"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:35 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:He doesn't have to. Baby has the ability to control people by leaving a part of himself inside of his targets. Baby take control of Goku Black and ironically use his stolen body for his own purposes. Imagine a mission Zamasu begrudgingly teams up with us to save Goku Black from Baby's control.
There's another idea, one I didn't even think of at all. :thumbup:

There's a ton of stuff that Xenoverse/Heroes could do with this new parallel that Baby Vegeta/Goku Black could have (again, both being 'evil, possessed' versions of our titular duo), that I cannot see them passing up the chance to play with it a little bit in some way.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:42 pm

Well they could make some new original story where Baby possesed some people like Goku Black and others that were not shown in GT.
I mean in first XV there actually was a fight against infected Trunks even though it never happened in anime.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:49 pm

I'd like to see Ledgic as another DLC character, but I won't mind if they include Rildo instead. Give me some GT story like in XV1, damn it!

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:35 pm

Mnich wrote:I'd like to see Ledgic as another DLC character, but I won't mind if they include Rildo instead. Give me some GT story like in XV1, damn it!
guys like those two will be lucky to even make it to Xenoverse 3, Budokai Tenkaichi 3 had the most characters in any Dragon Ball game ever and they still didn't made the cut, i think there was supposed to be a sequel but i don't remember the japanese name right now, well i still wouldn't get my hopes up but i'm all for it

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:11 pm

Mnich wrote:I'd like to see Ledgic as another DLC character, but I won't mind if they include Rildo instead. Give me some GT story like in XV1, damn it!
The 3 we probably get now is

Majuub - (New attacks he can bring in game - Blazing Barrage Palm, Lighting Arrow, Chocolate Kamehameha) / Old attacks he most likely have in his moveset (Pure Progress,Angry Shout,Super Kamehameha,Maximum Charge)
Oceanus Shenron - (new attacks she can bring in game: Air Shattering Energy Ball,Mighty Hurricane Fury,Cyclone Wall,Whirlwind Spin) / Old Moves that would be in her Moveset (Maximum Charge,Whirlwind Blade,Meteor Crash)
Meta Rildo - (new attacks he can bring in game: Deadly Metal Needles,Metal Breath,Deadly Crush,Hyper Meta-Rilldo Punch) - Old moves that would appear in his moveset: (Maximum Charge,Meteor Crash)

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:40 pm

I really hope (Maj)Uub makes it in. That poor guy gets the shaft in everything.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:09 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:I really hope (Maj)Uub makes it in. That poor guy gets the shaft in everything.
Well since this dlc is only doing 2 characters and if it sticks to GT, Majuub seems likely to happen as he appeared in Baby’s Saga

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:29 pm

ZeroDio wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:I really hope (Maj)Uub makes it in. That poor guy gets the shaft in everything.
Well since this dlc is only doing 2 characters and if it sticks to GT, Majuub seems likely to happen as he appeared in Baby’s Saga
I don't think they said it'd only be 2 so hopefully we get more in each pack.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:34 pm

sintzu wrote:
ZeroDio wrote:
I don't think they said it'd only be 2 so hopefully we get more in each pack.
Well if we are going up to 3 or 4 then throw in Meta-Rildo and/or Oceanus as well with the attacks I mentioned in a earlier post and I say We are most likely finished with GT characters for the Xenoverse Series

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:08 am

It's kinda presumptive to assume that all of the new characters will follow the same theme. They haven't always followed a theme, like when we got Tapion. Baby may be the only GT character added in this next pack. My guess is we'll get Toppo and maybe some Legends characters, such as Taao or Pikkon.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:38 am

Dragotaker wrote: guys like those two will be lucky to even make it to Xenoverse 3, Budokai Tenkaichi 3 had the most characters in any Dragon Ball game ever and they still didn't made the cut, i think there was supposed to be a sequel but i don't remember the japanese name right now, well i still wouldn't get my hopes up but i'm all for it
Well there are GT Trunks and Eis Shenron in Xenoverse even though those are just reskins of Trunks and Nuova Shenron.
Also, DB Heroes has far more characters than Budokai Tenkaichi 3 even though characters like Ledgic or Copy-Vegeta didn't even appear there which is funny considering Mutchi is playable. Rildo also appears but that makes sense.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:11 am

In the next DLCs the could add new characters from super dragon ball heroes. There are a lot of new cool outfits and characters.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:34 am

ZeroNeonix wrote:It's kinda presumptive to assume that all of the new characters will follow the same theme. They haven't always followed a theme, like when we got Tapion. Baby may be the only GT character added in this next pack. My guess is we'll get Toppo and maybe some Legends characters, such as Taao or Pikkon.
Who said that this is a four character pack? Notice how on the scan they have a list of all the other packs. They say DLC1, DLC2, DLC3, DLC4, Extra Pack 1, and Extra Pack 2. Then notice how they call this pack DLC7 and not Extra Pack 3. Its likely that we are only getting 2 characters. 3 characters max. And the DLC Packs always had themes

So it stands to reason that the best bet is we are getting a 2 character GT themed DLC pack. Super Baby Vegeta 2 and Majuub seem like the most logical choices.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:15 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:They say DLC1, DLC2, DLC3, DLC4, Extra Pack 1, and Extra Pack 2. Then notice how they call this pack DLC7 and not Extra Pack 3.
The Japanese website explicitly refers to it as "Extra Pack 3" (エクストラパック第3弾) and says to wait for additional details beyond Super Baby 2.

No, it doesn't say how many characters will be included.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:21 am

VegettoEX wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:They say DLC1, DLC2, DLC3, DLC4, Extra Pack 1, and Extra Pack 2. Then notice how they call this pack DLC7 and not Extra Pack 3.
The Japanese website explicitly refers to it as "Extra Pack 3" (エクストラパック第3弾) and says to wait for additional details beyond Super Baby 2.

No, it doesn't say how many characters will be included.
Then i guess there is a discrepancy between the website and XV2 V-Jump page. And if there really were 4 characters, why just reveal Baby Vegeta? Does that mean every character is getting revealed one at a time? I guess time will tell.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:29 am

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/statu ... 64032?s=20

Looks like Revenge Final Flash will be similar to Final Shine Attack

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:36 am

ZeroDio wrote:https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/statu ... 64032?s=20

You talking about the Full Power Energy Wave?

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:43 am

ArchedThunder wrote:

It could be that

But the choppy translation of his moves make it sound like Revenge Final Flash works similar to Final Shine

I guess we will have to wait for gameplay

Considering his known moves are

Revenge Death Ball
Revenge Final Flash
Reverse Shot
Variant Drive

Plus he will most likely get Maximum Charge & Break Strike/Explosive Wave

That just levels one move slot open which will most likely be Meteor Crash

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:50 am

ZeroDio wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:

It could be that

But the choppy translation of his moves make it sound like Revenge Final Flash works similar to Final Shine

I guess we will have to wait for gameplay

Considering his known moves are

Revenge Death Ball
Revenge Final Flash
Reverse Shot
Variant Drive

Plus he will most likely get Maximum Charge & Break Strike/Explosive Wave

That just levels one move slot open which will most likely be Meteor Crash
This;
Is definitely Full Power Energy Wave.
How do we know he has Revenge Final Flash? If he does it might just be a Super.

EDIT: You can see him using Revenge Final Flash in the background here, it's purple and has the proper pose.
He might have two variations, like Frost.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:30 am

I'm surprised they don't have him fighting in the Tuffle stage...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017