"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Quebaz » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:38 am

EXBadguy wrote:So Bulla, you wanna talk about how this game recycling stages, combos, music, and models huh? What about Storm 3 & 4, the games that you constantly praise sometimes when I see you around here?
Storm 4 didn't have a slightly different story mode compared to 3, it was all new stuff, even if some of it was anime stills.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:38 am

MajinVegetaSSj6 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Draconic wrote:There is a guy streaming the story right now on YT, so if you don't mind spoilers someone should look it up and pay attention if characters/variations get unlocked after completing missions.
Just started watching... ANd the mission he's on is gonna bring back memes...
[spoiler]Turles is there...[/spoiler]
Link please?
Here you go
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:25 pm

Rage Trunks is apparently confirmed to be in the DLC... Just not as a playable character, And Rhymestyle is raging hard :D

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:46 pm

I don't know if anyone noticed yet, but the update changed SSJR Gokū Black's nametag from "Goku Black (Super Saiyan Rosé Goku Black)" to just "Rosé Goku Black", presumably to "match" the Super Saiyan Blue nametags (though I personally would've gone with SSR Goku Black if they wanted it to match).
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Footlong Shoe
Patreon Supporter

Post by Footlong Shoe » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:16 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:I don't know if anyone noticed yet, but the update changed SSJR Gokū Black's nametag from "Goku Black (Super Saiyan Rosé Goku Black)" to just "Rosé Goku Black", presumably to "match" the Super Saiyan Blue nametags (though I personally would've gone with SSR Goku Black if they wanted it to match).
That had actually been changed in a previous update, though I'm not sure when.
Discord - Footlong Shoe #1327

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:28 pm

The whole Rage Trunks/Zamasu thing really sucks. Luckly, though, at least I don't have to rely to fan made mods for these characters, since like with Demigra and Mira before modders will find a way to make them playable. Sadly console players don't have this luck. Dimps are either planning another DLC/update or they are just dicks.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:48 pm

Well, it was never said Super Saiyan Rage Future Trunks would be playable anyway. They just confirmed him in the game and we see him there.

The game was said to receive support for one year, so we still have time until October for more stuff.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:01 pm

Zamasu is such a badass in this!
[spoiler]"Tell your masters this, Time Patroller: When I am done here, you are next!"[/spoiler]

Kanassa wrote:

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:24 pm

Quebaz wrote:
EXBadguy wrote:So Bulla, you wanna talk about how this game recycling stages, combos, music, and models huh? What about Storm 3 & 4, the games that you constantly praise sometimes when I see you around here?
Storm 4 didn't have a slightly different story mode compared to 3, it was all new stuff, even if some of it was anime stills.
I'm talking about the stuff he complained about, not the story mode. Aside from that, Storm 3 & 4 really did recycle a lot of shit!
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:24 pm

I was looking through the files of the new update and I found traces of references to characters called called 'DBR' and 'BUU'

Despite what you might think, BUU is not the code for any of the Buu forms currently in the game. And these only appeared after the recent update

Kanassa wrote:

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:53 pm

My reaction to finding out about Grotesque Zamasu being unplayable.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:02 pm

I saw those IDs on Rhymestyle's Twitter. I'd take a wild guess and say they're Buuhan and Dabra for future fanservice DLC. Those are two of the most wanted characters, from what I've seen.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:19 pm

Dabura is just a must because of the Story Mode. Everyone wants to see him interacting with his sister and what is his role in the grand scheme. But talking about the character per si, he's not a must at all.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:31 pm

The Ikari thing doesn't bother me as much as it showing up in the CG cutscene. The Ikari that shows up in gameplay doesn't even have the right hair, I'd be more upset if they gave us that as a playable character and just told us to pretend the hair was right.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:33 pm

So about the SS4 outfit parts. Are they Saiyan exclusive or can other races wear them? Specifically, Earthlings and Buu? The upside to putting it on a female Buu with some SS4 hair would be that the holes on her arms would be covered, her crimson bra would match the fur color better, and as such, she would look like a more legitimate SS4 than even Saiyans!

So what's the story there? I"m in the hospital with my mom right now so I'm away from my PS4. I Doubt I'll be going home anytime soon either.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:53 pm

I'm actually extremely excited for the this DLC I've been dying to know how they will explain Super Trunks/Time Patrol Trunks and/or the hair colour thing. I really hope they go with TP trunks being the Trunks from the timeline Super Trunks gets sent to.

It solves the "double" problem.

I actually really like Xenoverse story and think it's under-rated, I liked the U6 tourney re-telling.

EDIT: Will this be midnight in the UK??
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:25 pm

TobyS wrote:I've been dying to know how they will explain Super Trunks/Time Patrol Trunks and/or the hair colour thing.
[spoiler]They don't really explain it, the Supreme Kai makes sure that Trunks is busy with another mission. Though it seems pretty clear that they are not the same person as Patrol!Trunks has no idea who Zamasu is. Actually, think this might imply that Zamasu causes Patrol!Trunks to exist[/spoiler]

Kanassa wrote:

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:27 pm

Kanassa wrote:
TobyS wrote:I've been dying to know how they will explain Super Trunks/Time Patrol Trunks and/or the hair colour thing.
[spoiler]They don't really explain it, the Supreme Kai makes sure that Trunks is busy with another mission. Though it seems pretty clear that they are not the same person as Patrol!Trunks has no idea who Zamasu is. Actually, think this might imply that Zamasu causes Patrol!Trunks to exist[/spoiler]
Oh no, is that just what you've gleaned from what they've shown? Has the entire plot been leaked start to finish?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:28 pm

TobyS wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Oh no, is that just what you've gleaned from what they've shown? Has the entire plot been leaked start to finish?
Yes, that's pretty much it. Sorry.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:50 pm

Anyone else caught Super Saiyan Rosé Goku Black saying more funny things? :lol: