In XV3 we trust.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:39 pm

Kanassa wrote:To be clear: The costumes are in the game and are indeed the gifts thing, with mods you can access these gifts and give them to the right mentors, who will complain or compliment you. Like, 18 will insult you every time you pick that preset on the cahracter select screen.

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
What a bummer. But can't be too mad because of the fact we even have the option

Hopefully they'll update it and add more costumes. It's not too implausible to think all the current preset outfits should be an option, as well as stuff like Yardat outfit, EoZ Gi, etc.

Phozz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Phozz » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:44 pm

Kanassa wrote:To be clear: The costumes are in the game and are indeed the gifts thing, with mods you can access these gifts and give them to the right mentors, who will complain or compliment you. Like, 18 will insult you every time you pick that preset on the cahracter select screen.

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
HA! 18 insulting you everytime you pick that variation is very funny to me. I'm assuming every other mentor does the same?