"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:43 pm

The maintenance is probably to prepare for the update and DLC, that doesn't mean the update is coming that day.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:13 pm

So, I feel like if there was ever a time for XV to merge into what heroes is doing, now would be the best time. Both Heroes and XV are introducing Fuu at the same time so there are no inconsistencies between the Fuu in XV and the Fuu in Heroes.

It seems like the Extra Pack 2 story involves a lot with going back to the Future Trunks (Super) Arc. Just like how in Heroes, it seems like Fuu goes to the Future Trunks (Super) Arc to capture Trunks and put him in jail. And just like how in Heroes, Chronoa can’t help as of now, in the Extra Pack trailer, Chronoa is seemingly captured.

Maybe in XV2, the story is leading into the Prison Planet Arc which I would be all for. Its a stretch but i hope it happens.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:08 pm

So, I was checking out the XV2 events, and there was something about DLC Pack 6 on there. It was nothing important, just basically a sales pitch, but I did come across something pretty funny when I put it into Google Translate.

"Four playable characters including Son Goku (selfish selfishness)."

Selfish Selfishness is my new favorite translation for Ultra Instinct.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:59 pm

Will Rage Trunks be a playable character on the new DLC?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:06 am

jeffbr92 wrote:Will Rage Trunks be a playable character on the new DLC?
No. The four characters in the DLC pack are Fu, Ranger #17, Jiren, and Ultra Instinct Gokū. Rage Trunks was a story mode exclusive character in DLC Pack 4, and hasn't been released as a playable character, unfortunately.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:01 am

Anime Kitten wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:Will Rage Trunks be a playable character on the new DLC?
No. The four characters in the DLC pack are Fu, Ranger #17, Jiren, and Ultra Instinct Gokū. Rage Trunks was a story mode exclusive character in DLC Pack 4, and hasn't been released as a playable character, unfortunately.
Well, you get Future Trunks Super, version 4 with Sword of Hope.

That's about as close to it as we get for playable characters though.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:05 am

Jackalope89 wrote:Well, you get Future Trunks Super, version 4 with Sword of Hope.

That's about as close to it as we get for playable characters though.
I mean yeah, it's close enough for me, but it just doesn't make sense to omit Rage from the roster when there's a model for it in the story (inaccurate hair or not :D). More than him, though, I'd love to have a playable Grotesque Zamasu, though obviously he'd have to be altered a bit. Maybe XV3 will have them and the other unplayables like Demigra and Final Form Mira.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:30 am

Honestly, I really wouldn't mind if Demigra, Final Form Mira and Grotesque Zamasu never became playable... As long as you had way to fight them outside of the story and expert missions, where if you want to win you're forced to use your CaC.

A Boss Rush type mode would be awesome, including all three of them and whatever crazy boss the new story's gonna have.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:44 am

Downloading patch 1.14 on ps4 right now at a hefty 2.4 Gbs. I'm excited

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:49 am

So Super Saiyan Blue (Called Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan in game) is easy to get if you reached level 90 (or cheated to get there XP). Whis gives it to ya if you are at that leveled and maxed friendship with him. The power boost seems to be better in the ki variety from what I've tested. I have not tested anything regarding physical as I use a Saiyan who specializes in basic attacks and Ki Supers. But my Ki Supers got more of a boost than Super Vegeta 2 does.

Catch is your ki slowly dwindles over time so you have to power up to keep the form going, or you will lose it upon hitting 0 ki. You can just power up back into it immediately though. The ki drain doesn't seem so bad, but patches could make it worse. Auto ki regen can pretty much mitigate it. The limit breaker skill which is new also basically made ki loss not a big deal at all considering the regen perk I had with it.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:33 am

Wait the update text says Heor Collesseum has been updated, is that true?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:17 am

Yep 88 new figures and more missions

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:37 am

It takes to medals to make your teachers editable right?

How much does it cost to do all the editable things to each one?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:10 am

TobyS wrote:It takes to medals to make your teachers editable right?

How much does it cost to do all the editable things to each one?
Around 250 on average. Not too bad unless you wanna do everyone.

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:22 am

Due to the update I was thinking of getting Xenoverse 2 on Switch since I don't have time for the Xbox version anymore. It sucks having to pay AU$65 for the DLC though. Anyway, some questions for Switch users, is there no way to get the Xenoverse 1 DLC anymore? I heard it was a free DLC for everywhere but Japan, with Japan having it on the game cart. If I get the Japanese version from the Japanese eShop will it include it? I believe with Switch games the language is set to your system language so even the Japanese copy will be in English. Does anyone know if the Japanese version is missing anything compared to the English releases?

EDIT: I just noticed the DLC Bundle for DLC 1-4 comes with the Xenoverse 1 DLC, is this the only way to get it?
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

Lek
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lek » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:30 am

NintendoBlaze53 wrote:Due to the update I was thinking of getting Xenoverse 2 on Switch since I don't have time for the Xbox version anymore. It sucks having to pay AU$65 for the DLC though. Anyway, some questions for Switch users, is there no way to get the Xenoverse 1 DLC anymore? I heard it was a free DLC for everywhere but Japan, with Japan having it on the game cart. If I get the Japanese version from the Japanese eShop will it include it? I believe with Switch games the language is set to your system language so even the Japanese copy will be in English. Does anyone know if the Japanese version is missing anything compared to the English releases?
I got the digital version from the European e-shop in December together with both DLC passes and to my surprise the Xenoverse 1 content was included. The quest npc just chills inside the time nest and waited for me to talk to it. I would hope that this would affect the Australian version as well, but I can't guarantee it.

(Edit: Your edit explains that :wave: )

By the way: Playing it again on switch with both stories (XV2 + XV1 DLC) so close to each other, I was really baffled how much content they recycled for XV2. From parts of cutscenes to straight up reusing a lot of the dialogue for the encounters. :wtf: I didn't notice that when I played XV2 on ps4 before, but then again - there was a bigger time gap since I had played XV1.

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:38 am

Anyone knows how to get Super Mr. Satan or Videl with a swimsuit?
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:34 am

nato25 wrote:Yep 88 new figures and more missions
Know what any of the new figures are?

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:41 am

I read on the Xenoverse sub that Nappa gets Super Saiyan as an awoken skill and is the only mentor to get one. I really hope that's true. :lol:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:45 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:I read on the Xenoverse sub that Nappa gets Super Saiyan as an awoken skill and is the only mentor to get one. I really hope that's true. :lol:
It is. Pan and Raditz get Jack shit.

Kanassa wrote: