"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:39 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:Huh...does the 'Gift' option only unlock once you have enough TP medals for it or something? Because it's still greyed out for me. I currently only have 7 TP medals though, about to start in grinding more.

Each gift costs 500. It's possible

So this is what I myself have received via the gifting. For Goku and Gohan

Goku:
-Full Golden Gi
-Super Saiyan Rose Wig

Gohan:
-Golden Great Ape Head and Tail Accessory

If anyone else has gotten anything else, feel free to add!
Does Goku give you the gi and the wig, or is it one or the other? I really want a Rose wig. :)

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:42 pm

Nia wrote:If that's the case, I'm sorry to hear that. That would be kinda lame if you're screwed out of it because you don't have PS+. For Raids and such, sure... but for something that's entirely built on solo aspects, that seriously sucks.
Unfortunately that seems to be the case as best as I can tell. I found a thread on GameFAQ's about it and others were having the same issues, because apparently you're not truly connected to the Xenoverse server without PS Plus. Which, to be fair, there is that notification every time I start up the game, but I never really paid it much mind before because I can still play the game, and buy all the DLC and all that, so...seemed like I had to have at least the most basic level of Xenoverse online connection you'd think. Hell, I still see the other players created characters in my city, it's not the barren city that 'offline' mode was in Xenoverse 1 or anything.

Unfortunately I can't post on the GameFAQ's thread to ask for 100% confirmation on it because, even after making an account there, I can't post in that forum because I don't have enough karma or points or...something ridiculous like that. Apparently today is my day to be annoyed by backwards-ass decisions in regards to technology...

But yeah, if anyone else here is in the same position where they can't access it and don't have PS Plus, or CAN access it without having Plus, so I can either fully confirm that seems to be the problem, or can get an answer as to what I'm doing wrong here, I'd greatly appreciate it.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:57 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
MKCSTEALTH wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:Huh...does the 'Gift' option only unlock once you have enough TP medals for it or something? Because it's still greyed out for me. I currently only have 7 TP medals though, about to start in grinding more.

Each gift costs 500. It's possible

So this is what I myself have received via the gifting. For Goku and Gohan

Goku:
-Full Golden Gi
-Super Saiyan Rose Wig

Gohan:
-Golden Great Ape Head and Tail Accessory

If anyone else has gotten anything else, feel free to add!
Does Goku give you the gi and the wig, or is it one or the other? I really want a Rose wig. :)
It's up to RNGesus I'm afraid. I've seen people spend nearly 5000 medals and not get the wig, I've seen people who've gotten it on the first time.

He does give both though. Gohan, as far as I know, is only giving the raid accessory

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:02 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:It's up to RNGesus I'm afraid. I've seen people spend nearly 5000 medals and not get the wig, I've seen people who've gotten it on the first time.

He does give both though. Gohan, as far as I know, is only giving the raid accessory
Well poop. I don't know if I want it quite that bad. Grinding TP medals is such a drag. ><

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:00 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Nia wrote:If that's the case, I'm sorry to hear that. That would be kinda lame if you're screwed out of it because you don't have PS+. For Raids and such, sure... but for something that's entirely built on solo aspects, that seriously sucks.
Unfortunately that seems to be the case as best as I can tell. I found a thread on GameFAQ's about it and others were having the same issues, because apparently you're not truly connected to the Xenoverse server without PS Plus. Which, to be fair, there is that notification every time I start up the game, but I never really paid it much mind before because I can still play the game, and buy all the DLC and all that, so...seemed like I had to have at least the most basic level of Xenoverse online connection you'd think. Hell, I still see the other players created characters in my city, it's not the barren city that 'offline' mode was in Xenoverse 1 or anything.

Unfortunately I can't post on the GameFAQ's thread to ask for 100% confirmation on it because, even after making an account there, I can't post in that forum because I don't have enough karma or points or...something ridiculous like that. Apparently today is my day to be annoyed by backwards-ass decisions in regards to technology...

But yeah, if anyone else here is in the same position where they can't access it and don't have PS Plus, or CAN access it without having Plus, so I can either fully confirm that seems to be the problem, or can get an answer as to what I'm doing wrong here, I'd greatly appreciate it.
My condolences. That's some serious BS.
Hope things get better for you.
BlueBasilisk wrote:
MKCSTEALTH wrote:It's up to RNGesus I'm afraid. I've seen people spend nearly 5000 medals and not get the wig, I've seen people who've gotten it on the first time.

Well poop. I don't know if I want it quite that bad. Grinding TP medals is such a drag. ><
I was lucky and got it with the second gift I gave Goku. But I've been stocking up on TP Medals for a while (each day, I set aside a little bit of time and just spam that Vegeta Expert Mission like 10 times in a row).
Wish I'd done that during the double TP event not that long ago...

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:49 pm

I'm pretty "meh" on wigs in general. The only one I've ever used, was the SSJ4 Goku one. And only for a short time at that.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:53 pm

So I finally have the figures to build the Future Trunks/Gohan team, but I'm lacking the skills. Am I just missing something because I can't find where to find skills like "ATK Up 01" that boosts attack when a figure is alone? Or skills that boost when they knock out an opponent?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:03 pm

So I decided to play with the shop mod to see what's in there. 21's costume and accessories ARE in the game and translated.

"Draw me like one of your disgusting mortal animated women!"
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

:lol:
Last edited by BlueBasilisk on Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:25 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:So I finally have the figures to build the Future Trunks/Gohan team, but I'm lacking the skills. Am I just missing something because I can't find where to find skills like "ATK Up 01" that boosts attack when a figure is alone? Or skills that boost when they knock out an opponent?
In the store for the thing. The higher level you are/more story you've completed, the more that's unlocked.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:35 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:
MKCSTEALTH wrote:So I finally have the figures to build the Future Trunks/Gohan team, but I'm lacking the skills. Am I just missing something because I can't find where to find skills like "ATK Up 01" that boosts attack when a figure is alone? Or skills that boost when they knock out an opponent?
In the store for the thing. The higher level you are/more story you've completed, the more that's unlocked.

Ah gotcha. I'm still fairly low level (just hit 27)

Thanks much :thumbup:

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:45 pm

Okay. I know the TP medal store isn't the most popular thing, but I don't have the patience to grind.

Problem is, when I went to get the 5,000 medal thing, which $29.99, and I have $31 on my xbox account, it says I need additional payment.

I have NEVER had that happen before. :evil:

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:39 am

Jackalope89 wrote:Okay. I know the TP medal store isn't the most popular thing, but I don't have the patience to grind.

Problem is, when I went to get the 5,000 medal thing, which $29.99, and I have $31 on my xbox account, it says I need additional payment.

I have NEVER had that happen before. :evil:
None of us like grinding but thanks to you guys selling out we'll have to now because they will keep doing it in more expansions / xv3, because you enabled the behavior.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:44 am

So I spent frigging ages grinding 1500. Got the two outfits for the Go's and then planned on doing a soft reset at the item reward pop up until I got the wig. But I did it by hitting the power button rather than closing the tab. When I turned the Xbox back on the game loaded straight back up!

I then hit home and closed the app. When I reloaded I had lost the tp...

Has anyone successfully done it on Xbox because I only heard in relation to ps4...?

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:10 am

TobyS wrote:So I spent frigging ages grinding 1500. Got the two outfits for the Go's and then planned on doing a soft reset at the item reward pop up until I got the wig. But I did it by hitting the power button rather than closing the tab. When I turned the Xbox back on the game loaded straight back up!

Has anyone successfully done it on Xbox because I only heard in relation to ps4...?
What grinding method did you use?
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:49 am

Scsigs wrote:
TobyS wrote:So I spent frigging ages grinding 1500. Got the two outfits for the Go's and then planned on doing a soft reset at the item reward pop up until I got the wig. But I did it by hitting the power button rather than closing the tab. When I turned the Xbox back on the game loaded straight back up!

What grinding method did you use?
Broly mission... 18?

Turns out I was wrong, it does work to save scum on Xbox!

I thought it didn't cuz I lost the to medals... But you lose them when you buy the gift! I still had the gift after closing the game upon seeing I was awarded the golden gi! Got the wig on that second hand in, well chuffed!

Wonder if All the raid items will come back.

Phozz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Phozz » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:28 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:Ok i have a theory. Since Dimps is making this new mobile game and using XV assets this could be a hint at stuff to see in Xv3.

For example, we see Pikkon and Mercanary Tao so i’ll assume they’ll make it into the next game. We also see Kid Goku and Demon King Piccolo so maybe XV3 will finally add some Dragon Ball content into it.
I find it silly how Dimps has always told us "Original Dragon Ball characters can't make it in because they're too weak & they can't fly", yet we see them here...

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:13 am

Phozz wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:Ok i have a theory. Since Dimps is making this new mobile game and using XV assets this could be a hint at stuff to see in Xv3.

For example, we see Pikkon and Mercanary Tao so i’ll assume they’ll make it into the next game. We also see Kid Goku and Demon King Piccolo so maybe XV3 will finally add some Dragon Ball content into it.
I find it silly how Dimps has always told us "Original Dragon Ball characters can't make it in because they're too weak & they can't fly", yet we see them here...
So how do they justify Hercule, Videl and Great Saiyaman 2 with those criteria?

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:15 am

You're gonna have to change your start up on Xbox. If you change it to I believe "Power Saving" (whichever option isn't "fast start-up") that should shut the console off and close apps

As for the reset method, I believe it does still cost the TP but you keep your items. I haven't tried it myself but from what I've seen I believe that's how it works

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:55 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Phozz wrote:

So how do they justify Hercule, Videl and Great Saiyaman 2 with those criteria?
You know Videl and great Saiyaman 2 can fly in the anime right?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:54 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:

You're gonna have to change your start up on Xbox. If you change it to I believe "Power Saving" (whichever option isn't "fast start-up") that should shut the console off and close apps

As for the reset method, I believe it does still cost the TP but you keep your items. I haven't tried it myself but from what I've seen I believe that's how it works
Thanks for the helpful advice bit it turns out I was just tired and confused, obviously I had already spent my to on the gift, the reset worked in that o still had the gift to try again! Got the wig first attempt this morning.

With this and the fact I realised most non costume drops are raid items I might already have, its not going to be too painful after all!