"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:55 am

Lek wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Grimlock wrote:You have to go with other mentors, even the ones that do not appear on the list. In my case, I only had to go with Zamasu on Cell Games and booyah... Tokipedia at 100%!
Like, just do those missions with any random mentor, or is it a specific hidden one for each of them?
Do these with all the mentors you can see in the description (they have special events or dialogue) + 1 random mentor not on that list (which won't affect anything). This should give you 100%, at least it did for me.
Thanks guys, that does seem to do the trick! Used Tien on 'Android Assault on History' and that got it up to 100%. Weird, but I guess that's what that first little notch on each of those is, is for 'any random mentor' essentially.

Also just hit 80%+ on the overall Extra Story Mode, which netted me the last of Fu's moves. The only other moves I've got to unlock are 17 (Super)'s and two of Jiren's from PQ's, so...what does 100% in Extra Story Mode get you then?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:22 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Lek wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Like, just do those missions with any random mentor, or is it a specific hidden one for each of them?
Do these with all the mentors you can see in the description (they have special events or dialogue) + 1 random mentor not on that list (which won't affect anything). This should give you 100%, at least it did for me.
Thanks guys, that does seem to do the trick! Used Tien on 'Android Assault on History' and that got it up to 100%. Weird, but I guess that's what that first little notch on each of those is, is for 'any random mentor' essentially.

Also just hit 80%+ on the overall Extra Story Mode, which netted me the last of Fu's moves. The only other moves I've got to unlock are 17 (Super)'s and two of Jiren's from PQ's, so...what does 100% in Extra Story Mode get you then?
Infinite Symbol
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:25 pm

Ohh, the nickname thing that there's a trophy tied to? Neat. Still missing quite a few of the nicknames too, but eh, never really cared too much on that one.
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:25 pm

I finished the HC new story and ... where is [spoiler]broly? I saw him in the last trailer but he's not in the game Dx. I defeated gogeta and won the tournament ... is there something else to do?[/spoiler]

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:25 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Dragon Wukong wrote:Is Nappa's wig affected by Super Saiyan?
I saw somewhere that it apparently just disappears completely when he turns Super Saiyan.
The same with Goku costumes?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:28 pm

So...if one were to actually go and beat all of the Hero Colosseum stuff (not saying I will, because I actually don't really care much for it - not to mention how I keep hearing it gets impossibly hard towards the end), does Bulma stop doing the ad for it over the intercom? Or are we just stuck with that eternally now? :crazy:
Twitter

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:28 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:The same with Goku costumes?
Well, he can go SSJ 1-3, of course, but his hat does disappear when he transforms, from what I've seen. So, more or less, yeah, the same case as Nappa.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:22 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:
Dragon Wukong wrote:Is Nappa's wig affected by Super Saiyan?
I saw somewhere that it apparently just disappears completely when he turns Super Saiyan.
They really just need to program some things better. If you bring Goku during the new DLC expansion, every time he goes SSB, he goes back to his normal clothes for some reason if you alter his color scheme.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:44 pm

Scsigs wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote: I saw somewhere that it apparently just disappears completely when he turns Super Saiyan.
They really just need to program some things better. If you bring Goku during the new DLC expansion, every time he goes SSB, he goes back to his normal clothes for some reason if you alter his color scheme.
Isn't SSB Goku a separate character from normal Goku? I'd wager that's why that happens.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:18 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Scsigs wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:
Isn't SSB Goku a separate character from normal Goku? I'd wager that's why that happens.
However, they JUST put in SSB as a transformations for CaCs, so they can do the same for Vegeta & Goku so that doesn't happen. Hell, Goku has 2 Super Saiyan transformations that you can equip to him alone, give him the most important one too.

Speaking of programming things in, why is there no alternate skins for Android 13 with his trucker hat? They programmed it into the game as a piece of clothing for CaCs, so they have the file, so they could do it if they wanted to.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Lek
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lek » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:59 am

By the way: When the Hero Colosseum first came out, it really irritated me to hear the power up sounds. They ripped these straight out of Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, which makes sense, given it's also a Bandai property. Did anyone else notice that?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:06 am

Gt91 wrote:I finished the HC new story and ... where is [spoiler]broly? I saw him in the last trailer but he's not in the game Dx. I defeated gogeta and won the tournament ... is there something else to do?[/spoiler]
Free battles. And they are harder than the story with about 4 more levels iirc.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:54 am

TobyS wrote:
Gt91 wrote:I finished the HC new story and ... where is [spoiler]broly? I saw him in the last trailer but he's not in the game Dx. I defeated gogeta and won the tournament ... is there something else to do?[/spoiler]
Free battles. And they are harder than the story with about 4 more levels iirc.
So i have to do again lv 7 battles to get the others? Thanks :)

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:48 am

All I've got left to do in the new DLC basically is do some grinding in the new PQ's to get all the skills, outfit pieces, and super souls. In regards to the skills, do we know if any of them are random drops off of characters or are they Ultimate Finish related? The ones left I need are Rough Ranger from 119. 'A Ranger's Duty', and Meditation and Power Rush from 122. 'The Final Battle Before the Final Battle?!'.
Twitter

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:34 pm

Scsigs wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote: I saw somewhere that it apparently just disappears completely when he turns Super Saiyan.
That's because they're replacing your mentor preset Goku with one of the SSB presets. That's why you can't still do a dual ultimate with him. Same goes for Vegeta

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:09 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:
Scsigs wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:
That's because they're replacing your mentor preset Goku with one of the SSB presets. That's why you can't still do a dual ultimate with him. Same goes for Vegeta
Doesnt mean its not extremely lazy programming.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:09 pm

I think he's only part of the 7 star extra battles or something? I haven't done HC but that's what I heard.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:12 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:All I've got left to do in the new DLC basically is do some grinding in the new PQ's to get all the skills, outfit pieces, and super souls. In regards to the skills, do we know if any of them are random drops off of characters or are they Ultimate Finish related? The ones left I need are Rough Ranger from 119. 'A Ranger's Duty', and Meditation and Power Rush from 122. 'The Final Battle Before the Final Battle?!'.
I think Jiren's moves drop from him.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:16 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:All I've got left to do in the new DLC basically is do some grinding in the new PQ's to get all the skills, outfit pieces, and super souls. In regards to the skills, do we know if any of them are random drops off of characters or are they Ultimate Finish related? The ones left I need are Rough Ranger from 119. 'A Ranger's Duty', and Meditation and Power Rush from 122. 'The Final Battle Before the Final Battle?!'.
I don't remember whether Rough Ranger was a You Got Skill drop (though I don't think so), but I can confirm that Meditation drops that way from Jiren, and Power Rush is an Ultimate Finish reward.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:36 pm

Dragon Wukong wrote:
I think he's only part of the 7 star extra battles or something? I haven't done HC but that's what I heard.
I finished the main story and checked all the free battles but i can't find the ones with broly ecc... so i asked.
Tomorrow i'll see better what to do,i'm loving this mode :)

In XV3 i hope to see a lot of new miniatures,(what-ifs, ikari trunks, new fusion ecc),combinations with miniature like in heroes (combinated attacks)and a great new story (and DLCs to expand this feature) :D
Last edited by Gt91 on Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.