"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Scsigs
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Scsigs » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:29 am

Nia wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:Speaking of Goku Black, does anyone have issues with Rose's audio switching from English to Japanese when he's an ally? All of his pop-up dialogue is Sean, but his in-battle voice is Nozawa's. It's really weird.
Nozawa's Goku Black is too alpha to be dubbed by silly baka gaijin!

Reminds me of a glitch back in the first Budokai Tenkaichi where if you loaded a file with the Japanese voices already active, the game would bug out and you'd get a weird mix of the two.
Reminds me of 2 audio glitches in Budokai 3 HD. During Gohan's (circa the Cell Games) powers up in anger at Cell, I believe, the scream is Nozawa's & not Nadolny's for some reason on the English voice track. The other is Uub. The yell he has with that scream attack is his Japanese voice & not his English one on the English track too for some reason. Wish they would've released a patch for it, but then again, they didn't put Budokai 2 in the pack (a game I think has a bit more replay value than either 1 or 3 in some areas & doesn't get enough love), so why would I expect a patch fix for it?
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Phozz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Phozz » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:30 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:Hey! Does anyone know who’s voice it is in the Extra Pack 2 trailer at 2:52? The guy who says “You will suffer at my hand”. Someone on reddit said it was Demigra but i check XV1 storymode and both base form Demigra and Final form Demigra share the same voice and it isn’t as deep as the one in the trailer. I thought of Jiren but i feel like the voice is slightly different and the words from the voice are too devious to be Jiren.

I also theorized Dabura but i can’t seem to find his japanese audio from his character in XV2. I also thought Mechikabura but i need to find his voice in Heroes to compare. I ALSO thought Mira but i still need to compare.

My last wild guess is that Fu has some kinda transformation. What do you guys think?

Here’s the trailer again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4XhnE0ggmk
Maybe Fu actually did what his mother and father couldn't! Maybe he revived the demon realm and that's Mechikabura talking?! If so, we guessed right and XV2 is ending on a cliffhanger that leads to XV3!

Yeah. I can say, with 100% certainty, that that's Dabura. In the very beginning of the trailer, he's shown in the time place. The same place we heard the voice!

Nevaeh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nevaeh » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:52 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:Speaking of Goku Black, does anyone have issues with Rose's audio switching from English to Japanese when he's an ally? All of his pop-up dialogue is Sean, but his in-battle voice is Nozawa's. It's really weird.
Sounds like GT Final Bout :lol:

Metrite
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Metrite » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:11 am

I started playing this again recently. I saw it used at a cheap price for the Switch and figured it looked like a good deal since I'd rather be playing it on a console than a computer (plus being able to take it around as a bonus). And of course that meant buying all the DLC again. lol It looks like the next batch will be coming on the 28th. That means, thanks to this week skipping an episode of Super, we'll actually be seeing a new form of Goku in action in video games before the actual series itself! I think that's a first.

Speaking of DLC, there are a couple skills I've been trying hard to find that never seem to show up: Sword of Hope and Spirit Stab. Is there a specific date that the "disconnect and change date" exploit can work for those? I've tried countless, but the skill option in the TP shop just remains grayed out (signaling all skills are bought) no matter what date. Is there another way to get them? Or did they just forget to include those skills in the Switch version altogether?

MajinVegetaSSj6
Beyond Newbie

Post by MajinVegetaSSj6 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:01 am

would love to have Vegeta Super Saiyan Blue Shinka in this game for DLC...

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:07 am

I've just noticed that the official website (this link I provided doesn't lead you straight to Hero Colosseum article, click on the red and blue bar to go to it) has a blank bar that is not available yet to click. Which might means there's more to come to Hero Colosseum. Still, it's very weird that we don't know anything about the free content other than the Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan for avatars.

All I want is more Story Mode that was promised once you finish it and more figures.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:53 pm

Will the free update (which will add the SSB to CaC) be released on Monday or Tuesday?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:03 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:Will the free update (which will add the SSB to CaC) be released on Monday or Tuesday?
Monday supposedly
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:23 pm

Okay, so I unlocked Majin Purification and my Saiyan is level 40, but I have two questions:

1- Do I need to unlock Super Vegeta to obtain the trophy?
2- If so, how do I unlock Super Vegeta?
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:52 pm

I'm really stuck at beating extreme malice any tips of beating this level.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:55 pm

Spider-Man wrote:I'm really stuck at betting the level of extreme malice any tips of beating this level.
Try not to stay still and get an ultimate that has animation that'll give you a second or two of invincibility frames when they throw the whirlwind at you.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Spider-Man wrote:I'm really stuck at betting the level of extreme malice any tips of beating this level.
Try not to stay still and get an ultimate that has animation that'll give you a second or two of invincibility frames when they throw the whirlwind at you.
Ah I see thanks for the tips.
Last edited by Spider-Man on Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:58 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:Okay, so I unlocked Majin Purification and my Saiyan is level 40, but I have two questions:

1- Do I need to unlock Super Vegeta to obtain the trophy?
2- If so, how do I unlock Super Vegeta?
1) No, you do not need Super Vegeta for the trophy/achievement.
2) You unlock Super Vegeta by completing the Capsule Corps Time Rift Missions.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:59 pm

Super Vegeta 2 CaC, max in Ki blast, divinity unleashed, Hmmm Hmmm Hmmm super soul (keeps you and your teammates healed up), and spam the hell out of Big Bang Kamehameha. And use something like Force Field for those undodgeable attacks.

You don't need the extra ending with Merged Zamasu to unlock Data Input, just get passed the main ones.

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:01 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:
Super Vegeta 2 CaC, max in Ki blast, divinity unleashed, Hmmm Hmmm Hmmm super soul (keeps you and your teammates healed up), and spam the hell out of Big Bang Kamehameha. And use something like Force Field for those undodgeable attacks.

You don't need the extra ending with Merged Zamasu to unlock Data Input, just get passed the main ones.
Thanks for the tip man and I will use the set for my Saiyan who is Level 80.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:03 pm

Spider-Man wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote:

Thanks for the tip man and I will use the set for my Saiyan who is Level 80.
May want to bump up his level a bit. I did it at 90, and well, it was a pain to get through.

On the bright side, after this one, the rest are incredibly easy in comparison.

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:06 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:
May want to bump up his level a bit. I did it at 90, and well, it was a pain to get through.

On the bright side, after this one, the rest are incredibly easy in comparison.
Ok I will level up my Saiyan once again thanks.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:36 pm

Reminds me of BT1 if you put SSJ4 Goku against SSJ4 Vegeta their Japanese voices played even on the dub track

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:18 pm

Kanassa wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:Will the free update (which will add the SSB to CaC) be released on Monday or Tuesday?
Monday supposedly
So this new Monday maintenance should be related to the free update, right?

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:23 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Monday supposedly
So this new Monday maintenance should be related to the free update, right?

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Should be.

Kanassa wrote: