"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Xaroc » Wed May 09, 2018 3:47 am

Nia wrote:So, first off, May 9th (Japan time) is gonna have some freebies.
You'll get a free costume that I think is just Goku's casual clothes from the Cell arc (judging by the image shown on their site), along with 59 TP Medals, and a double XP event.

Second, the Partner Costumes are coming back for those who missed out before:

5/10 - 5/16 - Goku and Gohan's Saiyuki costumes.

5/17 - 5/23 - Super Satan, Whis' poop staff, and Nappa's wig.

5/24 - 5/30 - Videl and #18 bikinis.
They are kidding me, right?! Gokuu and Gohan Saiyuki costumes mean I can get the Super Saiyajin Rosé Wig if I give Gokuu multiple gifts, correct? Yet it will be back ON A WEEK WHEN I'M NOT HOME SO I'M GONNA MISS OUT AGAIN!!!
Man this policy makes me mad... why can't it be something you can get any other way instead of that gift crap? I mean the costumes for the original characters they can give out on certain dates. Yes. But popular outfits and/or accessoires for our CaCs? HELL NO!

I can only hope now they will return for a third time. And please on a date when I'm home. Please?
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed May 09, 2018 1:58 pm

Xaroc wrote:
You'll get a free costume that I think is just Goku's casual clothes from the Cell arc (judging by the image shown on their site), along with 59 TP Medals, and a double XP event.

They are kidding me, right?! Gokuu and Gohan Saiyuki costumes mean I can get the Super Saiyajin Rosé Wig if I give Gokuu multiple gifts, correct? Yet it will be back ON A WEEK WHEN I'M NOT HOME SO I'M GONNA MISS OUT AGAIN!!!
Man this policy makes me mad... why can't it be something you can get any other way instead of that gift crap? I mean the costumes for the original characters they can give out on certain dates. Yes. But popular outfits and/or accessoires for our CaCs? HELL NO!

I can only hope now they will return for a third time. And please on a date when I'm home. Please?
Now, imagine this for festivals & you're basically me with Final Fantasy XV, where Square isn't planning on bringing them back at all.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed May 09, 2018 2:00 pm

Super Saiyan Rosé wig was the reward for Zamasu and Goku Black last Raid Mission on last weekend, by the way. I got only 10.000 points still got it.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Wed May 09, 2018 2:06 pm

Xaroc wrote:

Yeah, you get the return gifts when you've given the character at least 1 gift prior. You can save scum to counter the RNG (simply give them the gift, and then when you get the item recieved window, don't confirm; just close the game, since it won't save until you exit the recieved item window.

Also, you have some seriously E Rank Luck, man.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu May 10, 2018 11:02 am

As I figured, the Gift option is still greyed out unless you're 'fully online' via PlayStation Plus, so they're still screwing those of us without it. I figured as much, but thought I'd log in just to check. Ah well, back to other games for a while then.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

orphen2005

Post by orphen2005 » Fri May 11, 2018 6:20 am

hi, I still haven't received the golden turtle shell, anyone knows what happens? (I logged in everyday and I've just received goku's day presents minutes ago when I logged in today but no clue about golden shell)

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Fri May 11, 2018 6:29 pm

orphen2005 wrote:hi, I still haven't received the golden turtle shell, anyone knows what happens? (I logged in everyday and I've just received goku's day presents minutes ago when I logged in today but no clue about golden shell)
Not sure. I don't remember if I got it either, sorry.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue May 15, 2018 4:34 pm

Legends brought up another mechanic I want in the next Xenoverse, the ability to switch between the characters in your team.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue May 15, 2018 4:49 pm

Kanassa wrote:Legends brought up another mechanic I want in the next Xenoverse, the ability to switch between the characters in your team.
Ooooh. Tag team fighting. If the ability to customize your masters makes it into Xenoverse 3, those two things could be combined into an interesting system.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue May 15, 2018 6:28 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
Kanassa wrote:Legends brought up another mechanic I want in the next Xenoverse, the ability to switch between the characters in your team.
Ooooh. Tag team fighting. If the ability to customize your masters makes it into Xenoverse 3, those two things could be combined into an interesting system.
As long as Fistbump plays in the background

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Wed May 16, 2018 1:05 pm

Kanassa wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:
As long as Fistbump plays in the background
I already hum it in my head or play it off my laptop whenever I use a Dual Ultimate or the Limit Burst. It's my character's unofficial theme. :lol:
Together we can show the world what we can do, you are next to me and I am next you, push me on through until the battle's won~

Speaking of which, I'll admit there's something I kinda wanna see in the next game. Recently, I picked up Attack on Titan 2 (a game based off a series I don't really care much for), and uh... damn if I didn't enjoy it to death. Frankly... it's CAC/Friendship/customization/etc. kinda blows Xenoverse's out of the water. Now don't get me wrong, I still love XV/XV2 to death, but I hope Dimps took notes because I feel like the protagonist's integration to the story was a lot more natural in AOT2, and making the friendship stuff be used for Persona Social Link-esque character development on top of gaining new skills was a much more effective than XV/XV2 has handled it.
...Though AOT2 could learn from one of the later XV2 patches and make things just a tiny bit less grindy. :P

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Fri May 18, 2018 8:36 am

Ok. This why I stopped playing, all these stupid timed events. And locked costumes parts! Just let me unlock them or buy them in the shop

Xenoverse 1 was way better than this stupid mess in this regard.

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Sat May 26, 2018 1:36 pm

New Raid today.
Since today is May 26th, the day of the Cell Games in the manga/anime, Xenoverse 2 has a Raid... against Hit.
Wait, why Hit!?

Nothing spectacular from this one; just a few titles and a copy of Hit's Super Soul as far as I could tell. However, if memory serves, this Raid is a total pushover, so it's SUPER easy TP if you're interested.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon May 28, 2018 12:14 pm

Special Xenoverse 2 Announcement soon!!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/BandaiNamcoU ... 1464638465
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Mon May 28, 2018 12:45 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:Special Xenoverse 2 Announcement soon!!!

Hopefully it’s DLC containing the characters who use these moves

Resist Blast
Burst of Energy
Justice Flash
Revenge Death Ball
Revenger Cannon
Total Detonation Ball

Plus their outfits and other outfits worn by characters like

ToP Roshi
Erasa
Super Garlic Jr
Android Saga Bulma

A new Stage based on the ToP Arena

Plus new Transformations

MAX Power (Human)
Kale SSJ line (not her berserk Form)
Super Namek

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon May 28, 2018 1:00 pm

I would like shirtless Jiren, Toppo or Hakaishin Toppo, Kefla and a better version of migatte no gokui.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon May 28, 2018 1:03 pm

What's 'special' for Bandai?

Kanassa wrote:

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon May 28, 2018 1:04 pm

Kanassa wrote:

What's 'special' for Bandai?
I honestly dont know.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon May 28, 2018 1:12 pm

Koitsukai wrote:I would like shirtless Jiren, Toppo or Hakaishin Toppo, Kefla and a better version of migatte no gokui.
Stuff like this always gives me a fear for video game content.

What i mean is, with xenoverse 2, when they add characters like Jiren to the game even though he just started fighting in the anime, they miss out on some much cool content that they could have added to Jiren before releasing him. But since they already have him in the game, they won’t bother to add his cool new attacks and we’ll never get that cool Jiren stuff ever.

I have that fear for Jiren, MUI Goku, and Hit. I really do hope all the cool stuff from the anime are added to these characters. I want the shirtless Jiren powerup, all of MUI Goku’s moves, and Hit’s air punches and time cage technique.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Mon May 28, 2018 1:20 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Koitsukai wrote:I would like shirtless Jiren, Toppo or Hakaishin Toppo, Kefla and a better version of migatte no gokui.
Stuff like this always gives me a fear for video game content.

What i mean is, with xenoverse 2, when they add characters like Jiren to the game even though he just started fighting in the anime, they miss out on some much cool content that they could have added to Jiren before releasing him. But since they already have him in the game, they won’t bother to add his cool new attacks and we’ll never get that cool Jiren stuff ever.

I have that fear for Jiren, MUI Goku, and Hit. I really do hope all the cool stuff from the anime are added to these characters. I want the shirtless Jiren powerup, all of MUI Goku’s moves, and Hit’s air punches and time cage technique.
So you basically want

Silver Dragon Flash
Soaring Fist
Supreme Kamehameha
Surging Spirit
Cage of Time
Flash Fist Crush (the Invisible Ki Blast Version)

Jiren’s hidden Power awaken power up
New attacks for Jiren:
Energy Punch
Heatwave Magnetron
Overheat Magnetron