"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:02 pm

Next week, v-jump will be coming; predictions?
I'm thinking we'll get a page about the next DLC, with us maybe getting a release date for 5 beforehand. Two characters announced, some story screen shots and maybe more info about he new mode.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:53 pm

Kanassa wrote:Next week, v-jump will be coming; predictions?
I'm thinking we'll get a page about the next DLC, with us maybe getting a release date for 5 beforehand. Two characters announced, some story screen shots and maybe more info about he new mode.
Fu and Mechickaboola announced.

Now speaking realistically, I expect them to announce Ultra Instinct Goku, the new character, a new stage and maybe the release date for DLC Pack 5.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:18 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:

Now speaking realistically, I expect them to announce Ultra Instinct Goku, the new character, a new stage and maybe the release date for DLC Pack 5.
You GET me.

But seriously I see us definetly getting release date for dlc5 even though it will most likely be the last Tuesday of November. I am maybe expecting some other outfits to be announced like Caulifla and Kale’s and maybe even Kafla’s clothing. Or maybe the Gods of Destruction clothing.

We could get a hint at someone who is messing with the DLC stories and or the reveal of Ultra Instinct Goku and the new stage for DLC 6. I am hyped. Who knows? We might even get a DLC 7
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:07 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
YonedgeHP wrote:

You GET me.

But seriously I see us definetly getting release date for dlc5 even though it will most likely be the last Tuesday of November. I am maybe expecting some other outfits to be announced like Caulifla and Kale’s and maybe even Kafla’s clothing. Or maybe the Gods of Destruction clothing.

We could get a hint at someone who is messing with the DLC stories and or the reveal of Ultra Instinct Goku and the new stage for DLC 6. I am hyped. Who knows? We might even get a DLC 7
I still want Corrupted Merged Zamas and SS Rage Trunks as playable characters, but I guess it won't be possible as far as free content.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:15 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
YonedgeHP wrote: Fu and Mechickaboola announced.

You GET me.

I still want Corrupted Merged Zamas and SS Rage Trunks as playable characters, but I guess it won't be possible as far as free content.
Maybe as free dlc for DLC 6. I mean, technically they aren’t new characters considering they were done for the most part so it’s not like we should pay for characters that are already in the game. Characters like Tapion and 13 are paid dlc because they weren’t i the game before
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:16 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:

I think Mechi should be saved for Xenoverse 3

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:28 am

You'd like Kefla/Kafla to be in DLC 6?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:32 am

If we're not going to get Universe Survival saga, then I don't see the point of adding any character from there. Still, as I like to do some specific fights, Kafla would be a fine addition as I'd put her against Vegetto, Gogeta, Merged Zamasu and Gotenks. I'd like to hear what they would have to say about Kafla. It's the first female fusion so I bet Gotenks would make a joke out of it. :)

Speaking of addtion, I hope they add Super Saiyan transformations to Movie 15 Goku and Vegeta and luckily they give Cabba the Super Saiyan 2 form (just for me to be happy!).
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:54 am

YonedgeHP wrote:You'd like Kefla/Kafla to be in DLC 6?
Yeah, It could be UI Goku, Jiren, Kafla, and NOC. She has more than enough material. Her throw, her Berserk Transformation, her double fidget spinner attack, her multiple green ki balls charged from both hands and thrown at the same time blast, and her other stuff too. I have a feeling she’ll get SSJ3 next episode so yeah, SSJ3Berserk
Grimlock wrote:If we're not going to get Universe Survival saga, then I don't see the point of adding any character from there. Still, as I like to do some specific fights, Kafla would be a fine addition as I'd put her against Vegetto, Gogeta, Merged Zamasu and Gotenks. I'd like to hear what they would have to say about Kafla. It's the first female fusion so I bet Gotenks would make a joke out of it. :)

Speaking of addtion, I hope they add Super Saiyan transformations to Movie 15 Goku and Vegeta and luckily they give Cabba the Super Saiyan 2 form (just for me to be happy!).
Yeah, maybe for the free update we get Android 17 with his Park Ranger preset, Cabba gets his foot blast and his attack used to defeat Monna, and ssj2 as a preset. Maybe we could even get Fit/Slim Majin Buu as a preset. We could also get another Hit preset where he gets his invisible blast punches and his time jail thing that he used on Jiren. We could even get the Halo Freeza preset where he transforms into Golden and uses his ten fingered death beams.

There are so many things they can do but sadly i dont think we’ll get all of this. I really do hope that they update Hit and Freeza above all though.

Also remember that the Story mode could be twice as long because in the officials chart, for every DLC with a story, it had one circle. For DLC 6 it had two. DLC 5 and 6 are the two largest DLC packs so the story mode should be bigger too.

This gets me hyped because the Future Trunks and Black story DLC felt long compared to the other one so this one will feel really long

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:30 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
This gets me hyped because the Future Trunks and Black story DLC felt long compared to the other one so this one will feel really long
Well, of course the Trunks one felt longer, it had two more mission than any of the other DLC stories.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:56 pm

I like her but i think it's too early.
They will probably focus on pre-universal tournament, so trio-de danger and other characters.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:02 pm

Kanassa wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Well, of course the Trunks one felt longer, it had two more mission than any of the other DLC stories.
Ok, how many missions did DLC 2 have? With that number i’d predict that DLC 6 will have double the number of missions at least

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:04 pm

Gt91 wrote:
They will probably focus on pre-universal tournament, so trio-de danger and other characters.
You do know that UI Goku is one of the characters we are getting, and another is a NOC right? And we are only getting 4 characters?

If we are getting UI Goku we’ll definetly get Jiren, which leaves room for one more character:

We could probably get:

Bergamo
Ribrianne
Caulifla
Kale
Kafla

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:12 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Gt91 wrote:
You do know that UI Goku is one of the characters we are getting, and another is a NOC right? And we are only getting 4 characters?

If we are getting UI Goku we’ll definetly get Jiren, which leaves room for one more character:

We could probably get:

Bergamo
Ribrianne
Caulifla
Kale
Kafla
Yes, i do.I was talking in general when i wrote "trio de danger". I think that bergamo could be the one to get a place in this DLC.
So, here's my list:
-UI goku
-Fusion between mira/towa
-bergamo
-GT character?

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:14 pm

This V-Jump isn't going to show stuff from the next DLC, it'll cover the free update.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:22 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Ok, how many missions did DLC 2 have? With that number i’d predict that DLC 6 will have double the number of missions at least
XV1:
DLC 1 - 3 missions - Baby Fight, Neo Ginyu Force/17 Fight and the Super 17 Fight
DLC 2 - 3 Missions - Nova Shenron/Eis Shenron Fight, Omega Shenron Fight and GT Boss Rush

XV2:
DLC 2 - 3 Missions - Frost/Cabba Fight, Cabba/Hit Fight and Hit/Corrupted-Trio Fight
DLC 4 - 5 Missions - Base Black Fight, Rose Black Fight, Black/Zamasu Fight, Movie Villain's Rush Fight and Merged Zamasu Fight
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Gt91 wrote:

If we are getting UI Goku we’ll definetly get Jiren
Uh, not really. Getting UI Goku just means we're getting UI Goku, just like how Bojack was tacked onto DLC 4 without actually relating to the storyline of that content.

Kanassa wrote:

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:17 pm

Kanassa wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Gt91 wrote:

If we are getting UI Goku we’ll definetly get Jiren
Uh, not really. Getting UI Goku just means we're getting UI Goku, just like how Bojack was tacked onto DLC 4 without actually relating to the storyline of that content.
My reasoning is that its like this:

Why introduce a character but not their counter part to that character? For example, why would they have SSJ Gogeta but not have Super Janemba, why have Black but not Zamasu, why have Mira but not Towa, why have UI Goku but not Jiren.

In Bojack’s case, he didn’t really have a counter-part so he was just shoehorned into the dlc since they had time. I feel like out of any character they can add, Jiren is the most expected because there’s a 99.999999999% chance that UI Goku is in too.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:50 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:why have Mira but not Towa
Because Towa is not a fighter, she's a scientist. We're just lucky enough that Dimps allows us to play with her.

Also, Vegetto appears in both games, despite Super Buu with Gohan absorbed doesn't in neither. Only now, in 2017 (?), they're gonna give a reason for Vegetto to be in XV2.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:18 am

Grimlock wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:why have Mira but not Towa
Because Towa is not a fighter, she's a scientist. We're just lucky enough that Dimps allows us to play with her.

Also, Vegetto appears in both games, despite Super Buu with Gohan absorbed doesn't in neither. Only now, in 2017 (?), they're gonna give a reason for Vegetto to be in XV2.
The fact she's playable says otherwise.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:39 am

I'd rather they hold off on any Universe Survival saga content u til Xenoverse 3 rather than half adding it.

If they're gonna have more DLC then Tagoma, Botamo, Magetta and Super Saiyan Rage Trunks should be included.