"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:08 am

Soppa Saia People wrote:Have they put in any Dragon Ball characters yet ? Or has it just been Super ?
The first four DLC packs all had Super characters, and the two characters we know so far in the upcoming expansion are from the Z era.

So in other words, no, no DB era characters.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:42 am

Anime Kitten wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:Have they put in any Dragon Ball characters yet ? Or has it just been Super ?
The first four DLC packs all had Super characters, and the two characters we know so far in the upcoming expansion are from the Z era.

So in other words, no, no DB era characters.
What nonsense. Like at least give Piccolo and GT Goku alternate outfits.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:18 am

Soppa Saia People wrote:What nonsense. Like at least give Piccolo and GT Goku alternate outfits.
And what alternate outfits do Piccolo and GT Goku have? :eh:
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:06 am

Grimlock wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:What nonsense. Like at least give Piccolo and GT Goku alternate outfits.
And what alternate outfits do Piccolo and GT Goku have? :eh:
Not a Piccolo Daimao outfit, and not a Kame Gi/Purple Gi outfit.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:07 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:I've been hearing that Xenoverse is getting 30 min of TGS time for the Switch. Anyone know if that's true? Apparently on the 24

Also, English switch trailer has some pictures of Buu and Dabura
You are right. I researched this morning and apparently Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Switch s getting a stage, the game will be playable, there will be a livestream, and best of all a trailer.

I hope the trailer reveals some expansion stuff.
Any more word on this? I don't know what time it is in Japan.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:05 pm

Kanassa wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:I've been hearing that Xenoverse is getting 30 min of TGS time for the Switch. Anyone know if that's true? Apparently on the 24

Also, English switch trailer has some pictures of Buu and Dabura
You are right. I researched this morning and apparently Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Switch s getting a stage, the game will be playable, there will be a livestream, and best of all a trailer.

I hope the trailer reveals some expansion stuff.
Any more word on this? I don't know what time it is in Japan.
Nothing, we were supposed to get stuff from TGS but nothing has shown up as far as i know
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:15 am

Hey, guys! I finally got Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for the first time! Thanks to my mom.
Caulifla best girl! :)

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:12 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Hey, guys! I finally got Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for the first time! Thanks to my mom.
Nice! Hope you enjoy it! It's a good game. What system are you playing on?

I'm actually weirdly hype for the expansion, and Dabra. I hope there's more new characters, not sure if I can justify dropping even more money on this game for characters who have been standard issue since Budokai 2. :P Though, it would kind of suck to drop all this money on the game only for XV3 to be announced soon.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:33 pm

People said in the Dragon Ball FighterZ thread that Xenoverse 3 had already been announced/confirmed (can't confirm since I didn't see the interview or a text about it). If 2018 stands for FighterZ, then don't worry, we won't get XV3 until 2019.

I'm also weirdly hyped for Dabura, just because he actually has a purpose and a meaning there. I want to see his interaction with some characters, mainly Towa, and possibly his appearance in the Main Story.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:55 pm

Thanos wrote:I hope there's more new characters,
The scan 99% confirms that Buu and Dabura aren't the only characters (1% that I'm just mis-reading the language used), and largely hints at Demigra being the other character.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:34 am

Grimlock wrote:People said in the Dragon Ball FighterZ thread that Xenoverse 3 had already been announced/confirmed.
They said back in 2016 that they'd get more time to develop "the next game" compared to XV2. XV2 got 1 year and 8 months of development. If XV3 releases in February 2019 (the same month XV1 released in and the one fighterZ will release on) that'll be 2 years and 4 months of development so hopefully there's a huge jump in quality from the first 2.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:08 pm

sintzu wrote:
Grimlock wrote:People said in the Dragon Ball FighterZ thread that Xenoverse 3 had already been announced/confirmed.
They said back in 2016 that they'd get more time to develop "the next game" compared to XV2. XV2 got 1 year and 8 months of development. If XV3 releases in February 2019 (the same month XV1 released in and the one fighterZ will release on) that'll be 2 years and 4 months of development so hopefully there's a huge jump in quality from the first 2.
They definitely need to take their time with this one. I really hope they incorporate the whole tome breaker vs. time patroller faction angle in XV3. Really put this game in its action RPG/MMO place. I always thought this game could benefit from being like Destiny in the sense that Destiny is not as in-depth as your typical MMO. They want the focus to be playing online with friends, so they can really step up that aspect. Add guilds, a better chat system, keep expanding Coton city. Make the city locations meaningful and give us more stuff to do in the city. Incorporate more things like the Frieza invasion, allow us to do those things with friends.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if XV takes the same trajectory that the Budokai series went, we have nothing to worry about. Budokai one was great when it came out, but after some time we realized how incredibly flawed it was. It was the same with Xv1 and XV2. Budokai 3 was leaps and bounds better than its predecessors, and I believe that the same thing will occur with XV3.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:29 am

Bandai Namco wrote:ANNOUNCEMENT: This Wednesday we will release a new anti-cheating tool for DRAGON BALL Xenoverse 2 on PC/Steam. It's designed to stop online uses of boosters, gameplay alterations and various cheats contributing to an unfair online environment. This will be seamless and automatically disable cheats, but users who insist on going around the anti-cheat will be banned by the system.

How will this work?
· The game will be updated with the new tool, which will scan the game's binary files to ensure they are identical to the files delivered by the developers. The frequency is going to vary somewhat, but it will not have a performance impact.

This is a new tool so we look forward to your feedback and concerns. Thank you and don’t hesitate to ask questions in this post.
Source: https://facebook.com/BandaiNamcoUS/phot ... =3&theater

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:25 am

Ranmaru Rei wrote:
Bandai Namco wrote:ANNOUNCEMENT: This Wednesday we will release a new anti-cheating tool for DRAGON BALL Xenoverse 2 on PC/Steam. It's designed to stop online uses of boosters, gameplay alterations and various cheats contributing to an unfair online environment. This will be seamless and automatically disable cheats, but users who insist on going around the anti-cheat will be banned by the system.

How will this work?
· The game will be updated with the new tool, which will scan the game's binary files to ensure they are identical to the files delivered by the developers. The frequency is going to vary somewhat, but it will not have a performance impact.

This is a new tool so we look forward to your feedback and concerns. Thank you and don’t hesitate to ask questions in this post.
Source: https://facebook.com/BandaiNamcoUS/phot ... =3&theater
Looks like it won't affect mods (As long as the mods don't effect characters already present), can't be sure...

Kanassa wrote:

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:34 am

Kanassa wrote:Looks like it won't affect mods (As long as the mods don't effect characters already present), can't be sure...
It doesn't affect cosmetic mods that replaces costumes by another one, it was confirmed by Namco. But gameplay mods, that, for example, add new characters, it might affect to. And I don't like it. I'm more single-player person, I'm not fond for multiplayer stuff much. Gameplay mods feels refreshing.
Long time ago, I played Heroes V and King's Bounty with gameplay mods, and made some by myself.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:03 pm

Ranmaru Rei wrote:
Kanassa wrote:Looks like it won't affect mods (As long as the mods don't effect characters already present), can't be sure...
It doesn't affect cosmetic mods that replaces costumes by another one, it was confirmed by Namco. But gameplay mods, that, for example, add new characters, it might affect to. And I don't like it. I'm more single-player person, I'm not fond for multiplayer stuff much. Gameplay mods feels refreshing.
Long time ago, I played Heroes V and King's Bounty with gameplay mods, and made some by myself.
Yeah, if this fucks with new character mods, Namco will be shooting themselves in the foot.

Kanassa wrote:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:01 am

So far, Modders are saying this patch won't effect mods.

Kanassa wrote:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:26 am

Kanassa wrote:If this fucks with new character mods, Namco will be shooting themselves in the foot.
Take 2 were going after GTAV mods awhile back so it seems like it's the new things to be anti-mods for some reason. Don't these companies know that mods are one of the main reason people buy PC games ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:55 am

sintzu wrote:
Kanassa wrote:If this fucks with new character mods, Namco will be shooting themselves in the foot.
Take 2 were going after GTAV mods awhile back so it seems like it's the new things to be anti-mods for some reason. Don't these companies know that mods are one of the main reason people buy PC games ?
I mean, Square Enix seems to figure it out which is why they're bring the Final Fantasy 16 game to PC with mod support.

Kanassa wrote:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:06 am

Kanassa wrote: