"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by sintzu » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:50 pm

Kanassa wrote:FighterZ was released in 2017
It released this January.

A few years back bandai was forced to release a game a year but I think whoever was making them do so now sees the value in waiting a bit.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:06 pm

sintzu wrote:
Kanassa wrote:FighterZ was released in 2017
It released this January.

A few years back bandai was forced to release a game a year but I think whoever was making them do so now sees the value in waiting a bit.
The fiscal year is April through March, FighterZ was the "2017" (or fiscal year 2018 in Bandai's terms) game.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:17 pm

If XV3 is happening next year, it's like the June, July, or August issues of V-Jump will have something about it. Past games usually get revealed early to mid year before it's released. At the very least, we'll get a teaser. I honestly don't see it happening until 2020 (and with the movie happening, I'd rather they wait so we get any characters and storyline from the movie included in the base game)

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:14 pm

I want them to take their time with XV3, so they can blow us away with it. If it comes out and the main story is just a retelling of Dragon Ball history for the third time in a row, if it plays the same as Xenoverse 2, I'm going to be disappointed.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:15 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:If XV3 is happening next year, it's like the June, July, or August issues of V-Jump will have something about it. Past games usually get revealed early to mid year before it's released. At the very least, we'll get a teaser. I honestly don't see it happening until 2020 (and with the movie happening, I'd rather they wait so we get any characters and storyline from the movie included in the base game)
Actually it could be May because thats when the next db game reveal usually leaks if the game were to come out in 2019. Or it could be announced at Jump Festa.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:53 pm

Hey. Since Xenoverse 2 let us import a XV1 character, do you guys think XV3 will let us do the same with our XV2 character? Maybe even use the character imported to XV2 and bring them along as well? I think it would be cool if both our XV1 and XV2 characters were involved in the plot of XV3 somehow.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:48 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:Hey. Since Xenoverse 2 let us import a XV1 character, do you guys think XV3 will let us do the same with our XV2 character? Maybe even use the character imported to XV2 and bring them along as well? I think it would be cool if both our XV1 and XV2 characters were involved in the plot of XV3 somehow.
Tbh I don't care if they bring my character, but I just hope they bring over all my stuff like moves and clothes I got from the last game over. If I have to collect the same moves and clothes from the same missions for the third time, I'm gonna be pissed lol
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:16 am

ZeroNeonix wrote:Hey. Since Xenoverse 2 let us import a XV1 character, do you guys think XV3 will let us do the same with our XV2 character? Maybe even use the character imported to XV2 and bring them along as well? I think it would be cool if both our XV1 and XV2 characters were involved in the plot of XV3 somehow.
Man, I hope so, as well as let us use them for multiplayer & PQs, as well as edit their movesets.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:50 am

While we're on the subject of Xenoverse 3 here can I share an idea real quick? This idea is basically us getting to play as Copy Vegeta, still voiced by Brian Drummond, but with a twist. So, we time travel to the Potafu Arc and everything's pretty much the same as the anime until Goku arrives. When Goku arrives, the Superhuman Water actually manages to absorb him and then we get Copy Goku. In Japanese, I would assume Copy Goku would be voiced by Shigeru Chiba since he does voice Raditz, but in English, this is where things get interesting. Copy Goku might be voiced by Peter Kelamis. That would be dope, man. What do you guys think about that idea?
Caulifla best girl! :)

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:49 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:While we're on the subject of Xenoverse 3 here can I share an idea real quick? This idea is basically us getting to play as Copy Vegeta, still voiced by Brian Drummond, but with a twist. So, we time travel to the Potafu Arc and everything's pretty much the same as the anime until Goku arrives. When Goku arrives, the Superhuman Water actually manages to absorb him and then we get Copy Goku. In Japanese, I would assume Copy Goku would be voiced by Shigeru Chiba since he does voice Raditz, but in English, this is where things get interesting. Copy Goku might be voiced by Peter Kelamis. That would be dope, man. What do you guys think about that idea?
That's an interesting idea. The Superhuman Water absorbs Goku's powers while he's distracted. What would happen then? Would Copy Vegeta team up with Copy Goku, or would he be teed off at having his fight interrupted? Since Goku has a pure heart, would his copy even be evil? Those kinds of creative changes are what I've been craving in the series.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:33 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:While we're on the subject of Xenoverse 3 here can I share an idea real quick? This idea is basically us getting to play as Copy Vegeta, still voiced by Brian Drummond, but with a twist. So, we time travel to the Potafu Arc and everything's pretty much the same as the anime until Goku arrives. When Goku arrives, the Superhuman Water actually manages to absorb him and then we get Copy Goku. In Japanese, I would assume Copy Goku would be voiced by Shigeru Chiba since he does voice Raditz, but in English, this is where things get interesting. Copy Goku might be voiced by Peter Kelamis. That would be dope, man. What do you guys think about that idea?
I mean, I hope that they get that creative. I mean, the Fu stuff was them dipping their toes into the pool that is the potential of this game, so I hope they're getting that level of creative with XV3. Kalemis would be an excellent get for him as well.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:11 am

For X3 I feel like as long as the playable character is a time patroller, the story mode is gonna be fairly similair: really small changes to the Dragon World that are gonna resolve themselves at the end of the fight. What would be interesting, is playing as a Time Breaker (not in the Brdock Time Breaker kind of sense, but as someone who goes around making changes for fun). And I think there should be more animated cutscenes.
Get Fucked, C_unt

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:33 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:For X3 I feel like as long as the playable character is a time patroller, the story mode is gonna be fairly similair: really small changes to the Dragon World that are gonna resolve themselves at the end of the fight. What would be interesting, is playing as a Time Breaker (not in the Brdock Time Breaker kind of sense, but as someone who goes around making changes for fun). And I think there should be more animated cutscenes.
Not necessarily. Remember, the main story of XV2 ends with Tokitoki laying an egg, from which a new timeline is born. I think XV3 will take place in that timeline. It'll have the same characters (because of course they'll do that rather than create a whole new cast), but history will be completely different. I also suspect that Extra Pack 2 was the team testing out new systems for XV3. Maybe we'll be able to affect the timeline in a similar manner to the DLC, making choices about who to side with, and our customizable allies of choice having an affect as well.

The one caveat to this that I can think of is that it is the Time Patroller's duty to protect timelines that already exist. So perhaps the player character won't be a Time Patroller. On the other hand, if the Supreme Kai of Time discovered someone meddling with the new timeline (Fu perhaps), maybe she would intervene and send a Time Patroller.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:35 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
That's an interesting idea. The Superhuman Water absorbs Goku's powers while he's distracted. What would happen then? Would Copy Vegeta team up with Copy Goku, or would he be teed off at having his fight interrupted? Since Goku has a pure heart, would his copy even be evil? Those kinds of creative changes are what I've been craving in the series.
Vegeta was pure of heart and it worked on him.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:40 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:Vegeta was pure of heart and it worked on him.
I don't think so. Vegeta is definitely a good guy, but that doesn't make him pure of heart. I mean completely pure of heart. Remember when Devilman used that beam that was supposed to turn the evil desires and thoughts of the target into an explosion and kill them? It had absolutely no affect on Goku. An attack like that on someone like Yamcha would have worked, even though Yamcha was a good guy. Goku's beyond just pure of heart. He's oblivious, naive to the extreme.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:06 pm

You know for Xenoverse 3, they could steal some What ifs from the fandom, like "What if Raditz turned good", "What if Zamasu took over Gohan's body instead of Goku's", "What if Kid Goku went Super Saiyan (In OG Dragon Ball)", "What if Vegetto never unfused", "What if Vegeta went Super Saiyan on Namek", and "What if Goku married Bulma". Wouldn't that be interesting?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:01 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:You know for Xenoverse 3, they could steal some What ifs from the fandom, like "What if Raditz turned good", "What if Zamasu took over Gohan's body instead of Goku's", "What if Kid Goku went Super Saiyan (In OG Dragon Ball)", "What if Vegetto never unfused", "What if Vegeta went Super Saiyan on Namek", and "What if Goku married Bulma". Wouldn't that be interesting?
You're just stealing from MasakoX's YouTube channel.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:01 pm

Scsigs wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:You know for Xenoverse 3, they could steal some What ifs from the fandom, like "What if Raditz turned good", "What if Zamasu took over Gohan's body instead of Goku's", "What if Kid Goku went Super Saiyan (In OG Dragon Ball)", "What if Vegetto never unfused", "What if Vegeta went Super Saiyan on Namek", and "What if Goku married Bulma". Wouldn't that be interesting?
Not really sure about Dragon Ball Gus himself taking the ideas from Masako X, but the concepts themselves aren't his. Most of them are generally common what if's people have with the series (aside from Super since it's kinda new) and have been around for a long time and even done in video games like Raditz turning good.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:21 pm

Logania wrote:
Scsigs wrote:
Not really sure about Dragon Ball Gus himself taking the ideas from Masako X, but the concepts themselves aren't his. Most of them are generally common what if's people have with the series (aside from Super since it's kinda new) and have been around for a long time and even done in video games like Raditz turning good.
I guess, since they're, basically, outlines of fanfics.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:35 pm

Scsigs wrote:
Thats not stealing. MasakoX didnt create those what if ideas.