"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:16 pm

Ok i have a theory. Since Dimps is making this new mobile game and using XV assets this could be a hint at stuff to see in Xv3.

For example, we see Pikkon and Mercanary Tao so i’ll assume they’ll make it into the next game. We also see Kid Goku and Demon King Piccolo so maybe XV3 will finally add some Dragon Ball content into it.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:03 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:Ok i have a theory. Since Dimps is making this new mobile game and using XV assets this could be a hint at stuff to see in Xv3.

For example, we see Pikkon and Mercanary Tao so i’ll assume they’ll make it into the next game. We also see Kid Goku and Demon King Piccolo so maybe XV3 will finally add some Dragon Ball content into it.
That would be cool, we need something new for XV3 (original DB characters and new unique characters too).

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:10 pm

So looks like mentor gifts are now a thing and it definitely seems interesting

Seems like by giving mentors gifts we are able to not only get them to wear the costume, but it's also apparently how we attain new clothing items (i.e I've seen Goku gives the Super Saiyan Rose wig), and supposedly past raid items (Goku giving parts of the Golden Gi), however that last part is not confirmed

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:45 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:Ok i have a theory. Since Dimps is making this new mobile game and using XV assets this could be a hint at stuff to see in Xv3.

Makes sense. With Super taking a break, older characters can get more attention. I'm personally hoping for Master Roshi and Chiaotzu. I'm always happy for new characters, though. I'm not one to angrily demand characters who "should already be included."

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:49 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:

Makes sense. With Super taking a break, older characters can get more attention. I'm personally hoping for Master Roshi and Chiaotzu. I'm always happy for new characters, though. I'm not one to angrily demand characters who "should already be included."
I agree 100%
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:25 pm

The Goku and Kid Gohan costumes are available! :D
500 TP each.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:40 pm

Nia wrote:The Goku and Kid Gohan costumes are available! :D
500 TP each.
Oh yay, more TP grinding...here I was hoping them being called 'Gifts' meant we just got them for having the DLC. xD;;;
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:45 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Nia wrote:The Goku and Kid Gohan costumes are available! :D
500 TP each.
Oh yay, more TP grinding...here I was hoping them being called 'Gifts' meant we just got them for having the DLC. xD;;;
You underestimate Dimps' mastery of bullshit gameplay.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:56 pm

Scsigs wrote:You underestimate Dimps' mastery of bullshit gameplay.
Clearly. :lol:

Do we know for sure yet if these are timed where you only have a little time to get them, or is it we're just getting a few of them added every week until they're all done?
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:42 pm

So upon diving in a trying, Goku and Gohan DO give raid rewards for extra gifts. Should you give Goku extra copies of his costume, you will get pieces of the Golden Gi. Gohan has only given me the Golden Great Ape Head and Tail accessory. So looks like we've seen the microtransactions fully realized....except they're all RNG for what pieces you get and we have a limited window with which to get them.

Still, better this than them being gone forever. I foresee at least either Videl or 18 the chance to get the swimwear. But watch their gifts cost some absurd 2500 medals or something

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:22 pm

Huh...are the people accessing the mentor costumes outside the US? Didn't think to ask that before, and the 'Gift' option in the TP Shop is still greyed out for me.
Twitter

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:20 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Do we know for sure yet if these are timed where you only have a little time to get them, or is it we're just getting a few of them added every week until they're all done?
There's a definitive date that it runs through on the website. "3/22(木)0:00~3/28(水)23:59"
I'm kinda hoping they have it so it just cycles each week, 'cuz it would suck if it's a limited one-time-only thing that never comes back. Pretty thankful I've been grinding TP Medals for a while now, just in case.
Gyt Kaliba wrote:Huh...are the people accessing the mentor costumes outside the US? Didn't think to ask that before, and the 'Gift' option in the TP Shop is still greyed out for me.
I'm in the US, on the PS4. Just logged on earlier, and it was open.
MKCSTEALTH wrote:So upon diving in a trying, Goku and Gohan DO give raid rewards for extra gifts. Should you give Goku extra copies of his costume, you will get pieces of the Golden Gi. Gohan has only given me the Golden Great Ape Head and Tail accessory. So looks like we've seen the microtransactions fully realized....except they're all RNG for what pieces you get and we have a limited window with which to get them.

Still, better this than them being gone forever. I foresee at least either Videl or 18 the chance to get the swimwear. But watch their gifts cost some absurd 2500 medals or something
Why you gotta worry me like that?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:33 am

Do we know how to get Merged Zamasu's wig?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:36 am

Grimlock wrote:Do we know how to get Merged Zamasu's wig?
Haven't heard anything yet. Won't be surprised if it and the Zeno outfit are raid rewards.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:05 am

If the raid item reward is the wrong one for you reset the game while the reward window is open.

Otherwise the price combined with RNG will cost you thousands of hours or dollars (and you'll be a trash person who buys microtransactions)
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:58 am

Huh...does the 'Gift' option only unlock once you have enough TP medals for it or something? Because it's still greyed out for me. I currently only have 7 TP medals though, about to start in grinding more.
Twitter

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:28 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Huh...does the 'Gift' option only unlock once you have enough TP medals for it or something? Because it's still greyed out for me. I currently only have 7 TP medals though, about to start in grinding more.

Each gift costs 500. It's possible

So this is what I myself have received via the gifting. For Goku and Gohan

Goku:
-Full Golden Gi
-Super Saiyan Rose Wig

Gohan:
-Golden Great Ape Head and Tail Accessory

If anyone else has gotten anything else, feel free to add!

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:55 am

It seeems like Chronoa might get her Time Tournament after all...

Apparently the story for DBLegends (made by Dimps) centers around a tournament being held with participates from all over time. Since this is a Dimps game, and Dimps made both DBHeroes and XV, it would make sense that Chronoa is the one behind the whole Tournament.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:34 pm

Okay, yeah...I've got 511 TP Medals now, and the Gift option is STILL greyed out for me on the shop menu in the TP Shop. Is there something else you have to do to make it pop first? I've got the most recent updates, so I don't know what the heck is making it not work for me.

Edit: Just tried it about all the different ways I can think of. I have 511 TP medals right now, more than enough to get one set of the Gift outfits. I've tried it with Goku as my mentor, the option is still grey. Tried it with Gohan (Kid) as my mentor, still grey. Tried it with Krillin (since he was nearby) to see if it popped with neither of the current people as my mentor, just to see if it made a difference - still grey. I have the most recent updates and I've got all the DLC, and for some reason, this stupid thing is not popping for me. I've talked to Goku to see if that would make anything happen, but no, still no go.

At this point literally the only thing I can think of is the fact that I don't have PS Plus, just regular online PS4 capability. Is there any reason it'd be tied to Plus at all? I'm able to buy and download DLC just fine without Plus, so if this is tied to that for some reason, then that's asinine.

Edit 2: Becoming more and more convinced it's locked behind PS Plus somehow, because at the startup menu it says I'm 'not connected to the Xenoverse server' as I'm not a member of PS Plus. Outside of having to Z-Rank all of Goku's training missions, there's literally nothing else I can think of at the moment, unless my copy is just glitched somehow.
Twitter

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:31 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Okay, yeah...I've got 511 TP Medals now, and the Gift option is STILL greyed out for me on the shop menu in the TP Shop. Is there something else you have to do to make it pop first? I've got the most recent updates, so I don't know what the heck is making it not work for me.

Edit: Just tried it about all the different ways I can think of. I have 511 TP medals right now, more than enough to get one set of the Gift outfits. I've tried it with Goku as my mentor, the option is still grey. Tried it with Gohan (Kid) as my mentor, still grey. Tried it with Krillin (since he was nearby) to see if it popped with neither of the current people as my mentor, just to see if it made a difference - still grey. I have the most recent updates and I've got all the DLC, and for some reason, this stupid thing is not popping for me. I've talked to Goku to see if that would make anything happen, but no, still no go.

At this point literally the only thing I can think of is the fact that I don't have PS Plus, just regular online PS4 capability. Is there any reason it'd be tied to Plus at all? I'm able to buy and download DLC just fine without Plus, so if this is tied to that for some reason, then that's asinine.

Edit 2: Becoming more and more convinced it's locked behind PS Plus somehow, because at the startup menu it says I'm 'not connected to the Xenoverse server' as I'm not a member of PS Plus. Outside of having to Z-Rank all of Goku's training missions, there's literally nothing else I can think of at the moment, unless my copy is just glitched somehow.
If that's the case, I'm sorry to hear that. That would be kinda lame if you're screwed out of it because you don't have PS+. For Raids and such, sure... but for something that's entirely built on solo aspects, that seriously sucks.