"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Nia » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:12 am

Jackalope89 wrote:Believe me, I did meditation beforehand, had all 10 ki bars filled, had SSJBlue on, and Cabba's Super Soul. I hit the button combo for it, and nothing happened. And this was in practice mode.
Having just tested this myself, even using Meditation, it seems there is a slight Ki drain from SSJ Blue. It seems you have to use meditation a second time after transforming to counter it (which is weeeeeeeeeeeeeird). This will counter the drain, and allow you to launch the skill.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:30 am

Nia wrote:If you're referring to the #21 costume from FighterZ, that's a Japan-only promotion, unfortunately.
Was that ever fully confirmed? If so, that completely sucks. :?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:36 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Nia wrote:If you're referring to the #21 costume from FighterZ, that's a Japan-only promotion, unfortunately.
Yeah, it was confirmed. Appparently people straight up asked Bamco about it, and got this response:
No #21 costume for XV2 players, and no Kaioshin of Time lobby avatar for FighterZ players outside of Japan.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:16 pm

Android 21's costume is available for modders. I'm considering learning how to mod just to get her outfit. I've seen players wearing it.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:25 pm

Nia wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote:Believe me, I did meditation beforehand, had all 10 ki bars filled, had SSJBlue on, and Cabba's Super Soul. I hit the button combo for it, and nothing happened. And this was in practice mode.
Having just tested this myself, even using Meditation, it seems there is a slight Ki drain from SSJ Blue. It seems you have to use meditation a second time after transforming to counter it (which is weeeeeeeeeeeeeird). This will counter the drain, and allow you to launch the skill.
I'll try it again tonight. And I've noticed the whole slight ki drain thing, just didn't realize I would still have to do it in Practice Mode. What a pain.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:48 pm

So Dragon Ball Legends is also made by Dimps and is using Xenoverse as its base, but with the models and shading modified.
It might give us an early glimps of what XV3 might look like, artistically. They seem to have redone the faces, hair, ears, muscle detailing and muscle size for the characters, but the Xenoverse roots are still very visible, especially with the reused animations. Some models, like Nappa, seem to be mostly left unchanged.
Definitely a good start, hoping for a little more model work for XV3 and then higher quality celshading.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:26 pm

Grimlock wrote:Android 21's costume is available for modders. I'm considering learning how to mod just to get her outfit. I've seen players wearing it.
Just get the latest version of the Shopaholic Mod, you even get the Clothes 'Gift' for mentors.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:30 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:So Dragon Ball Legends is also made by Dimps and is using Xenoverse as its base, but with the models and shading modified.
It might give us an early glimps of what XV3 might look like, artistically. They seem to have redone the faces, hair, ears, muscle detailing and muscle size for the characters, but the Xenoverse roots are still very visible, especially with the reused animations. Some models, like Nappa, seem to be mostly left unchanged.
Definitely a good start, hoping for a little more model work for XV3 and then higher quality celshading.
Yeah those models give me good hopes for XV3. The shading especially looks infinitely better.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:47 pm

Nia wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Yeah, it was confirmed. Appparently people straight up asked Bamco about it, and got this response:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
No #21 costume for XV2 players, and no Kaioshin of Time lobby avatar for FighterZ players outside of Japan.
Well crap, that's annoying. :? Why in the hell would they keep something that simple and easy to do Japan only? I was going to use that outfit for my female Majin too. Guess I'll have to figure out something else.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:20 pm

Kanassa wrote:Just get the latest version of the Shopaholic Mod, you even get the Clothes 'Gift' for mentors.
Have you already tried it? Did it work? Do you have the outfit?
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:04 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:
Nia wrote:
I'll try it again tonight. And I've noticed the whole slight ki drain thing, just didn't realize I would still have to do it in Practice Mode. What a pain.
I think the drain is only active in the training mode oddly enough, but I haven't confirmed for certain. Just a slight oddity I noticed when grinding for TP medals earlier, and it didn't seem to have the same problem. Not sure how or why it would only be in training. Though, you'll instantly revert to your normal form upon launching it, so I'm not sure why it's important to be Blue while using it.
Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Nia wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Well crap, that's annoying. :? Why in the hell would they keep something that simple and easy to do Japan only? I was going to use that outfit for my female Majin too. Guess I'll have to figure out something else.
Yeah, it's kinda a dick move on their part. I mean, if it were some cross franchise promotion I could understand it due to licensing, but this is all the same franchise. It's definitely a baffling concept.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:14 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:So Dragon Ball Legends is also made by Dimps and is using Xenoverse as its base, but with the models and shading modified.
Yeah those models give me good hopes for XV3. The shading especially looks infinitely better.
It's been over a year since XV2, so they've most likely been refining the models. Hence why in the prerendered cutscenes, the models are spot-on to the anime, but the in-game graphics engine is just off for some of the characters.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:57 am

Nia wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote:
Nia wrote:
I think the drain is only active in the training mode oddly enough, but I haven't confirmed for certain. Just a slight oddity I noticed when grinding for TP medals earlier, and it didn't seem to have the same problem. Not sure how or why it would only be in training. Though, you'll instantly revert to your normal form upon launching it, so I'm not sure why it's important to be Blue while using it.
Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Nia wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Yeah, it's kinda a dick move on their part. I mean, if it were some cross franchise promotion I could understand it due to licensing, but this is all the same franchise. It's definitely a baffling concept.
Eh, just want to see what kind of damage I can get out of it is all.

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:48 am

Jackalope89 wrote: Eh, just want to see what kind of damage I can get out of it is all.
Ah, fair enough.
In that case, I'd recommend switching your Super Soul over to Champa's (I think it's something like "You're all just pawns in a game"), since that activates after some time passes, so you'll get the full damage effect instead of losing your damage buff when Bluper-Saiyajin wears off.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:56 am

Nia wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote: Eh, just want to see what kind of damage I can get out of it is all.
Ah, fair enough.
In that case, I'd recommend switching your Super Soul over to Champa's (I think it's something like "You're all just pawns in a game"), since that activates after some time passes, so you'll get the full damage effect instead of losing your damage buff when Bluper-Saiyajin wears off.
Actually, I tried it, and as soon as I activated Power Rush, SSJ blue vanished. In short; I didn't even get the damage boost from the transformation. :problem:

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:06 am

Any tips on how to ultimate finish PQ 122?
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:29 am

ShadowBardock89 wrote:Any tips on how to ultimate finish PQ 122?
Have 4th version of Piccolo (the one with the best all around stats and self-heals) and Zamasu (even when knock out, he'll self-revive). For your CAC, either SSJ Blue male specced into Ki blast Saiyan with Death Ball (good tracking, good damage) and Justice Combination (good, quick ultimate). With either Divinity Unleashed for charge up or Fuu's Super Soul.
Or Freeza Race with Golden Form, Death Ball, specced into Ki blast, and use the Babidi Super Soul combined with Justice Combo. And spamming his chargeable death beam helps a LOT.

I've also had good luck with Male Human striker build, with Champa's Super Soul, Justice Combination (will take away at least one full bar of health if high enough level) and Death Meteor (a decent strike substitute for Death Ball).

For items, go with 3 team health regens (small, medium, and large) and 1 personal regen. The regen makes you tanky.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:06 am

How strong do you think Dabura and Fu were at their peak in the new XV sorry mode?

It's harder to tell than normal because depending on which partner you bring and which partner Dabura brings varies and changes the scenario.

I guess we can assume the partners always fight each other to keep it the same.

Where do you think they rate vs previous end bosses and canon super characters?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:53 am

Jackalope89 wrote:
ShadowBardock89 wrote:Any tips on how to ultimate finish PQ 122?
Have 4th version of Piccolo (the one with the best all around stats and self-heals) and Zamasu (even when knock out, he'll self-revive).
I just tried this out and these guys work great! Thanks for the tip! :thumbup:

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:00 pm

For those of you wanting to use Power Rush while in Super Saiyan Blue, try Vegetto's Super Soul "This is Super Vegito!" It only takes effect once and doesn't last long, but it does work.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune