"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:13 pm

Been trying them out and both are absolutely great. Seems like both have one move that is kinda useless tho (spirit blaster and old brolys ultimate on new broly). Gogeta is very combo heavy oriented, has a great counter, its super fast, his big bang kamehameha and super mad dance work as if he was a transformed character, and his grab it's a lead to a combo as well. He also has that temporary boost in all stats when absorbing the super kamehameha. I'd say he is one of the best characters the DLCs have brought out, along with Broly, who'd I'd say is at the very least as good as gogeta with his unique counter-like skills that can be used even when getting hit.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:55 am

So, quick question about something I may have missed. I was checking all the games on my PS4 to see if there were any further updates, and when I got to Xenoverse 2, I decided to just look at it's update history out of curiosity, to see what version number we were one now. When I did so, I saw it was version 1.19, which included this in it's notes.
- Added the "Supreme Kai of Time's City Patrol"
...The what now? I don't remember anything about this. What was it, how do you do it, and what do you get for it?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:36 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:So, quick question about something I may have missed. I was checking all the games on my PS4 to see if there were any further updates, and when I got to Xenoverse 2, I decided to just look at it's update history out of curiosity, to see what version number we were one now. When I did so, I saw it was version 1.19, which included this in it's notes.
- Added the "Supreme Kai of Time's City Patrol"
...The what now? I don't remember anything about this. What was it, how do you do it, and what do you get for it?
It's the radio broadcast that you hear while going through the city, if you haven't heard it yet, it should tell you about it when you spawn in
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:42 am

Ohhhh, those things. I didn't realize they had a name. I was wondering if I'd missed some sort of side-quest type thing they'd added in. Thanks for the clarification.
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:13 pm

Koitsukai wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:So I'm planning to buy the latest dlc, and I wanted to hear from you guys how ssb gogeta and broly play. I've heard good things from both. I've heard that gogeta is really fast and is combo heavy. I haven't heard much from broly but I've heard his skills are unique in that with stamina, you get to use them while getting attacked, which sounds op.

So are they both worth it.
To me the best DLC by far. Broly is a beast and his Super Attacks are pretty cool and as seen in the movie, his ultimate is the boring Gigantic Blast I think is called and the great green roar that Gogeta dodges in the movie and is just as powerful as you would want it to be, two or three of those and they are out. Fun to play with and really useful, some of his combos are really cool, and his Gigantic Blast works great on ohzarus for those PQs. His one-time ki explosion thing when holding R3 recovers his health and stamina which he has a lot of.
Gogeta Blue is fast (not as Vegito Blue), has some good combos, and his ki explosion thing gives him stronger attacks and ki recovery. First version has the blue ki spam finishing move from the movie as an ultimate and 100xBig Bang KHH, and a cool moveset from the movie. Also there is a good counterattack move. Too bad there is no charge.
Second version doesn't take much from the movie as the first one, the ultimates are Super KHH and 100xBig Bang KHH. It has BBKHH as a super which teleports behind the enemy when firing, and it has charge. Easier to manage than the first version, but less flashy and original.

And while I'm at it, does anybody know how to get Big Bang Kame Hame Ha? not the ultimate, the super, the one that Gogeta Blue has and IIRC, Gogeta SS4 aswell. I heard it appeared on the shop on weekends but I haven't seen it.
Not sure. Honestly, I went on a buying spree there early on when X2 came out, and haven't bothered with it much since (other than when certain outfits were released to it).

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:42 pm

Since this game is confirmed for God knows how many more DLCs, I wonder when they're gonna start announcing what's coming next?
Caulifla best girl! :)

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:46 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Since this game is confirmed for God knows how many more DLCs, I wonder when they're gonna start announcing what's coming next?
Maybe this Vjump thats coming up

Probably be like 50% Photo Mode & 50% DLC 9 (maybe 1 or 2 characters and maybe some other bits)

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:46 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Since this game is confirmed for God knows how many more DLCs, I wonder when they're gonna start announcing what's coming next?
Well, we're getting V-Jump soon, which is supposed to have something for Xenoverse.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:57 pm

Really hoping for more Story Mode. A couple more characters would be good too. Maybe better transformations for Namekians and Humans? Because Giant mode sucks and Flying Nimbus with Power Pole isn't really a power up.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:54 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Well, we're getting V-Jump soon, which is supposed to have something for Xenoverse.
Welp. This didn’t age well.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:22 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:Really hoping for more Story Mode. A couple more characters would be good too. Maybe better transformations for Namekians and Humans? Because Giant mode sucks and Flying Nimbus with Power Pole isn't really a power up.
Humans could get

Roshi’s MAX Power Mode

Nameks could get

Super Namekian
Red-Eye (if they feel like taking that from heroes)

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:26 pm

ZeroDio wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote:Really hoping for more Story Mode. A couple more characters would be good too. Maybe better transformations for Namekians and Humans? Because Giant mode sucks and Flying Nimbus with Power Pole isn't really a power up.
Humans could get

Roshi’s MAX Power Mode

Nameks could get

Super Namekian
Super Namekian just doesn't really have any physical differences and would probably look just like Unlocked Potential. Red Eye, well, a minor difference that can be changed in character creation anyway.

Roshi's Max power mode, I wouldn't mind.

While I'm at it; I do like the overall concept of the Purified Form for Majins, but the Stamina thing is still an issue, especially for Male Majins (female ones at least have a quick recharge rate if its broken). Maybe, along with Purified Form, introduce Super Form, like Super/Evil Buu?

Gold Form, I don't have an issue with. Overall. Only, the color change happens solely to the clothes/outfit your Freeza race character is wearing. Sometimes making a weird contrast in colors.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:33 pm

ZeroDio wrote:
Humans could get

Roshi’s MAX Power Mode

Nameks could get

Super Namekian

I still think an "Absorption" form could work for Majins. It would depend on who their mentor is, and they suddenly get there clothes and abilities. Could be a fun shakeup in a match

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:01 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:
ZeroDio wrote:
Humans could get

Roshi’s MAX Power Mode

Nameks could get

Super Namekian

I still think an "Absorption" form could work for Majins. It would depend on who their mentor is, and they suddenly get there clothes and abilities. Could be a fun shakeup in a match
Yea... a Absorption Mentor Form would be cool as long as the selected Mentor isn’t OP.

So yea

Majin:
Mentor Absorption
Super

Frieza:
100%
True Golden

Human:
MAX Power Mode

Saiyan:
Kale SSJ (Female Only - Ki Attack)
Broly SSJ (Male Only - Strike)
Wrathful
God

Namek:
Super Namekian
Red-Eyed Namekian

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:12 pm

So, for anyone interested, PSN is having a big Bandai Namco sale (as I also posted about in the FighterZ thread), and a bunch of Xenoverse 2 stuff is on sale.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2 - $14.99 (75% off)
Super Pass - $14.99 (50% off)
Super Pack 1 - $5.99 (40% off)
Super Pack 2 - $5.99 (40% off)
Super Pack 3 - $5.99 (40% off)
Super Pack 4 - $5.99 (40% off)
Extra Pack 1 - $5.99 (40% off)
Extra Pack 2 - $5.99 (40% off)

About the only notable things I noticed not being on sale are the Music Packs, and the newest DLC's (so Extra Pack 1 and 2, or the corresponding Pass for all four packs). I've already got all of these myself (save for Music Pack 2 which is again not in the sale anyway), so nothing for me to grab, but still thought I'd pass it along in case anyone else was interested.

I think some Xenoverse 1 stuff was also in the sale, but I didn't look too closely at that one.
Twitter

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:21 pm

So no XV news in VJump?

Soccerjam
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Soccerjam » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:24 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
Dragon Wukong wrote:Best thing about SSB Gogeta is his Big Bang Kamehameha actually teleports. Surprised they didn't bother to update SS4 Gogeta with the same thing.
SSB stronger than SS4 confirmed. lol
BULL****! :roll:

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:11 pm

Soccerjam wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:
Dragon Wukong wrote:Best thing about SSB Gogeta is his Big Bang Kamehameha actually teleports. Surprised they didn't bother to update SS4 Gogeta with the same thing.
SSB stronger than SS4 confirmed. lol
BULL****! :roll:
Dragon Wukong or ZeroNeonix?

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:25 pm

Dragon Wukong wrote:So no XV news in VJump?
Maybe we'll see something next month.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:51 am

Man still waiting on that photo mode.